PDA

View Full Version : Neocron On Linux

uber java
03-08-04, 18:58
I know this has been asked a few times, but all the threads I've found on it were either old, or german.

Has anyone successfully been able to run Neocron on Linux? If so, how?

Jest
03-08-04, 19:34
Dude, it barely runs on Windows. :p

Archeus
03-08-04, 19:58
WineX should do it. There was a website listing people trying to get it to work. you will have to search through the forums.

Magic Sausage
03-08-04, 19:59
I wonder what a FRE would look like in Linux... Post screenies if you get neocron to work kay :D

Possessed
03-08-04, 20:08
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=70415&highlight=winex+neocron
Search is a wonderful thing. From memory I believe they managed to get it to log in, but there were some display problems or something like that... been awhile, they might've gotten closer since then.

uber java
03-08-04, 20:44
WineX has changed names to Cedega, Anyone know where I can get it?

ino
03-08-04, 21:03
No idea where to get it google/linux is your friend.

And I dont think anyone has actually made a sucessful playing of the game under linux yet. the fonts are messed up so you dont see any text.. Maby some of the ppl developing the winex or former winex will take the thumb out of their ass and try to make it run Neocron that would be so great. Or the best thing port Bdoy for linux :) Comon devs I know you want to..

uber java
03-08-04, 21:12
In Cadega or whatever its called now, they totally redid the font rendering, so the fonts should work now.

I know WineX you had to pay for (for the compiled binaries), or the Free Version of WineX (source code you have to compile yourself (same code as the pay bins)).

Rixeh
03-08-04, 23:31
It doesn't work. I've tried the compiled version from source, last CVS of WineX 3.2, the supposed binaries that make NC run from the german website, and the actual real-deal-honest-to-god RETAIL version of cedega/Winex.

Don't even waste your time. Like they said, NC barely runs on WINDOWS, and WineX is junk.