PDA

View Full Version : Firefox question

Crono
31-07-04, 05:19
heya guys, i see most of u use a non IE browser and many use firefox. Is there a way to re import new IE favorites besides re installing? it doesnt seem to use a folder or a file that i can see to store its favorites and i diddnt find a option to re import the favorites, only has that apon re install ><

thanks guys

-Crono

[EDIT]

wow i found it >< it was under File :)

Archeus
31-07-04, 06:58
If you have the latest firefox, check out the tools-extensions menu BugmeNot plugin and one window plugin are good. If you have gmail, it has a plugin for that as well (so you can click a mailto link and get a gmail composer).

Also a nice ad blocker (right click on an ad and select block and it blocks all their ads).

athon
31-07-04, 11:02
Firefox stores it's bookmarks in a file called 'bookmarks.html' in its data directory - but I forget exactly where that is (I'm on my linux box atm). It's somewhere under c:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

Check the extensions site (update.mozilla.org) - there may be an extension for importing bookmarks from IE - there's also mozdev (mozdev.mozilla.org?) which has lots of extensions on.

Also check File -> Import.

Athon Solo

steweygrrr
31-07-04, 11:10
Firefox stores it's bookmarks in a file called 'bookmarks.html' in its data directory - but I forget exactly where that is (I'm on my linux box atm). It's somewhere under c:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

Check the extensions site (update.mozilla.org) - there may be an extension for importing bookmarks from IE - there's also mozdev (mozdev.mozilla.org?) which has lots of extensions on.

Also check File -> Import.

Athon Solo

AFAIK latest version imports them for you. It asks on install whether you want to import your IE bookmarks for use with Firefox.

Archeus
31-07-04, 11:11
AFAIK latest version imports them for you. It asks on install whether you want to import your IE bookmarks for use with Firefox.

There is also an import option on the file menu (he mentioned already though)