PDA

View Full Version : It's been almost a month KK...

WebShock
02-08-04, 14:19
... and on saturn, missions are still borked.

Can we please please get a fix to this. I recently rolled a new character (about a week ago) and as soon as i popped my LE and joined a clan, BAM the mission failed, mission completed spam started.

Guess what else happened...

Out of the random missions that you get, I managed to get lucky and got about 25-30 aggie missions.
After actually completing these missions, I was actually being paid and gaining soul light for them. Guess what KK, the missions actually work! Having so many missions actually worked in my favor for once. I didnt have to leave the aggressor cellars for a few hours. No running to the citycom or anything.

Anyway, can we please unbork this? I would really like to do a epic run, or better pk until im a hunted man. Nothing was more fun that being chased by all these bloodthirst bountyhunters as you did missions to fix your soul light.

Whats worse is that we are getting noobs into the game and they are asking why the missions arent working. What do i say to that? Cuz saturn is a buggy PoS cluster that goes down more than a whore at the red light district?

I didnt know what to tell him.

Anyway, I dont intend for this to be a flame. I am just kindly asking that you ( KK ) make a little bit of time to satisfy the customers you presently have. I understand that NC2 is the hottest thing now, but hey, I have been a faithful customer for almost 2 years now? All I ask is for the missions to be set back to normal so I can actually play this game to its full potential.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

ezza
02-08-04, 14:52
this should of been fixed right away, this aint a small problem its near impossible to do missions, and that is a major problem.

spies cant level psi, monks cant level dex, tanks cant level psi.

i dont know if KK are just letting this go for another month for DoY, but its not good to let it gone on for even a few days never mind a month

Chaos81
02-08-04, 14:54
I feel fortunate as I have not seen this bug on any of my characters.

Selendor
02-08-04, 15:11
Let it slide for a month because of NC2? Acceptable

Not tell anyone anything or give any reasoning at all? Disrespectful and rude.

You know, we're not all mad exploiting pkers slating everything KK do, believe it or not, we've put a lot of money and support into this game, and recently it seems we've been paying for things to go into another game and not this one. It leaves a bitter taste when no one will come on these forums and give us some straight answers.

Where is the community manager? Is it Odin/Thanatos?

There are two things that are going to happen if we don't get a reply soon, I'm going to start pestering individuals for a response, and then I'm going to organise something in-game. These people can't block out our voice forever.

J. Folsom
02-08-04, 15:18

Not tell anyone anything or give any reasoning at all? Disrespectful and rude.
Closest we currently have to an official response on the issue. (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?p=1468556#post1468556)

WebShock
02-08-04, 15:46
you know, if the game were free i wouldnt care. I'm dishing out money. Granted its a whole 25 dollars for 3 months but come on, if this were a free beta I would deal with it. The standard is higher when you actually pay for a service that is drastically poorer than the original service we all signed up for.

What would KK do if we decided to start blowing off their ToS and acting in a manner unsuitable and below the standard of the ToS?

LOOK OUT FOR THE BANHAMMER!

Door swings both ways guys, is it a lot to ask for you to fix the missions bug? I cant deal with the crashes and disconnects. Hell after 2 years, I can say im used to FRE's and server rollbacks.

This new bug is just, well typical of a high school programmer that has no clue wtf he is doing.

I come to expect a lot more from a company who charges people for a service they provide. I know your DEV team are a crew of very talented individuals, hell it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to pull off such a great game, albeit its full of very frustrating bugs, but still enjoyable when it does work.

Mr Kot
02-08-04, 15:47
We are still looking into this bug. The guys haven't come up with a way to fix it yet, we'll do so as soon as possible.

Much appreciated. Can u just crack the whip a couple more times for us? Thanks.

The mission bug is still kinda workable, albeit with a lot of fannying about. Clear the hundred missions then relog, then grab a mission quick.

My biggest gripe on Saturn tho, is the City Mercs epic. I just can't get started. It still gives me a "Mission failed!" timeout after a few seconds. The CM epic was gonna be a quick day of a job, before switching to crahn to join my alt's clan. At the moment, im just sat here twiddling my thumbs until it's fixed. I know i could change faction now, but it will cost me another 300k then i would still have to pay 600k when it is fixed to get it done and come back. Refunding my wasted 300k for the CM switch would be a nice gesture on KK's part until the bug is fixed :p

Just a thought. ;)

Richard Slade
02-08-04, 15:47
Can't you just wait this one month now?
(Tries to figure out the way KK thinks)

ezza
02-08-04, 15:52
Refunding my wasted 300k for the CM switch would be a nice gesture on KK's part until the bug is fixed
not gonna happen

WebShock
02-08-04, 15:52
sure i'll wait. If they refund my purchase for that one month

Original monk
02-08-04, 16:54
didnt even think about it but youre right: when a newbie asks what he should do first to get some skills and money, 99% says: do missions !

this isnt that good of promotion, certainly with doy commin up

not even talking about monks dex: how to cap monks dex ?

poking ? nerfed
mellee/pistols/rifles ? slow ass
constructing/recycle ? yawn
repping ? better be carefull with how and what ya rep ...

then what to do ? MISSIONS !!!

mm, okay

Mantiz
02-08-04, 17:02
Just spam the cancle mission button, takes about 30sex and they're all gone.
Until you relog/crash......

ezza
02-08-04, 18:18
Just spam the cancle mission button, takes about 30sex and they're all gone.
Until you relog/crash......
and you think thats acceptable?

we shouldnt have to do that, this shit shouldnt happen at all

Lareolan
02-08-04, 23:31
Welcome to Neocron, the game where you pay money for a service you just MIGHT get... maybe next year?

Drexel
03-08-04, 02:37
Yer, gotta be fixed, I on a schedule, completing epics & doing missions like mad to prepare for all the goodies that DoY will bring, and now ive been fucked for a month, (dont even start me on the broken drop rate).

FIX IT !, ive got work to do. :mad:

Shadow Dancer
03-08-04, 02:38
You don't need missions to be fixed. You can RP them yourself. Just have a friend give you a package, come up with a small storyline, then deliver it to another person. Have some people attack along the way for excitement and stuff.

You want KK to hold your hand? :rolleyes:

Darkener
03-08-04, 02:43
heheh its not even the missions anymore thats bad its sitting in a zone talking to someone and they keep lagging in and out then you get the black screen of death then you come back . What good is it even trying to do missions when the city coms are broken and dont try gr some gr's dont work that or yur warped like 5 zones from were ya wanna go .

DigestiveBiscui
03-08-04, 02:44
yea SORT IT OUT :mad:

and check ya pm's dark :p

Mattimeo
03-08-04, 02:50
Doy will fix it, please be patient and wait for doy! :rolleyes:

With only a "month" to go untill "release" you REALLY think they're going to fix it?

seraphian
03-08-04, 04:26

No Selendor, no it's not

Other games don't completely stop support for the existing product because of a new one coming out, and neither should KK...

Other mmorpg companies would have this problem fixed in DAYS let alone a month, I'm getting REALLY damn sick of this and I'm real close to aking my 30 dollars a month elsewhere and not even bothering to order DoY/NC2...

wargolem
03-08-04, 04:30
Missions do work for all factions apart from CM as far as i know

keep clicking cancell 100s of times and ur mission screen will eventually be cleared and then proceed with missions as usual. Also i have noticed if i new character is made with the current patch missions basically work

the whole mission spam does need to be fixed correctly but i would prefer KK got rid of the many many bugs in nc now with NC: BDOY than in normal NC
i think we can all agree on that

40$Poser
03-08-04, 04:30
You don't need missions to be fixed. You can RP them yourself. Just have a friend give you a package, come up with a small storyline, then deliver it to another person. Have some people attack along the way for excitement and stuff.

You want KK to hold your hand? :rolleyes:

lol, clever to say the least.

FBI
03-08-04, 04:39
Honestly, Beta4 had more people, more fun....and it was free..

People are paying for retail and there is no population, no support and activity
to keep the worlds evolving... There is no point for your guys to be paying for
this game until NC2 comes out...

I think if NC was free right now, more people would come back to play the game
and consider signing up for nc2 because all their friends are back playing etc.

Although, it wont happen... It's a nice thought though. I hope MJS's rolex watch
can still tell time correctly, because neocron has reached it's expiration.

Parad0x -FBI

Mantiz
03-08-04, 07:57
and you think thats acceptable?

we shouldnt have to do that, this shit shouldnt happen at all

Never said it was acceptable, just said there IS a way to get rid of them for a short period of time. Some people make it sound it's impossible to do anything now with the mission bug.

Anyway I do believe if it was a easy fix that KK would have gotten rid of it by now.

Shadow Dancer
03-08-04, 08:06
I hope MJS's rolex watch
can still tell time correctly, because neocron has reached it's expiration.

:lol:

Oh man

Best line ever. :lol:

WebShock
03-08-04, 08:58
Missions do work for all factions apart from CM as far as i know

keep clicking cancell 100s of times and ur mission screen will eventually be cleared and then proceed with missions as usual. Also i have noticed if i new character is made with the current patch missions basically work

the whole mission spam does need to be fixed correctly but i would prefer KK got rid of the many many bugs in nc now with NC: BDOY than in normal NC
i think we can all agree on that
WRONG

I made a hybrid a week ago and i still get the bug. why should i click 100 times to cancel a mission? NO missions work for me. Even if i do click a million times i can only do 1 mission before having to relog and start all over

bs

Lareolan
03-08-04, 17:59
Anyway I do believe if it was a easy fix that KK would have gotten rid of it by now.

From over 1.5 years of experience I have with Neocron now, I can guarantee that if the fix was easy to do and only required one line changed or edited, they still wouldn't fix it for a few months. Why? I don't know. But this is KK's M.O. and they have not changed it since the day Neocron came out from what I heard.