PDA

View Full Version : Bring BACK Remote Repair tools

Bronx
31-07-04, 23:11
OMG enough allready. bring back the damm remote repair tools. I dont see why taking them out of then game was a good idea. I mean look how much the nanites cost. Ifyou ask me its an excellent money sink.

BRING BACK THE DAMM TOOL NOW.

Mr Kot
31-07-04, 23:13
I second that

Duder
31-07-04, 23:14
Uh arnt the remote tools still there?

You can buy them in Crytons, but hey good show good sir.

Kaden
31-07-04, 23:15
I dont agree, not until a viable solution is created.

Mr Kot
31-07-04, 23:15
Uh arnt the remote tools still there?

^^

erm... i think he's referring to the USE of them :rolleyes:

Duder
31-07-04, 23:17
What repairing vehicles and turrets? When did this change take place?

BIG EDIT: SAW ANNOUNCEMENT

rob444
31-07-04, 23:21
Well with the screwed up economy it doesnt matter if the nanites are expensive...

msdong
31-07-04, 23:24
[ edited ]

NC is not about buying skill with a locked mousebutton.

sanityislost
31-07-04, 23:41
[ edited ]

Your right.....its about spending way too fecking long just to cap the dex on a monk :/

SiL ..:..

Tratos
31-07-04, 23:41
[ edited ]

Hmm.. possibly in the mean time make nanites STUPIDLY expensive so at least you can remote repair but it'll cost you like fucking loads like seriously loads it might deflate the economy abit and give barters alot of trade in getting them a little cheap but still costs shit loads...

...untill the exploit is fixed.

Bozz-Von Mel
01-08-04, 00:04
YES, PLEASE bring back the remote repair tool. It has completely shut me down on NC. Going to play EVE until tool comes back. l8r

msdong
01-08-04, 00:14
Your right.....its about spending way too fecking long just to cap the dex on a monk :/

SiL ..:..
its not about nerfin monks its about repair stuff that dont need repair o_O

i dont care if you sit in a bunch of Grims with you VHC and repair it after as long as you like. thats OK

alig
01-08-04, 00:19
Yes bring the fucking things back so i can cap my god fucking damn dex on my monk because if you think im doing it from missions you can suck it. [ edited ]

Clive tombstone
01-08-04, 00:47
Why does it seem like EVERYTHING we do is some how an exploit? I mean, I used to use cover to avoide warbot fire (tires stacked in two's) and I got called for an exploit?

(RL soldier) Oh Jebus!Giant robot! What should I Do!

<_<"looks at stacked barrels" >_>"then looks at field of Highly Flamible gas cans"

"moments later"

"oh God it burns! At least I aint a Hax0rz" :D

Bronx
01-08-04, 11:02
Well I do agree that the repairing vehicals to gain XP is a total exploit. OK FINE so be it. So instead of taking out a damm viable tool in NeoCron (which makes the game even harder to wanna play) make the XP stop afetr the damm vehical is fully repaired. SHAAABAM there ya go easy fix. yea yea a tank with a vehical rocket launcher...bla bla...I jus twant the damm tool back.

-Bronx

Agent L
01-08-04, 11:14
yeah, bring tools back, vehicles are useless without ability to repair.
set some mid-level mobs to patrol wastelands = all AFKers dead.

enigma_b17
01-08-04, 13:11
just remove the exp from repairing using a remote repair tool, much easier solution and It cant be that hard to implement, ive seen more drastic changes

Freaky Fryd
01-08-04, 13:15
We all know that there's something we don't understand in the coding, otherwise it would have been as simple as just disabling experience from that tool, or even just adding an if/than style line to the code (if veh_health >= 100% then != repair)

Makes you wonder how well the code was written for it and how much the repair ties into everything else...
O_o

Genty
01-08-04, 13:22
Yeah bring them back....when they are fixed. Having said that it does not look like there is gonna be many (if any) more patches till NC2, with the Test Server down and all.

steweygrrr
01-08-04, 13:27
All they need to do is fix whatever is wrong with the Rhino's code so that it actually has a health cap. Then maybe we can have our tool back.

<----Combat Driver PE

Mr_Snow
01-08-04, 15:14
just remove the exp from repairing using a remote repair tool, much easier solution and It cant be that hard to implement, ive seen more drastic changes

If they do that odds are that all tradeskilling exp will be set to zero.

Ozzon
01-08-04, 15:54
Bring them back, I'm using vehicles in hunting FFS! :mad:

Dribble Joy
01-08-04, 16:00
You could still gain xp by dmging the vehicle and the repping it again, simply removing the xp gain and making the tools work again would be good untill a more solid solution is found.

MrChumble
01-08-04, 16:01
Bring them back so we can all exploit. I'm serious. If I hadn't capped my dex already I'd be exploiting away right now. What do KK expect? They remove every possible legitimate avenue for dex leveling on a monkey, then throw their toys out the pram when some people actually find a way to level (the shock and horror of it!).

Then to fix it what do they do...bring out the nerf bat. I'm not a huge fan of trikes (http://neocron.jafc.de/search.php?searchid=117335) at the best of times, but not being able to repair in the field is just taking the piss.

alig
01-08-04, 20:32
I agree with mr.chumble...my new monk's dex will be lvl 10 like it is now until someone finds a new exploit or kk fix it. They should'nt remove the XP from repping it if its damaged but knowing KK they always take the easy way out and completely screw people over just so they dont need to fix the game.

When DOY comes this game will die 60% from people getting banned, 39% from KK being the most bone-idle devs in the games industry and 1% from people getting bored. The state of this game is appauling...it makes EA look good and that is rare.

Kaden
01-08-04, 20:42
I agree with mr.chumble...my new monk's dex will be lvl 10 like it is now until someone finds a new exploit or kk fix it. They should'nt remove the XP from repping it if its damaged but knowing KK they always take the easy way out and completely screw people over just so they dont need to fix the game.

When DOY comes this game will die 60% from people getting banned, 39% from KK being the most bone-idle devs in the games industry and 1% from people getting bored. The state of this game is appauling...it makes EA look good and that is rare.

Then if you don't mind me asking.

Why do you still play?

alig
01-08-04, 20:49
Then if you don't mind me asking.

Why do you still play?

Im waiting for DoY...ive waited 1 whole year so i think i deserve the right to at least try it.

Believe me. If DoY sucks or has to many bugs like NC already does i will be gone like shit of a shovel. The only thing that will keep me interested in this game after DoY (if its buggy) is playerbase and i dont think it will get many people because of the uber marketing strategies these cowboys have. 1 month to go and i still have'nt seen any advertising for this game, have you? didnt think so, unless the front page of this website is classed as advertising.

Kaden
01-08-04, 20:51
Im waiting for DoY...ive waited 1 whole year so i think i deserve the right to at least try it.

Believe me. If DoY sucks or has to many bugs like NC already does i will be gone like shit of a shovel. The only thing that will keep me interested in this game after DoY (if its buggy) is playerbase and i dont think it will get many people because of the uber marketing strategies these cowboys have. 1 month to go and i still have'nt seen any advertising for this game, have you? didnt think so, unless the front page of this website is classed as advertising.

I wasn't having a go at you.

If i was i wouldn't have been so nice about my question.

msdong
01-08-04, 21:15
O_o so because the all other ways are hard you ppl want to get XP by using a broken game mechanism(Exploid XP)?

hmm, ill better not think any further on that toppic....

Birkoff
01-08-04, 21:15
Yea h bring them back already.

manderf
01-08-04, 21:46
is it really that hard to remove the exp gain from it? i dont see why kk had to make hunting with vchs and op battles suck bbecause once they take dmg you have to go drive to a depot and pay an assload to get them fixed. Good example of something they should of left to fix for bdoy but try to do a quick patch job and fuck it up. Ya at least put back in the tradeskilling and imping xp for monk dex, i mean wtf they already have a hard time capping intel.

Bozz-Von Mel
01-08-04, 23:23
Playing Eve, cancelling NC at end of week. Call me when remote tools are back.

eric-the-ded
02-08-04, 03:10
kids. when i was your age i used a phos modded street rifle for monk dex. up hill. BOTH WAYS.
it was slow but it worked. and i didn't have too many points to LoM when i was done. i dunno how well that works these days and that repair exploit happened while i was away. but it'd probably be the way i lvl monk dex again. if i had a monk.

Bozz-Von Mel
03-08-04, 01:22
Never knew about the exploit till the tool was taken away. Used the remote repair tool with my "capped" PE to repair his vehicle while hunting. Now that the tool is gone the char is virtualy useless to me. Everything I did revolved around him collecting rares at a very high rate, since my playing time is limited. Sure I could run back to the ASG every 3 min, but why? This was the straw that broke the camels back as far as I am concerned.

-FN-
03-08-04, 01:26
Until they fix the abilty to perform task A while task B is true, leave it off... vague, but ya'll know what I mean :rolleyes: Freaky's code said it better.

MeWhiteWolf
03-08-04, 05:37
likewise didn't know about the exploit till they took the tool off me.
i have no monk char -at all i have a tank who has spent many points in repair to fix his combat hovertech.
which was destroyed the other day since there was a chaser and prosecutor between me and the asg i was trying to get to after i killed a chaser.
when i had 30% i would have got off fixed her up and gone on my way.

now i have some metal pipes, plates and wire junk left..... thx kk
and while ur at it fix my le'd droner too since that's 2 chars in record time u've stuffed up.