PDA

View Full Version : Enough of this please!

Ryman
05-08-04, 21:27
Ok ... reading the forums is driving me crazy at the moment with all the hype and speculation of NC2 .

I have been patiently waiting for some official news on NC2 and haven't joined in with the many posts on the said matter(until now) .

I am a patient person , but with a 1st September release date I am very worried . Why? because nothing is being said and no one is giving official responces to many of the questions being asked .

Ok maybe KK dont know the many of the answers yet , and still has descisions to make . Fair enough ...... I and many others understand that there's a lot of work to do , but please don't just ignore people .

Can someone from KK at least give us a statment that all is well ? maybe a few words just to calm people down ? I realy dont think this is too much to ask !

Candaman
05-08-04, 21:29
ONOZZZZZZZZZZZZZ END OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!! oh wait i'm getting too worked up

-FN-
05-08-04, 21:35
The number of people with questions who beg for answers is inversely proportional to the percentage chance that an official clarification will show up here covering all our concerns.

Melkior
05-08-04, 21:37
*hic*

GambitFlame
05-08-04, 21:37
straight answers....hmmm thats novel

Ghanima
05-08-04, 21:46
Gosh all this waiting for any tidbit of information is worse than trying to sleep the night before Christmas.

Ghanima :angel:

Neocrons_coward
06-08-04, 00:12
Gosh all this waiting for any tidbit of information is worse than trying to sleep the night before Christmas.

Ghanima :angel:

At the age of 20 u never expect christmas to make you not sleep because your bound to have every present guerssed correctly.. Just most of mine end up going back to the shop as it wasnt what i wanted.. I eventually get it :)

Genty
06-08-04, 00:20
People get seriously worked up for nothing, everyone seems to be in need of a reminder that it is just a game, not life and death. OMG MAN GIVE US INFO NOW BEFORE I CRY AND GO TO MY MUMMY!!

*yawn*

Genty

Against

Moaning

Egos

*goes to look for his sanity*

Hello?

Dru Blood
06-08-04, 00:24
i think its such a mock because there is no real ingame shit being released out onto the web yet, just the same bullshit doy pics hacknet and now a retarded pe, wooopy fucking dooo we made it look more shit 25quid plz. :lol:

Chaos81
06-08-04, 01:49
Sorry to be snippy but....

The thing is that some of the people who keep posting these threads are probably going to go back to posting 'nerf this/that', 'I died wrongly because...', threads once they get thier "info".

Some people complain just because they can and that's a fact.
Sure there's no info. Thanatos and the others are looking into it. Shit takes time. If you want smething fast go to McDonalds and sue them for getting fat.

Note this is not an intended dig anyone - just a personal observation.

Marx
06-08-04, 02:33
Thanatos and the others are looking into it. Shit takes time. If you want smething fast go to McDonalds and sue them for getting fat.

Note this is not an intended dig anyone - just a personal observation.I think it would've been realistic to expect stuff like this to be either already taken care of, or put forth in such a manner to allow players to reach it beforehand.

If someone has to look into something which should already be common knowledge to the playerbase, if the company making the game can't or won't give definative answers which would effect player holdings weeks before the next expansion is released... I don't think that they have their shit together.

Seriously, how hard would it be for someone to ask around, get a general consensus about a certain player complaint, and post about it; thereby settling the player issue? Not very.

Instead, it's left to rot, creating further stink and agitating more and more people.

When your toe starts to rot, you have to worry about the condition spreading... You might lose your foot, possibly even the whole leg.

However, unlike the human body, playerbases can increase again after losing a good portion - I fear that we may be completely overlooked and ignored thanks to the bright shining possibility of decent new marketing. They'll say "Hey, look at this, we released the expansion... Ain't that grand?" and "Hey, we listened to all your complaints, we fixed a good number of 'em!"... All of which would be great but by no means makes up for the poor communication.

We, for the most part vets, are no longer a neccesity. It seems as though NC is through its hard time, the hard time we sat through and assisted with... We're no longer needed. We're the chronic whiners, we're the cheaters, the exploiters, the 1337 kiddies, the cry-babies, the immature twats; if we're ignored, we'll eventually go away, and the expansion that's being treated as a completely new game will get its new players.

I'm sick and tired of this. Tired of double standards and poorly thought out and upheld rules. Tired of the fact that KK folks put themselves in a position to be taken advantage of and are shocked when it happens. Tired of decent ideas implemented poorly; FC's? What the hell? Why don't you just get more GM's and actually use them to spawn things both NPC and eviromental to make the world more in-depth and interesting? Why don't you guys use that whole plotline and storyline that an entire section of the manual was dedicated to. Community representative? I thought that was the whole idea behind having these forums? Any person who isn't blind can browse the forums and take a look at player problems. Why do we need a person to collect all that and forward it? Are forms filled in triplicate (keep the pink copy)?

Yeah, I'll bite off another chunk of the strong brown stuff when NC2 (:rolleyes: ) comes to town. Not everyone will, and not all of those who do will stay. The only people that hurts, is the playerbase, because at that point if all goes well... KK will be flying high on economic morphine.

Chaos81
06-08-04, 06:22
I can understand where you are coming from, but we just don't know all the circumstances. They may or may not have a good reason for it all. I certainly think there is a more civilized way to make a case with KK, which in my experience tends to get a better response.

How do you respond to someone who makes some of the posts we've seen?

I work in high-level customer service and I can appreciate KK's position where you walk the edge of a knife and saying one thing or another can be widely misinterpreted.

When I was in other betas for games by Blizzard it was the EXACT same situation. You did NOT know what changes were going to be made until an actual patch came out. All you could do is make your case and back it up.

Saying KK sucks is not a valid arguement or a vehicle for change.

NeoChick
06-08-04, 07:37
Chaos that may be, but with Blizzard's WOW there are plenty of people in beta right now and you do hear tidbits. Not this glaring silence we have about NC2.
OK I have always loved Neocron. But I am at a point where I think I will just wipe this link off my computer and cancel both my accounts. There ARE other games coming out, Nc is not the beginning and end of it all.

We do not know the circumstances, fair enough, but some news are not too much to ask for by a real lot of extremely loyal players that have stuck with this game through thick and thin.

Benjie
06-08-04, 07:53
Reakktor are far too buisy with the BETA to spend time browsing the forums.

Shakari
06-08-04, 09:38
no thats like having 30 days in february 8| :rolleyes: :p

Candaman
06-08-04, 09:42
Reakktor are far too buisy with the BETA to spend time browsing the forums.

lmfao reakktor are too busy to care about the game ur are playing and its customer base to read the forums. shut up benjie

Noodle
06-08-04, 09:48
lmfao reakktor are too busy to care about the game ur are playing and its customer base to read the forums. shut up benjie

how do you know benjie is playing the same game as we are ;)

besides, having a beta doesnt mean they should cut all support for those who arent lucky enough to be playing the game benjie is.

Marx
06-08-04, 12:45
How do you respond to someone who makes some of the posts we've seen?
Carefully, or ignore it. But for every whiny post that goes on ignored, there's at least five well written and thought out queries.

I work in high-level customer service and I can appreciate KK's position where you walk the edge of a knife and saying one thing or another can be widely misinterpreted.
Still no excuse to ignore the customer base. Lets not pretend that this is a recent development, it's been happening for well over the past year. Answers were given selectively, if at all, and it seems as though everyone expected us to love them again when they released a patch... Most of which inadvertanly fucked someone over due to those great unmentioned changes or patch glitches.

Mix that with the support policies, the BS, and every other damned thing that long term players had to put up with...

When I was in other betas for games by Blizzard it was the EXACT same situation. You did NOT know what changes were going to be made until an actual patch came out. All you could do is make your case and back it up.

Saying KK sucks is not a valid arguement or a vehicle for change.
NC2 (:lol: ) isn't a patch. If they're willing to hype up buildings, apartments, and all that other grand stuff, how come they're not willing to give us straght answers immediately? I figure, if you have it all planned out... You know whats going to happen, and you can publish whats going to happen... Unless of course its something the playerbase wouldn't like; in which case you try and keep it low key until the last minute.

Saying KK sucks IS a valid argument, and it is a vehicle for change. People just might not like what it spurs the opposition to change into.

Clownst0pper
06-08-04, 12:48
edited.

Marx
06-08-04, 12:52
Im aware they are trying to organise a BETA representative to answer such questions as these and on the other threads.Why not just get a GM, dev, or mod to do it?

That raises the same flag that the whole community representative deal does. Whats the point of having this forum, where the whole point is to be able to discuss the game with a high probability of someone official viewing your greivance... If they're not going to be utilized actively? If that's the case, they might as well shut down these forums and rely on fanbased forum sites like so many other MMO's.

Clownst0pper
06-08-04, 12:54
Why not just get a GM, dev, or mod to do it?

That raises the same flag that the whole community representative deal does. Whats the point of having this forum, where the whole point is to be able to discuss the game with a high probability of someone official viewing your greivance... If they're not going to be utilized actively? If that's the case, they might as well shut down these forums and rely on fanbased forum sites like so many other MMO's.

Dude, please just be patient.

please :(

Marx
06-08-04, 12:58

please :(I've been patient. In fact, my money has been where my mouth is since release, and this game has had my attention since beta... I've been patient a long time.

Wank3r
06-08-04, 13:39
I think we should at least have some work on the 4 week thing...All those who signed for the pre-order should have had their 4 weeks till NC2 release e-mail by now, but no one has, it seems.

Candaman
06-08-04, 14:16

please :(

It's sooo funny kk don't need to publish who's in beta people just drop themselves in it they are the only ones left being positive because they've been given a scrap off the kk table

hinch
06-08-04, 14:51
take a look at SOE and the swg expansion jump to light speed.

theres request from the devs for features people wanna see.
the beta started at same time as nc bets product isnt out till october earliest.
theres already info posted on ships and race's being added as well as details descriptions of events and missions etc and full game play.
the devs do at least one interview a week about it answering questions.
theres a weekly dev/player Q&A session

also for the existing game theres several sub forums setup

in live dev/player direct interaction forums where a dev starts a thread whenever something is added live for discussion/feedback/bug reports.

in test dev/player direct interaction forums where a dev stats a thread about whats currently on test serverS and players comment etc.

in development whats currently in development along with feed back and suggestions etc.

in concept kinda like a brain port of sorts

all forums are updated at least once a week with info unlike here.
devs actively participate in communication with players.
player comments and suggestions ARE listened to

and basically the flow of information between soe/LA and players is kept upto date on a weekly basis.

todo this they employ a specific person purely as a central community liason who posts the majority of the threads and feeds directly into the devs.

KK NEED a person like this doing exactly this job and info flow from the devs needs to be ALOT more often than current
a weekly .plan file would be a nice start even if its just a couple of paragraphs about whats being worked on atm

halo 2 has teh weekly update
doom3 had the blog
hl2 has forums

and there IS info released on a weekly basis which we just arent getting and should be if for nothing more than just to keep everyone gagging for it

Chaos81
06-08-04, 15:01
SWG has a test server where they have a working model in implementation that people can use...

And that expansion was supposed to be due out last year if I remember correctly.

I don't think KK has the manpower to provide a liason.

Nidhogg
06-08-04, 15:01
That might have something to do with the fact that Sony are forecasting operating profits of $1.44 billion in 2004. Possibly?

N

Candaman
06-08-04, 15:03
That might have something to do with the fact that Sony are forecasting operating profits of $1.44 billion in 2004. Possibly?

N

i'm sure that sony have invested more into swg though u have to speculate to accumulate if u don't put much into the game or try and run it with too smaller crew ur never gonna suceed

Glorfindel
06-08-04, 15:06
Hey nidd y didnt u just answer the question from the first post instead of changing the topic?

Nidhogg
06-08-04, 15:11
Hey nidd y didnt u just answer the question from the first post instead of changing the topic?
Did you miss the part where they said that all beta testers are under an NDA? :p The flow of information will soon start back up again and there will be plenty for you all to chew on but until then I'm afraid I can't comment.

N

hinch
06-08-04, 15:12

N

that would depend on the department of soe your looking at.

i highly doubt the funding department for swg even compares to that.

however the point stands true it doesnt cost a million quid to have one person act as a direct liason and have weekly information posted

think something akin to a dev blog perhaps if you go read the bungie weekly update for halo 2 you get the idea. would basically take 10 mins of time each week from each dev/staff etc just to get a run down of what theyre doing.

hell you could even setup just a blog section on the forums and each member of staff gets their own thread where only they can post
and that can be their blog

Scikar
06-08-04, 15:12
i'm sure that sony have invested more into swg though u have to speculate to accumulate if u don't put much into the game or try and run it with too smaller crew ur never gonna suceed
If you're so quick to say KK have no chance why do you still demand that they live up to Sony's output?

Candaman
06-08-04, 15:34
If you're so quick to say KK have no chance why do you still demand that they live up to Sony's output?

because either the company expands to the game or the game shrinks to the company ur choice

coppertop
06-08-04, 17:02
Did you miss the part where they said that all beta testers are under an NDA?
N

I have a question. Where is the need for an NDA when NC2 is basically an add-on (ignore the whole 'its a NEWWWW game BS pls) to a game thats been up and running for close to 2 years now. Is it because the beta is still just as buggy as the original, or it it due to a bunch of changes that you know will piss of half the community?.

I am not saying this just to complain (allthough I do have zero faith in KK), but I have wondered about this ever since beta was announced. I just dont see why they need all this secrecy, especially when the beta is coming out just a month before the release.

:confused:

..i..DemonX
06-08-04, 17:19
I have a question. Where is the need for an NDA when NC2 is basically an add-on (ignore the whole 'its a NEWWWW game BS pls) to a game thats been up and running for close to 2 years now. Is it because the beta is still just as buggy as the original, or it it due to a bunch of changes that you know will piss of half the community?.

I am not saying this just to complain (allthough I do have zero faith in KK), but I have wondered about this ever since beta was announced. I just dont see why they need all this secrecy, especially when the beta is coming out just a month before the release.

:confused:

True and well possible i would say! I was not think over this yet but by read ur post i get a lil phear :(
But well 3 Weeks to go and still no pre order mails, still no informations and still all players play the game ... May if we all and i mean all cancel our acc for 1 month they will awake and realize that we FUCKING pay them! But i gues that wont happend.
In fact we are fooled so often by MJS and KK since we play NC and still we here .... and well we will get fooled again but we still will stay O_o

Marx
06-08-04, 18:36

N
Cost has nothing to do with courtesy.

A single person with the contact information can get the info and post it.

Nidhogg
06-08-04, 19:24
It's not a question of courtesy. We're beta testing which means that not all decisions have been made and some decisions that have been made are subject to change.

N

Candaman
06-08-04, 19:27
It's not a question of courtesy. We're beta testing which means that not all decisions have been made and some decisions that have been made are subject to change.

N

Nidd come on 26 days to full release and all decisions haven't been made don't u think this is another typical kk action or maybe i'm asking the wrong person

Marx
06-08-04, 19:32

N
Publisher, wipe concerns, improvement of CSR functions. Those don't really have much to do with the beta, and all of which are very important to the players.

If we get to buy a 'new game' to continue playing, and the service sucks... No point in sticking around. If for some odd reason, someone up top finds it to be a good idea to delete just about everything... Awesome for everyone who favors that, but alot of people would prefer to get a nice advanced notice so they can settle before leaving. Publisher? As I said before and in other threads... If it's not a decent international publisher, or if a secondary US publisher isn't secured... There really won't be many players around me, which will make me (like several others) leave until one is secured and I don't have to take "night shift" duty for the european players.

All of those questions can be answered, and I think it would be realistic to expect some sort of confimation on them 25 days before release.

I can care less about new graphics, I can care less about "new enhanced gameplay". I'm happy with the game as it is now, but if the player situation for me continues to suck, and if support is unreliable... Yeah, no point.