PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Anarchy Online

RayBob
02-08-04, 03:12
They have a special...$9.95 to download the full game (including the 2 expansions) and 1 month of access. It' sounds like a pretty complex game.

Lexxuk
02-08-04, 03:19
its ok, 9 bucks for the entire thing is a bonus, esp as they have the 4th expansion out soon. I got an account, which I thought expired 3 months back, turned out it expired last week or so, so i coulda still been playing :lol:

oh, ya, its got lots of content too many items/armour, lots of high level stuff, pvp in "camping" areas, pvp in op's which are level based, you can only fight someone in ur pvp level and it has probably one of the best user based support for any game ever (helpbot a helpbot in AO is made by a player, its an amazing fanbase)

Clownst0pper
02-08-04, 03:36
DAOC in space.

Sold.

Lexxuk
02-08-04, 03:36
its not in space, its on Rubi Ka O_o

Clownst0pper
02-08-04, 03:39
its not in space, its on Rubi Ka O_o

OK OK, if your being AO P/C about this lexxy.

Its DAOC on Rubi Ka :lol: :o

<3

Lexxuk
02-08-04, 03:41
with leets, leets totally rule, they talk to you dont you know, and the birds talk to you too, and if you attack a bird it threatens to get its main O_o its a scary game :(

<3 CLOWN <3

Organics
02-08-04, 03:46
I would give it a try again.

But not for $15 a month. $9.95 yeah, not 15. Pfffft

Lexxuk
02-08-04, 03:54
/me checks email...

Funcom wishes to thank you for making Anarchy Online the premier science
fiction MMORPG for three years running!

To celebrate the 3rd Anniversary of AO you have been given 3 unique keys
that will allow you to share the Anarchy Online experience with friends
and family or try a brand new account for yourself for 30 FREE days!

The keys include the Classic Version of Anarchy, Notum Wars and the
award winning Shadowlands. All keys must be activated between now and
30 September 2004, and can only be used to create new accounts.

Your Special Anniversary Keys are:

Anyone want a 30day trial key for AO? first 3 to post after this post, sayin "yay gimme key <3" gets a key!

CkVega
02-08-04, 04:10
go on then lexxy poos, I'll have one

Garg [RogueNET]
02-08-04, 04:37
yay gimme key <3

Lexxuk
02-08-04, 04:41
all gone now <3

Garg [RogueNET]
02-08-04, 04:42
*humps Lexxys leg*

RayBob
02-08-04, 05:10
:mad: I want one. Grrr...my thread and I didn't get one.

CkVega
02-08-04, 05:28
Mmmmm leets, they taste so good

Richard Slade
02-08-04, 09:19
Concrete cushions,
my main income in that game
Gotta love the humor they have, it's THE game I would play if it wasn't PCC...
And not to forget the burgerstands in the middle of nothing
with a badass guard standing right be side
Or that castle.. Whatever the name was,
in a valley in the forest
And they got a giant pink neo sign in the air,
it's hilarious the first time
Just don't go jobe... Then you must face... You know it guys..
THE SHADOW LEET OF POWAH!!

Agent L
02-08-04, 10:59
yeah, leets rule, when I was in newbie area I said to Luc "let's pwn those l33ts" and leet answered "p34r me" : D
Is that normal behaviour or just a gm took controll over mob?

Richard Slade
02-08-04, 11:00
yeah, leets rule, when I was in newbie area I said to Luc "let's pwn those l33ts" and leet answered "p34r me" : D
Is that normal behaviour or just a gm took controll over mob?

Perfectly normal :D

Gevrik Halfdead
02-08-04, 11:04
AO was released before DAoC. You should call it 'EQ in Space/Rubi Ka' if anything.

When AO came out, it was a major disaster, think Neocron times ten in regards to bugs. It was so bad, that Funcom had a really hard time to keep the game alive, but they managed to get their act together like one year into retail and now AO is a nice, content rich sci-fi MMORPG game. For those desperate people who stayed during their launch and retail problems, they introduced a rare item called the 'Pioneer Backpack', which makes your avatar a bit taller and gives some skill and stat boni.

I have one on both Rubi 1 and 2, I might think about selling them if anyone has a nice offer? ;)

The leets, eleets and reets talking is something that Funcom kept in-game since beta. In the beginning it was just made to test their scripting stuff, but became so popular with the beta crowd, that it stayed ingame as kind of a trademark of AO. ;)

Conduit
02-08-04, 12:24
it has probably one of the best user based support for any game ever (helpbot a helpbot in AO is made by a player, its an amazing fanbase)

<3 Kuren.
I've been trying to get him to try neocron for about 2 years; dropping hints and sending him links every once in a while, but so far without much success :(
Mind you, he's been doing the same thing to me with AO and it hasn't worked yet. :lol:

Maybe i should try it.