PDA

View Full Version : Saturn's economy.

Glok
30-07-04, 22:45
Having started a new char a few weeks ago on Saturn, with a single handout right at the start (thanks Koro), I have to say the economy is not that bad. From a bunch of batch jobs for 4 and 5 slotted stuff, my char has made millions, and I already have the SS, SF, Cst glove, and all level 3 imps I will need (still need ress glove) for my planned setup. The only thing I can't seem to get is a TEP, which is only a stopgap anyways until I can use my BoH.

So... what is so bad about Saturns economy? I can't see anything wrong, really. :confused:

2ply
30-07-04, 22:47
People like to exagerate. I think people maybe seen one or two people yelling on trade 'PAYING 4 MILL FOR 1 PART OF <insert whichever new rare here>' and just said, 'fuck, this economy is screwed.'

It's not really THAT bad.

Sakletare
30-07-04, 22:47
The people complaining about Saturn's economy should visit Pluto, the prices there are about the double compared to Saturn.

SorkZmok
30-07-04, 22:49
The inexperienced noob is still completely fucked. And its not his fault.

SypH
30-07-04, 23:05
I try not to screw people out of money. It doesnt help the overall situation but I like to do my bit. Some guy offered me 3 mil for a 0 slot Holy Lightning I had just built. For a 0 slotter I thought 1 mil would have been a great price, but 3 million?! Sold it for 2 million since I didnt want to be a complete bastard about prices and I made a nice profit:)

Vim
31-07-04, 00:20
One thing which is good on Saturn is u can buy almost everything, even if it costs so much money u can buy it. Visit Venus if u want to see a server where everyone wants to keep every Tech he finds ...

Maybe with luck u'll can buy a complete SF / SS but it's only luck ..
I play on Venus ( cause am french ^^ ) and i used to play on saturn, i really prefer a server where i can buy something than a server where u cant buy a single part just for money ...
So boring ...
U dont se anyone saying : WTB Judge CP & OP , and more sad, if u say it nobody will sell, cause they just trade the only part they need, letting huge stocks of TP wasting time in all their appartement ...
Being alone is just a waste of time ... u need to be clanned or u get nothing ..

MrChumble
31-07-04, 01:29
So... what is so bad about Saturns economy? I can't see anything wrong, really. :confused:

Try making money as a tank. Its damn near impossible until you get to rank 40-50, then you can get rares, and suddenly you're loaded.

It's kinda pointless to worry about this (and everything else come to that) until we see what changes have been made in BDOY.

Ryuben
31-07-04, 01:43
Try making money as a tank. Its damn near impossible until you get to rank 40-50, then you can get rares, and suddenly you're loaded.

It's kinda pointless to worry about this (and everything else come to that) until we see what changes have been made in BDOY.
its like that on all servers

a batch of 50 rares would = about 3 mill if u was lucky (keeping hte parts u wan offc)

*shrug*

Now its just more parts are wanted i.e. M-C, and to some extent R-c + P-C

dogman jones
31-07-04, 01:51
I sold one terminator part for 17 million on saturn.

Because of all of "cheaters" the economy is fucked. Now that alot of them are gone... who knows maybe the economy will snap back into shape.

MrChumble
31-07-04, 02:00

Because of all of "cheaters" the economy is fucked. Now that alot of them are gone... who knows maybe the economy will snap back into shape.

No, it won't, unfortunately. Money is worth too much to newbies, and bugger all to experienced players. The whole system is shot to hell. The only saving grace is the emergent barter system is quite robust, but there's no way it couldn't be really, with a buggered monetary system barter is the only thing left.

dogman jones
31-07-04, 02:10
Eh.. item / money wipe when DoY comes out. Amen.

Clownst0pper
31-07-04, 02:12
Ive got your hawkins and a research glove if you need it, gimme a mail when you on :)

Hey, im a kind guy, ask shadow, he got loads- Feels good to help lowbies :D

Glok
31-07-04, 17:02
Ive got your hawkins and a research glove if you need it, gimme a mail when you on :)

Hey, im a kind guy, ask shadow, he got loads- Feels good to help lowbies :D 8|

I don't know what to say... I had actually decided to forget the Hawkins, since the chance of a clanless pistol tradeskiller spy getting MC5 stuff is next to zero. I'll shoot you an email next time I am on. :D

For those interested, so far my char has 62 research base, 102 cst base, 45 hack base, 63 weplore base, 112 PC, um 68 TC, 30 repair (will be more) and 50 recycle. I go to friendly labs and put in adv nerves for ressing, then pop over to friendly factories for csting. I cap quality on all non rares and have been getting good slot percentages. :)

40$Poser
31-07-04, 17:07
so 3 mil for the Add Tech of Paw of Bear isn't in the slightest way a bit too much?

I guess it honestly depends on the bidders or sellers. Sometimes things aren't so expensive. Other times people are just so greedy and won't sell til you offer them an insane amount of cash.

Glok
31-07-04, 17:11
so 3 mil for the Add Tech of Paw of Bear isn't in the slightest way a bit too much?

I guess it honestly depends on the bidders or sellers. Sometimes things aren't so expensive. Other times people are just so greedy and won't sell til you offer them an insane amount of cash.3 mil for a tech part is excessive, but who is gonna stop you from paying that much? I was watching trade last night too. :lol:

I remember when the Devourer first came out and I was playing on Pluto, parts were going for 7 million. :o

DonnyJepp
31-07-04, 19:20

I guess it honestly depends on the bidders or sellers. Sometimes things aren't so expensive. Other times people are just so greedy and won't sell til you offer them an insane amount of cash.

That's not too much. There didn't even used to be a ATP of PoB, so it's one of the rarer parts in the pool.

I have many of each of the old melee rare parts, but very few, if any, of the new parts from when they recently bumped the TLs of those weapons upwards.

Richard Slade
31-07-04, 19:58
Just the fact that I know more than a handful of people sitting on more than 250million bucks might tell you something about Saturns economy...
SF - 9million bucks, anyone?

Sakletare
31-07-04, 20:04
Just the fact that I know more than a handful of people sitting on more than 250million bucks might tell you something about Saturns economy...
SF - 9million bucks, anyone?
I just heard people on Pluto talking about having more than 900 million.

Richard Slade
31-07-04, 20:06
I just heard people on Pluto talking about having more than 900 million.

Well they might as well split it 50/50 between them and it's all good

trigger hurt
31-07-04, 20:40

heh...only one of those "cheaters" as you put it was banned for having and oddly huge amount of cash...the rest were for other reasons...so i doubt that's going to fix the economy.

Glok
31-07-04, 20:53
SF - 9million bucks, anyone?I got my SF for 4 million. My SS was 3.5 million (auction), and I payed 1.5 mil for the cst glove.

Richard Slade
31-07-04, 20:57
I got my SF for 4 million. My SS was 3.5 million (auction), and I payed 1.5 mil for the cst glove.
1½ years ago?

40$Poser
31-07-04, 20:58
That's not too much. There didn't even used to be a ATP of PoB, so it's one of the rarer parts in the pool.

I have many of each of the old melee rare parts, but very few, if any, of the new parts from when they recently bumped the TLs of those weapons upwards.

you bring up a good point, guess it's not so bad

ezza
31-07-04, 22:13
i just paid 3.7 million for a fire apoc.

now i didnt think that was too bad a price

however people paying the dumb prices like 20 millions for a melee part(thankfully the idiot who done this aint about now).

but if people are prepared to pay that then the prices will be touted.

personally ive not had more than 5million, and i would never pay over the top prices.

if the price aint right by me, i dont pay.

meh, somepeople do make economy look fucked, but most people dont have the money that people say if fux0ring the economy

1½ years ago? i paid 2 mil for my SF about 3 months ago, damned if i was gonna pay more

Richard Slade
31-07-04, 22:49
You paid that much for a 2slot fire apoc. insane IMO

Gohei
31-07-04, 22:56
I think many of those that does whine about Saturns economy doesn't even play saturn... I support about 8 chars on saturn and i'm not particulary rich.. I got about 5 millions in cr. But i still have nice equipement for all my chars, like high slotted weapons, imps, veichles and tools. If i trade with those players who does have like 100mil+ i most likely have something that they want as a trade for what i want of them (like rareparts, imps, gloves). It's not allways the one with most cash who controls a trade.

Getting equipement in NC is so easy, even if you don't have 200 million...

DonnyJepp
01-08-04, 00:17
Getting equipement in NC is so easy, even if you don't have 200 million...

The only thing I disagree with you on is this, with the tech parts drop rates still all borked up, it's pretty difficult to get full rares if you don't have a pool to trade with already.

FIX THE DAMN DROPS KK

jernau
01-08-04, 00:38
Having started a new char a few weeks ago on Saturn, with a single handout right at the start (thanks Koro), I have to say the economy is not that bad. From a bunch of batch jobs for 4 and 5 slotted stuff, my char has made millions, and I already have the SS, SF, Cst glove, and all level 3 imps I will need (still need ress glove) for my planned setup. The only thing I can't seem to get is a TEP, which is only a stopgap anyways until I can use my BoH.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has some sense here.

dogman jones
01-08-04, 01:03
heh...only one of those "cheaters" as you put it was banned for having and oddly huge amount of cash...the rest were for other reasons...so i doubt that's going to fix the economy.

I retort: Item and money wipe with DOY. Fixed.

ezza
01-08-04, 01:10
wrong the fix lasts for aweek or so, then your back to where we are now

Gohei
01-08-04, 01:11
The only thing I disagree with you on is this, with the tech parts drop rates still all borked up, it's pretty difficult to get full rares if you don't have a pool to trade with already.

FIX THE DAMN DROPS KK

It is odd, but that doesn't mean you can't get techies at all these days...

trigger hurt
01-08-04, 15:27
Fix what? That won't fix anything. But, it will make some more people leave the game.

DonnyJepp
01-08-04, 17:06
It is odd, but that doesn't mean you can't get techies at all these days...

Ok I take back what I said about the techs drop rate, they seem to have done some serious tweaking over the last couple weeks. Twice in the last 12 hours I've gotten a double (2 techs off one warbot), and weapon/vehiclepart drops seem almost normal again.

Statistically about the only time I've gotten consistent double drops is during a patch week :eek: 8|

Chew on that :D