PDA

View Full Version : Monk DEX? You thought about it yet, KK?

Whitestuff
04-08-04, 06:42
Well? Its been a while since I posted, but I would like to say it again: Monk DEX exp gains slowly, as in not at all. And your mission bug is still in the game yes? I dunno, ain't played in a month cause you won't fix the DEX gain problem anyway.

Who are we supposed to report things like this to? That Ratman guy? What's his name I'll drop him a PM along with MJS, Codi, Thanny, and anyone else I can get through to.

And, to be sure, I have suggested several good alternatives, but the best is this:
Make monk DEX gain in teams while making other "non specialized" skills for other classes gain as well. Such as spy PSI and Tank PSI. . .

If you do the above KK, you will fix the crappy leveling and stop a lot of exploiting. If the DEX gain is decent in a team, then we'll just look for a freakin' team rather than try to find a way to exploit to gain DEX at a decent rate. And you can't say your nerf is what screwed the DEX leveling on monks atm, cause this was a problem before that change anyway. Thus we had people find a way to exploit to gain their DEX that they probably deserved from leveling in a team. . . .

And I will continue to post this until I get an official answer/comment on the subject, so take the time and answer. (You haven't yet, and I expect one)

sanityislost
04-08-04, 06:45
Monk Dex is just another bloody thing we wont be given any info about.

wonder if the mods will start doing that with threads about the same topic lol

{mod}
Your not gona get any info about it, so stfu
/closed

SiL ..:..

Whitestuff
04-08-04, 07:07
I did say the community to dev and vice versa needed to be improved.

*sigh*

Seke
04-08-04, 07:15
Well, I still don't agree that monk dex is as bad as spy PSI. I say spy and not tank because tanks don't need it as much. Really the only way to do it as a spy is spec some apu ASAP (as in when you first make your char) and cap it first out of all skills, cause you get 0 xp when you use it later.

Whitestuff
04-08-04, 07:24
Spy PSI takes roughly 75 very hard missions to cap. Run the numbers with Monk DEX, the mission count climbs to much more than that. Slaughteruall actually did the calculation, he'll chime in eventually and repeat them again I am sure.

And my method states, very clearly, that spies and tanks should also gain team exp for their PSI skills.

BTW: If you go APU on a spy, that's kinda crazy. Last time I tried that I got 2xp per kill with a 4 slot energy bolt. Rank, 0/5. I don't agree there. Spec the PPU and run the bloody missions.

Vid Gamer
04-08-04, 07:32
I agree. It's really impossible to effectively level Monk Dex. make it go up when teamed is a good idea and maybe we wont exploit so much..

Duine
04-08-04, 07:56
I gather all resources and efforts are aimed at keeping the "old NC" servers running until NC2 arrives, making sure the Beta is going well, and of course making the release deadline.

I think pretty much everyone at KK is working overtime from now on until the release of NC2.

This, however, does not justify the total lack of info on current issues and radio silence, in my opinion. Keeping the lid on is bad, like many have stated before, since it could kill off the steady flow of rumours at once.

I have no hope whatsoever that monk dex, tradeskill xp, mission bugs, remote repair and whatnot will be fixed before the release of NC2.

I'd just wish KK would realise a bit more communication would ensure a lot more goodwill and patience on the side of the playerbase.

I have PM'd Thanatos 3 weeks ago on the topic of remote repair and monk dex, kindly asking for somekind of statement on how and when monk dex and remote repair are going to be fixed. I have yet to receive the read receipt, let alone an answer :( .

2ply
04-08-04, 09:23
They're not going to comment. They know one slip-up is going to cost them players. Something they don't want to lose.

Don't waste your enegry.

Duine
04-08-04, 09:28
Well that would be unwise too, since silence is costing them players as well.

WebShock
04-08-04, 11:12
well now that doom is out i cant wait for server lag to start happening. gives me an excuse to kill big floating blobs of inhuman substance

Clownst0pper
04-08-04, 11:13
There a little busy with doy BETA

Dont Mess
04-08-04, 12:21
There a little busy with doy BETA

no excuse man the missions are driving me insane and make me wanna quit

u know as much as i do pheonix dont have anny allies and even those netural or allied 2 us attack so i get -16 and onwards sl amd mo way 2 do it same with monk dex its just infair kk atleast give some way

Duder
04-08-04, 12:25
Just wait for DoY everything will be fixed, server populations, FREs, monk dex, missions, everything. We just have to set camp and wait for the sweet sweet KK NC2:DoY apples to fall down on our heads. ONLY 1 MONTH LEFT GUYS WE CAN MAKE IT

Lecko
04-08-04, 12:28
I'm trying to level a monk at the moment, it's taking forever to get dex up. Psi and Int are whizzing up, yet the dex isn't moving. I would have thought that by the time you gain enough psi and int to cap, you would have gained enough dex to cap too (through teaming).

Cubico
04-08-04, 12:38
Spy PSI takes roughly 75 very hard missions to cap. Run the numbers with Monk DEX, the mission count climbs to much more than that. Slaughteruall actually did the calculation, he'll chime in eventually and repeat them again I am sure.

And my method states, very clearly, that spies and tanks should also gain team exp for their PSI skills.

Spies should also get STR in team.
My Droner-Resser SPY gets none at all.
And, as he is a good droner, he also gets no CON.

WebShock
04-08-04, 14:52
Just wait for DoY everything will be fixed, server populations, FREs, monk dex, missions, everything. We just have to set camp and wait for the sweet sweet KK NC2:DoY apples to fall down on our heads. ONLY 1 MONTH LEFT GUYS WE CAN MAKE IT
LOL

right... and the lochness monster is really a really old dragon that cant fly so all he does is lounge in his pool all day.

im to pessimistic about doy being the savior of all the annoyances this game has.

I would love to be rid of the FRE the most, the lag and the shit fps in huge fights.

I can deal with all the inbalance the game has. All the little quirks that piss ppl off (I.E holy Para, blessed ppu hybrids, overpowered melee tanks)

I just want the game mechanics to work properly. after time, you learn how to overcome the small inbalances this game has.

I'll believe it when i see it. Until then, NC2 is nothing more than what the opposing force expansion was for half life. A graphic and weapon/mob update.

Mr_Snow
04-08-04, 15:48
I dont give a shit if your dex doesnt level naturally, its no excuse to exploit and some people just look for any excuse to do so, monks and spies who exploited the rep tool have in doing so made it virtually impossible for monks using legit means to level, pure tradeskillers to level and for HC PEs to level using vehicles aswell as making vehicles useless until KK get around to patching which probably wont be until DoY is released.

Its not KKs fault that you and others exploited its your own fault especially when it was piss easy to level str and dex on a monk by constructing until they nerfed the xp on tradeskills but you found it easier to tape down the mouse button and go afk for the night and come back capped.

ino
04-08-04, 16:13
hehe spy psi blah blah worse than monk dex.

I think you need to do like 1000 aggy cap missions if the dex is capping at 250000 points. like atleast 30 hours of boring missions. And add that to the saturn server where the damn missions dont even work and multiply that with infitity x 10 :)

All non natural skills should gain alittle bit atleast when in a team with a char that has you non natural skill as a main skill.

-FN-
04-08-04, 19:36
I've capped DEX on several monks... what the hell is everyone going on about? It's fine. Put some damn effort into it, jeez.

Juht
04-08-04, 20:39
@FN

Indeed, not far from capping DEX on a week old monk myself. At the same time, made a huge stock of drugs for my spy. Go figure.

Edit: And no, I don't have to LoM a single point afterwards.