PDA

View Full Version : Should Cheat/Exploit accusations handled like abuses ?

Xadhoom
05-08-04, 18:22
Simple thing. Tbh, I think its an abuse to call somebody "cheater" or "exploiter" coz its just another kind of flaming or an affront. U can prove the fact that somebody is exploiting? Mail exploit@neocron.de, and leave it. Im pissed off bout tons of ppl who are screaming cheat! and exploit! coz of lags, syncs and bugs. darn.

what do u think bout it ?

btw, would be cool to know why u voted for yes or no.

Clownst0pper
05-08-04, 18:25
Simple thing. Tbh, I think its an abuse to call somebody "cheater" or "exploiter" coz its just another kind of flaming or an affront. U can prove the fact that somebody is exploiting? Mail exploit@neocron.de, and leave it. Im pissed off bout tons of ppl who are screaming cheat! and exploit! coz of lags, syncs and bugs. darn.

what do u think bout it ?

btw, would be cool to know why u voted for yes or no.

I think ignore it, who gives a fuck?

If your called a noob, exploiter, cheater, hacker, wanker, who cares?

Doesnt bother me one bit, send all the insults you want!

Of course, it may bother some people. Just add them to ignore.

ezza
05-08-04, 18:25
what you been killing people and they aint able to accept dieing again?

ya it pisses me off all the "your a exploiter" crap

onoz you were cartel you gotta be a exploiter crap, can do without that shit

rob444
05-08-04, 18:26
If they call you a cheater, then reply back and say "yes I cheated on your wife"

Lexxuk
05-08-04, 18:27
i went for, I dont care, coz, I really dont care, people aint accused me of cheatin, and i havent cheated, so its not something that can bother me

Jailbird
05-08-04, 18:31
think of it as a compliment... take screenshots if someone really good called you that and make it into a forum sig. :)

Xadhoom
05-08-04, 18:38
think of it as a compliment... take screenshots if someone really good called you that and make it into a forum sig. :)

I did. It got edited due to "Harassment" o_O . Can send the Link via pm.

Scikar
05-08-04, 18:48
1) You may not harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to another player.
Take screenies and mail the shots and your chatlog to abuse@neocron.com, see where KK will take it. Each time it happens, repeat. They aren't going to get away with it for very long.

ezza
05-08-04, 18:49
i saw the link before it was removed, how was it harresment, i mean they are the ones giving you grief O_o

Xadhoom
05-08-04, 18:52
i saw the link before it was removed, how was it harresment, i mean they are the ones giving you grief O_o

dont ask meh.

MrChumble
05-08-04, 18:52
No, because as far as I can tell exploit@neocron.com feeds directly into /dev/null

I've never had a reply, or seen any evidence that anything has been done, when e-mailing them, with evidence or without.

Some people do quite plainly exploit, and I know KK know they do because I've told them...so if they won't do anything about it I'll just make sure other people know that the person they're PvPing is an exploiter.

Xadhoom
05-08-04, 18:59
Some people do quite plainly exploit, and I know KK know they do because I've told them...so if they won't do anything about it I'll just make sure other people know that the person they're PvPing is an exploiter.

if u have proof of that, then its fine with me.. but look, Im getting spammed with exploit/cheat accusations and NO ONE was able to show just a single proof. NO ONE. I just hear stories about mystical shots which havent seen by anyone, mystical emails everyone and no one read and even more mystical proofs they arent allowed to talk about. complete bs.

Dirk_Gently
05-08-04, 19:07
Who really cares??

How the hell do you prove someone cheated anyone. Video your gaming??

If you can't handle your little string of binary being slagged off by another string of binary then you really need to get out more.

I'm sure all kk want is 400 mails a day saying "OMG than NOOB call me an XPLOITA NOOB"

gostly
05-08-04, 19:36
i voted yes but that's because i misunderstood the question, i forgot to read "Accusations"...

i agree with everyone who said who cares?...i mean really...abusive talk should be allowed too...cuz i careless what people say...stupid to get banned for something you said that someone took offense to...get over it

Nidhogg
05-08-04, 19:42
If you want to complain about comments made about you in-game then do so by emailing them to abuse@neocron.com. Under no circumstances are you permitted to post that evidence here on the forums or you will be edited for harassment as the forums are not judge, jury or executioner.

N

steweygrrr
05-08-04, 19:49
I think yes they should be handled like that but on a case by case basis. For example if it's something major like racial abuse then yes treat it the same as an exploit i.e full force they can bring. However if it's some prat whose a sore loser then maybe just a warning or some such lesser measure.

Dirk_Gently
05-08-04, 19:55
How do you prove someone is using a hack/cheat??

I was fighting a guy in PP a few months back, he went to go into the sewers and then immediately synched out of the zoneline behind me and killed me.

How do I prove that???

gostly
05-08-04, 19:58
the game is too bugged to prove someone is cheating

Xadhoom
06-08-04, 08:16

I was fighting a guy in PP a few months back, he went to go into the sewers and then immediately synched out of the zoneline behind me and killed me.

How do I prove that???

Its very, very hard to prove that. The problem arent the ppl who got proofs of exploiting ppl. Its all about ppl who cant handle with things they dont understand and start whining and screaming "cheater!" without any reason or proof. 2 Weeks ago, a CM directed me to inform me that I get "banned again in the next days". I asked him when Ive been banned and why I will get banned again.. he told me some awsome stories bout overcapped chars and drone exploits. the discussion stopped when I asked him for proofs.. he didnt had any. He just heard from somebody something like "oh, I thought abner got banned" and invented the rest. This kind of harassment pisses me off.

manderf
06-08-04, 08:47

How do I prove that???

thats called being a leet ninja.

ichinin
06-08-04, 08:51
thats called being a leet ninja.

No, that's called exploiting.

I've shown a similar exploit to Iorghe and hopefully Reakktor will do something about it.

manderf
06-08-04, 08:59
erm ya whatever, what about when people go flying straight up into the air and they can hit you but you cant hit them. I think thats much more of a problem, then some stupid zoning trick

Redburn
06-08-04, 09:14
No, because as far as I can tell exploit@neocron.com feeds directly into /dev/null

I've never had a reply, or seen any evidence that anything has been done, when e-mailing them, with evidence or without.

They do get and read the mail, I've sent some never got a reply then made a post about something which was deleted faster then is was written and was also PM'd.......Yes the email was read yes they are looking/working on in and no you won't get a reply unless more info is needed. My take on that is KK doesn't want anyone going back and telling the person "Oh your in trouble now KK just emailed me to say they're watching you for what you did"....But I say it would be better if you did get comfirmation of the email being sent, like "Thank you for your email, We will look into the matter your ticket# is #####"

Noodle
06-08-04, 09:18
theres this guy on pluto who calls everyone who kills him a cheater/exploiter. hes starting to get on my nerves now.

ichinin
06-08-04, 09:54
erm ya whatever, what about when people go flying straight up into the air and they can hit you but you cant hit them. I think thats much more of a problem, then some stupid zoning trick

That's a known bug. Someone starts drifting up in the air and hit the ceiling, but he's really standing on the ground right?

theres this guy on pluto who calls everyone who kills him a cheater/exploiter. hes starting to get on my nerves now.

Just kill him :D

Noodle
06-08-04, 09:59
Just kill him :D

I have, thats why he is getting on my nerves :D

MjukisDjur
06-08-04, 10:29
... as the forums are not judge, jury or executioner.

N

Ohh I think a whole bunch of people got this wrong :lol:

Xylaz
06-08-04, 11:37
Basically you should treat it as an harrasment, as well as if someone would call u a fagg, or a nib, or a mofo something or said some bad things about your wife.
Or if you see too much spam on the trade-nc, or too much swearing.

Its the same thing and its called harrasment. Basically, that is.

So if someone call you a cheater/exploiter you should take a screenie and send it to abuse@neocron.com - the problem is that with such attitude you wouldnt have time to play at all, you would be constantly loggin in, taking screenies, logging out, sendind e-mail, logging in... and so on.

My advice is, ignore them if u can, if u cant - report them.

From my experience it seems that most people who whines here on the forum are too lazy to take a screenie and send it via mail. People want to whine instead doing something about the problem. Exact case as with the 'nerf style' whinzorrs.
I did send few mails to abuse/exploit and all of them were addressed. People got warnings, exploits got fixed or at least officialy announced as exploits. Maybe its just my case, but it seems that sending mails is a good solution, just nobody does that (yes, it requires some effort, sending one mail isnt probably enough, but if u manage to get 2-3 screenies of a one person harrasing you/ exploiting and send them to abuse/exploit it will be taken care of, one way or another).

Drake6k
06-08-04, 14:09
I know a good number of people who admit to cheating to me and if I ever call them cheaters infront of other they go freak out on me. Fuck them :mad:

And yes I have reported everyone.

Xadhoom
06-08-04, 18:20
I know a good number of people who admit to cheating to me and if I ever call them cheaters infront of other they go freak out on me. Fuck them :mad:

And yes I have reported everyone.

without proofs, u shouldnt call them cheaters. Even if u KNOW, that they are cheating, or maybe if u had proofs in the past, if u dont hav any rite here and now, then u shouldnt call anyone cheater.