PDA

View Full Version : First person aimming

LiL T
30-07-04, 22:16
I was just thinking that this game is missing this feature that is in many FPS games I know the right mouse button is used to open doors and stuff. But would it not be cool if the right mouse button put you into weapon scope mode like in the other FPS games. For Rifles this would be a really good and easy way to aim I could work even when your in 3rd person view pick your target then right click and aim.

SorkZmok
30-07-04, 22:20
Err? Explain again. Gimme an example from another game, as i dont really get what you mean.

Blargius
30-07-04, 22:22
:confused:
My commando zooms when I hold mouse2 down... It's damn irritating too. I'm sniping away at a WB a mile away whilst zoomed, and some ham sneaks up and blows up my hovertec (I'm LE atm) :mad:

LiL T
30-07-04, 22:26
:confused:
My commando zooms when I hold mouse2 down... It's damn irritating too. I'm sniping away at a WB a mile away whilst zoomed, and some ham sneaks up and blows up my hovertec (I'm LE atm) :mad:

Really ? I thought you had to press the mod key or am I just stupid for not checking it out :/

Edit: Well I think it should work for most weapons you kind of look behind a set of iron sights or something

Agent L
30-07-04, 22:33
You have to install scope into a weapon before you'll be able to zoom. Except for sniper rifle, which have one builtin. So what is wrong ? you want ALL weapons premodded with scope ?

LiL T
30-07-04, 22:37
You have to install scope into a weapon before you'll be able to zoom. Except for sniper rifle, which have one builtin. So what is wrong ? you want ALL weapons premodded with scope ?

Nope but I think it would make more sence if you could change to first person aim by clicking mouse button 2 as an option instead of ALT + E <--- just no good mid fight

Agent L
30-07-04, 22:52
Aha!
That idea is completly alien to me as I never play in TPP : D

Biznatchy
30-07-04, 23:02
I think what your really having a problem with is the way you cant move some key functions off an alt key press. If you could redifine the key config to not use the alt key on some functions then I think your problem would be better. That would mean you could put view mode on the mouse if you wanted.

But for some reason you cant take commands that are default to alt key press and move them to just a single key press.

Freaky Fryd
30-07-04, 23:02
As long as I could assign external/first person view switching to whatever button I want, then yes that sounds good.

I use Mouse 2 as jump, and the enter button as the use/activate/pickup button...

Seven
31-07-04, 04:58
I think what your really having a problem with is the way you cant move some key functions off an alt key press. If you could redifine the key config to not use the alt key on some functions then I think your problem would be better. That would mean you could put view mode on the mouse if you wanted.

But for some reason you cant take commands that are default to alt key press and move them to just a single key press.

Maybe it could be done in one of the "ini" files?

Drake6k
31-07-04, 05:54
Why the hell would someone vote no?

Birkoff
31-07-04, 07:13
I think some1 has been playing far to much farcry :)

I thought the same after i played farcry its such a nice way to do the aiming thing. But would be hard to implemeent :P

amfest
31-07-04, 07:24
how about when you pull out a weapon everyone automaticly goes into first person mode. :D

LiL T
31-07-04, 11:04
Why the hell would someone vote no?

Maybe I worded it wrong or maybe there the same people who give bad rep just for the hell of it o_O

eldiabloz
31-07-04, 11:30
Completely agree...

Dru Blood
31-07-04, 12:34
why not bind mouse button 2 to scope mod then? its done within the options, just use another key to open doors.

Spikadelia
31-07-04, 13:17

Maybe it could be done in one of the "ini" files?

Yep......over to the more computer literate in the forum. Is this possible?

..i..DemonX
31-07-04, 15:33
I voted no, cuz well i understand it wrong or i just not get the point on it realy. I mean if u have a Rifle with a Scope u have 2 ways to activate, the Sniper rifles "auto" Zoom when u hold down Fire long enuff, the Scope u build on other Rifles activates by default when u press num block 2 i think.
I realy not see where that need to be changed?

..i..DemonX
31-07-04, 15:36
Yep......over to the more computer literate in the forum. Is this possible?

Called Keys.ini ... there ya can change all Keys as well.

Agent L
31-07-04, 20:26
afaik if you remove alt from "special action", you won't be able to perform any "special action" (fpp/tpp, trade on of, quick direct reply, etc) at all.

Zeninja
31-07-04, 20:46
No. Put a grenade launcher capability on Pain Easer and double barrel on Termi !