PDA

View Full Version : Simple Idea for certain zones

Clownst0pper
02-08-04, 03:07
Around the TG zones, there are obviously OutPosts, with TG gaurds stretching miles from there HQ.

When a player owns Tezla, Grant, Shirkan, Cycrow generally any zones away from the HQ with TG gaurds in, the TG gaurds are replaced with those of the faction which owns the out post. simple.

It would be boosted defence, and also save the insane hassle of having to stealth past them, even though you own say Cycrow.

Im unsure if this is an old idea, ive thought about it for along time, but it is really pissing me off lately :p

cRazy2003
02-08-04, 03:10
that would make it even 10 times more trecherous around OPS and TG ecspecially, and it would be annoying in op fights, i disgaree atm, but im not sure since i dont fully understand it.

Clownst0pper
02-08-04, 03:11
that would make it even 10 times more trecherous around OPS and TG ecspecially, and it would be annoying in op fights, i disgaree atm, but im not sure since i dont fully understand it.

At the moment, there are TG gaurds in the cycrow zone, on the cross roads, I propose if my faction takes Cycrow OutPost, that those TG gaurds, swop over, and turn into City Merc gaurds, for however long my faction owns the out post.

QuantumDelta
02-08-04, 03:12
Do this and remove turrets and I think it's a better system than the current one.

Isn't/wasn't something like this inplace on venus a while back?

Shadow Dancer
02-08-04, 03:12
I'll take it a step further and say it should be like that for every op.

Then you would truly have to be careful traveling the wastes if you enter an enemy op. ;)

Do this and remove turrets and I think it's a better system than the current one.

x2

Clownst0pper
02-08-04, 03:14
I'll take it a step further and say it should be like that for every op.

Then you would truly have to be careful traveling the wastes if you enter an enemy op. ;)

x2

Yeah thats what I mean - LOL, just cycrow is a good example :D

Ryuben
02-08-04, 03:17
At the moment, there are TG gaurds in the cycrow zone, on the cross roads, I propose if my faction takes Cycrow OutPost, that those TG gaurds, swop over, and turn into City Merc gaurds, for however long my faction owns the out post.

Only problem is some Faction gaurds are so much > others......so for some it would be a bit of a dispointment.....

Shadow Dancer
02-08-04, 03:18
Only problem is some Faction gaurds are so much > others......so for some it would be a bit of a dispointment.....

Kinda true. Tsunami/BD guards out in the wastes, their not exactly scary. lol

Maybe give them 2 weapons. Flamethrower for upclose, and something else for distance.

cRazy2003
02-08-04, 03:19

Maybe give them 2 weapons. Flamethrower for upclose, and something else for distance.

remove them from all over PP and at the entrence and i wouldnt mind it :p

Clownst0pper
02-08-04, 03:20

It isnt really a security thing, its more of "OH SHIT IM BEING OWNED IN MY OWN ZONE BY AN ENEMY WHICH SHOULDNT BE THERE"

would make moving around the zone so much more...relaxing :)

Shadow Dancer
02-08-04, 03:22
I'm saying it should be a security thing too. Might also stop 3 man ninja hackers. :p

It would be scary to cross a zone owned by Crahn. :eek:

Ryuben
02-08-04, 03:25
personally crossing a CA owned op would suck ass cos there rifle = no range limit.......and depening on agro.................well lets just say owned huh ?

Clownst0pper
02-08-04, 03:25
I'm saying it should be a security thing too. Might also stop 3 man ninja hackers. :p

It would be scary to cross a zone owned by Crahn. :eek:

It would be very exciting.

Personally, replace turrets with the guards, and have them placeable, but you have to hire them ;)

Sigma
02-08-04, 05:43
Around the TG zones, there are obviously OutPosts, with TG gaurds stretching miles from there HQ.

When a player owns Tezla, Grant, Shirkan, Cycrow generally any zones away from the HQ with TG gaurds in, the TG gaurds are replaced with those of the faction which owns the out post. simple.

It would be boosted defence, and also save the insane hassle of having to stealth past them, even though you own say Cycrow.

Im unsure if this is an old idea, ive thought about it for along time, but it is really pissing me off lately :p
But this wouldn't do you any good, you still have to stealth past the guards, because you can only PK there if it's owned by BD... :rolleyes:

amfest
02-08-04, 06:21
why not just have the guards removed if it isn't TG owned or one of their allies.

eldiabloz
02-08-04, 08:40
Guards intesad of turret is a good idea but not 120/120 guards, a little nerfed guard ;)

The old 80/80 should be great :)

Darkener
02-08-04, 09:52
na whats the point in doing that the Tg guards are there for rp reasons . No point changing the story now and hey were the guards are they would be no use .