PDA

View Full Version : Why oh Why

NeoChick
04-08-04, 02:09
had another look at MMORPG.com just now. The flashing ad for Neocron 2 is gone now, replaced by Ryzom.

In the list below that ad, present Neocron is listed at rating 6.7.
Int he list of upcoming games, Neocron 2 is NOT listed at all.

[ edited ]

Point I am making is, Why Oh Why is Necoron 2 such a 'non event' in the MMORPG world when it is the best upcoming game??????????

Organics
04-08-04, 02:12
Seems to be happening alot, yes?

:(

Damned shame. I'd HATE to see this game sink under due to lack of subscribers. That would really suck. I intend restarting as soon as I get more time to play.

Jailbird
04-08-04, 02:13
I think they are planning to advertise for KK once its released since now its pretty too late to advertise its release.

Organics
04-08-04, 02:15
O_o

lol. Isn't the whole point of advertising to bring in people BEFORE the product is released?

The advertising has sucked, I haven't seen any banners or adverts anywhere I've been, either online or off.

Ascension
04-08-04, 02:20
TBH im tired of these threads.. and i mean no dis-credit to the peeps posting them, im sure nearly every single customer is feeling the same and sitting there things WTF!?

I dont think us posting about it will fix it, we shouldnt be worry about publishing/ads, If KK really cared they would do something, wish as you will..

But MJS's Rolex is ticking.. oh wait he has 3 maybe one has a dead battery lets hope Neocron isnt timed by that one eh? :(

Kaden
04-08-04, 02:20
If the game was open beta then sure, however it's not and there's a lot of secret talk about it, would you wanna advertise a game that really you knew shit about?

No one wants to look stuipid....

The other game is out in sep.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Richard Slade
04-08-04, 02:21
At times, like this, companies tries to eep as much people away until the actual release date, just because I don't think they want people to see what NC1 is atm..
that or they're just plain stupid

Kaden
04-08-04, 02:22
At times, like this, companies tries to eep as much people away until the actual release date, just because I don't think they want people to see what NC1 is atm..
that or they're just plain stupid

So either very smart, or very stupid.

:)

<3 Slade

Organics
04-08-04, 02:22
Yeah but that surely can't explain the lack of adverts and media as a whole?

Mr_Snow
04-08-04, 02:29
The thing is if they hype now they will see the current version of NC with all its bugs and such but if they wait until a week or 2 before the release they can show beta screenshots which will be hopefully alot less buggy and alot better looking then NC is. You also have to take into account that the release is going to be staggered with a German and net release on september 1st(hopefully) and god knows when its going to hit the shelves in the rest of the world, but hopefully before it does it can be advertised and hyped.

Can a member of the german community camment on how good or bad the marketing in German has been?

Dirk_Gently
04-08-04, 02:52
The game that shalt not be mentioned seems a blatent (and I mean BLATENT) rip off Neocron with a little bit of SWG thrown in, and a pure fps combat system without standard rpg levelling.

Everytime I see anything about that game I am absolutely staggered by the nerve the developers have to produce something so close to NC. Maybe that amount of front gets you hype.

Celt
04-08-04, 03:35
The game that shalt not be mentioned seems a blatent (and I mean BLATENT) rip off Neocron with a little bit of SWG thrown in, and a pure fps combat system without standard rpg levelling.

Everytime I see anything about that game I am absolutely staggered by the nerve the developers have to produce something so close to NC. Mybe that amount of front gets you hype.Like neocron was original :rolleyes:

Messiah, Judge Dredd, shadowrun, syndicate, blade runner, omikron the nomad soul, fallout, wasteland.

The "other" game seems to be focusing on cyberpunk, whereas neocron went more for post apocalyptic.

Mr_Snow
04-08-04, 03:35
Dude its based on cyberpunk just like NC is thats where most similarities come from and I think the reason they cant be mentioned is because they decided to use the name Brainport for their ideas section.

Dirk_Gently
04-08-04, 04:42
Erm three of the factions in that one are The Brotherhood, The Mercs and The Guardians, then you have some corporation factions and the government ones. Could be a factor in kk not being happy either.

Mr_Snow
04-08-04, 05:10
Wow I play EVE and there are mercs(called mordu's legion), guardians and all sorts of corperations and governments doesnt means they they ripped off KK.

In any game your going to find similarities if you look for them especially if they are based upon the same game like NC and the game which cannot be mentioned are.

Dirk_Gently
04-08-04, 05:12
Wow I play EVE and there are mercs(called mordu's legion), guardians and all sorts of corperations and governments doesnt means they they ripped off KK.

In any game your going to find similarities if you look for them especially if they are based upon the same game like NC and the game which cannot be mentioned are.

Go look at the website and you'll understand.

Mr_Snow
04-08-04, 05:18
Ive read the website a while ago and I dont see any real idea stealing from them, the brotherhood is basically a cult, no psi powers not used to rule the city so no relationship there, mercs are mercs, cant remember the guardians story, are they rebels whos leader was mates with the main governments leader who was then backstabbed?

Dirk_Gently
04-08-04, 05:22
Ive read the website a while ago and I dont see any real idea stealing from them, the brotherhood is basically a cult, no psi powers not used to rule the city so no relationship there, mercs are mercs, cant remember the guardians story, are they rebels whos leader was mates with the main governments leader who was then backstabbed?

I was merely using that as an example. You are being rather naive if you think that of all the words in the English language you would end up with Brotherhood and Guardians as two of your factions totally autonomous of any other game. Psionics is the worst part of Neocron so that would hardly be taken, they also wouldn't directly lift things or they would get in rather alot of trouble. The air is heavy with the influence of Neocron.

On there forum Neocron is mentioned on virtually every other thread, it's funny.

(Pure FPS combat system based around player skill not char skill though.....scary)

Mr_Snow
04-08-04, 05:24
Because every other person who posts on those boards is a current or ex-NC player, I know atleast 2 GMs for that game who still play NC on a regular basis.

Dirk_Gently
04-08-04, 05:25
Because every other person who posts on those boards is a current or ex-NC player.

Yes because that's who the target market is.

eric-the-ded
04-08-04, 06:00
probably not allowed to talk about stuff like this here, but in my experience, both face of yaddayadda and ryzom kinda suck. i had high hopes for both until i actually saw them in action.

yadda looks slightly better than the current neocron but it has even less features. all it has going for it is a massive timesink of item creation. by "massive" i mean it can take 3 real life days to make a noobish gun. nc2 should have little trouble blowing this one outta the water.

ryzom looks neat and has interesting monster AI, but if it has a 14 day trial it'll take you those 14 days just to figure out how to make your character do stuff. took me almost an hour just figure out the damn chat and i still never got the hang of it.

btw. out of boredom i decided to set up a trial account for swg. i've only been in it for a day but so far all i gotta say is nc truely is > swg.

Spy XX
04-08-04, 07:05
Can a member of the german community camment on how good or bad the marketing in German has been?

Well there was a 10 pages Preview in PC Games(a german PC Gaming Magazine).

Duine
04-08-04, 08:01
had another look at MMORPG.com just now. The flashing ad for Neocron 2 is gone now, replaced by Ryzom.

not a biggie, since Ryzom sucks.

ryzom looks neat and has interesting monster AI, but if it has a 14 day trial it'll take you those 14 days just to figure out how to make your character do stuff. took me almost an hour just figure out the damn chat and i still never got the hang of it.

I have exactly the same experience with this game while I was in beta.

jini
04-08-04, 08:06
But MJS's Rolex is ticking.. oh wait he has 3 maybe one has a dead battery lets hope Neocron isnt timed by that one eh? :(

If anyone of MJS's Rolexes had batteries, then MJS would be really worried! Swiss watch with quartz?? ouch
btw take a look: http://www.tagheuer.com/basel2004/monacov4.lbl what do you think?

notneo
05-08-04, 12:59
maybe face of yadayada is nc2?? they both have the same release date and arnt they both by german developers??

this is all a cunning plan,and this is why there will be an item wipe cus all the weapons/drops will not be compatible when we all get face of neocron cd dropping om the door mat