PDA

View Full Version : Construction, slots, xp... Just my opinion about it...

Endar
02-08-04, 14:20
Well I belive that you should be able to level up with tradeskills alone. And the leveling speed shouldnt be much slower than with killing mobs.. Anyway whats the point of not being able to level up with tradeskills anyway? Its not like people would start capping theyr SPYs with tradeskills and then LoM. Why? Because tradeskills wont level up your PSI or CON, so you would be quickfood for the mobs the rest of your life. And besides, if you have been capping your SPY with tradeskills for 2-3 weeks, who would want to LoM that great conster char anyway :)

So why not to give us more XP for constructing.

Why not to give it based on TL of the item? How about 2/3 or 3/4 from the TL of the item * 10? So you would get 66,6xp or 75xp from TL 1 item, 666xp or 750xp from tl 10 item and 66666xp or 75000 xp from tl 100 item? That sound pretty much fare to me. Since constructing tl 100 item is going to take a while even with high constructing skill it wouldnt be unfair would it? Or maybe the XP should work differently depending of the TL of the item:

You would get 3/4 for TL 1-25
You would get 2/3 for TL 25-50
And would get 1/2 for TL 50->

How does that sound?

Then the slots:

I think you should be able to get ONE 5 slotted if you construct 100 copies of a weapon. That should be like 1% chance, then the uber 5 slotters would be rare right?

Well 4 slotters are kinda rare too (or should be in my opinion). With a 4 slotter you can but all 4 weapon mods to it (one ammo and rest of the stuff). So I think 5% chance of getting 4 slotter wouldnt be too bad.

3 slotters are, well kind of a common weapons. There are 3 slotters in the game (and should be) but not everyone has one. How about 10% chance?

The 2 slotters, backbone of the noob community. With 2 slots you are able to make a bit more damage, but it aint as hard to get as 3 slotter. 20% chance right? So if a newbie wants to get 5 weapons done he would atleast get a one 2 slotted :D

One slotters... The weapons that just piss you off... You know it COULD have been a 2 slotter or even 3 slotter, right? Aww what the hell, atleast you can but a ammo mod in it... Well not much of worth anything, except that lil bit more damage... But you are not going to sell one for big cash because no one wants to have 1 slotter... 25% chance would be about right...

So lets see:

Slots chance%
5 1%
4 5%
3 10%
2 20%
1 25%
0 ~40%

Thats sounds fine to me, what do you guys think?

As for the rares rules could be different. I never have constructed rares tho so im not going to make suggestions about it :D

Then the chemicals:

Have you recently tryied to make a lazar gun? It takes Weapon Part 1 & 2 & 3 to make, and it sells for ~100cr at YOs (you cant sell it anywhere else). Its not like you should get rich quickly by researching and constructing items, but PAYING for trying to level up a pure tradeskiller sound crazy to me. Now I always have thought this this way:

When you construct a item from shop bought Weapon Parts and sell it to stores, you should get back about as much than the Weapon Parts did cost = No profit (well over tl 25 items you could get like 20cr more because of the grease you have to buy).

But if you decide to buy chems and create the Weapon Parts by your self, you should get like 1/3 profit from selling it to shops. So if you construct a item that needs 300cr to be made from Weapon Parts, you should be able to construct it for 200cr from the chems. So you would make 100cr profit from the item.

Well that may sound like a much but it really is not. You need to buy more datacupes, better tools and get better TL items to be constructed.

So you wouldnt get much profit from being a tradeskiller, but as a combat char you get some spare cash. So it wouldnt be unfair would it?

So to sum it up, you would be able to lvl up as a tradeskiller about as fast (maybe little bit slower) than as a combat char, you wouldnt get as much profit and you prolly wouldnt be able to be a combat char EVER.

That sound fair to me. And it would give better image of NC2 to being able to be a pure tradeskiller, not just a combat char :angel:

ichinin
02-08-04, 15:01
Like the new XP, XP suck for tradeskillers. Dont like slots, prefer them random (or whatever they are now) so you can - in theory - maby build 100 of an item and get 5 x 5 slotters.. or zero.

Endar
02-08-04, 16:17
Great! This is the first time someone actually answers to the posts I have made :D

BTW this is the THIRD time I have made a post about tradeskills, I dont think no one ever have read my two last posts (no idea why, maybe the community hate me for some reason?). So PLEASE reply!

Jailbird
02-08-04, 18:08
The thing is ph34r the macroers !!

allthough ya its a great idea. One thing i liked in SWG was that if you wanted to be a Master Architecht then you must build houses and factories.. if you wanna be a Master Chef you must cook.. etc. and also you can be a pistoleer while ur an architech and to do so just pull a pistol and start killing.

am not sure why i stopped playing it though :p

Lareolan
02-08-04, 22:24
Yeah, I AM a tradeskiller, but I dislike the ideas and I think right now is fine enough. Would be nice if they upped the xp a little bit, but "66666xp or 75000 xp from tl 100 item"... Sorry, that's just ridiculous and I'll tell you why. On a BAD week I build about 1000 high TL (90 - 100) weapons, that's not even including building some of the more expensive parts for them. Do you think it's ok for someone like me to get 70mil xp per week? LOL! Yeah, you REALLY need to rethink your strategy, otherwise everyone would make a tradeskiller, build stuff for a week and then lom and be ready to fight (yeah they won't have con or psi, but that's not an issue, int and dex are the hard ones to really cap). And I said 1000 items on a BAD week, on a good one it may go even higher!

So no, bad idea, tradeskill xp was boosted in the last patch and I am relatively happy with the way it is now. It's actually rewarding, but it's not ridiculously unbalancing amounts of xp.

Jailbird
02-08-04, 22:41
making it give 100k+ xp on ONLY rare weapons would be good enough since it takes more than 1 day to collect all parts for a rare.

Endar
03-08-04, 12:39
"You would get 3/4 for TL 1-25
And would get 1/2 for TL 50->

How does that sound?" -Endar-

Then How about that one? You didnt notice that did you? 50k for a TL100 item. Anyway if you have tryied to lvl up a pure tradeskiller you would agree to the
You would get 3/4 for TL 1-25
part :rolleyes: Its quite obvious that you lommed your char to tradeskiller so you prolly dont know what it is to try to lvl up one :)

And im not sure if it was boosted or not because i just activated my account two weeks ago, but the XP for low lvl TLs seems to suck EVEN MORE than one year ago, and one year ago it was IMPOSSIBLE to lvl up a pure tradeskiller.

And why in the hell would someone spend 2-3 weeks on leveling up a tradeskiller (and doesnt have any CON) and then lom it to combat char when you can cap a fecking spy in 1week+ ?? Just tell me whats the point in that...