PDA

View Full Version : wierd error that wont go away

SPIKE (pluto)
02-08-04, 21:29
Ok this occured to me a few minutes ago

Gr'ed to el farid, got a huge lag spike, then nc died and returned to my desktop. At first i thought it was a FrE and so i relaunched nc and was about to get my stuff back from a gr (i was dead on return) and the error occured again.

Ran file check several times and each time, nothing, reinstalled nc, no change. No error messages are given when it occurs, no warnings and the lag has stopped apearing now, I've scanned for spy ware/virus' and found nothing

The only thing that has the same effect as this is the format bug but i have not formatted yet. So in conclusion anyone know how to fix this, it has me completley stuck :(

Neocrons_coward
02-08-04, 21:33
Wonder whether its the bug im about to complain about.... Yet again uy cud break wind and id moan about that lol... There has to be one and i sadly got blessed with it :P hehe Nope no ways m8 u tried downloading AVG anti virus? better than norton plsu last night thety hit reset button coz we went on strike and Mr im a gamemaster get me out of here popped in to say ello and to inform us we had to wait the equavlent time as we do in the A&E department of the local hospital (6 HOURS)

the moany one

SPIKE (pluto)
02-08-04, 21:35
Im using avg atm, its updated completly, just found out one of my mates is experiencing the same problem

Juht
02-08-04, 23:38
Since there were some server issues last night, I'm not sure if your problem is server side or client side. I didn't want my progress yesterday whiped, so I logged off and haven't been on yet today. But basically, GRing really messed with people last night.

Can you log a char on another server? Or perhaps have another account for Pluto? Just curious, most likely your client if you can't log any chars. If you can get on another server with a char, then it's probably something with your char and would need some GM attention.

SPIKE (pluto)
03-08-04, 17:15
there is a nasty virus going around atm called 'parite' which could be causing my problem. Its now effecting far cry and ut 2004 which makes this liable cause, only problem is its hard to get rid of, so im gonna need a good version of stinger, anyone have the link for it?