PDA

View Full Version : Is the Forum more fun than the game??

Dirk_Gently
05-08-04, 04:52
Is the Forum more fun than the game??

Simple question

I reckon Yes at the moment it is.

sanityislost
05-08-04, 04:54
at times it can be....

SiL ..:..

Tomalak
05-08-04, 05:02
lol
sure is a lot of polls lately..
if you're Saturn player, or Uranus from what I hear, you spend more time on the forum than in-game, 'cause the game doesn't work..
I enjoy the forum's though..you see the minds behind the players..You can almost SEE the real person behind the player..fucked up

ichinin
05-08-04, 09:00
Well, when i "played" Project Entropia, i spent 80% in the IRC chat and 20% in the game, mainly because the servers were down alot. But more to the point, it was more fun than the game which didnt have any form of content, bar the occational robot attack on a city. So, yes - the forum/chat's CAN be more intresting than the actual game.

TheGreatMilenko
05-08-04, 09:02
hell ya but people havent been posting fun stuff for awhile its been all bitching :mad: :(

Noodle
05-08-04, 09:04
hell ya but people havent been posting fun stuff for awhile its been all bitching :mad: :(

and spam :rolleyes: :lol:

TheGreatMilenko
05-08-04, 09:09
and spam :rolleyes: :lol:

[ edited ]

Noodle
05-08-04, 09:21
no sir, that is spam.

and i guess this is too o_O

Vid Gamer
05-08-04, 09:24
If you could PK people and have OP wars on the forums then I would say yes, but uh... no.

Shadow Dancer
05-08-04, 09:32
Well, the forums have a more active population than pluto........

Benjie
05-08-04, 09:41
Neocron > forums.
It's just I've played the game for so long...

[ edited ]
That picture is horrible, and old.

Poor kid.

Vid Gamer
05-08-04, 09:41
Join 14K and it will be more fun, SD. :p

[TgR]KILLER
05-08-04, 11:46
yeap. damn right it is.. yesterday i was in nc.. standing on my table.. talking to 2 people. and every 5 seconds i just alt tapped to the forum.. tho there wasn't a new post for like 5 min so couldn't post on anything :(

ezza
05-08-04, 12:08
nah forums is mostly boring, i post here during the day while at work.

once im on my home computer i dont come to forum untill ivehad good sessions of neocron, then i pop on for about 10mins before i head to bed.

forums aint been fun for long time, to much negativity on the forums mostly to be fun

garyu69
05-08-04, 12:16
I'm the same as ezza, only really post here when i am at work to pass time. Get home and then i am straight on Neocron.

Genty
05-08-04, 12:45
Depends, if you enjoy hanging out at your local retard bar in your spare time then I can see why it would be fun on the forums. However, as I don't I just find it frustraiting most of the time as the majority of the people around these days piss me off in one way or another.

EDIT:

Join 14K and it will be more fun, SD. :p

WTF? 14k Triads back??

ezza
05-08-04, 12:57
WTF? 14k Triads back??
from what i read in another thread it aint THE 14k triads, thou i think one of the original members of said clan is back in game

Genty
05-08-04, 13:06
from what i read in another thread it aint THE 14k triads, thou i think one of the original members of said clan is back in game

And they are crahn? ffs, if people use old clan names the least they could do is stick with the correct faction. Same shit happened with NAT.

ezza
05-08-04, 13:10
i find it strange that someone would use old clan name, i mean i would never think of starting a clan called New Dawn or Blood Brothers or whatever.

edit: for interest, Konrad McKenzie is the guy who has returned from original 14k

Marx
05-08-04, 18:15
When there's something interesting going on. Earlier on, it was a clear cut yes; as there was tons of forum drama. Seperate camps, drastically different and harshly defended viewpoints, and more lax moderation, now a days, the forum users are more laid back, most of the extremely vocal people are gone, and the forums are pretty much only for game info.

ezza
05-08-04, 18:23
When there's something interesting going on. Earlier on, it was a clear cut yes; as there was tons of forum drama. Seperate camps, drastically different and harshly defended viewpoints, and more lax moderation, now a days, the forum users are more laid back, most of the extremely vocal people are gone, and the forums are pretty much only for game info.
gone or banned for the most part

Lexxuk
05-08-04, 18:24
yeah man, forums are fun :p

only time I get a fre on the forum is when i use mozilla :D :angel:

ezza
05-08-04, 18:28
tbh if the forums were better than the game id be playing another game

MrChumble
05-08-04, 18:31
I like to interact with people when I'm online, and right now the forum has more people on it than Pluto does :D

So for now I've set up my tent on the forum and will be camping here until BDoY.

Dunno about you guys, but when the server pops are up I'll be using the servers a lot more. Also there will be (please please please) lots of new people around so the forums should get a bit less cosy. Right now I think we could all name the most regular forum users off the tops of our heads, and if we missed the forums for a week would we actually miss any threads with subjects not discussed to death?

Marshmallow anyone?

El_MUERkO
05-08-04, 18:33
I havent played properly in months but I still come here for my daily dose of NC, its like a bad soup opera :)

Vid Gamer
05-08-04, 21:33
WTF? 14k Triads back??

14K is basically just everyone active from DarK and then a few new members coming in (me) to boot. Still Crahn, so it's really like DarK V.2 :D

PS: How the hell do I have like 3,300 posts... o_O

ezza
06-08-04, 00:54
cos you have been spamming for 2 years perhaps

Dru Blood
06-08-04, 01:00
yep, it is, there is more of a resistance on the forums.

Neocrons_coward
06-08-04, 03:57
well it was before i got banned for one week... yet again i did use aloty of F C AND B to a mod so i kinda deserved it :P but i cant help being a piss taker hehe its natural for me

gostly
06-08-04, 04:08
the forums are the only thing i look at dealing with neocron so nc forums > nc itself...funny to say that but the community is what makes neocron