PDA

View Full Version : Question about M-C Tanks.

Shujin
31-07-04, 04:13
I havent played a tank for a very long time, so i decided to make a new one on uranus.

Well i went to A & W to check the selection of melee weps and seen that the TL's of melee weapons have been completely reoganized.. is this purposeful or a bug O_o because having to use starting wep up to about 10 levels is kinda... shit, then having to use that for 10 levels... shit... from Str 5 - 27 there are only are only 2 TLs u can use. TL1, knucles stiletto and that that other knife. then TL 13 bat.

wow O_o big ol' selection there...

Vince Kyzar
31-07-04, 04:17
i just started a melee tank a couple of days ago and first of all i got my psi up to 10 with normal missions for protopharm .. was kinda easy, you need some money though if you don't wanna recycle the chems yourself .. and then i took drugs and leveled with the bat ... it doesn't take long to get past that phase :)

Shujin
31-07-04, 04:20
;P yea i just like to not rely on alt chars money when I make new chars so i usually level pretty slow ;]

but starting in TG levels u a bit faster than nc because the cave mobs kick ass for leveling ;D and getting the junk off them and selling them is great

Vince Kyzar
31-07-04, 04:23
well it's the only char i got and it's on a brand new account (i took a break from neocron for a couple of months ... again) but a couple of old friends were nice enough to give me some money ;)

Mr_Snow
31-07-04, 04:58
Yeah they seem to of left a gap between tl 1 and tl 13 which is only filled with the tl 5 beggar electroshocker which cant really be used for hurting mobs, I thought one of the purposes of the TL rework was to eliminate these sort of gaps and hopefully they will fix this oversight.

Shujin
31-07-04, 05:05
well u know that saying dont fix something thats not broken... well i think they got confused and thought well... if you cant fix it then what else can you do? break it! and so they did.

Mr_Snow
31-07-04, 05:08
There was worse gaps in melee at one stage, something 20 levels, I think between something like 44 and 67 (I might be wrong on the exact levels), if they changed shockers from being a para weapons to being a pure energy weapon it would sort out that gap and they dumbass melee shocker spam at ops.

Soothsayer
31-07-04, 09:55
Melee damage is now directly related to the TL of the weapon you are using. I have noticed that there is a notable difference in damage between the TL 1 stiletto and the TL 5 knuckles.

Don't forget about the junk knife (TL21) and the brassknuckles (TL24).

Richard Angelus
31-07-04, 10:07
look here (http://www.sheriff-hardy.de/Nahkampfwaffen.htm)
it's ok I think
I see no big TL jumps

/Edit: ok jump from 65 to 76 is the only one

r0ti0n
31-07-04, 10:56
TL=5

STR=1
Knuckles

Crappy Baseball Bat

Freaky Fryd
31-07-04, 15:07
Yeah, that first gap is a good distance, but there's more than 2 TLs of weapons to use between 5 & 27

STR 13 - Baseball Bat
STR 17 - Rusty Double-Edged Sword
STR 21 - Junkknife
STR 24 - Brassknuckles

(courtesy of http://nc.synergyxr.net )

Mr Kot
31-07-04, 15:40
and have you noticed how quickly tanks level STR at those low levels? Hell, u only have to join a team and go afk for a piss, and when u come back, u gained a couple of dings.

trust me, as soon as u work up enough M-C to cap the lower weapon, u will be ready to use the next two weapons.

I've really enjoyed levelling up my melee tank, as i love the higher TL weapons. There used to be not many weapons above TL56 or so, now there are loads. Long Laserblade II before patch : TL55. Now: TL83. I have a four slotter and it pwns. Although i can use rares now, i still use the long laserblade II as a hunting weapon. While hunting warbots, some TG tank came running at me with a CS, trying to kill me. I now have his dogtag, courtesy of my trusty non-rare :P

But here's the best bit: The construction cap is higher on lower TL weapons (94%), lower on the higher TL weapons (88% or 83%, i can't remember). If u got a low TL melee constructed and modded to 120% before the patch, u'll be laughing now their TL has been boosted a lot, while the stats remain impossibly high and can never be made as such now. ;)

Agent L
31-07-04, 20:23
lol, indeed, when leveling even with a STR1 weapon, you have to watch ut closelly, otherwise you'll pass STR 13 unnoticed. That is no problem at all....