PDA

View Full Version : My tweak list for apus

Shadow Dancer
01-08-04, 08:50
I think APUs need a few tweaks.

Here's my list.

1. Random damage needs to be fixed. It's a little out of hand. I wrote down some numbers over the past few days to get an idea of the highs and lows of random damage. Here's what i noticed. 35 was the lowest damage I got so far on a headshot to a tank. 150 was the highest I got on a headshot to a tank. Both happened quite a few times. I also noticed how bad or good a fight can go if I get low random damage(or high) on the first 2-3 hits. For example in one fight the first 3 hits were 42, 46, and 41. C'mon what's that? :p In another fight the first 3 hits were 140, 113, 110. That was like in the first 2 seconds too.

I propose 2 changes. The first is to increase the minimum and decrease the maximum damage HL can do. The 2nd is to give apus a reticle. I just think making the damage completely random(instead of based on how tight a reticle is) is well a little off. Also, it makes fights between apus rediculous. I *HATE* fighting apus. Just far too much luck involved. If I get unlucky and get a couple of low random damage hits while he scores mega damage, i'm going to get owned. And vice versa. And it has nothing to do with skill. Or very little at least.

2. LOS LOS LOS! Make beam spells shoot forth from the caster's hand and not come down from the heavens. Can anyone really disagree with this? I'm sure everyone at one point or another has been hit by an apu like 50 times even though they were behind cover. The beam striking your ass from the heavens is the problem. I never get hit by a gun like this, it's always an apu. Cover actually works against guns. :rolleyes: Just make the spell like the beam of Ravager or something. Or make it like the beam those enlightened preachers use, you know the fire beams they shoot at you.

3. Lack of healing seriously needs to get sorted. Medkits are crap, and they are heavy too. They take faaaaarrrr too long to heal, and sometimes they don't heal the amount they are supposed to. I click a medkit and it heals like 10 points only. :rolleyes: I usually used to suggest apus get a heal they can't run/cast, or a leech spell, or something. But a much simpler solution would be boosting medkits. I didn't want that solution before, because I felt it could be too powerful combined with a TL 3 heal on other classes, but Rai Wong's thread gave me an idea. How about boosting the power(and speed, for the love of god boost the speed) of medkits, but making them stop when you get hit? That sounds good. Another suggestion would be a "heal cluster" much like the ppu's soul cluster. :p

So what do you think of my list?

Rate my thread. :p

Necrosadistic
01-08-04, 09:13
Apus cause a huge amount of damage compared to teh otehr classes - they pay for that by not ebing able to heal.

They have PPUs for that...

Same with random damage... Its payback for teh maximum damage being so high...

However, monks should have a reticle, as its way too easy to spam HL's or whatever as you don't even have to aim properly... And line of sight does need to be fixed too - it's a;most like an exploit shooting people from behind walls etc.

Shadow Dancer
01-08-04, 09:23
Apus cause a huge amount of damage compared to teh otehr classes -

They also have incredibly crappy defense compared to other classes. I don't see how a minor heal will hurt.

They have PPUs for that...

Then people complain when so many apus don't go anywhere without a PPU. :rolleyes:

I don't see why apus should be the only class to require a PPU up their ass.

Same with random damage... Its payback for teh maximum damage being so high...

Huh? I think you got the impression I was making it out to be a bad thing, or a mark against apus. I don't think it's bad or good, just too extreme.

seraphian
01-08-04, 09:25
Ohnoz! you actually need a bit of luck to win a fight, not a pure mathmatical slugfest...

APUs also never miss, and they don't burst fire. If you look at the average damage on a CS (based on damage per hit X number of hits) you'll see a deviation curve too, rarely do they do max damage (4 hits) they usually do 1-3, so they have random damage too, same with every other gun, save maybe an HL and an SH...

I agree they need a recticle, and hitting someone who is in cover is a boarderline exploit (especially when a bug allows you to get a target box through a door, wall, ground, ect. and you still can nail them) but if they get a recticle, add more range to compensate (making HL true LOS would be cool, but you'd have to balance it somehow, maybe with much longer cast time)

some spells (multi-bolts, lances, balls) are blocked if you don't have a clear 'shot path' to the target, I'd make all direct-fire APU (basically everything but Halos and HL) fire that way too. It would also fix a common mob fighting exploit, especially in the aggies

DonnyJepp
01-08-04, 09:30
1. yes to fix random, no to reticle. They should just fix the timing and misfires so that if you can't hit something, you don't cast or spend the mana. It's bs that when something steps out of range, or out of aim, you just keep casting and spending mana without hitting anything.

2. no, APUs will drop even faster if they can't shoot over hills and such. Although I would support removal of 3rd person entirely if they could fix the 1st person "nipple cam" so that you really look out your eyes instead of your nips.

3. no, but they need to add a TL 35 medkit :p

Shadow Dancer
01-08-04, 09:38
Ohnoz! you actually need a bit of luck to win a fight, not a pure mathmatical slugfest...

Riiiiight........

(making HL true LOS would be cool, but you'd have to balance it somehow, maybe with much longer cast time)

Can you elaborate? What do you mean "balance it somehow"? How is true los something that would require balancing by making their cast times longer? No los>los. So i'm not sure what you mean.

some spells (multi-bolts, lances, balls) are blocked if you don't have a clear 'shot path' to the target, I'd make all direct-fire APU (basically everything but Halos and HL) fire that way too. It would also fix a common mob fighting exploit, especially in the aggies

Yea but they would have to be faster. If it's too slow it'll be too easy to dodge apu attacks.

Although I would support removal of 3rd person entirely if they could fix the 1st person "nipple cam" so that you really look out your eyes instead of your nips.

8|

3. no, but they need to add a TL 35 medkit :p

As long as it heals this century. :p

seraphian
01-08-04, 09:40
2. no, APUs will drop even faster if they can't shoot over hills and such. Although I would support removal of 3rd person entirely if they could fix the 1st person "nipple cam" so that you really look out your eyes instead of your nips.

Being able to shoot at someone without them being able to shoot back is utter shite though... I'd make HL true LOS, if you can see them, you can hit them, but being able to hit them if you can target ANY part of them for a center hit (IE if you catch the edge of the box, you still do torso damage with an APU spell) and the fact that under the current system there are many times where your box extends beyond where your body is, and it can even stick through walls, especially in some areas (aggie cellars anyone?) I'm a bit sick of being toasted by an APU I can't see or target....

but yeah, the nipple cam needs to go, not hard to do, add a
+ (Model_Height / 2)
to the graphics algorhythm.

-=Dredduk=-
01-08-04, 10:07
3. Lack of healing seriously needs to get sorted. Medkits are crap, and they are heavy too. They take faaaaarrrr too long to heal, and sometimes they don't heal the amount they are supposed to. I click a medkit and it heals like 10 points only. :rolleyes: I usually used to suggest apus get a heal they can't run/cast, or a leech spell, or something. But a much simpler solution would be boosting medkits. I didn't want that solution before, because I felt it could be too powerful combined with a TL 3 heal on other classes, but Rai Wong's thread gave me an idea. How about boosting the power(and speed, for the love of god boost the speed) of medkits, but making them stop when you get hit? That sounds good. Another suggestion would be a "heal cluster" much like the ppu's soul cluster. :p

So what do you think of my list?

Rate my thread. :p

i agree! its very annoying using medkits that go so slow. It makes me want to go hybrid and im sure thats why 70% who go hybrid do that because the medkits are god damn so slow.

Freaky Fryd
01-08-04, 11:25
- YES! Give APUs a reticle (or at least take away the ability to target body parts)

- NO to heal! Medikits are fine
Not casting heal is the price you pay for going apu. I know APUs that solo'd cave run after cave run and hours of pk'ing without dying. It's all about being smart and choosing the proper targets/terrain/cover

- YES! Give APUs Line-Of-Sight for more of their weapons!

MjukisDjur
01-08-04, 11:37
Must be my monk then but spells fizzle like shit in fights.
Adding a reticle on top of having low con... isnt that a bit harsch?
The LOS issue I can agree on though.
I think pistol spies, well everyone will own monks then if they got enough runspeed. The thing is that after about 5+ shots you got no energy left and must wait.
Other classes dont even have to run then and just can rip you appart while typing hrrhrrr

Clownst0pper
01-08-04, 12:16
Shadow, Can I ask why youd want APU's to have a reticle?

The others I agree with, but you cant have APU's having one, and PPU's not now can you?

And the healing aspect.

APU's should have a drain spell. Simple ;)

Freaky Fryd
01-08-04, 12:21
The others I agree with, but you cant have APU's having one, and PPU's not now can you?

They have to at least remove being able to target specific parts of the body then...
I can't just briefly run my targetting over someone's head and get a headshot with my rifles, I need to actually wait for the reticle to close to "guarantee" a headshot shot...

Clownst0pper
01-08-04, 12:32
They have to at least remove being able to target specific parts of the body then...
I can't just briefly run my targetting over someone's head and get a headshot with my rifles, I need to actually wait for the reticle to close to "guarantee" a headshot shot...

They have no use for aiming as they dont use sight they use there mind.

Freaky Fryd
01-08-04, 13:04
...and their mind isn't targetting anything?

Whether they're using their mind or a gun sight, they still need to select a target. Unless of course, it takes no concentration to pick a target and focus their will on it.
The way I see it, they still need to be able to target and concentrate enough to pick a person/item that they won't just fizzle on. If it didn't take any mental concentration to find a target, then they'd have an aimbot built into their spells...

How would the reticle fit in the storyline? We already know that the Crahn gauntlets are needed because their powers/minds are weaker than their predecessor's were...now the reticle will be necessary due to further genetic weakening...

enigma_b17
01-08-04, 13:06
"The 2nd is to give apus a reticle"

finally a use to actually use handling mods in a spell :D

SorkZmok
01-08-04, 13:27
5 stars.
I completely agree.

Rade
01-08-04, 13:34
Yes the los needs sorting, yes a reticle which the damage is based on would
rock, yes medikits which heal faster but are purely used to heal _between_
fights would be fair for the APUs. We have discussed similar things in the
past and I havent changed my mind one bit.

Great ideas, 5 stars.

Birkoff
01-08-04, 13:36
I was KAMI apu for like 3 dies while lvling a bit. Went to -42 SL twice and -16 a few times and didn't die once whcioh was weird. I didn't see a problem with meds. U can't heal mid fihgt ok but thats y ur apu.... Munch to meds while hiding in a GR or something and u get health real fast.
Killed all classes.... to many at TH but hey.... don't see a problem and the no reticle thing is part of being apu IMO same as the no LOS.

A leaching spell might be kewl as it would lwoer ur damge for the time ur trying to get Health back.

Saza
01-08-04, 13:44
Alright, here's my idea - no idea whether it would work or not.

Instead of giving APU's a reciticle, give them a "power meter". This would make APU's a lot harder to master, but would make them a very different style of fighting to every other class.

This power meter has three "zones". Blue, green and red. The APU has to hold down the moue button and release it. When he releases it the spell is fired. It's power is determined by the zone it lands in.

If the monk only holds down for a short amount of time, it lands in the blue zone and does little damage.

If the monk holds down for a decent amount of time, it lands in the green zone and does a decent amount of damage.

If the monk holds it down for ages, it lands in the red zone and does a devastating amount of damage, but some of the damage is transferred onto the APU.

Perhaps for barrels, holding it down increases the area in which the barrel covers.

This would remove the element of point and click.

Sleawer
01-08-04, 14:14
Some posters are funny, they say....

- Yes to reticle, so is harder to aim
- Yes to remove random damage, so damage is always constant and predictable
- Yes to LoS, so people can take cover from an APU
- No to a TL-3 heal... right, and all the above yes? way to go

Oh, remove locational damage, and I will hear the "nerf HL" screams from here.

Anyway Shadow, I agree. Those changes are much needed... perhaps a Life Drain spell would fit better than a heal tho.

Marx
01-08-04, 15:12
5 stars.
I completely agree.
Me too - lovely stuff.

Mr_Snow
01-08-04, 15:27
It's all about being smart and choosing the proper targets/terrain/cover

- YES! Give APUs Line-Of-Sight for more of their weapons!

These 2 coments I think are funny, the reason apus can solo caves and pk without dying are because they dont use line of sight so if you take it away from them they will take damage and will need to heal themselves.

To prevent anyone from stating that apus should have ppus with them, no they shouldnt because nobody in the game should have to require another person to level if they want to solo for a while.

Dribble Joy
01-08-04, 15:38
Not sure about the medkit thing, making them too strong could see PEs and tanks using them to supliment the tl3 heal (and the sanc that the PEs stack on top :rolleyes:).

I would be in favour of the removal of the PPU req on the tl3 heal.

MrChumble
01-08-04, 15:53
Sort random damage - yup yup. I'd sort this for every single attack. PvP ability should be based on your setup, your equipment and your skill...not some call to rand(). Forget the slot god, just pray that the seed for rand() is in your favour.

Give all monkeys LoS spells - long past due. Really, why hasn't this been in from day one? There's no good reason why apus (or ppus) should be able to drop spells on people they can't see.

Reticle. No. If APU gets reticle then PPU will no doubt get one as well. It's a bitch already trying to get a heal on the right person in an OP war with all the lag, warping, and just general bedlam of combat. With a reticle it would be impossible. I suppose this *might* encourage people to pull away from combat to get heals and buffs, but I suspect more likely they'll just shout louder on voice comms then complain longer when you don't get them healed at the exact second that's convenient for them.

I really don't want to see APUs with heal. The trade-off of having no heal is uber high damage. If that's such an issue go PE or Spy. APUs can't have everything.

Generally I agree with you. Monks need an overhaul, and have done since they took the nerf bat to hybrids. As ever I'm hoping NC2 does more than it says on the tin and addresses issues like this as well.

Tomalak
01-08-04, 17:28
That would be sweet, a life-leech spell..You cast it first, like a damage boost, and then attack..The more damage you do the the target, the more life you gain...
I wouldn't mind a halo spell that is viable for combat, anybody ever die from an energy halo?

ROZZER187
01-08-04, 17:56
An aiming reticle for apu's and ppus??? o_O

i can see where this is goin and people do have a good reason to suggest this but if apu's have the aim reticle then its less points for psi use meaning they cant run cast spells and loose fre with them.

and for a ppu they will loose rezz time, im pure psi use on my ppu and it takes me 30 seconds to rezz a runner.

Shadow Dancer
01-08-04, 18:34
It's all about being smart and choosing the proper targets/terrain/cover

No it's not. It's about abusing 3rd person+no los.

thx

I don't see why apu should mean that we shouldn't get a heal at all. No one has come up with a proper reason why we should heal so incredibly slow. What about tanks? They get 2nd best dmg and 2nd best defense, should they have no heal as a "price"? Why does it have to be so slow? Just doesn't make sense. Please give me a good reason why they should have such crappy and such SLOW ass healing. If someone says "no los and no reticle is the reward we get for being apu" i'm sure you wouldn't accept that.

Must be my monk then but spells fizzle like shit in fights.

That's odd. What's your rof/damage percent?

How would the reticle fit in the storyline? We already know that the Crahn gauntlets are needed because their powers/minds are weaker than their predecessor's were...now the reticle will be necessary due to further genetic weakening...

They also learn how to drain the life force of victims and transfer it to themselves, restoring health.

Yes the los needs sorting, yes a reticle which the damage is based on would
rock, yes medikits which heal faster but are purely used to heal _between_
fights would be fair for the APUs. We have discussed similar things in the
past and I havent changed my mind one bit.

Great ideas, 5 stars.

Exactly, the medkit being used between fights. I don't see why people would object to that.

@_@

Mr. Friendly I'm stealing your @_@

U can't heal mid fihgt ok but thats y ur apu...

I'm not asking to heal mid-fight. And if you say medkits heal real fast, then you're lying or you haven't used one in ages. :lol:

Some posters are funny, they say....

- Yes to reticle, so is harder to aim
- Yes to remove random damage, so damage is always constant and predictable
- Yes to LoS, so people can take cover from an APU
- No to a TL-3 heal... right, and all the above yes? way to go

Oh, remove locational damage, and I will hear the "nerf HL" screams from here.

Anyway Shadow, I agree. Those changes are much needed... perhaps a Life Drain spell would fit better than a heal tho.

Exactly. They say yes to those 3 but then say "um you're apu, U DON'T NEED HEAL OLOLOLOLO I'M GOING TO GO MAKE A THREAD ABOUT APUS WHO DON'T TRAVEL WITHOUT PPUS BTW, THEIR LAME!!! OH AND NO HEAL K?"

Tell me, how does enhancing medkits so that they can heal faster(or better) between fights hurt?

Oh and btw, I wasn't asking for a reticle for PPUs. lol.

RayBob
01-08-04, 19:52
Yes, the range of random damage is extreme.
Yes, give them a reticle.
Yes, require line-of-sight.
Heal? Make all classes hybrids... http://neocron2.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=105031

Shadow Dancer
01-08-04, 20:38
Heal? Make all classes hybrids... http://neocron2.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=105031

Oh c'mon Ray, let's stick to realistic solutions. :p

Birkoff
01-08-04, 20:41
Med kits arn't that slow.... u can solo caves with medkits.... u can heal to full of like 3.... if u want that stupidly high damage then u heal in 3 medkits... sorted....

Sit somewhere for 30 seconds and ur fine.

If u want a heal be a so called over powered hybrid.

making the hybrid the normal monk does fix trhe whole thing... u can still go apu and have antibuff and ppu and better defence but its sorts the apu and ppu thing in 1 swoop.

Shadow Dancer
01-08-04, 21:12
If u want a heal be a so called over powered hybrid.

:rolleyes:

Sit somewhere for 30 seconds and ur fine.

It takes much longer than 30 seconds. I'll even have someone record me just to show you.

making the hybrid the normal monk does fix trhe whole thing... u can still go apu and have antibuff and ppu and better defence but its sorts the apu and ppu thing in 1 swoop.

Fix the whole thing? Boosting medkits isn't some grand change to the design of the game.

Btw not all hybrids are overpowered, there's alot of good setups that aren't stupidly overpowered like a bless shelter/heal hybrid.

Birkoff
01-08-04, 21:17
It takes much longer than 30 seconds. I'll even have someone record me just to show you.
Fix the whole thing? Boosting medkits isn't some grand change to the design of the game.
Btw not all hybrids are overpowered, there's alot of good setups that aren't stupidly overpowered like a bless shelter/heal hybrid.

What a great reply... hybrid would balance everything... and its fun... ppl get a chance to set there own char up. Blessed isn't over powered....

And medkits do a lot more than u say... dont jsut roll your fuciking eys btw ...

Shadow Dancer
01-08-04, 21:25
And medkits do a lot more than u say... dont jsut roll your fuciking eys btw ...

I've been playing APU for ages, and have used medkits for ages as well. I know what they do. I still don't agree with the statement that they heal fast.

Snake EYE
01-08-04, 21:27
Nice Shadow. I have thought about a reticle on a monk before, but never beams shooting from the APU's hand...nice ideas, and would work well.

manderf
01-08-04, 21:40
i agree with most of yours shadow, random dmg is annoying as shit because its hard to judge how good your energy resist is and hl would be best one to do it with because it is pure energy. I think a los would be good, but id miss the lighting coming out of the sky during op fights! makes them seem so much more epic.

Rade
01-08-04, 21:48
Actually ppu based hybrids are stupidly overpowered in 1 vs 1, just as
always. They do suffer a bit from the PE symptom in OP wars tho, not as
useful as other classes. But heal unbalance is a discussion for another
thread, I do agree that APUs should be able to heal up faster but only
between fights, sitting waiting for a few mins between killing mobs and
whatnot is unnecesary downtime.

Chaos81
01-08-04, 21:56
Can someone calrify this for me? I though the random damage was a bug. I see my spells vary but my friends always see it as the same damage valu all the time.

Rade
01-08-04, 21:59
Can someone calrify this for me? I though the random damage was a bug. I see my spells vary but my friends always see it as the same damage valu all the time.

No the damage is random but your friends will just see the a fixed value
which is the base damage you do before its randomized.

SpawnTDK
01-08-04, 22:26
apus ok right now
we have a fuckn gay defense but a good dmg output. u only need the learn to handle your class, thats the point. most players dont know how to play there class ...

40$Poser
01-08-04, 22:46
apus ok right now
we have a fuckn gay defense but a good dmg output. u only need the learn to handle your class, thats the point. most players dont know how to play there class ...

I think the biggest nerf cry is for those apus who have a ppu attached to them or logged on a 2nd computer to buff them. Seems to be the new pvp trend at least.

Yet unbuffed apus, they are ok atm.

ezza
01-08-04, 22:53
yes, i see nothing wrong with this idea

greendonkeyuk
01-08-04, 23:28
if you want apus to heal in between fights etc what about making the medkit heal double rate when the target is stationary? i mean you could say its the apu taking his time digging thru his bag of tricks for some gauze or whatever to patch himself up. If hes running around then obviously he cant pay attention to his wounds. Tbh i think this would work with all the classes as it wouldnt be unfair to anyone and shouldnt affect mobile combatants in duels.

Other than that i cant see any issues/changes with shadows suggestions.

Shadow Dancer
01-08-04, 23:47
apus ok right now

:lol:

Just.... :lol:

if you want apus to heal in between fights etc what about making the medkit heal double rate when the target is stationary? i mean you could say its the apu taking his time digging thru his bag of tricks for some gauze or whatever to patch himself up. If hes running around then obviously he cant pay attention to his wounds. Tbh i think this would work with all the classes as it wouldnt be unfair to anyone and shouldnt affect mobile combatants in duels.

Hey that's a good suggestion too.

I don't think tweaking medkits would be too big of a change. Right KK? :p

amfest
02-08-04, 00:01
Medkits improved would be really nice as I think they are pretty much crappy.

As was suggested I still think a reticle for apu (monks?) would be good. I don't think it would take out the point and click factor either just because you have one.

The way I see it working is you do the same thing you're doing now .. just that if you just begin to target and the reticle is out the most then you do the lowest total dmg. But if you let it lock completely all the way then You do the max dmg output for that spell. And handling can affect how fast it locks in .. . . . That doesn't seem so bad does it? . ..You'd only fizzle the same way you do now, and it wouldn't be random dmg it'd be like charging up a spell for max dmg .. of course you can just whack them quickly for your lowest dmg output.

It coudl also work for heals on people but then people might cry really hard .. so I dont' know :\ . . I think it would work out well with an apu though.

SpawnTDK
02-08-04, 09:04
I think the biggest nerf cry is for those apus who have a ppu attached to them or logged on a 2nd computer to buff them. Seems to be the new pvp trend at least.

Yet unbuffed apus, they are ok atm.

its a problem with all classes not only apus. if there´s a ppu involted the fun is gone ...
fact for me is, good apu versus good tank/pe is a fair and clean fight. thats what i´ve learnd in pp.
main problems the ppus, not the apus

:lol:
Just.... :lol:

u just one of them ?
oh ok, im sorry ... :rolleyes:

Xadhoom
02-08-04, 09:07
u just one of them ?

SD = one of the best APUs ever, u = stupid. Go back to Techhaven.de and whine bout exploiters.

SpawnTDK
02-08-04, 09:13
ah the pro ... welcome n1n3 ...
if you dont have something intelligent about the thread to say be quiet. wont answer anymore on the stupid flames

Shadow Dancer
02-08-04, 09:16
u just one of them ?

Sorry, I just thought your "learn how to handle your class" comment was directed at me.

its a problem with all classes not only apus. if there´s a ppu involted the fun is gone ...
fact for me is, good apu versus good tank/pe is a fair and clean fight. thats what i´ve learnd in pp.
main problems the ppus, not the apus

I agree 100%.

Xadhoom
02-08-04, 09:17
ah the pro(tectors member) ...

err, rite

welcome n1n3 ...

wrong :( dont listen to the voices, spawn.

Ravin
02-08-04, 09:25
As was suggested I still think a reticle for apu (monks?) would be good. I don't think it would take out the point and click factor either just because you have one.

The way I see it working is you do the same thing you're doing now .. just that if you just begin to target and the reticle is out the most then you do the lowest total dmg. But if you let it lock completely all the way then You do the max dmg output for that spell. And handling can affect how fast it locks in .. . . . That doesn't seem so bad does it? . ..You'd only fizzle the same way you do now, and it wouldn't be random dmg it'd be like charging up a spell for max dmg .. of course you can just whack them quickly for your lowest dmg output.

I like this idea, as well as the stationary medpack one, but wouldn't the reticle idea be a big nerf to monks who are mediocre at aiming and a huge boost to ones that are alot better? Let me explain.. ppl good at aiming are, of course, supposed to be better than ppl who aim slower, but won't the gap be too much? I can almost see the nerf threads now.. some apu killed some other guy in 3-4 shots, and he cries nerf, while all the other apu's are like wtf.. it takes me alot more to kill someone.. etc. The gap in skill between all apu's will be too great, and as a result, all apu's will be nerfed. so now the ones that were so-so at aiming are hopelessly f'ed, and the crazy-skilled few are balanced. dunno, just a thought b4 i go to sleep.

edit for typos and clarity

phunqe
02-08-04, 10:17
Ok... I'll just strafe in with my usual PvM rebuttal point then :p

If you make all APU spells LoS, you'd have to increase their range dramatically imo.
As it is now, leveling an APU solo is possible due to the no LoS. I can't imagine going after persecutors and grim with a true LoS spell. Especially when the range is so crappy.

Or am I wrong?

LiL T
02-08-04, 10:21
Only thing an apu needs is a tweak with a sledgehammer

Rade
02-08-04, 11:01
Ok... I'll just strafe in with my usual PvM rebuttal point then :p

If you make all APU spells LoS, you'd have to increase their range dramatically imo.
As it is now, leveling an APU solo is possible due to the no LoS. I can't imagine going after persecutors and grim with a true LoS spell. Especially when the range is so crappy.

Or am I wrong?

Yeah, they would have to do like everyone else and be hit and have to work
to get cover.

Shocking.

phunqe
02-08-04, 11:02
Yeah, they would have to do like everyone else and be hit and have to work
to get cover.

Shocking.

You mean like everybody else with a heal and more hlt/defense in general?

Rade
02-08-04, 11:08

Which is why we are lobbying for medikits which heal faster so APUs can heal
up in cover maybe?

Besides theres nothing wrong with APUs armor and health.

Shadow Dancer
02-08-04, 11:09

Your point about the heal is valid, but not about hlth/defense. :p

You can spec yourself for leveling. You can spec so that you have high health with only fire resist, or high health+poison resist for chaos caves. PvM!=PvP :p

Anyways about the heal, that's why I also suggest boosted medkits as well. :p

Did I use too many :ps? :p

phunqe
02-08-04, 11:15
Yeah ok... I agree, the main point is the heal.

With a heal you can do damage, duck, heal and repeat.
If you do that with medkits and you need to stay in line of sight, you better have patience :p