PDA

View Full Version : Being a noob.

SorkZmok
01-08-04, 06:51
Today i decided to level my newbie droner. Rank /20 when i logged in today. No LE. As i like pvp. Fair pvp that is. So far i ganked some ppl of my rank and got ganked by some. And that was fun, no matter if i lost or won.

So i log in. Hit the aggie sewers to get my psi, str and con to lvl 2. No chance though, high level runners everywhere doing missions for their SL. While i launch a drone, those guys clean out the whole pit. Not to mention they dont loot the dead aggies and i have to wait forever till new ones spawn. Then some twats start pking the people synching in and everyone else and im lucky that i can make it out alive.

So i give up on missions. Head to the outzone. Get pked. By a capped tank. Good thing i can poke myself. So i go back, level up some time and then think maybe i should head to the MB, would be cool to kill some launchers in a team. GR to the outzone subway station. Get shot by a capped apu. Wait a moment, try to GR in to rescue my drone, get pked again. By a raptor. GR in again when it seems to be safe. Get pked again. Of course they also hacked my belt and took my noob drone. i couldve genrepped somewhere else but i wanted to get to the MB and all genreps i had were my apt, plaza rontrade walk and the subway outzone station.

Anyway.

I GR there again and its safe. I poke myself, sort out my inventory, get my hovertec and head to the MB. Arrive at the MB alive.
Go in, tag the GR, head out again and crash. I log back in and i'm dead. Again someone pked me. So i GR back to the MB, poke myself and head outside again. To find my hovertec at 1% health. I dismiss it, repair it with my last credits, get it out again and head to the bunker in J_01. Launch a drone, start killing things.
Then i see a stealther enter the bunker. I try to get away but i get pked before i can even drop my drone. GR to the MB again. Poke myself. Wait quite some time and hope the capped rifle spy who pked me is gone by now.
Head out again. Before i even leave the MB, another rifle spy pks me.

I log off. Do something else. Log back in some time later. GR to the MB, poke myself, head to the bunker. but i'm still inside the MB, i get pked again, this time by some capped PE. Not to mention that when i made it to the bunker about half an hour later, my hovertec was at 1% health again.

Actually, thats not even the whole story, i got pked even more often today. More than 10 times. By more than 10 different ppl. ALL of those were capped or nearly capped. All of those killed me up close so they saw my rank. Most of em also hacked my belt.

Now imagine i was a real noob, new to the game. I wouldve quit after this. Definately.
And i know theres an LE, i just chose to remove it so i can have some pvp fun. Yeah, imagine this! Noob pvp! I mean pvp is why i got this game, its all about pvp, right?
But 9 out of 10 times it is a damn capped asshole who shoots my back when im droning or kills me right after i genrep somwhere. Funny.
And its not only getting poked again and waiting for SI to go. Drones aren't cheap anymore. Especially not for a noob. I myself give a shit if i loose a drone, i got the money. But a noob? Wasting all of his money and quite some time to get a good drone researched and built? Just to loose it cause some asshole thinks its funny to pk him right out of the genrep? Nah.

PVP IS FUN! BUT GANKING NOOBS SUCKS AND DOES NOT ENLARGE YOUR PENIS. SO LEAVE THE DAMN NOOBS ALONE.

And whoever comes up with ANY comments about the LE, didnt read the whole thread and is a complete idiot.

Thank you.

Birkoff
01-08-04, 06:56
Keep yoru Le in if u don't wan tthat to happen (yes i read the whoel thread.. maybe im a noob) but if u take it out at rank 20 im guessing on saturn u deserved it :)

SorkZmok
01-08-04, 07:00
Keep yoru Le in if u don't wan tthat to happen (yes i read the whoel thread.. maybe im a noob) but if u take it out at rank 20 im guessing on saturn u deserved it :)even after yo rea dteh whole thraed, you still didn tgeti t. o_O

And this did not happen on saturn.

IceStorm
01-08-04, 07:32
And this did not happen on saturn.I can't imagine it happened on Pluto. The only way you run into that many people on Pluto is if you're sitting on our beautiful benches...

Drake6k
01-08-04, 07:54
A word of advice. Dont go to MB and dont go to aggies. Yeah so outzone isnt always safe... but I always level there and have never ever been pked. If you go somewhere and get killed more than once in the same spot its your fault. I always thought it was funny when I'd hang out at MB all day and the same people would keep coming back (enemies). That or go to Pluto (unless you are on pluto.. in case I have no idea how you managed to get killed so much). I leveled and capped my Black Dragon PE solo who is enemies with everyone but I was never pked. (1st of the year when people played still) Pepper Park - Outzone - I_06 - elfarid - worm tunnel. Safe and effective.

Ravin
01-08-04, 07:54
uhm, i dont understand how you want people to respond... you voluntarily entered into the nc world of pvp, so you have to accept what happens to you. No one forced you to enter nc's world of pvp so quickly at such a low-lvl, since doing so is a bad idea. But, it's your choice, and if you believe getting ganked repeatedly by ppl who you cant fight back against is worth being able to kill someone yourself occasionally, well hey, more power to ya. But you can't rly complain about it once you start to face the consequences, and expect ppl to be all comforting for ya. :|

I mean, youre talking about how bad it is that ppl kill noobs who can't fight back. You're a lvl /20, you couldnt've possibly have killed anyone much higher than you, so you just stated that you hate being killed by ppl higher lvl than you, while also stating that you've killed low lvl chars too...? Whether or not your char was close to their rank is irrelevant, and its not an excuse, since we're talking about how pvp affects new player's attitudes towards the game. You're obviously more experienced in the game than a newbie is, so in effect, your high skilled persona ganked a lower skilled persona who couldnt fight back. :\ I don't think those newbs felt happier or more inclined to play nc after ya killed them. The ppl that killed you later mightve actually been the ppl that you killed originally, or their friends; uranus is a 4 char server after all. I dont understand what youre looking for by making a post on the forum m8. Granted, what happened to you sucks major ass, but...eh?

edit: few typos

Jake Cutter
01-08-04, 07:58
This is one of the more logical threads on PvP that I have seen on the forums here.

Your LE is out, and you participate in PvP with other players who are at your level. Hell, that sounds like fun...imagine, PvP without using rares.

You would expect that a lower level player would not be worth a capped player's time.

But no...this game has too many people who simply cannot use just an ounce of personal restraint. To them NC is nothing more than CS or Quake in a "post-apocalyptic" setting. Don't deny that either. Explanations otherwise just prove you're full of shit.

I'm not against PvP...it is part of the game. However, I am against griefing, noob ganking, genrep camping, and all of the other lame-ass tactics.

I applaud your patience. I don't think I could have done that...I would have probably thrown in the towel and called it a day.

And you are right. Someone new to the game would have probably quit outright. And that's one thing that Neocron can't afford right now. NC2:BDoY is just over a month or so away...what's it going to be like when we get all these new players?

This problem needs a solution. There should be more of a consequence to killing a runner whose rank is significantly lower. KK really needs to give this some thought and devise an ingame mechanism that deals with it.

Regards,
Jake Cutter

Drake6k
01-08-04, 08:19
This problem needs a solution. There should be more of a consequence to killing a runner whose rank is significantly lower. KK really needs to give this some thought and devise an ingame mechanism that deals with it.

How about a warning for taking out ones LE? LE solves the problem 100%. You can no longer be killed. Only problem is the lost brain slot and no clan which shouldnt mean much to a noob.

Players protect noobs and there are noob helping clans. That is the way it is ment to be. When I was a noob I was killed sooooo many times (was in Khans) but that was ok! I learnt that I was in a harsh cyberpunk world and going in certain areas with other people might get me killed. I would go out with my clanmates to our own hunting areas always watching my back. I MISS having people out to get me. Yeah I know they are just playing Neocron like quake but I dont look at it that way. From a roleplay standpoint I'm glad there are many psychos in Neocron and dealing with them is apart of the experence.

The LE solves the problem completely! If you dont want to get killed as a noob DONT TAKE THE FREAKING LE OUT. Why do people act like they have to take it out and lash at anyone who tells them to put it back in??????

Mr Friendly
01-08-04, 08:22
Today i decided to level my newbie droner. Rank /20 when i logged in today. No LE. As i like pvp. Fair pvp that is. So far i ganked some ppl of my rank and got ganked by some. And that was fun, no matter if i lost or won.

So i log in. Hit the aggie sewers to get my psi, str and con to lvl 2. No chance though, high level runners everywhere doing missions for their SL. While i launch a drone, those guys clean out the whole pit. Not to mention they dont loot the dead aggies and i have to wait forever till new ones spawn. Then some twats start pking the people synching in and everyone else and im lucky that i can make it out alive.

So i give up on missions. Head to the outzone. Get pked. By a capped tank. Good thing i can poke myself. So i go back, level up some time and then think maybe i should head to the MB, would be cool to kill some launchers in a team. GR to the outzone subway station. Get shot by a capped apu. Wait a moment, try to GR in to rescue my drone, get pked again. By a raptor. GR in again when it seems to be safe. Get pked again. Of course they also hacked my belt and took my noob drone. i couldve genrepped somewhere else but i wanted to get to the MB and all genreps i had were my apt, plaza rontrade walk and the subway outzone station.

Anyway.

I GR there again and its safe. I poke myself, sort out my inventory, get my hovertec and head to the MB. Arrive at the MB alive.
Go in, tag the GR, head out again and crash. I log back in and i'm dead. Again someone pked me. So i GR back to the MB, poke myself and head outside again. To find my hovertec at 1% health. I dismiss it, repair it with my last credits, get it out again and head to the bunker in J_01. Launch a drone, start killing things.
Then i see a stealther enter the bunker. I try to get away but i get pked before i can even drop my drone. GR to the MB again. Poke myself. Wait quite some time and hope the capped rifle spy who pked me is gone by now.
Head out again. Before i even leave the MB, another rifle spy pks me.

I log off. Do something else. Log back in some time later. GR to the MB, poke myself, head to the bunker. but i'm still inside the MB, i get pked again, this time by some capped PE. Not to mention that when i made it to the bunker about half an hour later, my hovertec was at 1% health again.

Actually, thats not even the whole story, i got pked even more often today. More than 10 times. By more than 10 different ppl. ALL of those were capped or nearly capped. All of those killed me up close so they saw my rank. Most of em also hacked my belt.

Now imagine i was a real noob, new to the game. I wouldve quit after this. Definately.
And i know theres an LE, i just chose to remove it so i can have some pvp fun. Yeah, imagine this! Noob pvp! I mean pvp is why i got this game, its all about pvp, right?
But 9 out of 10 times it is a damn capped asshole who shoots my back when im droning or kills me right after i genrep somwhere. Funny.
And its not only getting poked again and waiting for SI to go. Drones aren't cheap anymore. Especially not for a noob. I myself give a shit if i loose a drone, i got the money. But a noob? Wasting all of his money and quite some time to get a good drone researched and built? Just to loose it cause some asshole thinks its funny to pk him right out of the genrep? Nah.

PVP IS FUN! BUT GANKING NOOBS SUCKS AND DOES NOT ENLARGE YOUR PENIS. SO LEAVE THE DAMN NOOBS ALONE.

And whoever comes up with ANY comments about the LE, didnt read the whole thread and is a complete idiot.

Thank you.

yea heh really sad how saturn nubs PK noobs 24/7

Drake6k
01-08-04, 08:26
yea heh really sad how saturn nubs PK noobs 24/7

You have no reason to quote the entire long thread.

He already said he is not from Saturn.

Birkoff
01-08-04, 08:32
You have no reason to quote the entire long thread.

He already said he is not from Saturn.

Some ppl dont read the reponces :rolleyes:

Jake Cutter
01-08-04, 08:46

He removed the LE on this character to participate in PvP with other non-LE runners around his rank.

Drake...I agree with you in this sense...if a player doesn't want to participate in PvP, then yes, leave the LE in. This needs to be expressed to new players right up front so that they don't get repeatedly ganked and quit the game. I'm not sure if it is or not...it's been a long time since my crew left MC5.

In all honesty, just why is it fun for a near-capped runner to gank a lowbie? To watch them fall over? To see that backpack and belt appear? Oooh, I am elite I hacked a TL3 heal from this noob's belt. :rolleyes: FFS.

I'll say it again. Personal restraint. i.e...not being an ass. You wanna be the ultimate evil badass in NC, fine. There are plenty of other targets worth your time, some might even pose a worthwhile challenge. There might even be a time and place for targeting a lowbie. Camping the OZ Subway genrep isn't one of them.

Here's what I was thinking of when I mentioned an ingame mechanism to deal with lowbie ganking. Some sort of penalty for killing a runner who is well below your rank. It doesn't prevent you from doing it...it just discourages you from doing so. A greater SL hit perhaps...but we all know how well that works out. A cash hit? Possible. This is what I meant when I said KK needs to come up with something.

Regards,
Jake Cutter

Gotterdammerung
01-08-04, 08:59
I can understand & empathize with you. You feel that were it not for the fact that you've been playing this game for ages & know what it's all about that you would have quit if you were a noob.

It's a difficult thing, sometimes I wish PvP would work like being in a team. A runner runs up to another player & wants to kill them but he can't lock on and when he shoots he'd get a message saying someting like "you are too many ranks above this player" or something like that. You have your LE out cause you wanna engage in some pvp and you wanna do it with other players around your level, not to be cannon fodder for a capped tank/monk etc....

There's really something thats like an exciting razors edge about it because at say level 20 there is alot of anticipation & apprehension. You look at the other player & try to size them up, your mind races with questions like what resists are they set up for, what armor are they wearing, how good is their weapon, have they put all their points into it or maybe spread a few around so maybe you'll have a slight edge on weapon lore etc....these things & more evenly mached players I think is what makes it exciting.

I think if there were a rank aspect attached to it things could be more exciting. You as a droner know that while droning you take the risk of another similarly ranked player finding you & killing you, but you also know that being like ranked maybe you'll be able to drop your drone should you realise you are being attacked & maybe whip out an alternative weapon and perhaps kill them or at least be aware of who your attacker is and extract revenge later. Also you'd be safe from some marauding tank who breezed into the bunker because you'd be so much lower rank then him he couldnt kill you.

I don't believe people out on a rampage stop to look at your rank before they kill you, they just shoot & even if you are rank 0/2 they'll still say they "pwnz0red j00" in PvP. Now if that marauding tank could only kill like ranked players he'd really have to give some thought about what he would do because if he did meet up with a similar ranked player then we would see some real PvP and at least the winner would really be able to boast of an accomplishment and not have to try & pretend he was "l33t" for killing noobs in the outzone.

Archeus
01-08-04, 09:00
He removed the LE on this character to participate in PvP with other non-LE runners around his rank.

And how much of that was consented combat? It sounds like he removed his LE, killed some other newbies and then had alts/friends on his ass to PK him.

You remove your LE, you consent to combat. If you had left the LE in you would be at a level to fight/flight better in 1-2 days (depending on what your playing).

There are numerous other places to level that people don't go to, or don't bother to go there to kill as it is too much hassle.

You know you can't agree to killing others and then whine when you get killed yourself.

Lastly, I've done TH runs and I generally don't check peoples ranks until they are dead. If you stop to check their rank, and they are high level it gives them enough time to react.

Imagine one of those newbies you killed was new to the game. Would they of quit too?

Necrosadistic
01-08-04, 09:16
Anyway, it IS possible to take down a high level char with a GROUP of noobs... If its an APU, or if they have a slightly shitty set up...

Well maybe not total noobs but people at aroun /30-/40 can do it...

Cubico
01-08-04, 09:19

What I dont understand ...
Droning and noob PvP, especially *fair* PvP?

Ryman
01-08-04, 09:20
Well i agree , and when leveling new characters I leave my LE in , but what i would like to see is a revamp of the LE chip , something like :
1 :LE chip is automatic and doesnt take up one of you implant slots
2 :LE chip alows you to attack or be attacked by players of a similar level (not sure exactly how close)
3 :LE chip doesnt work in warzones at all (so you are free to be attacked or attack)
4 : once you turn off your LE it stays off for good (although the current lvl 30 thing is acceptable)

something else i would love to see , is with the amount of sewers and cellers that are redundant , they should make more aggie pits .

IceStorm
01-08-04, 10:02
LE chip doesnt work in warzones at all I'd never agree to that. The LE is a PvP switch which allows one to opt out of ALL PvP. I have opted out of PvP on all of my characters. They're not designed for PvP in the slightest and I've no desire to alter them.

Drake6k
01-08-04, 10:15
Noob pvp is great and all but Right now at least it is not so viable. How many noobs do you see in Neocron?

Even if you have your LE out to fight other people your rank if they shoot you in the back or when you health is low wont you still freak out and call them assholes? It's the same thing.

I will say it again, I enjoy the challenge of leveling a character when there are people that will gank me all over the server. I have found many new hunting spots and always had to keep an eye out.

I remember leveling on the old bugged Hazard Worms and every day crc would come gank me and the rest of the Khans there. We started pulling the worms to other areas in the zone. I was sitting behind one of those old ruins out in the desert back then kneeling down as I watched a crc drone fly by in the distance... but it never found us. That was so much fun!!! They just wanted to gank anyone they could find to feel better about themselves but to me they were psychos of this cyberpunk world and I was hiding out and trying to get by.

The LE chip was added to Neocron so people could choose not to pvp and level up safe. Use it.

amfest
01-08-04, 10:35
something else i would love to see , is with the amount of sewers and cellers that are redundant , they should make more aggie pits .
:wtf:

Err I think the current aggie pits should be removed. You should have to go out to level and move out of the city area for those levels. Once you reach that aggie pit level you should be in the outzone or wastes leveling.

Imo, people are just getting too spoiled :(

sultana
01-08-04, 10:43
Drake, you're saying that the le chip is the only way to counter being pked by capped/near-capped characters while levelling... this may be true, but the fact is, it shouldn't be. Like people have suggested, other measures such as, say, more sl loss when you pk someone x ranks below you would be fine. Even, lets say, when you pk some x ranks below you, you _will_ lose sl, no matter what faction they are, red/yellow/green (like a hunting zone basically).

The thing i really don't like when levelling a noob, is not exactly when i get pked by a capped character, but after a few minutes after ive run/gred there only to find they've left/run away (with an alt usually). That is the thing i hate.

The Ottoman
01-08-04, 10:51
Another solution might be to restrict aggie cellars and other noob hunting areas for high ranked runners. If you are rank 40+ you can't zone into the cellars or sewers.
If a high ranked player is doing aggie missions he can go kill them near jeriko or in outzone 4. Plenty of places to find the right mobs. Maybe more public citycoms could be installed.

[TgR]KILLER
01-08-04, 11:09
Keep yoru Le in if u don't wan tthat to happen (yes i read the whoel thread.. maybe im a noob) but if u take it out at rank 20 im guessing on saturn u deserved it :)

no its something only big ass **** play there.. i took the LE out on my apu / hybrid when i was still in mc5.. before i got even into the inner city ( as i had to come from PP ) i was ganked 2 times.. got ganked everytime i even try to level within the hour of starting.. fun :rolleyes:

MjukisDjur
01-08-04, 11:42
Clearing bodies are good curtesy. Damn you people that laying corpses on the ground unlooted

Archeus
01-08-04, 11:54
Drake, you're saying that the le chip is the only way to counter being pked by capped/near-capped characters while levelling... this may be true,

It is not true. You change where you hunt, you get friends/people to protect you, you report where the PK'er is so others who like fighting can deal with them.

The LE is a cop out for people who can't handle the game yet, beyond level 30.

Another solution might be to restrict aggie cellars and other noob hunting areas for high ranked runners. If you are rank 40+ you can't zone into the cellars or sewers.

No because the high level runners use them to change factions. You could just look for less used aggie rooms. The map is huge.

The Ottoman
01-08-04, 12:41
No because the high level runners use them to change factions. You could just look for less used aggie rooms. The map is huge.

Like I said before, let them go to outzone sec 4 in the storage cellar. The rooms are filled with launcher cyclops, agressors and agressor captains. There is even a gogu really closeby. Just add a citycom next to it and problem is solved.
Leave the aggie cellars for the lowranked runners.

sultana
01-08-04, 12:44
I never said it was true, i said it maybe and if it was, it shouldn't be. Back to the original post, zork was saying what it would be like for a complete and utter newbie to the game, if this happened. A person new to this game doesn't have friends to protect them, hell, even when i go levelling i don't bother getting clannies and what not to "protect" me, why bother?

Most days you'll see someone spam trade with "pker at mb" but tbh, i don't actually think people gr there to go kill them. This may just be on uranus where there aren't many active or even large city merc clans, even so most people just read it and don't give a second thought. The only time i can really think of, where people go out to take on the pkers is when someone zones up from the aggie pit in p2 yelling that there's a pker... and only then cause it takes 5 seconds to get there.

MrChumble
01-08-04, 13:01
I don't believe people out on a rampage stop to look at your rank before they kill you, they just shoot & even if you are rank 0/2 they'll still say they "pwnz0red j00" in PvP.

Good post, and so true :(

Most people don't seem to be in it for the fun or the fight, just for the ego boost that they somehow manage to associate with ganking someone who can't fight back.

http://www.chumble.org/brtf/carebear.jpg

Dying to protect the noobs. I wonder if NC2 will do anything about it.

PS: are mods allowed to have opinions? I think that's the first time I've seen a mod post about game stuff :)

Archeus
01-08-04, 13:11
Like I said before, let them go to outzone sec 4 in the storage cellar.

That solves nothing. Because you will have newbies going there and whining they they can't level in peace, as sure as night follows day. I mean look at this thread, a person whining because he got killed, yet had no problem killing others.

When pluto started (and had the numbers), the levelling spots were policed by clans. When they added SL loss in hunting zones it stopped that.

To be honest, the PK'ing in hunt zones isn't bad. You die what, once? twice? Then the persons SL is so screwed they can't do anything. You can also kill yellow runners in hunt zones without SL loss, so it is still possible to police those areas.

Locking off parts of the game will not solve the issue.

The Ottoman
01-08-04, 13:18
Well if they go there it's on their own risk. Cellars and sewers in plaza should be restricted to high ranked runners. All the rest accesable for everybody. But I agree that getting killed is part of the game. First few months in the game I was unclanned. My childhood I spent with another noob. We got pked many times. Didn't stop me from playing.
I'm still getting killed but that's because i lack skill(and a good pc :D ). Not a reason to stop playing tho.

Genty
01-08-04, 13:18
I started a new droner and kept my LE in, I was on Saturn so I thought it would be a wise idea to do so. So I leveled him up in peace and am still in progress now. I did not get PK'ed.

Keeping an LE in is what is advised to all noobs (by me and most other people i think) untill they get to grips with the game and are prepared to attack and get attacked. If I was a real noob in this situation, I would not of quit put kept going, thirsty for new experience and interested in what the higher levels have to bring me.

steweygrrr
01-08-04, 13:23
That solves nothing. Because you will have newbies going there and whining they they can't level in peace, as sure as night follows day. I mean look at this thread, a person whining because he got killed, yet had no problem killing others.

When pluto started (and had the numbers), the levelling spots were policed by clans. When they added SL loss in hunting zones it stopped that.

To be honest, the PK'ing in hunt zones isn't bad. You die what, once? twice? Then the persons SL is so screwed they can't do anything. You can also kill yellow runners in hunt zones without SL loss, so it is still possible to police those areas.

Locking off parts of the game will not solve the issue.

Archeus, if you read the thread properly you would see the nice around my level bit. Thats perfectly fine, you fight people around your level then you get ganked by people around your level.

Having to log a high level character to kill someone to make up for the deficiency in your skill level is just lame. Same goes for running around killing people lower than you 'because you can' - also a demonstration of the fact they wouldn't last 2 seconds in a real fight so they have to make up for it some other way.

It would be nice to go to ANY good levelling area without having to rep back in every 5 minutes because of morons like that. Maybe they need to take not of their penis enlargement spam emails.

Archeus
01-08-04, 13:31
Archeus, if you read the thread properly you would see the nice around my level bit. Thats perfectly fine, you fight people around your level then you get ganked by people around your level.

What I am saying is. Did you say "Hey do you want to fight?" Or did you just go and kill them? You fight people then you should expect to be fought back regardless of level. PK'ing noobs while your a noob yourself, then whining that you got PK'ed is pretty hypocritical.

How do you know that the person you killed didn't sic some of the people onto you? Remember some people you killed would of grouped you in as "Morons like that" if it wasn't consentual.

The noob that is killed goes and gets a group of people to kill the person around the same level, there would probably be whining to stop that happening too.

Noodle
01-08-04, 13:45
The people who say keep the LE in...... well, if it was a real noob, about everyone would have told him to remove it, and being a noob, he listens to the experienced players. so there we go, LE out, pk, leave.

Genty
01-08-04, 14:07
The people who say keep the LE in...... well, if it was a real noob, about everyone would have told him to remove it, and being a noob, he listens to the experienced players. so there we go, LE out, pk, leave.

I have not seen anyone advise a noob to take their LE out for a long time now, that was how it used to be but now I see ythe majority of people advising them to keep it in these days.

Rade
01-08-04, 14:12
Well someone has got to say it..

Put your LE in noob

-REMUS-
01-08-04, 15:17

too true

THE_TICK!!!!
01-08-04, 15:34
unfortunately fella's the weak always pick on the strong..its human nature..the rare few actually stick up for the weak

MrChumble
01-08-04, 15:36
Put your LE in noob

No one needed to say it at all as it just shows how little you've read the thread and that you've not bothered to put any thought into your reply.

This is a game, it should be fun for people of all levels. I'm sure ganking noobs gives some people a real fist o fun, but it's bugger all fun for the newbies. There's no reason KK can't come up with a system that lets all levels PvP (such as Gott's suggestion). Advice like 'leave your LE in' just ignores the problem.

Mr_Snow
01-08-04, 15:45
Uranus is turning into a saturn with lower numbers and a semi-sensable economy, everyday I get more and more glad I dont play there.

Gohei
01-08-04, 16:19
I got pwnd by capped runners daily when i was a noob, trying to pvp on Pluto like ages ago.. I dont recall getting killed was that much of a hazzle. Jusst GR back, get poked and get out again. So your theory about noobs leaving beacuse they get killed when participating in PvP is not true. I'm still here.

steweygrrr
01-08-04, 16:45
What I am saying is. Did you say "Hey do you want to fight?" Or did you just go and kill them? You fight people then you should expect to be fought back regardless of level. PK'ing noobs while your a noob yourself, then whining that you got PK'ed is pretty hypocritical.

How do you know that the person you killed didn't sic some of the people onto you? Remember some people you killed would of grouped you in as "Morons like that" if it wasn't consentual.

The noob that is killed goes and gets a group of people to kill the person around the same level, there would probably be whining to stop that happening too.

Thing is Archeus, theres not 30 levels difference between him and the guy hes picking a fight with. And seeing as I don't noob gank on account of it being so very very very lame, I haven't been in that situation.

Jest
01-08-04, 17:10
Thats a bummer man, though going back every single time after you died, come on now, use your head. Personally if I saw you at MB and I was doing a pk run, I prolly would have killed you no matter what your rank was, and not because I think I am some how awesome at killing a newb. :p Thats the price you pay for certain leveling spots. Though I truly hate aggie cellar pking and high level players doing misions are just as bad imo. I truly do wish this game was newb friendly. Just leveling a new character on Uranus Ive seen how hard it is to do without the help of established players.

Btw, respect for taking out your LE early on. ;)

Saza
01-08-04, 17:16
Personally I kill people of any rank at MB, but I don't brag about it. Usually if they ask I'll let them grab their belt, and I wont kill 'em again, unless they are annoying as hell.

So if I ever kill ya, it's nothing personal, its just what I do.

Rade
01-08-04, 17:20
No one needed to say it at all as it just shows how little you've read the thread and that you've not bothered to put any thought into your reply.

This is a game, it should be fun for people of all levels. I'm sure ganking noobs gives some people a real fist o fun, but it's bugger all fun for the newbies. There's no reason KK can't come up with a system that lets all levels PvP (such as Gott's suggestion). Advice like 'leave your LE in' just ignores the problem.

And its also a 2 year old joke which you obviously didnt get.

Archeus
01-08-04, 17:33
Thing is Archeus, theres not 30 levels difference between him and the guy hes picking a fight with. And seeing as I don't noob gank on account of it being so very very very lame, I haven't been in that situation.

True, but it is a matter of consent. It is quite reasonable to assume that a player happily levelling away as a newbie, gets jumped on by anyone regardless of level (and if they are levelling, it is rare you are in a position to fight back straight away).

That is what I was talking about. It is all very well to say it is great to PvP with others at low level, but those people may not of wanted a fight to begin with. They may agree to combat by removing their LE doesn't mean they will feel happy about getting jump on where ever they go. Sometimes the only way to handle that is to hire someone to jump on them.

jini
01-08-04, 17:38
I dont understand all these answers in sorkzmok's post. All he wants to say is, that he likes FAIR pvp. Besides, after lvl 30 you cant even use the LE. And he also states that he enjoys pvp...
And a question to all those that suggest killing an inexperienced low level playe is fun: where is the fun, can you explain me? So I can see yr point clearly.

Genty
01-08-04, 17:43
Besides, after lvl 30 you cant even use the LE.

You can use the LE up to whatever level you wish as long as you don't take it out at any time. There is only a restriction on the implantation of the LE, not the use.

Shakari
01-08-04, 18:08
uhm, i dont understand how you want people to respond... you voluntarily entered into the nc world of pvp, so you have to accept what happens to you. No one forced you to enter nc's world of pvp so quickly at such a low-lvl, since doing so is a bad idea. But, it's your choice, and if you believe getting ganked repeatedly by ppl who you cant fight back against is worth being able to kill someone yourself occasionally, well hey, more power to ya. But you can't rly complain about it once you start to face the consequences, and expect ppl to be all comforting for ya. :|

I mean, youre talking about how bad it is that ppl kill noobs who can't fight back. You're a lvl /20, you couldnt've possibly have killed anyone much higher than you, so you just stated that you hate being killed by ppl higher lvl than you, while also stating that you've killed low lvl chars too...? Whether or not your char was close to their rank is irrelevant, and its not an excuse, since we're talking about how pvp affects new player's attitudes towards the game. You're obviously more experienced in the game than a newbie is, so in effect, your high skilled persona ganked a lower skilled persona who couldnt fight back. :\ I don't think those newbs felt happier or more inclined to play nc after ya killed them. The ppl that killed you later mightve actually been the ppl that you killed originally, or their friends; uranus is a 4 char server after all. I dont understand what youre looking for by making a post on the forum m8. Granted, what happened to you sucks major ass, but...eh?

edit: few typos

hmm seems like everyone is missing the point of the main post its quite simple really!

GANKING NOOBS IS PATHETIC AND NO CHALLENGE and if any ones NC to actually grow and get more ppl, ganking noobs will definatly prevent that end of story because it will put of new ppl who don't know the game well or are no estabished.

and if zork wants to pvp will ppl his own rank he takes his LE out, that does not mean he wants to get ganked by someone 5 times is lvl and can kill him without and effort end of story!!

I have commented to friedns who either still play or used to play NC is sad that there are so many arseholes about NC now :( I don't have a problem with PvP but Ganking adds nothing to the game and its totally ones sided and usually done so the attacker has NO CHANCE OF LOOSING. i.e. GR camping noob killing etc....

Give beginner and noob chars a chance if the point of the game in PvP as ppl seems to think surely you want a challenge or whats the point?..... ganking ppl who have no chance ain't a challenge

Archeus
01-08-04, 18:12
hmm seems like everyone is missing the point of the main post its quite simple really!

GANKING NOOBS IS PATHETIC AND NO CHALLENGE

But he is ganking newbies too.

Look at this way. an 0/5 character comes up to you and tells you there is someone who is in around 5-10 levels of them is killing similar people in a levelling spot. Do you say to that newbie "Sorry bud, your on your own" or do you go and kill the idiot?

You see he isn't complaining about high levels ganking newbies, hes complaining about high levels ganking him, after claiming he has been killing people levelling.

MrChumble
01-08-04, 18:20
True, but it is a matter of consent. It is quite reasonable to assume that a player happily levelling away as a newbie, gets jumped on by anyone regardless of level (and if they are levelling, it is rare you are in a position to fight back straight away)

I have to disagree with that, on the grounds that it's nonsense :p

As an almost capped player I am always aware that I might be attacked while I level. I'm ready for it, really expecting it, so when it happens I know how to react and have at least even odds of surviving. If I die, unless I was ganked by crazy numbers, I at least get a decent fight from it.

As a newbie it would be exactly the same if you could only be attacked by someone your own level. If you died the first few times you'd get better with each fight until you could hold your own.

If you get boned by a much higher level player you just learn to die, and that's no fun. For example I used to get killed by Jinxed all the time when I was a genuine noob, and it made me very angry with the game. As a level 20 nib with no clue (my classic example being I was a pure psi resist PE, cos jinxed was a hybrid) I had no chance at all. I didn't get any sort of fun from dying, there was no sense of 'well maybe next time'. I'd just get para'd and stand still cos running away just gave him more of what he wanted.

If only someone close to my rank could have attacked me I'd have had more fun with it and learned pvp - and how to use my setup - a lot more easily with a great deal more enjoyment.

Archeus
01-08-04, 18:28
I have to disagree with that, on the grounds that it's nonsense :p

As an almost capped player I am always aware that I might be attacked while I level. I'm ready for it, really expecting it, so when it happens I know how to react and have at least even odds of surviving. If I die, unless I was ganked by crazy numbers, I at least get a decent fight from it.

Because you have the level and experience. I said earlier after about level 30 or so it is easy enough to combat people or escape.

Don't get me wrong, if he wants to kill people of his same level, then go for it. But don't come and moan when people kill him. We don't know if some of these people are killing him because of his previous history.

Ozzon
01-08-04, 18:34
I started playing on the Saturn lately, got PK'ed many many times mostly by capped or almost capped players...
I would like to know as many other people too, WHAT THE HELL DOES CAPPED PLAYER GETS FROM KILLING A TOTAL NOOB?!?

I've been always wondering about this, even when i was 2/4 (i took my LE right at the begining), capped players (not only from enemy factions but neutrals too) were already attacking me.
Someone please tell me... why do you have to kill a 2/4 noob trying to get his belt back, everytime you see him? What do you get for being a total asshole?

One shot kill is fun? Really?

MrChumble
01-08-04, 18:39
Because you have the level and experience. I said earlier after about level 30 or so it is easy enough to combat people or escape.

No it's not. At level 30 you have no chance against a capped player. Even at level 50 you have little chance unless your setup is perfect and they FRE mid fight :D

A balance is needed I suppose. At level 50 you should certainly be attackable by a capped player, but at lvl 10, or even 30, it's one sided and pointless, and the game should either disallow or punish the ganking of people who can't fight back. Irregardless of the moral issues, it should do it just so everyone has more fun.

jini
01-08-04, 19:00
You can use the LE up to whatever level you wish as long as you don't take it out at any time. There is only a restriction on the implantation of the LE, not the use.
but I want to take it out, so I cant use it after lvl30.

Still waiting for an answer from these people that gank noobs. What do you ppl feel? Why do you believe that killing an inferior player is fun?

I like zork's post paticularly because it addresses one of NC's biggest problem, which also becomes bigger as time passes. People want neocron to be crouded and more crouded but they dont act accordingly. I dont know if this attitude is same in other mmorgs, but kk should try and find a solution to this.

Genty
01-08-04, 19:55
but I want to take it out, so I cant use it after lvl30.

But if you want to take it out then why are you complaining that you can't put it in again when you have leveled up?...In my eyes there is no point taking the LE out if you want to have it in at high levels.

jini
01-08-04, 22:22
But if you want to take it out then why are you complaining that you can't put it in again when you have leveled up?...In my eyes there is no point taking the LE out if you want to have it in at high levels.
huh???
1. Im not complaining about anything
2. I accept there's no point in yr eyes. But in mine there are a lot of reasons...

Archeus
01-08-04, 22:59
No it's not. At level 30 you have no chance against a capped player. Even at level 50 you have little chance unless your setup is perfect and they FRE mid fight :D

You could escape, or certainly re-equip yourself with resonable ease, compared to a noob levelling. Also as a mid-level character you would be more inclined to find safer places to level.

Still waiting for an answer from these people that gank noobs. What do you ppl feel? Why do you believe that killing an inferior player is fun?

There is a whole thread on that somewhere were you would get all the answers you wanted.

I've killed about half a dozen or so noobs (outside of op fights). 2 of them were because they pissed me off, and the rest because I couldn't ID them. No trash talking or thinking I was l33t fighter, just got on with business. Although I am not your typical PK'er (I give people warnings where I am going to show up when on player hunting).

ezza
01-08-04, 23:06
why do the victims ask what Pkers get out of it when a noob gets ganked?

most proberbly the noob didnt even get given a second though, see enemy if targetable open fire.

rank doesnt always come up quick enough, so kill them anyway, best to be safe than to be sorry.

and i mean come on, aggy celler and MB are well known PK hot spots, heading there is like asking for trouble without your LE in.

i know when i go there, im getting a fight, regardless of what rank i am.

if i get killed in a area, i will head elsewhere.

i have about 3 or 4 leveling areas where i know noone goes, so i dont get ganked.

why do people insist on going to the areas where they are likely to get killed?

personally i advise every nib to keep there LE in, id rather see them in the game 6 months down the line then bitches onthe forum in the leaving thread saying everyone killed him.

personally i think you should of kept your LE in, you took it out and took the risk.

personally Rade was right in saying the ole forum catch phrase of keep your le in

Dirk_Gently
01-08-04, 23:10
This is purely and simply people being assholes.

As i was told by a well known noob pker "I don't play Unreal because I want to fight people who can't fight back"

People doing this shit is why so many MMORPGs have areas set aside for PvP and don't allow it in general areas. NC has a good system but it has been screwed over by people abusing non-consensual PvP.

Personally I think that the LE should be totally scrapped and that people should only be targetable once clanned.

Shakari
02-08-04, 06:00
But he is ganking newbies too.

Look at this way. an 0/5 character comes up to you and tells you there is someone who is in around 5-10 levels of them is killing similar people in a levelling spot. Do you say to that newbie "Sorry bud, your on your own" or do you go and kill the idiot?

You see he isn't complaining about high levels ganking newbies, hes complaining about high levels ganking him, after claiming he has been killing people levelling.

LOL sorry should have made it clearer I was talking about the original 1st post of this thread in relation to the one I quoted :) I know the guy I quoted was not on about Ganking Noobs as such and said he did it himself I was saying he was missing the point of the original thread :)

If ppl kill other around the same lvl as them I don't have to much of a problem, as the victim will have a chance to run away or should do...

its when a ** monk or tank etc kills some noob with just < or even lower I mean what chance do they have???

Shakari
02-08-04, 06:09
personally i advise every nib to keep there LE in, id rather see them in the game 6 months down the line then bitches onthe forum in the leaving thread saying everyone killed him.

Oh so your saying lets ignore ppl who are idiots let them gank noobs, Oh and lets not have any new players joining any clans for the social side of the game, and also a lack of on chip slots is a pain in the ass,

if they could make it like say SWG where u choose to do pvp or not without it effecting your setup in ANY way that would inprove things

thats like saying there's a gang mugging ppl at the local shops, so don't ever go there again, instead of calling the cops and getting em arrested, just igoring problems that will end up making ppl quit the game isn't helping anything... How about stopping the pointless ganking but I guess ppl are to self centered about how there action effect others.... even if it does have a bad effect on the game :(

NeoChick
02-08-04, 06:13
I think it is presently just a matter of most being high rank, not much to do, and hanging out for DOY. So they pass their time ganking noobs.

Not very nice. That type of thing is part of the reason Lineage could never be successful, these things got out of hand.
PvP is one thing, harrassment is another. KK usually take a stance on harrassment and do something about it.

I think things will be really good once DOY comes. There will be a whole lot more people on, all of them noobs and starting off together. That is the time to make friends, join clans etc.
And keep your LE chip in as long as you are not ready to die or not in a financial position to drop dead.

I realize your example of how noobs starting the game now would feel. I think noobs should just get their feel for the game now with their LE chip in because its only four weeks and they can jump fresh into DOY

Ryuben
02-08-04, 06:22
i didn't bother reading it i just thought one thing was kinda wrong

What gives u the right to pick on noobs and kill them yet other people can't?

just cos they got off there asses to cap doesn't mean noobs are exclusivly your domain to PK

Ravin
02-08-04, 08:51
sigh

GANKING NOOBS IS PATHETIC AND NO CHALLENGE and if any ones NC to actually grow and get more ppl, ganking noobs will definatly prevent that end of story because it will put of new ppl who don't know the game well or are no estabished.

wtf.. everyone ignores my post and the first one to quote something misses my point completely? Since you decided to single my post out as 'missing the point', i'll respond. I never said ganking noobs was a good or fair thing to do. i merely said that the person opened him(her)self up to the possiblity of getting ganked (to be able to gank others mind you), and shouldn't bitch about getting killed by higher lvl players. Yes, i do realize killing newbs is bad for the game population, etc. but the person in question who posted on the forums killed newbs too. It doesnt matter if youre the same lvl as the newb youre ganking, youre still -ganking newbs-, and are putting off new customers just as much as a high lvl ganker. bit hypocritical, no?

and if zork wants to pvp will ppl his own rank he takes his LE out, that does not mean he wants to get ganked by someone 5 times is lvl and can kill him without and effort end of story!!

so he wants to gank ppl w/o being in fear of gankage himself? too bad. ok, lets go through this again.. zork ganking newbs his own lvl is the same as an experienced and high lvled char killing him. lets say those newbies he's ganking have never played nc b4, or have been playing for a couple hours. they have no chance whatsover to defend themselves against his drone. isn't that just like him not being able to defend himself against a higher lvl player? for all we know, he, with his /20 noob, put more newbs off of nc than any of those high lvl gankers.

I have commented to friedns who either still play or used to play NC is sad that there are so many arseholes about NC now :( I don't have a problem with PvP but Ganking adds nothing to the game and its totally ones sided and usually done so the attacker has NO CHANCE OF LOOSING. i.e. GR camping noob killing etc....

Punctuation = good. There are many reasons why ppl gank newbs. maybe someone else ganked one of their newbs while they were lvling and they decided to get revenge. maybe theyre having a shitty day and want to completely obliterate someone to feel a bit better. maybe kk or the game (with its lag, bugs, etc.) pissed the ganker off and hes on a mission to stop kk from getting anymore customers. who cares if you can prevent it? the only reason i responded in the first place was b/c the poster was being an ass to ppl giving the only advice that would help: putting in the LE.

The game's filled with assholes, but we can't do anything about it. Deal with it.

ezza
02-08-04, 12:41
Oh so your saying lets ignore ppl who are idiots let them gank noobs, Oh and lets not have any new players joining any clans for the social side of the game, and also a lack of on chip slots is a pain in the ass,

if they could make it like say SWG where u choose to do pvp or not without it effecting your setup in ANY way that would inprove things

thats like saying there's a gang mugging ppl at the local shops, so don't ever go there again, instead of calling the cops and getting em arrested, just igoring problems that will end up making ppl quit the game isn't helping anything... How about stopping the pointless ganking but I guess ppl are to self centered about how there action effect others.... even if it does have a bad effect on the game :(
if you join a clan, you are accepting the risk of getting killed.

and if they are in a clan, they will have clan mates who should be able to defend them.

take your example then, a bunch of pkers attacks someone, you call the police(aka other high lev players) thats the neo equivilant of what your saying.

some people just seem to want a no risk game, if you dont want the risk keep the LE in, LE chipped guys can socilise with each other, you dont need a clan for that.

we have something like SWG, its called a LE chip its just done diffrently, howabout instead of making Neo like SWG go play SWG

MrChumble
02-08-04, 18:23
if you join a clan, you are accepting the risk of getting killed.

Yup yup. If you join a clan you have to take what's coming, regardless of rank.

and if they are in a clan, they will have clan mates who should be able to defend them.

In an ideal world, yeah. On pluto, and Saturn to an extent, there aren't enough good high level players to go around, so they join the power clans and everyone else gets boned. It's a shame, but BDoY should bring more players and fix the problem.

some people just seem to want a no risk game, if you dont want the risk keep the LE in, LE chipped guys can socilise with each other, you dont need a clan for that.

It's a side issue really, but I've no objections to LE clans so long as they can't hold ops. It doesn't do anyone any harm, and lets them have a private chat channel. There's no good reason to not have LE clans that I can think of. If people choose to miss out on some of the best (and imo fundemental) aspects of NC then that's their choice, it's no skin off my back.

we have something like SWG, its called a LE chip its just done diffrently, howabout instead of making Neo like SWG go play SWG

Right now I see NC and SWG at such opposite extremes that they've ended up in the same place. In SWG the PvP is pointless, period. In NC it can be ok, but 90% of the time it's equally pointless - I'd guesstimate very roughly that about 75% of pvp kills come from ganking people at much lower rank, or who have SI, or who otherwise can't fight back (FRE or lagged for example).

When PvP happens between evenly matched individuals or teams it's really good, so I'd love to see BDoY encouraging or enforcing combat between equal or near equals. Neocron is a dangerous place (post-apoc blah blah) but it's also a game, and just like letting LE players go about their business doesn't affect high level players, neither would letting low ranked (unclanned) players do their own thing. They can have little noobie fights between themselves while the big boys look on with mild amusement :p

Darth Slayer
02-08-04, 18:51
Just like to point out that SorkZmok was not whining about being killed but making a point about the newb ganking which seems to be getting more prevalent nowadays. Ezza makes a good point however about ppl see red and fire and often kill before the rank pops up on the targeting box, it's happened to me I zoned into Outzone saw a Monk running towards me who was red faction and enemy clan I fired and killed him then saw his rank was lvl 32. It happened so fast I did'nt have a chance to see his rank. Now I'm sorta more careful.
Now SorkZmok is on about people who deliberately go aout and kill noobs which is just plain wrong and silly.

Scorpius.

steweygrrr
02-08-04, 19:28
i didn't bother reading it i just thought one thing was kinda wrong

What gives u the right to pick on noobs and kill them yet other people can't?

just cos they got off there asses to cap doesn't mean noobs are exclusivly your domain to PK

I think its more of the point that the people he was fighting were around his level and stood a reasonable to good chance of winning. It's the high levels ganking people who don't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning or even fighting back.

Xylaz
03-08-04, 01:00
I repeat: this is a griefer's game, with the current faction/sl system there is absolutely no way to 'prevent' noobs from beeing pked (aside from LE, of course) - noobs will always die. High level players can only avenge their death which isnt realy a good solution because it all resorts to violence and pkiling.
Everyone is a griefer in this game, at some point at least. There is a major flaw in the way factions are working. There should be a penalty/bonus for killnig the players based on faction sympathy. There should be clan wars implemented.
Right now there is absolutely no difference in pkilling an enemy clan warrior or just an innocent unclanned runner. Therefore everyone dies on equal terms. And that is the problem.

Other side of the problem is the fact that most people arent competitive at all. I'm trying to defend this stupid bunker at MB from the pkers and i see it everyday - some lame ass capped stealther spy comes into bunker and start shooting at people, everyone just start to running away and screamming : 'pk pk' instead of fighting. This is ridiculous, i saw spy killed a group of 5-6 people lvls 30-40 only because they didnt want to defend themselves. I am aware now that there is a large 'pvp skill gap' on Saturn, but those wannabe pkers which are raiding MB on a daily basis arent very good pvpers really, if half of those noobs started to fight, the pker would be dead. I managed to kill this guy by myself on a 30/27 spy and team of 6 lvl 40 people couldnt do it? There is something wrong with the people's attitude here...

Besides, there is always LE, there are always some other lvling places where u will *never* see a single pker. Nobody force anyone to get back every time to the place where they got killed, nobody force anyone to go to the most pk-infested places in the whole game. And if they do, it would be reasonable to expect a little danger there...

Shakari
03-08-04, 10:31
I repeat: this is a griefer's game, with the current faction/sl system there is absolutely no way to 'prevent' noobs from beeing pked (aside from LE, of course) - noobs will always die. High level players can only avenge their death which isnt realy a good solution because it all resorts to violence and pkiling.
Everyone is a griefer in this game, at some point at least. There is a major flaw in the way factions are working. There should be a penalty/bonus for killnig the players based on faction sympathy. There should be clan wars implemented.
Right now there is absolutely no difference in pkilling an enemy clan warrior or just an innocent unclanned runner. Therefore everyone dies on equal terms. And that is the problem.

Other side of the problem is the fact that most people arent competitive at all. I'm trying to defend this stupid bunker at MB from the pkers and i see it everyday - some lame ass capped stealther spy comes into bunker and start shooting at people, everyone just start to running away and screamming : 'pk pk' instead of fighting. This is ridiculous, i saw spy killed a group of 5-6 people lvls 30-40 only because they didnt want to defend themselves. I am aware now that there is a large 'pvp skill gap' on Saturn, but those wannabe pkers which are raiding MB on a daily basis arent very good pvpers really, if half of those noobs started to fight, the pker would be dead. I managed to kill this guy by myself on a 30/27 spy and team of 6 lvl 40 people couldnt do it? There is something wrong with the people's attitude here...

Besides, there is always LE, there are always some other lvling places where u will *never* see a single pker. Nobody force anyone to get back every time to the place where they got killed, nobody force anyone to go to the most pk-infested places in the whole game. And if they do, it would be reasonable to expect a little danger there...

Must admit I agree with what your saying but the reason that the ppl don't defend themselves is probably either 1/ the don't think they stand a chance or 2/ the don't want to lose faction sympathy/SL that they have spent 100 or more missions getting

JackScratch
04-08-04, 21:13
All of this amases me because the problem is not with the game, its with the people. This kind of crap is "BAD BEHAVIOR" there is no excuse for this shit. It is no better than little children egging cars (which Im sure some of you out there think is jusk fucking great). To be honest PKing should be between known aproximately equale quantities. It should be for people who want to PvP. There is no real way to enforce this in game, and hey, if we were all well behaved adults, there wouldnt need to be. My suggestion to you is, help noobs, do everything in your human power to make gankers unhappy. Do not PvP with gankers, for that is what they seek. Do not do business with those you have seen gank, for this makes the game more difficult for them. Reward adult behavior, it prevents the creation of more ganking children. Every chance you get, tell people that ganking is not apropriot, andd evenb though this is a gamew, ganking still means you are an asshole in real life (yeah, its true, anyone who argues against this is a 12 year old asshole). PvP is great, red = dead is the death of this game, and the reward of poor and unacceptable behavior. The starter of this thread says he restrains himself to PKing like ranked runners, but as rank appears to be completely random, this is no indication of anything. Pick your enemies, give your enemies an "out" option, seek truely fair fights. Help Keep Our NeoCron Clean.

Dirk_Gently
04-08-04, 21:22
All of this amases me because the problem is not with the game, its with the people. This kind of crap is "BAD BEHAVIOR" there is no excuse for this shit. It is no better than little children egging cars (which Im sure some of you out there think is jusk fucking great). To be honest PKing should be between known aproximately equale quantities. It should be for people who want to PvP. There is no real way to enforce this in game, and hey, if we were all well behaved adults, there wouldnt need to be. My suggestion to you is, help noobs, do everything in your human power to make gankers unhappy. Do not PvP with gankers, for that is what they seek. Do not do business with those you have seen gank, for this makes the game more difficult for them. Reward adult behavior, it prevents the creation of more ganking children. Every chance you get, tell people that ganking is not apropriot, andd evenb though this is a gamew, ganking still means you are an asshole in real life (yeah, its true, anyone who argues against this is a 12 year old asshole). PvP is great, red = dead is the death of this game, and the reward of poor and unacceptable behavior. The starter of this thread says he restrains himself to PKing like ranked runners, but as rank appears to be completely random, this is no indication of anything. Pick your enemies, give your enemies an "out" option, seek truely fair fights. Help Keep Our NeoCron Clean.

Amen Jack