PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to events ? (saturn)

bS^
04-08-04, 11:17
ive been talking to a few people recently (admitebley only on saturn) and it seems every one is gettina a little bored, which got me thinking. Why are there no events any more, i dont even know whos CM faction councler is on saturn, seeing as he hasnt been on for ages and apparently quit.
So when are events going to be happening again, and by this i mean GM run events like the next "race" at desert race track, it drew in half the server and was real good fun.

Siygess
04-08-04, 11:22
Well there's an event happening this Saturday.. but seriously, it must be hard to run an organised event on Saturn. The larger playerbase and multi-character nature of the server, combined with a large number of people who have a penchant for doing whatever the hell they want, can ruin an event in considerably less time it takes to organise it. I feel sorry for all you guys on Saturn who want regular events, I really do.

ezza
04-08-04, 12:24
its mainly down to the lets go pk the people at the event attitude that saturn has(thou sounds like we aint the only server doing that these days)

all giving abuse and trying to pk the Gms during events doesnt give saturn much hope

oh and saturn has always played second fiddle to pluto when it comes to events due to Gms seeming to like hanging on pluto more than saturn

Judge
04-08-04, 12:50
Players should get up off their asses and start running some events if they're bored. Thats what I did and it was well fun, however the downside is that it turns you into a jaded and cynical individual.

Chaos81
04-08-04, 15:50
There are events now and then...it might pick up wen DoY is done.

By the way...I love your sig Siygess. :)

Siygess
04-08-04, 16:03
Gracias - I'm the original CA-Cop wannabe ;)

Clownst0pper
04-08-04, 16:05
Player A) "HoneyPot, Spaun me a SA"

Honey Pot) "No, I cant, sorry"

Player A) "You fucking suck" (goes and PK's at the event)

*A saturn transcript

ezza
04-08-04, 16:09
Player A) "HoneyPot, Spaun me a SA"

Honey Pot) "No, I cant, sorry"

Player A) "You fucking suck" (goes and PK's at the event)

*A saturn transcript
omg i almost felt like i was playing saturn even tho im at work.

sucks that its like that but what can you do

Clownst0pper
04-08-04, 16:11
omg i almost felt like i was playing saturn even tho im at work.

sucks that its like that but what can you do

Go kill the retard "event fucker upper" and carry on after uve jacked his/her belt?

ezza
04-08-04, 16:13
Go kill the retard "event fucker upper" and carry on after uve jacked his/her belt?
ive yet to see that done.

last event i was at, there was maybe 4 or 5 trouble makers, yet they went on killing and killing, the enemies of those people outnumbered them yet didnt seem capable of fighting back.

then you also have the factor, of once the pking starts, others use it as a change to start exacting revenge on there enemies or whatever

Clownst0pper
04-08-04, 16:17
ive yet to see that done.

last event i was at, there was maybe 4 or 5 trouble makers, yet they went on killing and killing, the enemies of those people outnumbered them yet didnt seem capable of fighting back.

then you also have the factor, of once the pking starts, others use it as a change to start exacting revenge on there enemies or whatever

It has occured several times at events ive been at.

Once at the Saturn Tournament (first and third in varieying events :D) where Vet decided to stir shit up, I killed him on Koro for killing others, and HoneyPot Kicked me!

And a second at jeriko cage event, shadow turned up, again, Danae did nothing "shes off duty" and HoneyPot also did nothing.

Needless to say it was left to Phoenix to mop up :mad:

Events on saturn are a waist of time

CarniFlex
04-08-04, 17:45
Id like to see some more guts in gm's. Proper 1 week ban for anyone interferring in events. And id also like to see them using their brains abit when organizing it.

If gm actually used the tools they have and banned people for weeks/months for being assholes, im sure we actually would see more fun event ingame.

btw

Make me acting GM deputy on saturn for a week and ill clean the server up REAL good.

Wank3r
04-08-04, 17:49
The last Saturn event I can remember was the shit load of warbots, y-reps and other mechanical mobs heading to Battle Dome...that was fun, for a few seconds...The set in the 500+ pings and the lame assed pkers.

CarniFlex
04-08-04, 17:54
events on saturn is possible, but you cant do whole server events cause it just wont work. Have a nice memory of some kamikaze troopers attacking neocron front entrance, all nice pro city defending it, off course there were some pk but those most likely deserved it anyway.

Morganth
04-08-04, 18:41
They should have an event on Saturn like the game "British Bulldog", where everyone goes to a Warzone and you have one person in the middle of the zone, and its the task of everyone else to get to the other side of the map without getting PKed. The one person in the middle has to PK as many people running at them before they get to the other side, and anyone who is PKed is rezzed and is now on the attacking side. Rinse and repeat until all you are left with is a 50+ strong attacking force trying to drop a PPU.

Omnituens
04-08-04, 19:17
They should have an event on Saturn like the game "British Bulldog", where everyone goes to a Warzone and you have one person in the middle of the zone, and its the task of everyone else to get to the other side of the map without getting PKed. The one person in the middle has to PK as many people running at them before they get to the other side, and anyone who is PKed is rezzed and is now on the attacking side. Rinse and repeat until all you are left with is a 50+ strong attacking force trying to drop a PPU.
PPUs should be banned from that event

as should para weapons

BRING IN THE MOONSTRIKERS!

EDIT: no stealth either

Selendor
04-08-04, 19:52
I don't like this washing of hands regarding events on Saturn 'because we'll just shoot each other and bitch'. This is a game 'managed' by a company, the resultant situation on Saturn (and to an extent on the other servers) can not be down solely to the players alone.

Let me put it another way, if you ignore people who are capped, and there is only combat at the endgame, and people think their voice is no longer heard, and the community is suffering - do you all think that results in a nice happy disneyland style paradise?? No, we get a server full of killers who don't give a damn about anyone else because it becomes patently clear that no one gives a damn about the players.

Saturn is a case of KK reaping what they sow.

Saturn is going to die in a few weeks. What comes after it is a second chance, for us all.