PDA

View Full Version : neocron newsletter

cRazy2003
05-08-04, 17:34
hi all,
ive been thinking, if KK dont mind i wanna try and make a monthly/weekly neocron newsletter on a mailing list optional for people to subscribe to, i know for example with beta signups some dont read the forums therefore they miss out on some features, i wanna try and make a newsletter with any latest news, the latest sales of rares or trade on different servers, competitions with ingame prizes, possibly the neocronicle headlines put in to.

so im wondering if we were to go ahead with this what would people think, would they subscribe, what would they like to see in it, and would they prefer it weekly, monthly, every 2 weeks etc.

Cubico
05-08-04, 18:42
hi all,
ive been thinking, if KK dont mind i wanna try and make a monthly/weekly neocron newsletter on a mailing list optional for people to subscribe to, i know for example with beta signups some dont read the forums therefore they miss out on some features, i wanna try and make a newsletter with any latest news, the latest sales of rares or trade on different servers, competitions with ingame prizes, possibly the neocronicle headlines put in to.

so im wondering if we were to go ahead with this what would people think, would they subscribe, what would they like to see in it, and would they prefer it weekly, monthly, every 2 weeks etc.

Most of the things like events (the calendar), black market trade and announcements are done with the forum software. So if there would be a newsletter feature available the newsletter management could be done with it, and the newsletter would be sent to all registered forum users.

Dirk_Gently
05-08-04, 19:17
hi all,

Good idea however "latest news" is gonna be a tricky one to pull off ;)

cRazy2003
05-08-04, 23:20
to what cubico said i wanna do a newsletter for forum users and non forum users, mainly for the non forum users to give them the info which they dont see by not reading the forum, and by latest news i just mean forum posts by mods and the community, sticky threads and events (if any)

Neocrons_coward
06-08-04, 00:16
Im with it no sweat.. I think its a good idea and to have a newsletter once a week in an e mail box isnt too bad,.. The things you got to take into account are:

Problems
Questions and Answers
Neocronical events planned
Brief description of what is going on into the land of neocron...
Update latest on the Dome of york patch.. (Maybe realease date)
Mayber a survey every now and then for example.. Which creature do you find most annoying?

Things like this could be sorted and configured out.. I know when i was 17 I was an editor of a site http://escapefromunderworld.tripod.com The site was based on a computer game that we had been programming and because I thought of the idea for the game but couldnt program my friend and me created tghe website and I did the updates on the site and everythig else editing the information and just giv ing a editors decision on what was happenning.. If you want to check it out feel free it should still be standing.. I havent shut it down except my mate who was the moderator took the powers from me and kicked me from the group so im no longer the moderator but hey I dont mind sometime giving you a few pointers in getting somewhere just have a read on the site and let me know.. Bear iun mind that was done when i was 17 and times have changed now that im 19

Yahantica

Neocrons_coward
06-08-04, 00:22
hi all,

Another thing mate is... To start with have it as a monthly news letter for a little while whilst all hectic thigns go on... Make things go smootrhly and gather information over the month.. E mail help and ask them to send you the latest information on this news letter.. Maybe place a part in this where runners get to express some feelings and things you know.. For example if someone wants to mention something they could mention it to you for you to give feedback to the realkktor help desk or something.. Take a little shoulder weight off them.. I will admit that running a task like this is heavy though but the trick to it is.. If you havent got alot to write about then make sure you are able to make it sound interesting... If ya get stuck then feel free to msg me in private for some help.. Im pretty good at playing with words... Just look at my signature.. I was told how annoying I am and pathetic so i play about with the words to find the ideal song to fit them into :P

Cubico
06-08-04, 08:36
to what cubico said i wanna do a newsletter for forum users and non forum users, mainly for the non forum users to give them the info which they dont see by not reading the forum, and by latest news i just mean forum posts by mods and the community, sticky threads and events (if any)

Hi,
I like to the idea to have a weekly/monthly newsletter.

There are already some resources which gather news:
- The official forum here (you say you want to make news for non-forum users. Ok, but if customers would be forced to register here they would be in the email list, even if they dont visit the forum)
- Other websites like neocronnetwork.de. You could ask them if its possible to have english speaking news on their website too and then write these news. Next step then is to create the newsletter.

I was doing newsletters for some time.
We had a website and wanted to offer a service for people who dont visit it regurarily. So we started to write newsletters but we soon noticed that we do a) double work (similar articles on both the website and in the newsletter) and b) have double content (news on the website and in the newsletter archive).
Why do you want to have all the effort again and not use already existing infrastructure? You will soon notice that this is not very efficient. Is there a need to get into competition with official or non-official resources?

A newsletter that is based on a website would also you to post links or teasers instead of full articles and embedd images into it.
Also, I think its not easy to get hands on the players' emails. I am not sure if KK would help you here. If they dont, you need to collect them by yourself. And at the end you would reach less players than people who are reading the forums.