PDA

View Full Version : All characters synching.... AGAIN

P4mp3rk3
04-08-04, 12:15
Right, for the third time in maybe 4 days I can not log in on any of my characters. All I get is the black screen with 'Synchronising' doing it's thing over and over again.

WHAT GIVES?

And emailing helpdesk doesn't help a damn thing, so don't tell me to do that. All they do is tell you to keep trying... Like fuck I will, I got other things to do that spend the day trying to log in. When I want to play I expect it to work THEN, not 5 hours later.

SorkZmok
04-08-04, 12:33
Are you behind a router?

I had quite the same problem once, the only way to fix it was to reboot and reinstall the router. Worked perfect again after that.

P4mp3rk3
04-08-04, 12:34
no, I'm not behind a router :(
bleh...

Kaden
04-08-04, 12:36
Right, for the third time in maybe 4 days I can not log in on any of my characters. All I get is the black screen with 'Synchronising' doing it's thing over and over again.

WHAT GIVES?

And emailing helpdesk doesn't help a damn thing, so don't tell me to do that. All they do is tell you to keep trying... Like fuck I will, I got other things to do that spend the day trying to log in. When I want to play I expect it to work THEN, not 5 hours later.

Like sorkZmonk says reinstall you router if you have one, take down any software firewalls, kill all un-needed processes, especially netmeeting and programs like that. Run NC only and your connection software, if that doesnt work them mail tech@neocron.com

EDIT: Bah no router is bad.

garyu69
04-08-04, 13:38
if you have in your neocron.ini file the line

Localport = "7000"

or something similar, then when you relog to a new char it takes about 30 secs to clear the old char off the server and if you log in too quick you get the black screen.

Take that line out if you do.

ufora
04-08-04, 14:19
re install nc, or do the file check thing, or email help desk and ask them to move ur char to another zone. its probs that the zone u are in is corrupt or sumthing :/