PDA

View Full Version : Pa4 ( Whats The Point ??)

MISS WHIP
02-08-04, 11:35
Ok i have an almost capped HC tank with the best implants in the game

MC5 herc
MOVON
PP
MARINE
HARDBACKBONE 3

ETC this gives me a STR (BASE 100) of 119 without the PA3

So to use the PA4 i would have to take : beast (+5) str
x-strong (+4) str
thyrol (+3) str

so 119 +12=131 which is still short of the PA4 (135) STR
Therefore i would have to change my PP for a ZERC 3 (+5str)

and the you have it easy hey ( 136 str) :lol: :lol:

only downside is the PA4 is not much better than the camo PA3 in stats
and you will only have it on for 3 minutes until the "i cannot see im blind"
effect kicks in.

Im sure the same applies for all the classes to use the PA4 so then what is the point of having it in-game if it is so difficult to use and you have to glimp your chip setup to do so.

PS i would like to know how the hell the people used the PA4 when the str requirment was str 155 a while back :wtf:

Sigma
02-08-04, 11:37
[...]PS i would like to know how the hell the people used the PA4 when the str requirment was str 155 a while back :wtf:
Simple, they didn't.

Except to show-off

MkVenner
02-08-04, 11:38
Monk PA4 u cant actually use...PEs can jump in there's pretty easy, SPy is easies out of the 3 TL135s...they say that PA4 is only for Druggies but atm it is too high even for druggies...cept PEPA

edit i think u can get to 155 using tigers blood and NS an other rare drugs

Mr Friendly
02-08-04, 11:41
Ok i have an almost capped HC tank with the best implants in the game

MC5 herc
MOVON
PP
MARINE
HARDBACKBONE 3

x-strong (+4) str
thyrol (+3) str

only downside is the PA4 is not much better than the camo PA3 in stats
and you will only have it on for 3 minutes until the "i cannot see im blind"
effect kicks in.

Im sure the same applies for all the classes to use the PA4 so then what is the point of having it in-game if it is so difficult to use and you have to glimp your chip setup to do so.

PS i would like to know how the hell the people used the PA4 when the str requirment was str 155 a while back :wtf:

allo?...in BDoY u can train ur stats ABOVE 100 base.......mmmmk

theres many things in this game that seem odd & is confusing why they're in the game, etc. basically cuz DoY was planned to be an expansion.

Dim
02-08-04, 11:45
when the 4th PA was TL155 only GM's could use it, the 3rd PA was used to show off, 2nd PA was commonly used, all a bunch of CS smurfs.

Ryuben
02-08-04, 11:45

x-strong (+4) str
thyrol (+3) str

Kri'nakh Nightshade doesn't that add 10 str? :rolleyes:

Dim
02-08-04, 11:46
just wondering.. but can anyone remember if the MOVEON came in before the PA tl changes?
Herc was after right..?

EDIT: I think it's possible to get up to 148 STR with all zerk chips in, backbone 3 and Marine, and some drugs: Nightshade, Tiger's Blood, Thyronol, Beast and X-Strong, with a moveon that could make 150, and then could be 153 with Herc. So even with moveon and herc, there was no way for a player to get the PA4 on.

garyu69
02-08-04, 11:51
I'll occasionally wear my PA 4 on my PE, it means having to switch around my setup which makes it not as good. But i only do it to look cool!

oh and Miss Whip, drop the PP chip and put a Beserk 3 in. You need to make sacrafices. :)

Dribble Joy
02-08-04, 11:54
Erm... no.. you can't.

You can continue to gain xp above cap, but your stats remain there.
Given sufficient xp, you gain a WoC skill, allowing you to use better weapons and possibly use equipment beyond your current abilities.

Original monk
02-08-04, 11:55

we will have woc skills, i dunno how they work so i wouldnt know if they can raise youre skill above 100 ... maybe its been told before but i dunno it ..

and who tells us that they dont raise it again by then ??

i used the black pa on my tank naturally for a while and enjoyed it (it looks nice ya see) but then they raised the stats and tadaa: bye bye PA

as an extra note: i NEED (would like to have) a white pa4 cloack for my ppumonk :) (with them red eyes)

the PA4's as they are now are not used so i dunno why they are that high ... even the biggest drugwhores dont use em anyway ...

the PEPA yeah ... they can use it ... altough i dont get why :/ ... so they can use spygear yeah :/ (hint: nerf nerf :P )

Richard Slade
02-08-04, 11:57
Erm... no.. you can't.

Given sufficient xp, you gain a WoC skill, allowing you to use better weapons and possibly use equipment beyond your current abilities.

How do you know?
Can't remember seeing anything about using better weapons?

MkVenner
02-08-04, 11:59
wasnt there summink like that in the plan files? bout new equipment weapons and skills?

Dribble Joy
02-08-04, 12:00
The Wisdom of Ceres (WoC) Skills can only be attained by capped players. E.g. If a tank has reached strength 100, he can continue to gain XP. To reach the first level of WoC-strength, he will not only have to gain a lot of XP, but also find a certain artifact, as well as an NPC that will train him. WoC skills will give you access to a diversity of powerful items like weapons and tools.

Dere.

Mr Friendly
02-08-04, 12:05
Erm... no.. you can't.

trust me mortal, ur just a commoner, now go on with ur business

ezza
02-08-04, 12:09
perhaps you should read what he has just quoted above then :rolleyes:

Richard Slade
02-08-04, 12:09
!!!TESTER!!!
(sounds like it :p)

Dribble Joy
02-08-04, 12:11
This thread will explode with people who will speculate about the nature of WoC.
If the skill cap is removed, it will be very very bad indeed.

Timmy2k
02-08-04, 12:11
look monks

100 base

psicore
ds
def 2-3

=116
its impossible with this imps to wear pa 4 ^^

ezza
02-08-04, 12:13
look monks

100 base

psicore
ds
def 2-3

=116
i saw a normal player wearing it in P2 other week so it is possible

cRazy2003
02-08-04, 12:14
look monks

100 base

psicore
ds
def 2-3

=116

but pa4 requires 135str afaik for a tank.

Siygess
02-08-04, 12:14
the PEPA yeah ... they can use it ... altough i dont get why :/ ... so they can use spygear yeah :/ (hint: nerf nerf :P )

Really the PEPA 4 isn't that big of a deal - The difference between the PEPA3 and 4 is so small that, without using drugs, it makes no difference to the number of weapons a PE can use. Besides, a PE who uses equipment (rather than drugs) to get to the "Spy" weapons isn't much of a problem.. the defensive payoff means that such setups really aren't very practical.

I still miss my SH and Stealth 2 though :(

garyu69
02-08-04, 12:18
Monks

DS
PSI Core
PSI Mem Chip 3
Experimental Psi controller 3

= PSI 121
Take some drugs whip on the PA.

ezza
02-08-04, 12:19
I still miss my SH and Stealth 2 though

rerole to a spy then :p

Monks

DS
PSI Core
PSI Mem Chip 3

= PSI 121

yup, gimpage but you look l33t with purple pa on ;)

Timmy2k
02-08-04, 12:20
Monks

DS
PSI Core
PSI Mem Chip 3

= PSI 121

sry i need the ppu bonus cant imp other things in ^^

garyu69
02-08-04, 12:23
Easy enough with a Tank

Marine
Herc
Beserk 3
MOVEON
Harden Backbone 3

= 124

Few drugs and then whip on the PA which give +8 to STR. Easy enough.

Siygess
02-08-04, 12:24
rerole to a spy then

Heh, dont even joke about that :p

The only thing stopping me is the time it will take and their free membership to the Ministry of Silly Walks :D

garyu69
02-08-04, 12:25
sry i need the ppu bonus cant imp other things in ^^
You have to make sacrafices if you want to wear it. If you could get the PPU bonus and still wear it then it would be silly.

manderf
02-08-04, 12:28
well with tank pa 4... You can cap the doombeamer!!!! WOOT

Noodle
02-08-04, 12:28
I use PE PA 4 constantly with 1 drug (i use redflash and cst glove to pop it on, then its self sustaining :p), simply because its too good not to use.
i was lowtech using a titan armor setup, but now i can use beam of hell, and have equal resists to my lowtech one. If i had other options but being a black lobster, i would take them.

ezza
02-08-04, 12:29
well with tank pa 4... You can cap the doombeamer!!!! WOOT
rofl so its well worth it then :lol:

Tomalak
02-08-04, 19:34
Maybe I'm a noob, but I've always avoided the drugs, except to play around..My monk on Venus roleplayed an addiction to Crescent Tabs once..that was fun, but expensive, hard on my SL too..Drugged up and went on a PK rampage :)
I just don't like depending on something in battle, then whoops...drug flash..dead..I think..'cause I cant see what's on the screen..
I'm not even sure that I've ever seen many PA4's...I've seen the PE PA 4, Spies..I dunno..they are all black/purple? (The PE PA4 looks a bit more black than purple on my screen.) Thought I saw the GM, UnknownDevice, in a PA4, no big achievement there, though..
Wow, lot's of cool stuff in this game that we can't use!!!!!!!!!

Carinth
02-08-04, 20:13
Until the recent new drugs were introduced monks couldn't use PA4 at all. Now we can wear it if we put in a gimpy set of brain imps and drug up like crazy. The bonuses given by monk pa4 are not nearly enough to balance what you lost by having to rearrange imps. Then to top it off, once the drugs wear off your pa pops off.

In summation, you're gimped while wearing it (but you do look sexy in purple), and you're super gimped + drug flashed once it falls off. So as already said, it's only useful to strut around in a safezone with.

Clownst0pper
02-08-04, 20:15
Isa wears PA 4 as a droner, not that its any use, just looks nice, and costs a constant drug :rolleyes:

reddog
02-08-04, 21:02
Not sure where i got it from but afaik

PA 1 = Near Cap chars
PA 2 = Capped Chars or near capped with imps
PA 3 = Capped Chars with The right imps
PA 4 = Capped Chars druggin and sacrifing skills to wear basically a show - off thing

dunno for sure bought tought i saw summit like this on the forum a few months ago

Clownst0pper
02-08-04, 21:06
Not sure where i got it from but afaik

PA 1 = Near Cap chars
PA 2 = Capped Chars or near capped with imps
PA 3 = Capped Chars with The right imps
PA 4 = Capped Chars druggin and sacrifing skills to wear basically a show - off thing

dunno for sure bought tought i saw summit like this on the forum a few months ago

A dex glove and a drug and I can use PA 4 on my droner, and she certainly isnt sacrificing anything.

Freaky Fryd
02-08-04, 21:09
For sustaining PA4 on a spy:

capped DEX
+ Rigger's Dream (+6 DEX)
+ Synaptic Accelerator (+6)
+ Special Forces* (+5)
+ Special Rigger Interface* (+5)
+ Dexterity Booster* (+5)

Then, put on a +5 DEX tradeskill glove and take the +3 DEX drug.
Put PA4 on, take the glove off, and your PA4 will sustain
(127 DEX + 8 from PA = 135)

* = can be replaced with one of the other DEX imps that gives the same amount

nugz420
02-08-04, 22:21
didnt read the whole thread just first few posts.

Yes pa4 does mean taking out your pp for a zerk3 and using 3 drugs to equip.

But in order to keep it equipped is pretty easy it only takes beast to keep it on.Beast is a 10 min drug so its easy to manage.So it is very easy to keep the pa 4 equipped while fighting.Just gotta watch your drug icon once it starts to fade you pop another beast 10 more min of pretty black pa.

So it is pretty easy for a druggie tank to wear pa4 in fights if they choose to do so.Which is the way I think KK meant it to be.

As for monk pa4 with creseant tabs not being avalible you cant really wear pa4.(Unless you play venus where black dragons just have to go to there secret HQ with the right things and give to a guy and for 50k he makes yuou some)

Rest of the pa 4's are able to be worn for combat situations.

Carinth
02-08-04, 22:43
didnt read the whole thread just first few posts.
As for monk pa4 with creseant tabs not being avalible you cant really wear pa4.(Unless you play venus where black dragons just have to go to there secret HQ with the right things and give to a guy and for 50k he makes yuou some)

Rest of the pa 4's are able to be worn for combat situations.

Maybe you didn't notice all the nice +psi drugs available now : ) You don't need crescent tabs anymore. Try Kirshnak Mushrooms, Nightspider, and Demoral (i think thats the +4 one). All together you can get 136 psi, and if you feel like a lil more flash there's a +3 psi drug too, so all together you can have 139 PSI.