PDA

View Full Version : (OT) GTA: Multiplayer?

Tomalak
01-08-04, 01:31
I've come across references to a Grand theft Auto (Vice city?) multiplayer mod, but I've never been able to find it..does anybody know anything about this mod, and where it can be found? Reliability, etc?

Omnituens
01-08-04, 01:39
google gave me this:

http://www.mtavc.com/

cba to see what it really is, but its got GTA and Multi on the page so that could be it.

Doc Holliday
01-08-04, 01:46
the mod is called multitheftauto. u can get it on gamespots download section.

MkVenner
01-08-04, 02:59
yeah its cool but theres quite a problem with lag and crashes, that games just too big to go MP imo....still a wicked fun game tho play MP tho

ichinin
01-08-04, 03:13
yeah its cool but theres quite a problem with lag and crashes, that games just too big to go MP imo....still a wicked fun game tho play MP tho

Had that problem with version 0.3, it DID work for a few minutes and they have updated the server for quite some time now, should be better.. even added support for NPC's/NPV's to coordinate same position. Gonna be pretty really cool when they get version 1.0 or any other stable version. Coop multiplayer game (even mods) like that will ROCK.

Remember just starting GTA Vice City, turning on the Rock channel (banging head to Anthrax and Slayer) and jumping on to a bike, speeding through the streets was just ubar cool...

Rude Boi
01-08-04, 04:10
its ok, when i dont intend to fight, cos there are all them fuckers who use just shotguns, and onec they aiming at u, uve lost alrdy, got u get knoced down by shotgun

VirtualReGen
01-08-04, 04:28
Its wicked fun indeed to do car chases with your buddies or whoever and stuff, try it out youll have a blast, after probably 2-3 weeks youll get bored and uninstall it again though :P