PDA

View Full Version : Monk Resist Question

Crest
03-08-04, 09:05
Ok so how does this work. If I put a chip in that gives me -20 to force (And I have nothing in resist force) the stat is 0 with no negatives. I then put my armour on and it give +50 to force.... Is my overall forcesetting +50(-0 from chip +50 from armour) or +30 (-20 from chip +50 from armour)

Shadow Dancer
03-08-04, 09:09
+50

Bah, message too short.

The gimptroller takes away con stat only. Not like kami that takes away total resist.

phunqe
03-08-04, 09:35
The gimptroller

lol :lol:

WebShock
03-08-04, 09:37
lol

try being a hybrid with the "gimptroller"tm a apu kami a psi core and a ds,,,,

LOL sure you can use a HL but all you will be able to use is a TL 3 heal.

Crest
03-08-04, 09:48
+50

Bah, message too short.

The gimptroller takes away con stat only. Not like kami that takes away total resist.

So if I use a Kami its like running around naked, but a Exp Chip 3 is only against my setup in str ????

phunqe
03-08-04, 09:50
So if I use a Kami its like running around naked, but a Exp Chip 3 is only against my setup in str ????

Correct.

Carinth
03-08-04, 17:04
You have 3 relevant values here, Armor Force, Armor Pierce, and Str Force Resist. All together these values decide how much to reduce piercing/force dmg done to the player. The gimptroller takes away 20 force res, if you also have a pp resistor you'll get +15 (i think thats how much it adds). Under Str you'll have a net force res of +5. Though it doesn't display negative numbers, it does actualy treat the value as if it was negative.

However in your example, you are talking about Armor Force and Str Force Resist, which are not the same. You'll end up with 0 (-20) Force Resist under Str and +50 Force under Armor

ps. I came up with Gimptroller(tm) !

Crest
03-08-04, 17:09
You have 3 relevant values here, Armor Force, Armor Pierce, and Str Force Resist. All together these values decide how much to reduce piercing/force dmg done to the player. The gimptroller takes away 20 force res, if you also have a pp resistor you'll get +15 (i think thats how much it adds). Under Str you'll have a net force res of +5. Though it doesn't display negative numbers, it does actualy treat the value as if it was negative.

However in your example, you are talking about Armor Force and Str Force Resist, which are not the same. You'll end up with 0 (-20) Force Resist under Str and +50 Force under Armor

ps. I came up with Gimptroller(tm) !

So if my Armour was say +130 or 160 for energy and I through on a psi Kami ... with -200 energy I would be a dead man when a CS got off first shot ?

cause effectively -70 on energy ?

Carinth
03-08-04, 22:23
So if my Armour was say +130 or 160 for energy and I through on a psi Kami ... with -200 energy I would be a dead man when a CS got off first shot ?

cause effectively -70 on energy ?

Yep : ) Kami apu's rely on high health and high runspeed. Or you can be like shad and do drivebys on a hover : D

Also, you could make the case that the best defense is a good offense. Killing your enemies before they can respond is a good way not to die.