PDA

View Full Version : Daily rant

MrChumble
02-08-04, 21:56
Todays headline at the Daily Rant

KK in [edited] shock!

So anyway I was trying to rez my poor lil PE, who had died to an FRE because KK [edited] each morning before doing any coding.

I roll into PP with my PPU. Only about 10 people attacking me. Like some sort of [edited] idiot I've decided to stay in City Mercs, despite almost every other PvPer joining CM hostile factions. 10 isn't too bad.

I begin my rez. It's all going pretty well, I've spent a lot of time on my setup and spent literally months getting my spells made. I have earned the right to rez people under extreme pressure.

Until some [edited] apu comes along. KK of course [edited] APUs up the [edited] every night, which is why they have anti-buff. I'm forced to break off my rez. Ok so maybe 10 v 1 is slightly insane odds to be able to survive, but it doesn't make anti-buff any less annoying. I still pray for my holy Drop All Ammo spell.

Having given up on rezzing, I throw a few heals around. I get anti-buffed many times but I've managed to progress my skills to "not totally useless" so I don't die.

Then I FRE.

And log in dead.

KK please for the love of god stop being so [edited]. If BDoY is half as [edited] as NC is then I'll have to conclude you [edited] with sheep, learnt to code on an [edited] made of plastic inscribed with "for ages 5-8" and couldn't fix an [edited] if your life depended on it.

I am slightly annoyed. Infact I'm very annoyed. I am so sick of losing items which represent days if not weeks of work because, frankly, CoDi can't fix a goddamn FRE. He can do so much shit hot stuff, why the hell can't he fix a bloody FRE :(

Why do we put up with this rubbish? Why do I still pay for so many accounts. We want to believe that BDoY will be great, that it will fullfill the promise that NC made to us so many years ago. But does anyone actually, from the bottom of their heart, not secretly think they're going to FRE within 5 minutes of logging into BDoY?

KK can I have my 100k, I can put it toward the 5 mil cost of a decent new holy heal.

Jest
02-08-04, 22:01
Yah nothing is as bad as a FREing on a PPU and logging in dead. I hate that.

Barak
02-08-04, 22:03
Couldnt happen to a more deserving guy ....

:D

cRazy2003
02-08-04, 22:03
Yah nothing is as bad as a FREing on a PPU and logging in dead. I hate that.

nothing is as bad as FREing on any class and logging in dead :p

THE_TICK!!!!
02-08-04, 22:07
damn that sucks m8...i hate it for ya..if i was around and you where on uranus..i would hook ya up with a new one

Noodle
02-08-04, 22:10
that was pretty funny :p

noticed u were standing up when u died, but tbh, the FRE wasnt the reason :angel:

MrChumble
02-08-04, 22:11
that was pretty funny :p

noticed u were standing up when u died, but tbh, the FRE wasnt the reason :angel:

Well when I had an FRE I'd just been anti-sheltered and recast shelter, and had a heal. So I'm pretty damn certain I wouldn't have died if I hadn't FRE'd.

Jonax
02-08-04, 22:18
KK can I have my 100k, I can put it toward the 5 mil cost of a decent new holy heal.

5mil for a Holy Heal???

I need to start selling my BPs for more :wtf:

ichinin
02-08-04, 23:38
5mil for a Holy Heal???

Yeah.. Finally getting use for those slotenhancers i got..

steweygrrr
02-08-04, 23:46
5mil for a Holy Heal???

I need to start selling my BPs for more :wtf:

Nah more like 2.5mil on Uranus we have our economy nailed ;)

Noodle
03-08-04, 09:23
Ey, you didnt even drop a heal, it was a antiparashock spell :lol:

Richard Slade
03-08-04, 09:26
Hey almost every single edit in there can be translated the words "masturbation" in some form. (i.e masturbated masturbates masturbater)

phunqe
03-08-04, 09:30
I've been thinking about this lately...

Basically, when the server looses contact with the client, your avatar stills stays in game for like 30 seconds.
This was introduced to prevent people just quitting the client when they were about to be PKed.

Well... is this so much of a problem really? I mean if people want to be cowards, I don't have a problem with it. I would never logout if I got engaged.
To be honest I wouldn't care if anyone else did that either, since it would just prove he/she is to chicken to fight me.

What about just getting the avatar right out when the heartbeat between client and server is lost?
I think the "chicken" factor introduced if some people just logout when engaged would be more than outweighed by the fact that you don't have to worry if you FRE and when you FRE.

What do you think?

Richard Slade
03-08-04, 09:33
phunqe's got my vote

MrChumble
03-08-04, 18:36
I've been thinking about this lately...What do you think?

My god yes, that would save me so much time, money and hair. Do it KK!

Mr Kot
04-08-04, 01:29
http://www.davesdrivertraining.co.uk/Neocron/fre.jpg TM

"KEEPING YOUR MBUTTON2 WORKING SINCE 2002" TM

Save the FRE !! You'll miss it when it's gone!! :D

Richard Slade
04-08-04, 02:17
@Mr Kot
No worries, I'm working on a randomizer that turns your current program straight off and pops a FRE
Will be converted to work perfectly with NC2

Chaos81
04-08-04, 02:59
Well disappearing from the game immediately is a nice solution, but I don't see how it would make the game better.

You either have a PPU who FRE'd and loses Holy Heal

-or-

You have a PPU who auto crashes his game when near death in a 10v1 battle.

Do you think that people who rant about losing items WOULDN'T do that? Why don't we just stop items from dropping. :rolleyes:

[EDIT] This just in from the mod desk...
Purposefully crashing your game is an exploit. Everytime that you FRE you must now submit a screenshot with a proper timestamp or be banned.

TheGreatMilenko
04-08-04, 03:28
[EDIT] This just in from the mod desk...
Purposefully crashing your game is an exploit. Everytime that you FRE you must now submit a screenshot with a proper timestamp or be banned.

LMAO LMAO LMAO HAHAHA THATS FUNNY SHIT
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

well i guess there just trying to make a FRE last longer :rolleyes:

edit: btw isnt exploiting mean using a bug to a advantage?
because Alt+F4 isnt a bug

Chaos81
04-08-04, 03:38
LMAO LMAO LMAO HAHAHA THATS FUNNY SHIT
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

well i guess there just trying to make a FRE last longer :rolleyes:

edit: btw isnt exploiting mean using a bug to a advantage?
because Alt+F4 isnt a bug

I dunno...we might have to ask Microsoft about ALT+F4...it might be a bug after all. :-P

TheGreatMilenko
04-08-04, 03:42
I dunno...we might have to ask Microsoft about ALT+F4...it might be a bug after all. :-P

ya i always wondered why it was there :p
like if you press all your key board buttons at once it goes BEEEEEEEEEEEP

seraphian
04-08-04, 19:45
Hey almost every single edit in there can be translated the words "masturbation" in some form. (i.e masturbated masturbates masturbater)

Well now we know what's on your mind all the time :p :lol:

so that's the secret to your PvP uberness, really strong wrists