PDA

View Full Version : Need help with neocron character creation...

Magic Sausage
03-08-04, 14:58
I want my guys name to be

Magical Talking Piñata

But I don't know how to make the ñ while typing in neocron.

Can anyone help me out here?

Chaos81
03-08-04, 15:11
I don't know that they allow ASCII characters anymore.

Neocrons_coward
03-08-04, 15:38
I want my guys name to be

Magical Talking Piñata

But I don't know how to make the ñ while typing in neocron.

Can anyone help me out here?

How did you do it in forums??? Try doing that in game... :P has that solved ya problem hehe :D

Organics
03-08-04, 15:47
Think you can still use ASCII characters and such for now, but I believe they'll be changed to normal names when DOY comes out. As in, Magical Talking Pinata.

ezza
03-08-04, 16:38
I believe they'll be changed to normal names when DOY comes out. As in, Magical Talking Pinata.

well that name would be allowed anyway, since its 3 names, sounds like you can have 2 at most with DoY

Organics
03-08-04, 16:52
Oh yeah, true. Forgot about that :D

Think its Name name. in that format. Capitalized for first name, not for surname. Better really, fucking annoying trying to grab names that have ASCII and symbols in them.

Magic Sausage
03-08-04, 17:01
How did you do it in forums??? Try doing that in game... :P has that solved ya problem hehe :D

Well the only way I was able to get the funky N to work in the forums was to go to www.dictionary.com get the pinata definition and the example, then copy and paste it from that.

I was just wondering if it was possible for me to use that for my name... I see people in neocron typing in text the funky german u with the dots over it.

So it would be nice to have my pinata dreams come true. :p

Organics
03-08-04, 17:04
Can't see why it wouldn't work, just don't expect it to be there for long :) The name will probably get shortened to two parts as well.

Magic Sausage
03-08-04, 17:07
Well sense you can't copy and paste I r teh screwed...

I thought It would just be interesting to have a funky name.

I could always have my name be Talking Piñata or Magical Piñata if only 2 words are allowed.

I just want the ñ... can't i just have my ñ and be happy?

Neo LoneWolf
03-08-04, 17:10
Normally, to get such characters, you hold down the Alt key, and type in the ASCII (or full Unicode) code for it.

You can find these out by using the Character Map in Windows, or just do a quick Google.

For ñ, it's Alt-0241.

However, it appears that the font used in Neocron doesn't support many of these characters, so you're probably out of luck.

ezza
03-08-04, 17:10
to get ñ on here you just alt 0241 on num pad, however dont know if that works on neocron

bah beaten to it

Cypher_Psy
03-08-04, 17:12
You can make that symbol by holding alt and typing 164 on the keypad.
But you cannot do that during character creation anyway (yes I tried).
Anyhow, it would make DM'ing you stupidly hard, and you would probably miss out on trade opportunities due to people unable to type your name :D
ñññ

Magic Sausage
03-08-04, 17:13
Damn.. it doesn't work.

Oh well... Thanks for everyone help

I will never have the ñ...

This thread can now be closed all mighty mods...

Again thanks everyone.

greendonkeyuk
03-08-04, 18:20
might sound daft but maybe they have a foreign keyboard? i personally didnt realise there were foreign keyboards till i went to a lan party in belgium but then thats jus my ignorance i guess.