PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] Weapons to take down Airborne Vehicles

garyu69
05-08-04, 14:59
With the gliders coming in the only weapon that is designed to take them down is the Rocket Launcher designed for that.

I think we should also have SAM vehicles and turrets introduced with DoY.

Yay or Nay

Noodle
05-08-04, 15:08
well, i dont know if the rocket launcher you mean is the anti aircraft launcher, which is pretty effective. but yay.

cRazy2003
well i think it has to be implemented at some point to balance the game out between vehicles.

landofcake
I'm down with that .... i think it's a cool idea.

But gliders should be able to protect themselves, perhaps by using decoys or something ?

garyu69
05-08-04, 15:10
Thats the one, couldn't remember the name.

Plus with Reqs like H-C=111 STR=93 T-C=80 it really means you will need to be or have a Tank there.

ezza
05-08-04, 15:11
imo the HC tank should be the only one to get a person item that can take down the flying things

however there should be some anti air vehicles, tho perhaps they are on the way with DOY.

remember atm the tank is also the only class to get a anti vehicle specific weapon.

not every class can do every thing, like antibuff for example, you need a monk to take a ppu like that.

you need a tank to take on a glider.

if everyone was able to take them down, noone would use them.

and it gives certain classes things to do in battles

Archeus
05-08-04, 15:13
I'm down with that .... i think it's a cool idea.

But gliders should be able to protect themselves, perhaps by using decoys or something ?

Flares or ECM droppers which you put in your quickbelt. That way you can have two types of attacks on the crafts.

Add to that maybe different kinds of missiles. Like something that freezes in mid-air, or reverses the controls, or causes the craft to land rather then crash.

garyu69
05-08-04, 15:22
remember atm the tank is also the only class to get a anti vehicle specific weapon.A PE has access to the Anti Vehicle Launchers at present if H-C, well the one below the top which is H-C=95 STR=64, they would have to drug up for the top one H-C=109 STR=89.

ezza
05-08-04, 15:24
A PE has access to the Anti Vehicle Launchers at present if H-C, well the one below the top which is H-C=95 STR=64, they would have to drug up for the top one H-C=109 STR=89.
yes but its still a tank weapon regardless of if a pe can use it

Mumblyfish
05-08-04, 15:31
I think this really isn't a needed addition - the flying vehicles are weak as hell, and lord knows vehicle users need a little more candy. The best ways to take down an aircraft at current are numerous, the best being another aircraft. A tailgunned advanced scout glider could tear through anything in it's airspace. After that, an anti-aircraft launcher will send one plummeting instantly. Then it's merely a matter of shooting the driver - drones or rifles will get them easily. Or just shoot at the glider itself, it's really not got that much armour.

If all else fails, just try to make it crash. Really, really easy :p

ezza
05-08-04, 15:32
I think this really isn't a needed addition - the flying vehicles are weak as hell, and lord knows vehicle users need a little more candy. The best ways to take down an aircraft at current are numerous, the best being another aircraft. A tailgunned advanced scout glider could tear through anything in it's airspace. After that, an anti-aircraft launcher will send one plummeting instantly. Then it's merely a matter of shooting the driver - drones or rifles will get them easily. Or just shoot at the glider itself, it's really not got that much armour.

If all else fails, just try to make it crash. Really, really easy :p
but what about the bomber that was in the DoY video?

Mumblyfish
05-08-04, 15:37
The best thing to use against a bomber is other aircraft or the AA launcher. I think it kinda does deserve to be that tough to fight, at least. Considering it contains a supergimped spy/PE, a bomber, and a gunner. And then possibly a shit-ton of passengers. And on top of that it probably cost hundreds of K to produce. If it could be downed by everyone then I think it'd be pretty embarrasing.

ezza
05-08-04, 15:49
The best thing to use against a bomber is other aircraft or the AA launcher. I think it kinda does deserve to be that tough to fight, at least. Considering it contains a supergimped spy/PE, a bomber, and a gunner. And then possibly a shit-ton of passengers. And on top of that it probably cost hundreds of K to produce. If it could be downed by everyone then I think it'd be pretty embarrasing.
hope they sort zone crashes out, i can see mases of people dropping from the sky :lol:

CarniFlex
05-08-04, 16:14
wont the regular gat turrets fire on hte gliders anyway making pure aa turrets kinda useless ?

Xadhoom
05-08-04, 16:22
gat turrets are pure ownage against drones, I guess they will take down the aircrafts too

Clive tombstone
05-08-04, 17:15
well, the only problem is with bombers is though, there general tactics involvs strafing runs, and, in case of bombing an OP, and the placements of the AA Boyz, the Bombers chances of survival are still pretty good

Mumblyfish
05-08-04, 17:26
well, the only problem is with bombers is though, there general tactics involvs strafing runs, and, in case of bombing an OP, and the placements of the AA Boyz, the Bombers chances of survival are still pretty good
Get a scout glider to take it out, then.

greendonkeyuk
05-08-04, 18:12
Dont the gliders have air to air missiles or some sort of combat. I mean surely they should implement that stuff. Dogfights above the op and stuff. Sounds like a lotta fun to me. Id prefer tanks (and hc pes) just to have the option of the anti aircraft weapons.

steweygrrr
05-08-04, 19:52
Gats. All you need. Insane range and they can fire upwards at an 80 degree angle. They can blat you in the run in and the flyover.

Jest
05-08-04, 19:55
imo the HC tank should be the only one to get a person item that can take down the flying thingsI agree that a tank should be the only class to have anti-air hand weapons, but I think anti air vehicles and turrets would be awesome.

Mumblyfish
05-08-04, 19:59
Dont the gliders have air to air missiles or some sort of combat. I mean surely they should implement that stuff. Dogfights above the op and stuff. Sounds like a lotta fun to me. Id prefer tanks (and hc pes) just to have the option of the anti aircraft weapons.
Tanks, spies and PEs all have good options for anti-air. The tanks have AA launchers, and the spies and PEs can gun other gliders. The gliders are the best for AA though, without a doubt. And at the speeds they go at dogfights could be crazy fun. Apart from the most basic one, all gliders have either a front or a back gunner. The best choice for AA support is the Advanced Assault Glider with both a rear and a front gunner. Nothing in the air stands a chance.

ezza
06-08-04, 01:07
I agree that a tank should be the only class to have anti-air hand weapons, but I think anti air vehicles and turrets would be awesome.
ya thats kinda what i wanted to say but you said it better