PDA

View Full Version : Games Convention 2004

Jailbird
31-07-04, 20:47
hi guys,

As the majority doesnt know, I am enjoying my vacation in Switzerland and that day I was watching the german version of NBC and they had a nice 3 hours computer show called Giga and there was an advertisment about the German 2004 Games Convention since everything is in german am not sure bout everything but I think it will take place in August 19-22.

I think that by then NC2 will be ready to be played and the Games Convention would be a gread opurtunity for KK to get some players even though its in germany but it wouold be aired live on NBC. they also got some cool competition like best game or favorite hero.

so is KK gonna participate in it and show the playable version of NC2 to the public? and maybe some more videos and features?

ya, and i hope NC2 doesnt have fatals to avoid embarassing situations ;)

Edit: oh forgot to give links
GC 2004 (http://www.gc-germany.de/)
Giga (http://www.giga.de/)

Richard Angelus
31-07-04, 21:14
Yes KK will be there with some employee like Thanatos at 2 exhibition stands (at publisher and one at Northstar Developer)
for sure there will be a playable version and there will be also some events at the GC (don't know more)

[TgR]KILLER
31-07-04, 21:18
With the best german i know ( none :p ) i found the list of stands.. and first on the list was..

10tacel studios AG

afaik.. they were gonna publish NC2.. so thats good..

tho no KK on the list as far as i can see.

as Richard Angelus said in the post above.. Northstar Developers GbR* is there tho.. but who are they ? or am i being silly now ?

Tratos
31-07-04, 21:20
KILLER']With the best german i know ( none :p ) i found the list of stands.. and first on the list was..

10tacel studios AG

afaik.. they were gonna publish NC2.. so thats good..

tho no KK on the list as far as i can see.BigBen Interactive is the publisher :p and as KK and 10t are sort of combined KK will be at the 10T booth itd imagine :D

BigBen are also there so two booths for NC2, lol

[TgR]KILLER
31-07-04, 21:25
ow yea like i knew that :p just watched the starting of the trailer again and relised..

anyway.. still who's Northstar Developers GbR then ?

Richard Angelus
31-07-04, 21:34
Northstar Developers are some german gamestudios who combined their 'power' to help each other (i think) and this way they can get a stand at the GC (last year they got some money from a "Bundesland" to get a stand at the GC)

[TgR]KILLER
31-07-04, 21:35
a sort of overseeing organasation making sure the smaller companies get into big venues like this one then ? or am i reading it wrong.

Richard Angelus
31-07-04, 21:40
this is right as far as I know
the good thing last year was, that you could talk about every game at the Northstar stand with the developer (employee) directly and play the game
you just had to ask :D

Jailbird
31-07-04, 23:39
Yes KK will be there with some employee like Thanatos at 2 exhibition stands (at publisher and one at Northstar Developer)
for sure there will be a playable version and there will be also some events at the GC (don't know more)

oh cool thats nice, too bad am only in switzerland allthough ill stay the whole 3 days in my hotel room watching that live on NBC :)

I hope KK give the camera man enough money to film the NC2 stand for a long time.

A cool thing would be if KK places a live cam directed to their stand or film the whole thing and place it for DL.

Tratos
31-07-04, 23:43
it would be cool if they get people to play NC2 there to just record them playing it and then add some comentary, it would be cool, it would give us a chance to see the game working and for KK to show it off and talk about it.

Sort of like what they did with Halo 2 at E3

Ryuben
01-08-04, 01:33
it would be cool if they get people to play NC2 there to just record them playing it and then add some comentary, it would be cool, it would give us a chance to see the game working and for KK to show it off and talk about it.

Sort of like what they did with Halo 2 at E3
and when it fatals what you do then :o :lol:

Jailbird
01-08-04, 16:20
and when it fatals what you do then :o :lol:

They should introduce a new feature were if you fatal a video clip of your character dying plays then "GAME OVER" appears and then your kicked to your desktop ;)

other than that KK will just run a video clip of game play and there will be someone like Thanatos on the keyboard pretending to play and saying that finally NC is bug free.

juvestar15
01-08-04, 16:21
drac, alu wants you to contact him. Blood Tear is one of his char's names on Uranus.