PDA

View Full Version : Freezers, thoughts compilation

phunqe
02-08-04, 10:30
I've been thinking of ways to to something about the freezer situation.

Currently, they do take away a lot of the PvP enjoyment. Even if I play PPU I usually wait until the other side uses one, especially in PP or other places where it's PvP "for fun" so to speak.
On my experimental hybrid, I don't even use a para spell even if I can.

Even if a freezer would turn the fight in your favour, the general consensus seems to be that they ruin the fun.

So, here is a compilation of a couple of solutions to see what people really want. Please add if you feel something is missing :)

PvM only: Make all the freezers non targetable on runners, or make the crahn glove have like antifreeze+1 which negates all freezes. All uses this glove in PvP, so it won't need an extra imp slot or gimp you in any other way.

Stack anti drugs: Let the anti drugs stack in your QB. A stack by 4 seems reasonable. Maybe it could even be extended to an higher amount.

Bind anti drugs to hotkeys: Make anti drugs in the inventory boundable to a hotkey. Eg. Ctrl+1.

Benjie
02-08-04, 10:53
Reduce the weight to practically nothing, then leave them as they are.
There not overpowered, and they're usefull (with the exception of HL) but some of them way far too much to be worth it.

phunqe
02-08-04, 10:57
I noticed I typed wrong in the poll.. instead of "stack in inventory" it should read "stack in quick belt".

Noodle
02-08-04, 11:01
i say remove them completely. we dont need a rare spell to freeze bats in chaos caves. becuase if its not used in pvp, thats all its gonna be used for.

Shadow Dancer
02-08-04, 11:06
PvM only

BTW, from my experience the melee freezer is EQUAL in power to holy paralysis. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. The difference is the melee freezer can be spammed alot more. o_O@kk

Anyways I vote for PvM only.

Nasher
02-08-04, 11:09
Remove them completely, that includes the PSI versions :)

phunqe
02-08-04, 11:11
To clarify, this list includes all PSI versions as well.
I used the term "freezers" as a collection name :)

Sigma
02-08-04, 11:27
Remove "PSI-Freezers" and replace the "WeaponFreezers" with Railguns.

Except the the MeleeFreezers, change them to pure EnergyWeapons, to electrocute people.

amfest
02-08-04, 11:31
Except the the MeleeFreezers, change them to pure EnergyWeapons, to electrocute people.

pure energy melee weapon ..heh .. .

But knowing how things turn out it'll most likely end up more powerful than HL

Sigma
02-08-04, 11:35
pure energy melee weapon ..heh .. .

But knowing how things turn out it'll most likely end up more powerful than HL
With lower Freq. and Range.

Dribble Joy
02-08-04, 11:42
I am ferverently against para, I loathe it.

Any and all forms of shocking renders an opponent virtually unable to fight back.

Where speed was once no defence against peoples aim, para means that the para victim cannot target the shocker, in addition the victim is reduced to a crawl where even the most hopeless of people can strike them without effort, also rendering their ability to escape null.

PPUs do not NEED para, noone NEEDS para.

Get rid of it, no drugs, no resist psi thing, no special armour or 'para-stealth'.
Free up those QB spaces for something that might just (shock horror) help make the fight FUN (heaven forbid).

cba writing stuff again.

Nasher
02-08-04, 12:30
Yea make freezers purely streams of electricity and call them "electrocutioners" :D

Mr_Snow
02-08-04, 13:35
Make all non psi ones into pure energy weapons and remove the psi ones.

WebShock
02-08-04, 14:27
I used to be a big freezer fanboi myself.

Once holy paralysis got nerfed to the way it is now, i was happy. Then melee tanks got strong and no matter how many drugs you have in your quickbelt your ass is grass since the tank has infinite amount of shocks.

If not to remove the thunderbolt (Or the lower TL rare shocker)
Make it so that it takes all your stamina to use one shock.

I agree, now that i have all classes to pvp with, freezers are just not necessary. Remove them or nerf them straight to hell.

I also really like the stackable drug in quickbelt idea.

Chaos81
02-08-04, 15:30
Make the freezer guns remove stamina from the target.

Hmm, but that wouldn't be useful with stamina boosters as they are....

I would absolutely love to see stackable drugs in the QB.