PDA

View Full Version : [Saturn] Lag spikes every 10 sec

Darken
05-08-04, 04:42
Could something be done plz ?
Me and my friends are getting Lag spikes almost every 10 sec.
Cant move everything disappears and comes back after some sec.
And weve already did 2 times because of the lag.

whifix
05-08-04, 09:20
Ahh glorious Saturn.

MjukisDjur
05-08-04, 09:21
Even Venus have this crap. Generall screwup somewhere?

Harch
05-08-04, 10:24
try a mother fucking op war with 20vs 20 (about) with about 5 tanks with devourer spraying and making lag..wud be like... u wud be shooting... *stands still* SMACK... and u have a bruise on ur back

Crest
05-08-04, 10:49
Or MC5 on Uranus ....

Since Uranus Piigy Backs with Jupiter , I expect that Jupiter to be running slow... And since this is the case , I suspect all the server being very laggy, this has been every night since monday .....

hmmm Something not good somewhere

Original monk
05-08-04, 12:34
Or MC5 on Uranus ....

Since Uranus Piigy Backs with Jupiter , I expect that Jupiter to be running slow... And since this is the case , I suspect all the server being very laggy, this has been every night since monday .....

hmmm Something not good somewhere

my favourite time to go MC5ing is on a sundaymorning to afternoon :)

cause theres no-one stupid enough to go mc5ing then and ya have the place all by yourself :)

the commanders arent the ones that provide a challenge :) -> its the synches, crashes, lagspikes etc etc that do :)

Crest
05-08-04, 12:58
I have died once due to Commander / SO hitting me un buffed, 3 times to PKing and a whole heap of times to Fatals when zonning (even now I run zone fully buffed with heal running just to buy me a few seconds while I fatal), or long syncs .....

I even zonned as a monk and saw my self dead as a tank , and it was a quick zone ....

But of all that , its the lag .... load a gun, wait and then get a shot off (if you are lucky)

Does KK have an idea of what is the cause, or is it not lag but some sort of feature ?

MISS WHIP
05-08-04, 16:25
There is a simple answer to the question on "EXTRA" lag seen on all servers in the last week.

existing 4 servers = spare parts for NC2 server beta testing

Ever since the beta testing started the lag has being a nightmare on all the servers.
I mean they had to get parts from somewhere to make up a beta test server. :lol: :lol:

Scikar
05-08-04, 16:33
Beta cluster is brand new hardware. Doesn't it say in the announcements somewhere that Saturn's hardware atm is faulty and they're waiting for the replacement parts to arrive?

Lareolan
05-08-04, 19:26
Beta cluster is brand new hardware. Doesn't it say in the announcements somewhere that Saturn's hardware atm is faulty and they're waiting for the replacement parts to arrive?

I'd buy that story if this wasn't KK and if other servers weren't lagging... It's not new for KK to lie right to our faces. It's a distinct possibility that no new hardware is being used for the DoY beta test and the "faulty" hardware was just scavanged for the beta servers. You've been here a long time, please don't tell me you STILL believe everything Thanatos tells you?

Scikar
05-08-04, 19:55
I'd buy that story if this wasn't KK and if other servers weren't lagging... It's not new for KK to lie right to our faces. It's a distinct possibility that no new hardware is being used for the DoY beta test and the "faulty" hardware was just scavanged for the beta servers. You've been here a long time, please don't tell me you STILL believe everything Thanatos tells you?
I take anything I hear on these forums with a pinch of salt, but I've seen little reason not to believe what the devs had said. The only thing they ever seem to get wrong is deadlines. If you're going to start arguing that Thanatos is lying then we might as well end this right now, because whatever I say to KK's defence you'll pass off as lies on their part.

Lareolan
05-08-04, 20:21
I take anything I hear on these forums with a pinch of salt, but I've seen little reason not to believe what the devs had said. The only thing they ever seem to get wrong is deadlines. If you're going to start arguing that Thanatos is lying then we might as well end this right now, because whatever I say to KK's defence you'll pass off as lies on their part.

Sorry but it still greatly pisses me off that DoY was supposed to be a free addon to the game. For well over a year KK took our money and when we asked why aren't we getting the service we pay for, they said "Just be patient, we don't have many resources and are working hard on DoY which will kick ass". Now they say "thank you for your money, suckers, now if you want DoY you'll have to pay for it". Not in those words perhaps, but CURRENT game running smoothly and developing with the promises of a free addon to the game. Then they tell us to pay an additional cost on top of what we have already paid. I find that kind of business practice poor at best. It's unacceptable behavior.

Let me give you a different example...
Company A has decided to make a game. They go to Publisher B and say we need money for the development of this really cool game that will be well worth your while. B agrees, thinking they really will get their investment back and give A the cash they ask for. Now that A has completed the game, they go back to B and say, well, we have the game now, but you know what? We want double the money right now or we're going to another publisher with our game.

Not much difference from what happened here, is there? Except that in the corporate world, MJS would now be selling his last pair of underwear to cover the money he'd lose in a law suit B would bring down on them. But in our case, the fanboys just take it all and beg for more... I think the community is full of people with no concept of what money or service is :(

Tell me I am wrong... (Off to work now to earn the money to pay for my subscription, I hate being an addict)