PDA

View Full Version : Clarifaction on "Bumping" old posts

Drexel
05-08-04, 09:11
Just reading a closed thread that was closed with 'dont bump old threads' message on it, the last responce was 5 days before.

Now, some people only read these forums weekly, coz thay cant stand the bleakness of the community 7 days a week.

However I know if they had of started a new thread to ask a question that wasent answered in the origianal thread, that would have been closed with 'dont start new threads on "old" topics', this has happened to me several times before.

Truth is just coz somethings 5 days old does not mean the topic is dead and should never see daylight again.

so...

Whats the correct course of action ?

We do a search on a topic, it gives us a new question, do we ,
-ask on old thread (whats the maximum days a thread is considered closed, even if the topic is relevent, I think a week is good to allow for a once a week check in for the non-trolls)
-or create a new thread only to have it closed as old topic (without our question or concerns raised, -this does happen, dont say it dosent!)

This has been bugging me for a while, the nature of the game meens theirs is always newbs seeking information (hopefully), & sometimes their expected to know as much as us oldtimers but not ask questions.

Vithar
05-08-04, 09:54
Here is what is said about "bumping" in the Forum Rules (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NeoContent&file=index&pageID=27#forumrules):

Do not bump up topics that are not on the first page of the forum unless you have new and substantive information to include.
Also, if you have questions regarding the moderation of the boards, please send a PM to Nidhogg or Odin.

Thread closed.

V