PDA

View Full Version : Can I get some clarification on this please.....

Ivory
03-08-04, 16:17
As most people know Doy will be coming out on sept 1st and KK have said that there will be a database wipe or something along those lines just on the day Doy is released. My account is expiring at the end of this month and I'm planning to reactivate it once NC2:BDOY comes out. But what I need clarification on is will my account be deleted if I dont reactivate for at least one more month after my account expires, cos I hate to see my ppu and also apu being deleted once doy is released :( .

An official response for this will be nice :)

Lexxuk
03-08-04, 16:18
if i remember rightly they are only deleting accounts that have been inactive for 3 months or more.

Xylaz
03-08-04, 16:20
BDOY will be coming out on september the first?

really?

who wanna bet?

Original monk
03-08-04, 16:29

really?

who wanna bet?

depends on whats the offer :D

btw i dont know if the accounts get deleted a 100% sure, i also heard the 3 months period like lexxuk told ya but with all the rumours about doy im not sure about anything nomore :/

for me personally the itemwipethingie is the most important (to make myself clear: i dont want one okay :P) ... but we still dont have a 100% plausible explenation about it :/ or i didnt read it yet :)

Candaman
03-08-04, 16:37
but we still dont have a 100% plausible explenation about it :/ or i didnt read it yet :)

of course not do u think people would bother to play nc anymore between now and doy if they told u everything u own is gonna be deleted

Ivory
03-08-04, 16:48
thats why i need an official response for this. I read something about inactive accounts being wiped but technically my account will be inactive for a month until Doy is released but I didnt see anything about it been inactive for 3 months as lexx said, I'm sure it said inactive accounts.

Capt. Rik
03-08-04, 16:51
The community have been asking for an official response for weeks. Nothing will be said until B:DoY is released. KK don't want to lose any business throughout august

Organics
03-08-04, 16:54
Says on the main page where you cancel account, that account stay active for 3 months. In general though in most MMORPGS, the account is kept active for ages.

My UO account is over 3 years old, and it's been deactivated and still there. If it was active the whole time it'd be 4 years old now.

(edit: it did when I deactivated my accounts anyway, but obviously I can't check it anymore :p Pity really, too much going on r/l so can't spare the time to play)

Ivory
03-08-04, 16:55
well i make sure this thread stay at the top of the list until an official response is said. I swear if my account is deleted because of inactivity come sept 1st..................

ezza
03-08-04, 16:55
The community have been asking for an official response for weeks. Nothing will be said until B:DoY is released. KK don't want to lose any business throughout august
thou they are doing there best to lose business, what with saturns missions and lag every week amongst other things.

KK couldnt give a flying fuck about the vets in this community

Capt. Rik
03-08-04, 16:58
thou they are doing there best to lose business, what with saturns missions and lag every week amongst other things.

KK couldnt give a flying fuck about the vets in this community

I agree with you there Ezza, that's why i've not logging into NC for 6 weeks. I'm playing SW:G until DoY comes out and then i'll decide what I want to do.

Jest
03-08-04, 17:00
well i make sure this thread stay at the top of the list until an official response is said. I swear if my account is deleted because of inactivity come sept 1st..................Nah Ivory Im pretty sure you are safe. After all they havent deleted a single char yet so far. They said they will delete them come BDoY but with the whole character transfer thing, they will most likely give a month or two for people to transfer their stuff no matter how long they have been inactive.

[TgR]KILLER
03-08-04, 17:19
they don't like giving out info.. i e-mailed 6/7 KK staff members.. not just mods.. and 0 of them replied back.. i want some damn info on whats gonna happen with DOY comming out.. apparments moving( TH / TG ) or item whipes. 0 info @ all

Bozz-Von Mel
03-08-04, 17:22
I never saw an "official" response. I am not taking chances I have cancelled until I see DOY released and everything I had intact 100%. I figure if there is going to be some changes, alot of what I do now is for nothing.

Candaman
03-08-04, 17:56
I agree with you there Ezza, that's why i've not logging into NC for 6 weeks. I'm playing SW:G until DoY comes out and then i'll decide what I want to do.

copycat

Alice
03-08-04, 18:04
what I want to know is, what new things will DOY bring, that isn't just a modification of stuff in NC?

I'm bored of the game, but I have to stay because my friend who signed up, decided to go for the 1 free month + 3 months signup. (IDIOT!) Now I'm stuck here for four months =\ It's all the same stuff. Level Level Level, occasional Epic, but once you've done the main ones, it's easy to do them on different characters, and if you are good at it, all that's left is PVP. Which i'm not good at. No RP, no debates in game, the only thing you hear that's interesting is when people sh*t talk about kills/being killed.

It's just like Diablo 2 was, and I am praying *PRAYING* that DOY brings in fresh new things for people to do, otherwise I don't care if it's the best thing since sliced noob, I'll be gone.

CarniFlex
03-08-04, 18:07
why not email helpdesk bout it?

im sure they cna tell you whats the situation.

Xylaz
03-08-04, 18:20
As tough as it is, i think you will be dissapointed as many other people out there.
Truth is, bdoy is just a few enhanced graphics and maybe a little more stable servers (doubt it though) - the problem is that people desperately *want* it to be a miracle. It wont be. If u are bored with NC you'll get bored with BDoY as well. Of that i'm 100% sure.

There will be no roleplay other than it is now, which means no 'enforced' roleplay, no 'encouraged' roleplay, no storyline (unless KK starts to pay GMs), no events. If someone want to roleplay he can do it every time and every where as long as he find the appropriate people (eg. phoenix on pluto)
There wont be many new people because they will get pked and quit just as it is now. There will be exactly as little survivors as it is now.

My point is - dont expect BDoY to be some sort of a miracle. It wont repair anything really. There will be low pops, syncs, fres, pkers etc - everything as it is now. Its just a way of providing a little more money to KK's funds. It'll be just an enhanced NC, nothing more.

Still, if u enjoy NC now, you'll enjoy the BDoY as well.

Judging from those posts above, i'm just a little worried that after BDoY release half of the current NC population will quit because they imagine BDoY as a cure for every single problem out there... Take a little more rational attitude please.

Ivory
04-08-04, 00:03
ho-hum

looks like there hasnt been an official response, i mean its only a simple question of yes there will be a database wipe on the day or no dun worry about it u'll get time to transfer ur character. Again i dont want to wait till the day when Doy does come out and if my account is inactive find its been deleted. :(

If kk guys dont want to post it here I understand, but can u pm me and let me know cos I personally dont want to risk anything right now especially my beloved PPU.

Chaos81
04-08-04, 03:22
As tough as it is, i think you will be dissapointed as many other people out there.
Truth is, bdoy is just a few enhanced graphics and maybe a little more stable servers (doubt it though) - the problem is that people desperately *want* it to be a miracle. It wont be. If u are bored with NC you'll get bored with BDoY as well. Of that i'm 100% sure.

There will be no roleplay other than it is now, which means no 'enforced' roleplay, no 'encouraged' roleplay, no storyline (unless KK starts to pay GMs), no events. If someone want to roleplay he can do it every time and every where as long as he find the appropriate people (eg. phoenix on pluto)
There wont be many new people because they will get pked and quit just as it is now. There will be exactly as little survivors as it is now.

My point is - dont expect BDoY to be some sort of a miracle. It wont repair anything really. There will be low pops, syncs, fres, pkers etc - everything as it is now. Its just a way of providing a little more money to KK's funds. It'll be just an enhanced NC, nothing more.

Still, if u enjoy NC now, you'll enjoy the BDoY as well.

Judging from those posts above, i'm just a little worried that after BDoY release half of the current NC population will quit because they imagine BDoY as a cure for every single problem out there... Take a little more rational attitude please.

Why is everyone so fatalistic? I doubt you have the info to back up that it won't be good to be "100% sure". I'm not saying that it will be awesome, but it seems every day someone is jumping the gun....

..i..DemonX
04-08-04, 03:36

really?

who wanna bet?

I dotn wanna bet anything! I real would bet 300k on Oil then on NC2 out the 1st September! I mean in fact we not got any pre order mail yet! That says all!

TheGreatMilenko
04-08-04, 03:43
[ edited ]

..i..DemonX
04-08-04, 03:53
[ edited ]

We still live in 1200? WTF is up with u ppl? GAY, Homo, Bi = NOTHING BAD !!!! GDI GET IT!!! ITS NORMAL LIKE A MAN THAT LOVES GIRL!!!! FOR GODS SAKE DONT BE SO DAMN IGNORANT!

TheGreatMilenko
04-08-04, 07:19
We still live in 1200? WTF is up with u ppl? GAY, Homo, Bi = NOTHING BAD !!!! GDI GET IT!!! ITS NORMAL LIKE A MAN THAT LOVES GIRL!!!! FOR GODS SAKE DONT BE SO DAMN IGNORANT!

i dont really have a problem with Bi-sexual people jus gays and im not ignorant i know wtf i am saying

Richard Slade
04-08-04, 09:11
i dont really have a problem with Bi-sexual people jus gays and im not ignorant i know wtf i am saying

You don't have a problem with bisexual people,
but with homosexual? O_o
Did it ever occur to you that bisexuals actually do what homosexual people do..?
YES that includes MEN.