PDA

View Full Version : Emulated Emulation

Lexxuk
04-08-04, 16:43
Just tried something to see how funny it would be if it worked, and it naturally did, and to me its pretty funny...

http://www.dgwebb.force9.co.uk/snapshot2.jpg

its Linux running a Windows Programme which is in turn Emulating a Snes programme :D its funneh

free cookie to who can tell me what the game is :p

Endar
04-08-04, 16:48
I prolly could but cant see the image :( I want that cookie... BTW is it a chocolate cookie or just a normal one?

rob444
04-08-04, 16:49
Download Virtual PC for windows and install windows on the emulated PC, then you install virtual PC on that one and install windows on that one too, then you install virtual PC etc. I wonder how far I can go :P

Lexxuk
04-08-04, 16:49
its a chocolate chip cookie with hazlenuts made by Maryland coz they make the best choc chip n hazelnut cookies :D

Endar
04-08-04, 16:50
Aint that the Secret of Evermore? (or something like that cant remember the exact name..)

Richard Slade
04-08-04, 16:52
My only question is: Why is it rainbowy and all shiny and shit?
You a damn heppeh?!

Endar
04-08-04, 16:52
Yes it is :D Now when im going to get my chocolate chip cookie with hazlenuts? :)

Lexxuk
04-08-04, 16:53
ohh, so far so good...

http://www.dgwebb.force9.co.uk/snapshot3.jpg

WebShock
04-08-04, 17:04
WOW!!!

if you manage to install and run NC on that linux box WRITE A TUTORIAL!!!

im a wingeek who is ready to move into the linux world.

only game i really play these days is NC so it would be awesome to run wingames on a more secure box.

Tell us if you still have FRE's!!!

FPS???? tell us the whole scoop

Endar
04-08-04, 17:17
But you promised... I want my cookie... :(

Ascension
04-08-04, 17:44
talking of emulators anyone know if any PS 2 emulators excist :confused:

trigger hurt
04-08-04, 17:45
Lexx,

Are you running CrossOver Office, Wine or Vmware for linux? I tried getting NC to work on CrossOver Office and it crapped out on me...

Mumblyfish
04-08-04, 17:49
talking of emulators anyone know if any PS 2 emulators excist :confused:
I doubt they do, and if they did they'd probably struggle to render a box at above one frame a second. Just buy the console, you stingy bugger.

hinch
04-08-04, 17:57
nc installs fine but doesnt run under linux :)

as for the game its zelda
running via wine via mandrake 8 oO

check out winex perhaps your best chance of getting nc running under linux as its specifically aimed at running windows games under linux as opposed to normal wine which is aimed more at generic usage.

Lexxuk
04-08-04, 17:58
nc installs fine but doesnt run under linux :)

running via wine via mandrake 8 oO

check out winex perhaps your best chance of getting nc running under linux as its specifically aimed at running windows games under linux as opposed to normal wine which is aimed more at generic usage.

the game is secret of evermore
running via wine and mandrake 10.0 :p

currently installing IE6 onto Wine to see if I can get client to boot

Mumblyfish
04-08-04, 18:00
The fuck kind of Zelda did you play? 8|

Ascension
04-08-04, 18:03
I doubt they do, and if they did they'd probably struggle to render a box at above one frame a second. Just buy the console, you stingy bugger.

I have the Console but no room for a TV so i wanted to play the games on my PC :(

Lexxuk
04-08-04, 18:07
Currently I'm upto running wine ./NeocronLauncher.exe but it bugs out with..

[root@localhost Neocron]# wine ./NeocronLauncher.exe
err:shdocvw:SHDOCVW_TryLoadMozillaControl Can't load the Mozilla ActiveX control
fixme:shdocvw:WBPCI2_GetGUID stub: dwGuidKind = 1, pGUID = {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
fixme:shdocvw:WBPCI2_GetGUID Wrongly returning IPropertyNotifySink interface {9bfbbc02-eff1-101a-84ed-00aa00341d07}
fixme:shdocvw:WBQA_QuickActivate stub: QACONTAINER = 0x406ff518, QACONTROL = 0x406ff558
fixme:shdocvw:WBPSI_Load stub: LPSTORAGE = 0x406ff5ec
fixme:shdocvw:WBCP_Advise stub: IUnknown = 0x457919d8, connection cookie = 0
fixme:shdocvw:WBOOBJ_SetExtent stub: (0x459c98e0, 1, (16986 x 13732))
fixme:shdocvw:WBOOBJ_DoVerb : stub iVerb = -5
fixme:shdocvw:WBOOBJ_DoVerb stub for OLEIVERB_INPLACEACTIVATE
fixme:shdocvw:WBOOBJ_DoVerb : stub iVerb = -3
fixme:shdocvw:WBOOBJ_DoVerb stub for OLEIVERB_HIDE
fixme:shdocvw:WBOIPO_SetObjectRects stub PosRect = 0x45791930, ClipRect = 0x45791930
fixme:shdocvw:WBOC_GetControlInfo stub: LPCONTROLINFO = 0x45791978
fixme:shdocvw:WBOIPO_GetWindow stub HWND* = 0x406ff624
fixme:shdocvw:WBOC_FreezeEvents stub: bFreeze = 1
fixme:shdocvw:WBCP_Unadvise stub: cookie to disconnect = 45791950
fixme:shdocvw:WBCP_Unadvise stub: cookie to disconnect = 45791900
fixme:shdocvw:WBCP_Unadvise stub: cookie to disconnect = 1
fixme:shdocvw:WBOIPO_InPlaceDeactivate stub
fixme:shdocvw:WBOOBJ_SetClientSite stub: (0x459c98e0, (nil))
fixme:shdocvw:WBOOBJ_Close stub: ()
fixme:shdocvw:SHDOCVW_DllCanUnloadNow (void): stub
fixme:shdocvw:SHDOCVW_DllCanUnloadNow (void): stub
[root@localhost Neocron]#

Just gotta get activex for mozilla now O_o

Mumblyfish
04-08-04, 18:11
I have the Console but no room for a TV so i wanted to play the games on my PC :(
In that case there should be some kind of VGA converter you can buy for the PS2, it should let you just link a PS2 directly to a monitor. I have one for my GameCube, though I rarely use it, and can't remember scratch about it (got it like a year and a half ago).

ichinin
04-08-04, 18:28
C64 emulator in Amiga emulator on PC... Enough said.

Lexxuk
04-08-04, 18:40
I dunno, running wine nlsp.exe doesnt crash out, but it doesnt bring up the launcher either, whilst runing NeocronLauncher.exe crashes out :-/

ichinin
04-08-04, 19:28
I dunno, running wine nlsp.exe doesnt crash out, but it doesnt bring up the launcher either, whilst runing NeocronLauncher.exe crashes out :-/

Try launching Client.exe.. what happens?

hinch
05-08-04, 10:15
The fuck kind of Zelda did you play? 8|

the very first one from about 12 years ago oO was indeed the same as above screenshot :) dont worry your too young to remember

Noodle
05-08-04, 10:16
hehe lexx's name is david :p

Mumblyfish
05-08-04, 10:22
the very first one from about 12 years ago oO was indeed the same as above screenshot :) dont worry your too young to remember
I certainly don't remember The Legend of Zelda: Secret of Evermore... i r teh dum zeldar fanboi...

Judge
05-08-04, 10:33
There have been many attempts to get NC to run under Linux.... none of which has succeeded afaik. Thinking about getting into Linux pretty soon (I bought a "Linux for Dummies" book and everything :p) and it would be cool to be able to play NC2 on it..... *hint hint KK*

Hippieman
05-08-04, 10:36
The closest someone got was to the login screen but they couldn't type their login details or anything. Don't remember how they did it since this was about a year ago or so.

hinch
05-08-04, 11:53
i got as far as logging in but when login details were submitted it just hung the terminal.

so im assuming its sloppy net code as it hangs when trying to do network stuff :)

hint fix the net code

@Mumblyfish look at the main char there :) and look at the old link chars from the first zelda then do you see the similarities? if your really struggling go look at the gba versions of zelda oO

Mumblyfish
05-08-04, 12:20
@Mumblyfish look at the main char there :) and look at the old link chars from the first zelda then do you see the similarities? if your really struggling go look at the gba versions of zelda oO
You mean Tubby McFatgreenpieceofshit there? I refuse to believe that such a monstrosity could be connected to the sex demon that is Link! REFUSE!

Noodle
05-08-04, 12:26
give up hinch, ive played all the zelda games, and neither link or the hud looks like that in any of em.

Mumblyfish
05-08-04, 12:37
give up hinch, ive played all the zelda games, and neither link or the hud looks like that in any of em.
He's only joking. He's just saying that Captain Lardo "OH SHIT MY ARSE TAKES UP THE WHOLE SCREEN" McTubbington looks a bit like Link. Which he doesn't. At all.

Noodle
05-08-04, 12:37
He's only joking. He's just saying that Captain Lardo "OH SHIT MY ARSE TAKES UP THE WHOLE SCREEN" McTubbington looks a bit like Link. Which he doesn't. At all.

does someone have a crush on link? :angel:

Mumblyfish
05-08-04, 12:40
does someone have a crush on link? :angel:
http://www.zeldaguide.com/zeldae32004/zeldae32004-2b.jpg

Who the hell doesn't? I mean, I'd hit it. In da butt.

Noodle
05-08-04, 12:41
Who the hell doesn't? I mean, I'd hit it. In da butt.

Yeah. because he looks like a girl

*runs*

SpawnTDK
05-08-04, 12:45
what kind of hardwaremonitor is that right side ? looks funny

hinch
05-08-04, 14:24
http://www.rpgforever.com/files/rm2k/chara/zelda.png o_O

Noodle
05-08-04, 14:29
there is no resemblence at all except the green clothes o_O

SilentEye
05-08-04, 14:37
I AM TEH LINK ANIMATION IMAGE! I SHINE!

hinch
put your glasses on look again the only difference is the one in lexxy's screenie has a different colour sash appart from that they ARE the same sprites in both games :) not a case of they look similar they litterally ARE the same ones

Vampire222
and the gold hair, and the leather boots, and the green suit...

Noodle
05-08-04, 14:38
uh hinch, if u look at that u posted, look at the head vs body ratio, then look at the one in lexx pic, then compare the feet.

it is NOT the same one.

Possessed
05-08-04, 14:44
what kind of hardwaremonitor is that right side ? looks funny
That's samurize www.samurize.com.

You can do all sorts of cool stuff with this (and there are a lot fo premade ones ready for d/l).

SpawnTDK
05-08-04, 14:56
ah thx, but u sure ?
or is there a linux release too ? only found that wingay binaries

Chaos81
05-08-04, 15:19
The guy in green clothes in the picture is an old man...he is BALD.

That IS Secret of Evermore because you can see the stamina bars for the kid and his dog...

Gevrik Halfdead
05-08-04, 15:34
client.exe will run under winex3.1+ but you will need to patch in your VMwared windows and then copy the files over to your linux installation.

Can't get the patcher to work under winex, only client.exe, did that about over a year ago, before I dumped linux from my machine. It's the best solution for web based server applications, for desktop and entertainment applications, and even development (also of the applications that will later run on the linux server), windows is unbeatable.

hinch
05-08-04, 16:05
suppose if your dual booting you can mount your windows partition and tell wine(x) that it can find the windows libs etc in /mnt/windowz/winnt/ or whever you mounted it

evs
05-08-04, 16:57
http://perso.club-internet.fr/cookiz/evermore.gif

Link in Zelda

http://www.httpcity.com/ronq/dwnld/rom/picts/nes-zelda.gif

Secret of evermore

Or i could have gotten those mixed up? :D

Lexxuk
05-08-04, 17:33
typical, i spend a day out and miss all the fun :p

Ok, questions, gah, umm, Client.exe brings up "use the Neocron Launcher shortcut" so cant use direct wine Client.exe which is a shame

The hardware monitor is Super Karumba which is pretty nifty

http://netdragon.sourceforge.net/ it does lots of stuff, but i cant get the email part to work.

Noodle
05-08-04, 17:34
they are mixed up. if u look at the menus and everything u clearly see that the one with hearts representing hp is zelda.

evs
05-08-04, 17:36
they are mixed up. if u look at the menus and everything u clearly see that the one with hearts representing hp is zelda.

Ah noodle - it was a sarcastic joke mate - a bit of fun hence the ':D' smiley - based on the fact that hinch said they are so similar

I know which is which :lol:

Noodle
05-08-04, 17:36
Ah noodle - it was a sarcastic joke mate - a bit of fun hence the ':D' smiley hehehe

I know which is which :lol:

LIES!"!!!11

evs
05-08-04, 17:37
LIES!"!!!11

heheh you even quoted before i finished my edit lol :D

Gevrik Halfdead
05-08-04, 22:29
Like I said, you can start Neocron via client.exe with WineX but it has to be fully patched, we did it just a year ago, it's a bit annoying to have to patch in a windows vm but oh well.

I dunno why someone would want to play games on Linux anyway, to each their own. ;)

Plight
05-08-04, 23:47
When i first modded my xbox i wondered if I could get it to run on it, mwahahahhaa. So i got a xbox linux distro, got wine running, then tried to run nc from within wine.... AND IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!! thought the resolution is shitty........

then i woke up, and realized i dont even know jack shit about linux :(
And the fact the xbox has a 733mhz processor and 64 megs of ram doesnt help much either :lol: Can you imagine trying to emulate within emulation that much on those specs? omg! The friggin thing would explode! Or at least smoke a little.....

I guess ill just have to settle with my sega master system, nes, snes, mame, fba, and n64 emulators on my xbox :D
Maybe xbox next (or wtf its gonna be called) will be able to handle nc, hehe