PDA

View Full Version : Lack of info = Pissed off players

sanityislost
04-08-04, 04:28
Ok normally im all chilled out, but these passed few weeks have been pissing
me off. Ya think KK would be building up the hype, giving lil bits of info about
NC2 and helping players with there worries about the change overs.

One of the big things people are wanting to know about is Item wipes.
IF there is going to be one i think the player base would rather know before
NC2 comes out, If not why dont you say so, then people like me wouldnt
have to make threads like this.....squeeeee n_n

Ok so now your thinking why the hell did i even type this crap out
well here is the funny bit, i say if we havent heard shit till about a week
before the game is launched we dont buy it. I mean what they could do is
keep all the info about wipes n such all shhy so we dont know about it till
after and we only find out about it till after we pay for the game O_O

.....ok i will shut up for now.....need smoke

SiL ..:.. i like choco buttons

Drexel
04-08-04, 04:35
Your right, its time for an official statement.

Im the biggest fanboi, & even im starting to get pretty pissed, so i can only imagine that 80% of everyone else has given up on the 'no comment' policy & gone else where.

KK, start running this like a company & not a fucken hobby, your shareholders what info, you are in possetion of that info (please dont tell me you still making this shit up 4 weeks before release), just type & we'll buy.

(& do it in English as well as German.)

Dont even get me started on the lack of updates on the completly fucked, mission & drop rate issues.

I fucken love your game KK, please help keep the love alive. :(

sanityislost
04-08-04, 04:44
i think its way more than 80%, some people ive known for ages who i thought
would never leave this close to the launch are talking about leaving.

KK needs to understand that all we want is info, we used to be given the
excuse that nothing could be said because of the meetings with the
publishers. whats the excuse now???

SiL ..:..

joran420
04-08-04, 04:44
ummm well were not exactly "shareholders"... but yeah i think everyone wants to know this stuff (Itemwipe is prolly the biggest thing that comes to mind)

Im guessing no comment = yep yer items are toast.

and im pretty sure thats why no one wants to comment...cause whoever does is gonna get flamed to high hell...plus once item wipe is announced NC1 is pretty pointless(cept for PvP(which is the best part of the game imho)) and everyone will totally stop playing until NC2 comes out cause nothing they earn will carry over too.

I hope we keep our stuff, but im getting pretty skeptical.

anyway thats my take on the whole thing

Dirk_Gently
04-08-04, 04:49
I figure you are right we are going to get an item wipe. TBH I'm almost past caring, I'm really disappointed at the complete lack of hype, information and advertising of NC2. I don't see the point anymore; at this rate it is just going to be the same small number of players playing the "new" game.

What's the point??

..i..DemonX
04-08-04, 04:54
Well beside the thing we not know anything realy about NC2 ... hmm someone said it will be only a expension for us :wtf:

But i realy whant my f**king PRE ORDER MAIL!

I dont mind a small kind of whipe with NC2 (it will come for sure), but f*ck it give ou that damn mails!

sanityislost
04-08-04, 04:54
well from the lack of support and info, i think they are kinda killing it off before
the game was even launched. Even if there is a wipe i will be playing NC2(as
long as i know before hand wtf is gona happen),but all this not telling anyone
anything is fecked up. its the fact of not knowing before the game is launched
i say nobody buys it (flame me if uwant), but at least if we knew we could
spend the time before the launch to set our chars up, capping, ect.

Dirk_Gently
04-08-04, 04:56
Well beside the thing we not know anything realy about NC2 ... hmm someone said it will be only a expension for us :wtf:

But i realy whant my f**king PRE ORDER MAIL!

I dont mind a small kind of whipe with NC2 (it will come for sure), but f*ck it give ou that damn mails!

I'm not ordering it untill I know what's in it. Which will require us being given some information.

Drexel
04-08-04, 05:00
I am trying to prepare my characters pre NC2, however the FUCKEN missions are FUCKED!

Anyway, update neocron.com too please, its only up too Sneek Peak 5, & ill be fucked if i can find any info on how to install the game (fucked up patches ) for nibs, its like KK are pretending its not an issue, just like this topic.

..i..DemonX
04-08-04, 05:01
I'm not ordering it untill I know what's in it. Which will require us being given some information.

Uh well i orderd it mainly cuz of the BIG price diff between Update and
"Full Game". There are not any Informations about it and thats realy realy sad! But i think nobody care shit over it!

Birkoff
04-08-04, 05:03
Its is worrying

Keeping a gogo of items = happy me.
A item wipe is well needed :)

Dirk_Gently
04-08-04, 05:06

Oh god don't start another item wipe argument!!!!!

..i..DemonX
04-08-04, 05:07
Its is worrying

Keeping a gogo of items = happy me.

Like i said a whipe will come! And i think we dnot get any infos about NC2 cuz KK not have any clue how to say "HEY LOOSERS WE WHIPE WHAT U COLLECT THE LAST 2 YEAHRS"

Cuz they know how many ppl they will lose if they say this! So they will say it after most of us fools got NC2 .... :o

Dirk_Gently
04-08-04, 05:09
Shouldn't it be "We do it WITH the boys"??????

..i..DemonX
04-08-04, 05:12
Shouldn't it be "We do it WITH the boys"??????

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

We only do it for them! Not with them! :angel: For the Boys is cool (i think) if we say with them it would be against forum rules and then .. bla bla bla removed bla bla ....

Cuz u know may to many ppl still think (OMG WE GOT 2004!!) that gay is bad!

sanityislost
04-08-04, 05:19
Like i said a whipe will come! And i think we dnot get any infos about NC2 cuz KK not have any clue how to say "HEY LOOSERS WE WHIPE WHAT U COLLECT THE LAST 2 YEAHRS"

Cuz they know how many ppl they will lose if they say this! So they will say it after most of us fools got NC2 .... :o

Yup which is why i say nobody should buy the game till they tell us, to force
them to tell us the info we should already know by now.

RayBob
04-08-04, 05:53
I agree with you, the lack of communication is unacceptable.

The item wipe theory fiasco is mind-boggling. If there was not going to be a wipe they could have squashed it instantly with a simple post. If indeed there was going to be one, then have the cogones to say so and explain it…

“We understand the community is concerned about the possibility of an item wipe. We realize this is an important topic for many players and we have every intention of transferring your hard-earned items. Unfortunately, we are encountering some technical problems with the new database.

We will continue to work on the problem but are afraid that it will not be initially possible to transfer items. We encourage players to make new characters in NC2 and explore the new world while we work towards a solution.”

Or maybe they just don’t WANT to transfer items.

“We understand the community is concerned about the possibility of an item wipe. We have given this matter a great deal of thought, and decided that items will not be transferred. We realize this will be an unpopular decision for many players but feel it is in the best long term interests of the game.

However, we wish to show our appreciation to the community. During the first 30 days of BDoY, GMs will be authorized to spawn a limited number of items for veteran players with the following restrictions: Each account which was active for 6 months since retail release is entitled to any 3 items and 1 additional item for every 3 months of paid subscription thereafter. Only one copy of each item and only one MC5 implant per account.”

I’m just making this shit up, but the point is that every problem can be dealt with. Ignoring people is rude.

nugz420
04-08-04, 05:57
5 stars give me some info damnit.

Whitestuff
04-08-04, 06:06
One of the big things people are wanting to know about is Item wipes.

Dude! Chill out! It has been stated at least twice now, officially, that there will not be an item wipe, despite what the community polls say, despite what you have come up with in your head, there won't be one. It was said in an official post I am sure of it, but as you see, I am too lazy to dig it up. So chill out, it won't happen.

On another note, community to dev communication could use a large boost, but hey, I have been saying that sh*t for ages now.

Biznatchy
04-08-04, 06:19
[ edited ]

sanityislost
04-08-04, 06:28
[ Edited ]

Dupped items? Hacked money? you dont even fucking know me anyone who
does knows i dont have anything that was got thru duping n hacking, and if u
must know the only stuff i would care about losing is one off RP items from
the Skull Cult. Looks like you didnt even bother to read all of this thread
because what i was getting on at was the lack of info giving to the people
who play the game.

and about your view on my sig, i dont give a shit what you think

Ravin
04-08-04, 06:37
Dude! Chill out! It has been stated at least twice now, officially, that there will not be an item wipe, despite what the community polls say, despite what you have come up with in your head, there won't be one. It was said in an official post I am sure of it, but as you see, I am too lazy to dig it up. So chill out, it won't happen.

what? where? oh, youre sure of it eh? well until you stop being lazy and find these 'mysterious statements' i hope this thread continues, so more ppl start voicing their complaints so we actually get a response.

TheGreatMilenko
04-08-04, 06:54

sex your sig

Whitestuff
04-08-04, 07:04
Originally Posted by Martin J. Schwiezer:
Since there is a rumor about a char wipe that might come with "Neocron - Beyond Dome of York", I am happy to announce that there definitely won't be a char wipe.

Sorry, got my info a little crossed. No character wipe, which is evident, we transfer our characters to the different servers anyway.

But, here is a bit of logic for you: If they don't wipe the characters and they let us transfer them to the new server, why would they wipe the items? I have a fully capped tank, a high lvl resser and 2 high lvl monks all with good items, multislots and rares. . . Now throw them into a game, fully capped, no money, no items. What kind of sense does that make? It would take ages to get that stuff back. No one would play, everyone would quit and it would all be over. Yeah, if I were MJS, I'd love to sink kk to the depths of stupidity.

Not allowing the transfer of characters, I would understand, that's no big deal, everyone is equal then, no prob. But to keep the high level characters with no items at all, that's more useless than starting the game with a 0/2 newb. In fact, that's probably how they would have to get their stuff back, by leveling a new character to buy the parts and tools and stuff to make it all/buy it all back.

To me, an item wipe with keeping the characters at a high level makes no sense, why would they do it?

jini
04-08-04, 07:07
I really wonder how did this rumour about item wipes started. And how really is it spreading/propagating.... And you exect an answer from KK???

Ravin
04-08-04, 07:28
I really wonder how did this rumour about item wipes started. And how really is it spreading/propagating.... And you exect an answer from KK???

After they stated that there won't be a char wipe, someone a few days later(or weeks, etc.) asked on forums if there'll be an item wipe. KK didnt respond. Naturally, rumors started to spread that kk is hiding an impending itemwipe so as not to scare away current players. As of right now, there still has been no official word. :\ Everyone wants to know why.

And yes, i think we should get a response, at least a one-line sticky post with mjs or someone typing 'no itemwipe happening'. It would ease alot of player's tension and improve ppl's attitudes towards kk. You don't think we deserve a response?

Duine
04-08-04, 07:40
[..rant..]

I like the sig... im sure many do as well. Don't get worked up when someone doesn't like it.. it's a waste of energy.

And ontopic: to whoever played Jumpgate in the past (or still... :wtf: ) NC2 is starting to taste like EP2.

Jumpgate Episode 2 release went pretty much the same way, with delays, radio silence, vague feature communication, item&money whipe threats. When it eventually got released most of the ppl were so disappointed with the end result Jumpgate pretty much bled to death and now leads a life of a mmorpg on its return.

On a lighter note, Jumpgate is still around, but only the diehard fans still hang around there and the game pretty much runs on 1 (one) very dedicated (kudos for that) developer.

NaKoth
04-08-04, 07:42
Yes indeed, more info is needed. Hmm , or should i say not "more" but just info !

And please if KK reads this, try to post something that interests the current community most. I mean peeks from appartment and taxi service ... umm ok. I believe that most people would like to know about, i dunno, new Epic awards, OP hacking system (hacknet), WoC etc etc...

jini
04-08-04, 07:42
After they stated that there won't be a char wipe, someone a few days later(or weeks, etc.) asked on forums if there'll be an item wipe. KK didnt respond. Naturally, rumors started to spread that kk is hiding an impending itemwipe so as not to scare away current players. As of right now, there still has been no official word. :\ Everyone wants to know why.

And yes, i think we should get a response, at least a one-line sticky post with mjs or someone typing 'no itemwipe happening'. It would ease alot of player's tension and improve ppl's attitudes towards kk. You don't think we deserve a response?

IF thats the case, then KK dont ever has to answer.
Let me give you an example:
I heard that kk will donate a new mc5 chip of choice with every transfered account from nc1. If KK dont answer this, then its suspicious, so expect a new mc5 chip (of yr choice)

Ravin
04-08-04, 07:49
IF thats the case, then KK dont ever has to answer.
Let me give you an example:
I heard that kk will donate a new mc5 chip of choice with every transfered account from nc1. If KK dont answer this, then its suspicious, so expect a new mc5 chip (of yr choice)

I get your point, but the example you gave doesn't threaten everything i (and everyone else) have been working for in nc for the past 2 years.. An idea like giving out mc5 chips is silly (even though it was just an example to prove a point), as are any other rumors that ppl might come up with, and over time will be forgotten or not taken seriously.

An itemwipe on the other hand, or the possibility of one, is -very serious-. Its nowhere near unthinkable for kk to do one, and that scares most of the community, including me.

edit: to make it sound better and a spelling mistake. and im one post away from a double digit postcount, eek! :(

whifix
04-08-04, 07:54
One important thing for people to realize is that DOY is the introduction of new servers. This means there will be NC1 servers and NC2 servers. NC1 servers won't get item wipes it's only the accounts transfering to the NC2 servers that might not get all of the items transfered if they get transfered at all. The other important thing to note is that they are refering to this as "character transfers". That scares me if it means that you lose the characters on the NC1 servers when you transfer them to the new ones.

NaKoth
04-08-04, 08:22
That scares me if it means that you lose the characters on the NC1 servers when you transfer them to the new ones.

That will probably happen. I dont see it as a problem though, since not many people will be playing the NC1 (seriously anyway, maybe to "fool around" a bit).
Also I somehow think that there will not be many patches for NC1 once NC2 is out and also I believe reading that the NC1 servers will not be held forever, but only some limited time (may it be a month or a year but they will be gone).

Pfehh
04-08-04, 09:24
Looking at less than a month now, and there has been absolutely no information about bdoy released. Other games by now would have gone through an open beta, or at least had a beta with a less ridiculous NDA. There would be a ton of information available about the new faction setup, the new available skills and chracter skins, hacknet, vehicles, and pretty much everything. We would have had a ton of screens of the new game engine in play, and maybe even an entire trailer with it.

Now before anyone says it, no, I'm not asking KK to come spill all their content before their release. But they have to keep in mind their reputation for broken promises and grand mistakes, and realize that if they don't cough up something within the next week or so, people are going to start to figure out that something is wrong, and accounts are going to start to dwindle even further than they already have.

It's time to cough up some content, NOW, KK.

Velvet
04-08-04, 09:42
Looking at less than a month now, and there has been absolutely no information about bdoy released. There would be a ton of information available about the new faction setup, the new available skills and chracter skins, hacknet, vehicles, and pretty much everything. We would have had a ton of screens of the new game engine in play, and maybe even an entire trailer with it.
It's time to cough up some content, NOW, KK.
Yes, yes, yes!!
To say it again: Please KK treat this as a real company would.
Please!?

Spikadelia
04-08-04, 10:42
One more voice added to the throng.

C'mon KK throw us a bone or three..... we're going crazy.....crazier. :p

Selendor
04-08-04, 10:54
I think the truth is they haven't actually sorted any of this out yet, despite DoY being 2 years overdue everyone is rushing around trying to get it ready, but they are no where near finishing it, so its probably a choice of:

1) Make NC2 actually load up
2) Post to community about progress/info

My understanding is that there are many niggles with the new version they are working on, but I still think someone somewhere at KK could spare 5 minutes to make a post. If they can't them I'm expecting the second coming of mmorpgs on Sept 1st, as they must be so focused on this project.

Clownst0pper
04-08-04, 10:55
Its like 28 days till the release of DOY. KK will be very busy sorting the bugs, and THEN theyll probably make a statement.

garyu69
04-08-04, 10:57
Totally agree with this.
I'm starting to get pissy myself and i haven't really got like this ever since playing NC.

- I want to know if all my hard work is to be binned with a complete whipe.
- I want to know if i am going to have to Change my Chars names due to a over the top name filter. I don't want to log on and have to instantly think of a name.
- I want to know how the server conversion is going to work, how many servers, and new ones? getting rid of any?
- I want to know how much this is going to cost, I have three accounts, will i need to buy a copy for each?

There are loads of other bits of info i would like to know also but i realy want to know answers to the above.

Judge
04-08-04, 11:09
[ edited ]

[ edited ]

manderf
04-08-04, 11:25
erm it could just be me but.... Didnt kk already say there was going to be no item wipe? Maybe they aint adressing any questions because they already adressed them, but ya the lack of new shit/ss's is pissing me off and i dont really want to waste my money if its gonna suck.

SorkZmok
04-08-04, 11:33
I completely agree with SIL. GIVE US INFO!

Also, what about remote repairing? What about Monk Dex?

Ozzon
04-08-04, 11:37
KK won't respond to this anyway, they just don't give a shit... it's obvious that they just want to get some money from then new players in DoY, that's why it's called NC2 now.

Over a month to fix missions on saturn? 2 years to fix the fucking FRE's?? there no new FRE's those are the same bugs that were in beta (oh yea but MJS doesn't crash).

no clan missions yet? no clan wars? WTF?

SynC_187
04-08-04, 11:41
I thought we were told that the sneak peeks were going to become more regular, yet I haven't seen one for a while. Maybe they have run out of content.

I'm starting to lose any little bit of faith I had left. I hardly log on any more.

With NC2 competing with Half-Life 2 I might go play the online stuff with that when it comes out.

Pfehh
04-08-04, 11:43
Its like 28 days till the release of DOY. KK will be very busy sorting the bugs, and THEN theyll probably make a statement.

Then they f*cked up. I have no desire to wait until a week before the game ships/downloads/flies out of a monkey's ass/whatevers to find out what it will be like. In no way do I find that appropriate, nor do I find it acceptable behavior for a game company to not have a website up for their new game.

Of course, I hope I eat my words. I hope that tomorrow they link neocron2.com up to their super-secret bdoy website they've been hiding, that has new engine game footage, not quite as brief as previous descriptions of some of the new vehicles, weapons, items, ceres skills, hacknet, inter-faction relationships, and general information to get us all pumped about the game.

That site just doesn't exist though, I guarantee. It probably won't for months, if it ever does. KK will reveal things whenever they feel like it, regardless of what their fans want, regardless of what makes good business sense, regardless of good common sense. They just have to hope there are still people left to notice when they do it, because the servers look like more and more of a ghost town each day.

Judge
04-08-04, 12:37
2 years to fix the fucking FRE's?? there no new FRE's those are the same bugs that were in beta (oh yea but MJS doesn't crash).

In KK's defence, personally I crash a whole lot less than I used to... or I did a month ago when i was playing, and I doubt that there are MORE fre's now than then. Additionally, there isn't like a line in the NC code which you change to remove FRE's you know dude? FRE is just the outcome of a whole host of different problems and bugs which have to fixed one by one, and no game is bug free.

Noodle
04-08-04, 12:59
I have had the same feeling for a pretty long while now. its pretty demoralising, and the moral in this community is low enough already. give us some info kk, and i dont mean those stupid one liners you manage to type in 10 seconds. i mean real info, and put it on the neocron homepage (after you update that old crap).

Genty
04-08-04, 13:26
TBH, I am slowly wanting an item wipe more and more. Hell, Wipe the whole fucking lot, lets start over.

evs
04-08-04, 13:40
Ho hum

What did you expect from a third rate company with under 10 staff

Xizor
04-08-04, 14:07
I don't get the NDA thing anyway, WoW has no NDA and they seem to be running perfectly fine.

In SWG the NDA were only there for the sole purpose of having people who were not in beta buy the game cause they didn't know how crap it was.
I certainly hope that is not the case here.

I am all for a complete wipe, hell if there were a new server with everyone as newbies I would go there.
How can you say you "worked so hard" to get stuff when it is SO easy to get stuff in this game?

You only need rares in PvP because everyone has them, if we had a fresh server people would PvP with non-rare weapons (IMAGINE!?).
Don't tell me going to MC5 for the best item in the game is hard. There are now 2 commanders who drop a part EVERY FUCKING TIME, it used to be muuuch harder. I could probably get every single MC5 chip in about hmm.. 10 hours?

Capping a characters main stat isn't exactly hard either now is it?

With that said, I am getting very worried about not seing the new enigne in screenshots and stuff.

KK please respond and tell the community what you are going to do, this is getting rediculus.

Riddle
04-08-04, 14:26
WTF item wipe? U been down lv 1 sewers lately -Empty! you do a wipe and everyone and their mom is gonna be down there fighting over a Rat for XP! With all the experienced players in one place looking to level it will be a bloody joke!
Any ways i want info aswell or half life 2 is looking good :confused:

..i..DemonX
04-08-04, 14:27
Can u ppl pls STOP talk about Item whipe here? I not think that the Thread was maked not that! o_O

Just rate say INFO PLS! and good.
But not say im for a whipe - im against it pls! Info's about it would be cool but no talk over the good abd bad sites of it. :o

blaczero
04-08-04, 14:41
FRE's are mostly because of directx 7 (in my opinion) and there isnt much KK can do about it but rework the engine with a newer API

phunqe
04-08-04, 14:45
No NDA?

Let me demonstrate.

Scenario: No NDA and someone from beta posts

Someone: Hey, look at this new feature! :) :D

Thread1: COOL KK! Tell us more please!!one
Thread2: COOL KK! Tell us more please!!one
Thread3: COOL KK! Tell us more please!!one
Thread4: COOL KK! Tell us more please!!one
Thread5: COOL KK! Tell us more please!!one
Thread6: COOL KK! Tell us more please!!one

30 minutes later:

Thread1: OMFG This sucks. Why do you have to do this? We demand an official answer!
Thread2: OMFG This sucks. Why do you have to do this? We demand an official answer!
Thread3: OMFG This sucks. Why do you have to do this? We demand an official answer!
Thread4: OMFG This sucks. Why do you have to do this? We demand an official answer!
Thread5: OMFG This sucks. Why do you have to do this? We demand an official answer!

-----

1. The feature may not be final.
2. The feature might not even make it into retail.
3. The feature could have beon misunderstood when not in context.

..i..DemonX
04-08-04, 14:47
No NDA?

Let me demonstrate.

Scenario: No NDA and someone from beta posts

Someone: Hey, look at this new feature! :) :D

Thread1: COOL KK! Tell us more please!!one
Thread2: COOL KK! Tell us more please!!one
Thread3: COOL KK! Tell us more please!!one
Thread4: COOL KK! Tell us more please!!one
Thread5: COOL KK! Tell us more please!!one
Thread6: COOL KK! Tell us more please!!one

30 minutes later:

Thread1: OMFG This sucks. Why do you have to do this? We demand an official answer!
Thread2: OMFG This sucks. Why do you have to do this? We demand an official answer!
Thread3: OMFG This sucks. Why do you have to do this? We demand an official answer!
Thread4: OMFG This sucks. Why do you have to do this? We demand an official answer!
Thread5: OMFG This sucks. Why do you have to do this? We demand an official answer!

I dont get it :confused:

phunqe
04-08-04, 14:50
I dont get it :confused:

1. The feature may not be final.
2. The feature might not even make it into retail.
3. The feature could be misunderstood by either the beta player or the others (when not in context).

This yeilding in an official constantly being here to explain and clarify things without an end.
Often it results in pissed off people when something initially doesn't swing their way and it would be a hell of a mess.

I've seen it before and it nearly took the whole project with it down the drain.

Sovellis
04-08-04, 14:54
We're on to page four, and no official statement. What a surprise, I'm guessing we will hit page 20 and then we will recieve a cryptic answer from a mod.

Noodle
04-08-04, 14:55
yea, or a one liner, like this.

garyu69
04-08-04, 14:59
I want know if the Name filter is on N2 and how servere :(

Sovellis
04-08-04, 15:00
Im guessing it will be something along the lines off

"Follow the white rabbit"

ezza
04-08-04, 15:05
I want know if the Name filter is on N2 and how servere :(
severe enough so that you will be called garyu

We're on to page four, and no official statement. What a surprise, I'm guessing we will hit page 20 and then we will recieve a cryptic answer from a mod. there have been many threads not one offical responce yet, go figure

Xizor
04-08-04, 15:32
WTF item wipe? U been down lv 1 sewers lately -Empty! you do a wipe and everyone and their mom is gonna be down there fighting over a Rat for XP! With all the experienced players in one place looking to level it will be a bloody joke!

You obviously have no idea just how many seweres there are? Sewers aren't the only place you can lvl anyway.
I still think the NDA is an excuse for bad gameplay and/or too many beta complains.
But we'll see in a month won't we? o_O

Chaos81
04-08-04, 15:39
This is the biggest community of conspiracy theorists since Roswell. :lol:

Noodle
04-08-04, 15:41
This is the biggest community of conspiracy theorists since Roswell. :lol:

can you tell me how many delays this community have seen?

i lost count.

Vampire222
04-08-04, 16:31
like 10 or so

Sovellis
04-08-04, 17:08
Do we need to draw attention again to the fact that DOY was SUPPOSED to be a FREE expansion, which was to be released in APRIL (or was it easter - same thing) 2003!

What can we say, DONT DISAPPOINT US KK!

Nidhogg
04-08-04, 17:16
I'm guessing we will hit page 20 and then we will recieve a cryptic answer from a mod.
Rearranged, Odin won't, ok?

N

Dirk_Gently
04-08-04, 17:26
Rearranged, Odin won't, ok?

N

So you are saying that there is going to be an item wipe and the DoY servers are going to be named after MJS' favorite carebears!!!!! OMG :eek:

Wank3r
04-08-04, 17:31
Speaking of lack of info it's nearly a lack on communication all together. I've sent 2 e-mails to NC Support about my character one to account@neocron.com and another to helpdesk@neocron.com, neither have replyed...If they won't answer an e-mail from one person, they ain't gonna answer a loads of questions from a community...

Clyde
04-08-04, 17:44
maybe they havent officially decided to or they dont wanna create a "looting" like panic for the last month. this way the eco wont go even more to shit, lke people just buyin up shit and sellin shit for ignorant prices

Sovellis
04-08-04, 17:50
If people get worried about item wipes they will be selling their chars on ebay quicker than you can say "get rid of noob buffing".

Its possible also, that KK will loose more players than they gain if they do do a server wipe.

Zaq
04-08-04, 18:40
The silence is deafening.....

Questionaire for KK:

Q1 - will we keep all our items when we transfer our characters to DOY?

[ ] - Yes [ ] - No

Q2 - Will the repair tools be fixed any time soon?

[ ] - Yes [ ] - No

Q3 - Can you get rid of that bloody cage inside MC5?

[ ] - Yes [ ] - No

Q4 - Are the incredible ping spikes on Uranus going to be fixed anytime soon?

[ ] - Yes [ ] - No

Q5 - Where the hell is our community rep, Ratman??

[ ] - On holiday in Barbados [ ] - He's here hes just shy [ ] - We don't know

Q6 - Is the reason you dont come on the forums at all due the fact you might get bitched at by the community?

[ ] - Yes!! [ ] - No we love you all !!

MrChumble
04-08-04, 18:40
If they tell us they're going to do an item wipe they'll get flamed to hell.

If they tell us they're not doing an item wipe they'll get flamed to hell.

If they don't tell us anything they'll get flamed to hell anyway so they may as well just spit it out and get the wait over with.

Or maybe they just haven't decided yet, although leaving stuff to the last second isn't KKs normal style.

Pfehh
04-08-04, 19:00
One other thing I'd like to point out, please keep in mind that the people who would be posting information would not have to be the devs, so while they'd certainly be diverting someone from their normal schedule for an hour or two, it's not like we'd be raping their staff and bringing the coding/bug hunting to a halt.

Selendor
04-08-04, 19:46
Or maybe they just haven't decided yet, although leaving stuff to the last second isn't KKs normal style.

Bingo.

mishkin
04-08-04, 20:15
Pfft! This is all going downhill. No one will buy the game. Seriously.

When was the last time MJS said something on the forum?

WE DEMAND MJS!
WE DEMAND MJS!

Say it with me now!

WE DEMAND MJS!

:p

dangfoo
04-08-04, 20:22
ummm ... didnt they say no wipe like months ago ?

just cos they changed the game title shouldnt cahnge this surely ...

ho hum

Glorfindel
04-08-04, 20:32
Some of us have been playing this game for almost 2 years now and we have payed for those months, i hardly ever get angry but i think you guys are treating this community like crap. I say get the thumb out of yer asses kk and start answering some questions :mad: for example...

#1 WILL THERE BE AN ITEMWHIPE WHEN NC2 COMES?

#2 WILL U FIX THE SERVERS SO U ACCTUALLY CAN BE MORE THEN 20 IN THE SAME ZONE WITHOUT LAGG?

#3 WHATS GOING ON WITH THE MARKETING OF THE GAME?

#4 WHATS GONNA BE THE PRICE ON THE GAME?

#5 WHY THE HELL HAVENT WE HAD THIS QUESTIONS ANSWERED BEFORE? (ONLY 3 WEEKS LEFT TILL DOY ITS ABOUT TIME U START DOING IT :mad: )

Dirk_Gently
04-08-04, 20:44
#5 WHY THE HELL HAVENT WE HAD THIS QUESTIONS ANSWERED BEFORE? (ONLY 3 WEEKS LEFT TILL DOY ITS ABOUT TIME U START DOING IT :mad: )

Because they are going to miss the deadline due to "Media production issues" and can't be arsed with all the crap they'll get on the forums.

Glorfindel
04-08-04, 20:45
Doesnt take 5 min to answer as they should allready have decided about most of the stuff...

Disturbed021
04-08-04, 20:49
I for one will not being buying "NC2" until I see some info about it;
what specifically we can transfer. When it was an expansion it was assumed that you could transfer everything.
But can we transfer all our characters with their current stats?
What about items? All those on us and in our gogo?
What about our apts and not just the one we have set to gr to...I mean all of them? Especially the anti-city and their city apts?

Then if the lack of advertising continues the game is going to be in the same state as it is now with a lack of ppl on each server....where the hell is the advertising?

Pfehh
04-08-04, 20:58
That's a good question. How will us anti-city people handle transferring apartment loads of items that are in NC proper? Trying to run past copbots and all enemy factions 30 times to transfer a couple apartments worth of items doesn't seem like it'd fly. And the GR system is so crap as it stands, you certainly couldn't use that, unless it has major modifications. Even with that, though, some city apartments will be pretty much unreachable by the anti-city factions.

Honestly, to just answer some common questions, without going into too much detail, without even posting screenshots, would only take about an hour or two for someone to type up. This is most definitely not asking too much.

RaTMaN McCruel
04-08-04, 21:00
Q5 - Where the hell is our community rep, Ratman??

[ ] - On holiday in Barbados [ ] - He's here hes just shy [ ] - We don't know

i am here,
but i cant give answers where nobody else will give. ATM i am trying to find some candidates for a pure englisch assistance or a second comrep to get a closer contact.

-Demon-
04-08-04, 21:13
Anyone remember my post?

Here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=104592&page=15&pp=15)

Over 400 votes, 248 replies and 4,326 views and 15 pages later...not a single reply from a dev.

Personally KK I'm waiting...but I got a really bad feeling about this. If theres a wipe at doy theres bound to be one at the next expansion pack..oh I mean NC3 that makes it all ok then :rolleyes:

-FN-
04-08-04, 21:27
I can't say anything here that hasn't already been beaten to death, but I agree. I also am baffled by my So... Advertise Much? post.

Are they too busy with Beta to even read the forums? Or reply? When was the last time MJS even thought about updating the .plan files (http://www.neocron.com/index.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=41)? Everything, the forums, the advertising, their website, everythign is just stagnant right now, and it just feels like nobody in a position to change that, gives a shit enough to.

And also I feel bad for the Mods here who are really only here to moderate what's said on the forums and have no real position of power to reply anythign official or even make something happen. You guys do good work, esp with the negative bunch of village rioters we have here, myself included. Kudos.

gostly
04-08-04, 23:32
I can't say anything here that hasn't already been beaten to death, but I agree. I also am baffled by my So... Advertise Much? post.

Are they too busy with Beta to even read the forums? Or reply? When was the last time MJS even thought about updating the .plan files (http://www.neocron.com/index.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=41)? Everything, the forums, the advertising, their website, everythign is just stagnant right now, and it just feels like nobody in a position to change that, gives a shit enough to.

And also I feel bad for the Mods here who are really only here to moderate what's said on the forums and have no real position of power to reply anythign official or even make something happen. You guys do good work, esp with the negative bunch of village rioters we have here, myself included. Kudos.

agree ^^ main thing im wondering is how do they expect to increase server populations if their is absolutely NO marketing going on 4 weeks from release?...or is it an extended 4 more weeks in 4 weeks?...BDoY doesnt live up to the hype and all the excitement, then it'll be bye to NC from alot of disappointed players

Zaq
04-08-04, 23:38
Hi ratman nice to see ya

(was just kidding about the shy bit btw :p )

Genty
04-08-04, 23:45
I think there is a direct correlation between the amount of people whining and the amount of responces from KK.

MrChumble
04-08-04, 23:47
I think there is a direct correlation between the amount of people whining and the amount of responces from KK.

Yup there is.

Replies = Number of complaints x zero.

Vampire222
04-08-04, 23:51
i am here,
but i cant give answers where nobody else will give. ATM i am trying to find some candidates for a pure englisch assistance or a second comrep to get a closer contact.

i'd be glad to help out, i can understand german so german communication to me would be no problem...

Tomalak
04-08-04, 23:53
Might as well keep on playing Neocron, I'm betting until December-January..There is no real reason for the complete and total lack of information..insane security?Not to the point they've been displaying. Face it.They've got nothing.. I will be honestly surprised if Neocron 2 comes it when it is supposed to. Either they are hiding somewhere, pulling out their hair because NC2's not ready on time, or they're Learjetting their way to the nearest tropical tax shelter as we speak. Sorry for being negative, but prove me wrong and I'll stop. My accounts are coming due in 3 weeks, I'm not really inspired to renew them.

The Ottoman
05-08-04, 00:13
Speaking of lack of info it's nearly a lack on communication all together. I've sent 2 e-mails to NC Support about my character one to account@neocron.com and another to helpdesk@neocron.com, neither have replyed...If they won't answer an e-mail from one person, they ain't gonna answer a loads of questions from a community...

Hmmm, less then a month ago i had some problems with two of my characters. Within a few days the problems were solved.

Chaos81
05-08-04, 01:35
Might as well keep on playing Neocron, I'm betting until December-January..There is no real reason for the complete and total lack of information..insane security?Not to the point they've been displaying. Face it.They've got nothing.. I will be honestly surprised if Neocron 2 comes it when it is supposed to. Either they are hiding somewhere, pulling out their hair because NC2's not ready on time, or they're Learjetting their way to the nearest tropical tax shelter as we speak. Sorry for being negative, but prove me wrong and I'll stop. My accounts are coming due in 3 weeks, I'm not really inspired to renew them.

The basis behind Scientific Method is that you can't prove anything - you can only disprove it. So I ask you to prove it to me. :)

There really is alot we don't understand (for one because we dont have answers), but im willing to bet if we could physically see what was going on with KK we'd go "Oh damn!". Any Germans from Deutchland want to help? ;)

And KK isn't here to give excuses as to why they aren't giving us answers. Just let them do thier job and flame them if you don't like it when they are done.

Wank3r
05-08-04, 01:44
Hmmm, less then a month ago i had some problems with two of my characters. Within a few days the problems were solved.

I seriously hope I get my problem fixed! I'm missing a character, and I'm feeling reluctant to use my other characters because if they replace my character to where it should be, then they will end up rolling back my account. It's happened before when I lost a character, but thankfully a very sexy GM replaced what I lost because it was his birthday :)

If my character isn't replaced this time I will lose about 20 techs, an MC5 part, 20 mil, a PP resistor and a MOVEON...pray for me! :(

coppertop
05-08-04, 16:19
Maybe its just me, but does anyone else wonder why they need an NDA for the beta when its basically an upgrade for a game thats allready been going for close to 2 years now. I seriously hope that its not because the 'new' game Neocron 2 is just as bugged as the 'completely different' game of neocron.