PDA

View Full Version : War Stories

greendonkeyuk
31-07-04, 19:48
Feeling a bit nostalgic today (watched king arthur the other night) and so im in the mood for some tales of great deeds and hardened warriors winning against insurmountable odds. I want to hear tales that grandmas will tell young runners fresh out of mc5. So who has a good ol war yarn for me. it can be about an opfight, some pking or whatever, please keep the bullshit level down tho chaps, i dont want completely made up stories here where you killed 20 people alone without even a ppu buff... :rolleyes:

Also please no clan bashing, those poor buggers have had enough for one day... :lol:

underground do any of the old hybrids still play? i know of one on my server who does. Dont know many (any?) on the other servers apart from i think it was soulcutter on saturn. Not sure if he still plays as ive never played saturn in my life.

Underground
31-07-04, 19:51
i dont want completely made up stories here where you killed 20 people alone without even a ppu buff... :rolleyes:

O_o Fenix did that on pluto in TH2 against i think 24 people or somethin, before the melee boost O_o

Lets hear some old skool hybrid stories :D

[TgR]KILLER
31-07-04, 20:01
O_o Fenix did that on pluto in TH2 against i think 24 people or somethin, before the melee boost O_o

Lets hear some old skool hybrid stories :D

just saying TH2 i think it can be right :p

because like.. FA sucks in pvp.. they are so smart to go in 1 by 1 and nobody talks to eachother.. lol.. not real hard to kill loads of them that way..

but as you said it was before the melee boost.. thus before [TgR] was back.. we don't go in alone.. and fenix wouldn't have done that if we had a change of jumping his ass :angel:

but.. we'r going offtopic *shuts up*

Richard Slade
31-07-04, 20:02
This one time... At bandit camp......

Naww you don't want to hear it

Clownst0pper
31-07-04, 20:12
Back in the day Ikari was a pistol PE, when liberator had been nerfed, had a stupidly small clip, and awfull dmg, I pottered from cycrow, and there was twist3d and 187 on there tanks (almost capped)

I killed them both with 3/4 HP left and from then on fell in love with the liberator :rolleyes:

Rade
31-07-04, 20:18
Well, since you are begging for it..

This is about 14-16 months ago, before stealth and all that, I was in the
gang at the time which are mostly US players so I was alone most of the
time during european daytime. At the time you didnt need 3 hackers take an
OP so what I would do to get a fight was to go to an OP, usually NDA, and
hack a layer and wait, they would come and we would have a nice fight. This
time I went for nemesis lab which was owned by a CM clan at the time.
When I get there I notice that the place is turreted because I get shot by an
artillery turret when approaching the OP, they had just been implemented so
people were using them for some reason. I go inside the OP to to hack a
layer when I notice that there is already a tank inside the OP and the OP is
filled with gatlin and laser turrets. We shock eachother (everyone was
carrying shockers at the time and they shocked bad) and I begin doing my
usual jumping around with the judge and kill him. I run in and hack one layer
and when the hack finishes a 3 more of the clan comes runnning so they
must have been really close. I somehow manage to kill them while still taking
fire from the turrets when running around in the OP. Run in and hack one
more layer, then two spies comes running but I kill those swiftly, now Im
starting to get low health from the turrets and whatnot, I hack the last layer
and rush down to set the security just as two tanks enter the OP. When I
come back up they are already at half health from the turrets an I cut them
down in notime. So, all in all, 8 ppl + a OP full of turrets conquered solo
without stealth. Was a good day.

What else is there - The old System Shock vs 14K Triad war, one of the first
if not the first big clan war on pluto. We scaled the ladders of Soliko lab with
our tangent assault rifles or whatever else crap we could wield at the time
only to meet SS which had far outleveled us and cut us down with Plasma
Rifles and HEW burners. Was nasty. One or two weeks later I had Konrad
(14K Triad leader) relaying eRAZORs location from the citycom while I chased
him over 4 zones only to find am APC parked outside a swamp cave, blew it
up and went inside to meet eRAZOR and some other SS, I got the lower level
SS but erazor got me, evidently erazor threw a fit about me killing his car,
500k was a huge deal at the time.

Cytaur
31-07-04, 20:25
back in Eradicators days...

I organized an assault on McPherson factory that was owned by our arch-nemesis EoB. Total force was made out of 3 full Rhino crews, an APC and some minor vehicles. Took an hour or so to get everyone at rendez-vous point and organize the vehicles. Along the road we kept a line formation just to see McP empty (which wasn't before our arrival). We took it anyways. So much effort was put into organizing that possy yet we didn't get a chance to see how effective was it. It resembled much like those old Soviet Army parades :lol:

Centuri
31-07-04, 20:32
Ok I have posted this before I think on here not sure, but here it is again, I will try and write up another one shortly if I get the time. This took place just a week or so after the pluto server was added.

Greetings old friends and old enemies.

I am Centuri, the founder of the Orginal Neocron Defense Agency. My faction was tangent, leaders in weapon constructions aswell as other things. The N.D.A was formed as an independing organisation to help keep peace within the city walls. Our primary objectives where to try and keep peace in sectors like Outzone and Pepper Park, where daily gun fights broke out. However these where not the only places where people where being assulted and killed. Our patrol zones where soon expanded to cover sewers and cellars throughout the Plaza zones.

Shortly after N.D.A was formed, we began to save up funds and equipment and create strong ties with other clans who had a similar if not same objectives as us. One of our first true allies was a clan known as Tangent Gun Runners, aka TGR. This was a clan formed by two men, Dersior and Pitspawn. For several weeks both of our clans worked together and assisted the other whenever a problem came up.

I remember one instant when I was on patrol through Plaza 2 I arrived at the entrance of the aggressor cellars, which was located inside the weapon store, just opposite the drug store. There I began to buff up and make sure I had enough ammo and that my plasma rifle was in working order. I always made sure that my weapon was in a working order before entering any of the sewers or cellars. They where dangerous places to enter, with no copbots patrolling them, they where prime spots for assults and theft.

After doing the primary checks I was set to enter the cellar and begin my patrol for any hostile targets.

I entered the cellar and all was clear, I made my way to the first door and stepped through, on my right there was a private eye using a low grade pistol, he was ducked behind a pipe shooting at an aggressor. These where mutant type creatures that seemed to just keep moving around the cellars. They where a good sorce of income, often they would drop a pistol which certain weapon stores would pay nicely for.
On my left there was a psi monk, he was using an energy weapon against the aggressors. They both seem to be doing well against the aggressor with neither of them taking much damage and the aggressor losing his life fast all seemed ok here.

I walked along the left side of the cellar, making sure not to get into the cross fire, as I turned the corner I saw a tank which seemed to have blood stains on him, he seemed rather upset, about something. I asked him what had happened and he said he had just been attacked and killed someone in self defence. I asked him to follow me back to the entrance of the cellar so that I could take a statement. We walked back to the entrance where he began to tell me what had happened. I was able to find out this tank was a member of the Madji clan which was a fairly large clan at that time. They had numbers however none of them where highly skilled with a weapon yet. They where all still in training. Half way through taking the statement Dersior one of the founders of TGR entered the cellar, he pulled out his weapon and aimed it at the tank which I was questioning. I raised my weapon and ask Derisor to lower his weapon and discuss what had happened. Since he was a friend of mine and his clan was allied with mine I didn't want to have to shoot him.

He lowered his weapon and I asked him for his version of what happened. He told me that he was fighting an aggressor when suddenly he was shot from behind by someone, when he turned around it was a member of Madji, so he began to open fire, but because of his current battle with the aggressor and having both of them attack him at the same time, he had no chance of surviving.
Now dersior was similar to me, his rifle skills where among the best at that time, and he was using weapons that where more powerful than what the average citizen could handle.

Shortly after telling his side of the story they both began arguing saying that the other person was lying. It had now been about 5 minutes since Derisor had entered the cellar and we had begun discussing what happened. When another two members of Madji entered the cellar. They didn't raise there weapons or seem hostile, they just entered and walked to the side and watched. I didn't think much of it, they seemed to carry low level weapons which to me was not much of a threat.
The madji member said that he wasn't trying to shoot derisor but was trying to hit the aggressor instead. This to me seemed like a mistake, I tried to get them both to appologies and shake hands to bring this to a friendly end.
Derisor agreed that he would consider the situation a mistake and was willing to make peace, the Madji member said he needed to think for a few minutes on what he wanted to do.

While we was waiting I noticed that another three members of Madji had entered the cellar, this time one of them was carrying a laser blade which made me a little concerned. Another one of the members was a psi monk, however his powers where not much of a threat from what I could tell by the spells that he was carrying.

I asked the Madji member if he could ask that his clan mates left the area while we was sorting out this problem, I recieved no respond from him. Then another couple of people entered the cellar a couple of them where members of other clans but one of them was a member of Madji, this now made around seven or so members of Madji and me and Derisor all in this small entrance room of the aggressor cellars.

All of a sudden a Madji psi monk opened fire on Derisor, within seconds there was gun fire all over the place, I quickly pulled out my plasma rifle and targetted the nearest Madji member, it was just a matter of shots before he fell too the ground. I could see Derisor putting up a fight against two members of Madji just on the other side of the room. A madji psi monk was still opening fire on Derisor so I turned and began to open first on the psi monk, with a blast he was dead. Then from behind me I heard the sound of a laserblade being swung, as I turned I had a Madji tank running at me with a laser blade, it took a few minutes to be able to avoid being hit much and aiming my rifle at him and taking him down. As I looked over to Derisor I had noticed that he had taken down the two Madji that he was fighting and now he was in a gun fight with another member. It seemed as if the fight would soon be over with Madji members dieing fast and Derisor and myself taking little damage we would soon have this mess sorted out. To my shock I saw four other Madji members enter the sewer two of them where previous members we had killed, they must have used a genrep and ran straight back here. Through the door next to the entrance I saw another member of TGR enter, Pitspawn must have heard the gun shots and decided to investigate, with his help we was able to put up a strong fight against the odds. For 10 minutes the fight had gone on for, Derisor, Pitspawn and myself now hurt and getting close to dieing, we had killed over ten of them now however they just seemed to have called in every member they had. Pitspawn was the first to die, since he had just recently started to relearn how to use a rifle he was still weak, then Derisor fell to the ground, it had seemed that Madji had got a little more organised and had told there people to concentrate on one target.
It wasn't long before I had a barriage of gun fire heading my way, with my health slipping away I managed to take another one of them out before I felt myself being gen repped back at my appartment.

It had been an intensive battle, but it was not gonna end like that, I called over the comms for all patrols to meet met outside Plaza 2 aggressor cellars, TGR had also called in more of there clan members. As we gathered outside we saw members of Madji make a run out of the cellar. By the time we entered they had made a run for it.

After later communications with the leader of Madji, I found out they where never willing to make peace with TGR and since NDA was in there way they decided to kill us aswell. From that pointed NDA and TGR formed a war pact against Madji.

Over the next week, both of our clans worked together to do regular patrols of all sewers, cellars and zones in Neocron for Madji members, the number of kills hit the double figures and it wasn't long before the clan Madji fell apart. This was one of the first successful clan battles that NDA took part in and I was proud to lead such a strong clan.

However that was just one of the first battles, there where many many more to come in NDA's future.

For now I will leave you with that.

Another day I will tell a tale of another great battle or one of our interesting hunts.

May peace be with you.

- Centuri Omega

seraphian
31-07-04, 20:37
This isn't as good as some of the ones up there, but it's still a story about taking on great odds...

IT happened right after I clanned up, so I was like rank 35 maybe, using a liquidfire rifle or maybe just the basic plasma rifle, had a sniper rifle as my long range.

saw 4 midbie (rank 40 or so) BDs go down into the newb sewer in plaza 4, now I should point out at this time on Pluto, BD had a LOT of asshats, at least twice the AH-CB (asshat to carebear) ratio of like, NexT or CM. They're up to no good, or at least it's pretty obvious they are.

I jump down, go under the grate (by the water and the plants) to follow them, find them harrassing a newb by the rats. Pop around the end by hte ladder, come up, put a few sniper rounds into the Melee tank's legs, he doesn't realize anything is going on, so I buff up and charge out to engage. Drop the tank before the PPU realizes what's going on... the PPU (who's a bit lower than the others, like rank 30, but he's still a PPU) buffs the others, I run back into the open area, telling hte newb to run for it. After about 5 minutes of the bat-and-hammer routiene in the open area in the sewer, the Pistol PE and the other tank are dead (one too poison stacks from the plants I kept running them around, one to my plasma, and hte PPU is running for hte exit.

He got away, and I got the hell out before more showed up.

I feel pretty proud of dropping 2 rank 40 tanks and a PE who had PPU support (Who did kind of suck, I'm not THAT good :lol:) and wounding a PPU. with a rifle spy.

ichinin
31-07-04, 22:16
Me and E.A.R.L was out hunting like 6-7 months ago at F_08. I tagged some warbies, he did too. Ended up getting 5-6 warbies around us, i said something funny about "The Alamo" and we both had a laugh while we started to pick em off..

[TgR]KILLER
31-07-04, 22:23
*cough* din't read the full story centuri just posted.. but saw the TGR thing pass by.. just to clear up the fact it aint [TgR] he's talking about at least afaik.. think its tangent gun runners he meens..

Doc Holliday
01-08-04, 01:45
do u really need me to post some of ours....... :rolleyes:

Dirk_Gently
01-08-04, 01:53
I regularly rise from the dead. Does that count??

manderf
01-08-04, 03:16
erm like a couple weeks ago i killed a capped tank and a tank my rank, with a tl 38 weapon and my rank was 35/40. Neither of them crashed but i think the reason they lost was because they where trying to aoe me lol.

Birkoff
01-08-04, 03:34
Had many but only one i have a screeny of, fight we had with gang after they came back and demanded there OPs back me(hybrid) skye(hc tank) and ivory(ppu) deffended jankins against many waves of attacks (10+ ppl)

Rade will remmeber :P

[TgR]KILLER
01-08-04, 10:49
skye is a good guy din't see him for an age.. remember comming back from a hunt and going to a gr from a nearby op to get back to TH.. and he just stoot there infront of the GR.. i was like fuck.. so clicked on the gr.. and was like.. hmm he aint shooting :p we just talked for 15 min or so lol.. he was dark btw.. and me fa.. don't get along that well ;)