View Full Version : Idea for a Event

Candaman
04-08-04, 14:26
Ok was just watching G.0.D.'s pvp vid 2 where it show's lupus fighting in the TH cores and i was thinking. We have all these GM's and Dev's who must think they are really good. I want them to prove it.

This is a Big boom event to celebrate the end of NC1 for me i would like it on pluto but if others ran it on other servers that could work.

A Gm vs Player PVP Tourny. I Cba to to email all gm's and dev's seperately so all u gm's and dev's that have the big brass ones to challenge the pvp'ers on pluto make a post here.

What do u think?

garyu69
04-08-04, 14:29
Hell yeah.
Lets do it.

cRazy2003
04-08-04, 14:30
haha that would own, im all up for it.
but wouldnt it be difficult with the GMS con points and capped stats etc? (not sure if all there stats are capped)

ezza
04-08-04, 14:31
ya sure who knows maybe with all the Gms and devs on pluto it might make the servers population look respectable

ezza
04-08-04, 14:32
haha that would own, im all up for it.
but wouldnt it be difficult with the GMS con points and capped stats etc? (not sure if all there stats are capped)
they have 255 in all stats iirc

cRazy2003
04-08-04, 14:33
they have 255 in all stats iirc

handicapped matches :p

Candaman
04-08-04, 14:34
handicapped matches :p

gm's can't heal would be pretty good

cRazy2003
04-08-04, 14:39
gm's can't heal would be pretty good

problem is thought 255 in all stats is just about double what any normal player has, 255 in body health, 255 in all the con stats, it would be next to impossible unless the gm/dev had shit aim :p

Garg [RogueNET]
04-08-04, 14:41
its not immpossible, ive almost killed a GM in a duel he whooped my ass many times but i was just rank /54 by then^^

Candaman
04-08-04, 14:42
problem is thought 255 in all stats is just about double what any normal player has, 255 in body health, 255 in all the con stats, it would be next to impossible unless the gm/dev had shit aim :p

if u can heal and they can't then it would be fair and the can only use class wise buffs ie tl25 shelt if using pe or spy weaps and they have to stick to one weap not switch para cs and hl lol

ezza
04-08-04, 14:44
they would all go hybrid monks, with 255 in all skills who wouldnt lol

cRazy2003
04-08-04, 14:44
if u can heal and they can't then it would be fair and the can only use class wise buffs ie tl25 shelt if using pe or spy weaps and they have to stick to one weap not switch para cs and hl lol

i did that with snowcrash once with my spy, was in NF, he was fighting me with a CS, then he pulled out a HL and killed meh :/

and then i faced a tank next round while snowcrash ppu'd me :p

hinch
04-08-04, 15:11
if cannings ppu's me ill fight any gm's in any amount of them :)

10vs2 ill take those ods and 1 mil on me and cannings winning

[TgR]KILLER
04-08-04, 15:15

not when they masterd the art of noob buffing :p

Candaman
04-08-04, 15:19
KILLER']not when they masterd the art of noob buffing :p

Part of the game my friend and kk can't complain as they put it into the game

hinch
04-08-04, 15:26
they can nub buff me all they like i trust cannings will do his job correctly :)

besides they'll only hab me so they can kill me at which point can can rebuff properly :)

Ghanima
04-08-04, 15:26
Thats a great idea. All the Gm's vs players grand goodbye to NC1. Although I fear Pluto players may be outnumbered by the GM's. ;)

Ghanima :angel:

[TgR]KILLER
04-08-04, 15:27
Part of the game my friend and kk can't complain as they put it into the game

no dear cannings.. i ment if KK masterd the skill of noob buffing :)

btw. offtopic.. just watched that movie i think draken made.. when a ppu and tank were fighting you and somebody.. and you noobbuffed and killed them :p maybe lame.. but its ub3r when you can master that so good.. 1 debuffs 1 buffs and so fast lol..

Possessed
04-08-04, 15:28
Didn't we do this a year or so ago at Pluto Fight Night? I think it was (the Pluto) NCAT vs Lupus and erm... Callash? can't remember, like 2-3 GMs. NCAT won I believe.

Candaman
04-08-04, 15:31
KILLER']no dear cannings.. i ment if KK masterd the skill of noob buffing :)

btw. offtopic.. just watched that movie i think draken made.. when a ppu and tank were fighting you and somebody.. and you noobbuffed and killed them :p maybe lame.. but its ub3r when you can master that so good.. 1 debuffs 1 buffs and so fast lol..

practice :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hinch
04-08-04, 15:39
practice :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
you dont practice :) its just everyone else is crap :)

Jailbird
04-08-04, 16:42
I wanna PK the following 2 in the following order and ill be happy :)

Thanatos
MJS

Jest
04-08-04, 17:15
Didn't we do this a year or so ago at Pluto Fight Night? I think it was (the Pluto) NCAT vs Lupus and erm... Callash? can't remember, like 2-3 GMs. NCAT won I believe.Yah it was me, Iron Man, Minimajs, and Nexx vs Lupus, Critter, and was it Callash? lol was fun as hell. It was a good fight but at the end of it, we came away with the win and none of us even died. :p I wish GMs would do that more often, that was one of the best Fight Nights there was.

Dirus
10-08-04, 17:39
It was Carbonite, Critter, and myself in that fight, It was fun too. And yes NCAT did win.

As for me thinking I'm "all that".. hardly, theres alot of people that could probably kick my ass being a GM or not. 1vs1 I'm not the greatest, my strength in PvP games was always my ability to stay alive and sneak past the other teams. Never killing them.

ezza
10-08-04, 17:41
capped stats and still couldnt win, nibbish to say the least

Jest
10-08-04, 17:42
It was Carbonite, Critter, and myself in that fight, It was fun too. And yes NCAT did win.And I still have your dog tags. :p

Dont worry Lupus you were the hardest to take down out of those three. ;)

greendonkeyuk
10-08-04, 18:01
hive killed a gm once didnt he? chimera or something, a long while ago. I remember his sig had the dog tag and a conversation with barar about how he was gonna do it. :)

If the gms arent all that good at pvp and i imagine dont get time to practice then surely the extra stats/choice of weapons would benefit them. I know of one gm on uranus who has played on his regular account and gets owned a lot so it might even things up if they play on the gm accounts. :)

Dirus
10-08-04, 18:33
hive killed a gm once didnt he? chimera or something, a long while ago. I remember his sig had the dog tag and a conversation with barar about how he was gonna do it. :)

If the gms arent all that good at pvp and i imagine dont get time to practice then surely the extra stats/choice of weapons would benefit them. I know of one gm on uranus who has played on his regular account and gets owned a lot so it might even things up if they play on the gm accounts. :)

GM's are not much different from any other players, we're still limited to the same max resists and can only use the same weapons as everyone else. The only difference is we can use all of them at the same time. Our only saving grace most of the time is our ability to use PPU to the highest extend. Atleast in mycase anyway.

Personally my aim is my weakness. I have this annoying little thing I do in a 1vs1 fight where I stop moving my mouse and keep the target in my sights more out of my movement keys then anything. I know I do it, but I've never been able to overcome it. I usually only win 1vs1 as a GM due ot my ability to use Holy level PPU, without it I'd probably be dead in the water. I've fought Hivemind in Neofrag on atleast one occasion I can't remember the outcome but I think we gave up eventually tho.

Organics
11-08-04, 01:47
capped stats and still couldnt win, nibbish to say the least

Nibbish?

I doubt they have much time to keep on practising their PvP skills. And besides, not everyone PvPs 24/7 either.

It doesn't matter what the stats are, if you aren't a great PvPer then you aren't. Nothing "nibbish" about it.

:)

ezza
11-08-04, 12:04
Nibbish?

I doubt they have much time to keep on practising their PvP skills. And besides, not everyone PvPs 24/7 either.

It doesn't matter what the stats are, if you aren't a great PvPer then you aren't. Nothing "nibbish" about it.

:)
well lets put it this way, capped resists, capped weapons skills, can wear any armour in game, so basically will have the rest resist setup possible.

now unless there aiming is so crap they couldnt hit the broad side of a barn, then they should win

so i stand by my nibbish comment :p

Spermy
11-08-04, 14:46
*waits to see Ez get pwned.*

:D

Candaman
11-08-04, 14:48
well lets put it this way, capped resists, capped weapons skills, can wear any armour in game, so basically will have the rest resist setup possible.

now unless there aiming is so crap they couldnt hit the broad side of a barn, then they should win

so i stand by my nibbish comment :p

if they can't heal and i can i think i could win

Spermy
11-08-04, 14:58
Or you could go NCAT stylee and just mob the crap outta them? typical 12 on 1's seem to get you everywhere these days (poke, poke, nudge!) :p

ezza
11-08-04, 15:07
if they can't heal and i can i think i could win
but then your just placeing rules on what they can and cannot do.

your basically saying that you will only win if they dont use all at there
disposal

*waits to see Ez get pwned.*
dont have to wait, you can log on to saturn to see that

Candaman
11-08-04, 15:29
dont have to wait, you can log on to saturn to see that

+1 Rep Ezza

..i..DemonX
11-08-04, 15:30

U realy overrate urself badly!

And i think its a great idear Cannings!

-Demon-
11-08-04, 15:59
U realy overrate urself badly!

And i think its a great idear Cannings!

Note the smiley in hinchs post.

Also I don't doubt hinch would take quite a few out with cannings ppu'ing him, unless you seen someone play don't make that sorta comment.

greendonkeyuk
11-08-04, 16:31
Or you could go NCAT stylee and just mob the crap outta them? typical 12 on 1's seem to get you everywhere these days (poke, poke, nudge!) :p

This coming from a fallen angel no less (and a ranger at that)...... :rolleyes:

I like the idea cannings for sure.

-REMUS-
11-08-04, 19:38
I remember nfing with a gm in his red tank pa and armed with a first love.

Very long time ago tho, if I remember correctly I was still using a dg/cs combo.

I've been in NF with tupac I think and a gm came down and died alot.

..i..DemonX
11-08-04, 19:47
Note the smiley in hinchs post.

Also I don't doubt hinch would take quite a few out with cannings ppu'ing him, unless you seen someone play don't make that sorta comment.

I saw the smile and still i say that.

How u could know i not saw Hinch play? :wtf:

And it would depend who play from the GM's i fought a few back in old days and i admit that some realy can play NC :)

seraphian
11-08-04, 22:02
The GMs are limited to the same weapons as we are, sure.

but they can use them all at the same time.

If you did regular PvP tourny rules (IE self-buff only, no PPU support) then the GM could holy shelter/deflector/heal before the match. Open with a Holy Damageboost and a holy parashock halo then finish you off by pulling out a capped-stat CS, or HL... not to mention the fact he'd be in full duranium-4 using spy PA (massive force/pierce and energy/x-ray resist at once!) and using either a heavy def belt or a heavy fire belt (great resists vs. every damage type, especially when you figure the holy def/shelter)

if you limited the GMs to using only one 'class' of gear then you might have a pretty fair fight.