PDA

View Full Version : Making your clothes red!

Vid Gamer
30-07-04, 20:40
I have been trying for the past 10 minutes to get my clothes a nice red, sorta like the red in Pepper Park, but I cannot do it! All I get is a darkened, murky red that looks more like brown then anything else, or I get too much purple in there.

Where should I put the sliders on the Rokk terminal!?

OpTi
30-07-04, 20:48
should have a few premade colours on them things and the sliders if you wanna make your own colour.

Jest
30-07-04, 20:56
It seems to depend on the type of clothes you are wearing. Red is a hard color, it seems to get either too pink or two brown like you said. Hopefully the whole character thing in NC2 will let us pick the red we want. In the mean time keep working on it, maybe change clothes types and try the same colors.

Juht
30-07-04, 21:08
Bring the brightness slider to the right so that the left side of the slider square is about even with the 'I' in the word brightness. I find that position to be the nicest range of colors when you change the color slider from there. Red is found when you bring the color slider all the way to the right.

Drake6k
30-07-04, 21:40
Yes red is all the way to the right. The preview window isnt accurate either. If you have the darkness up a little and cant see in preview its often enough to show bright when you "buy". PEs get a red jacket already. Pick something that is already red... or something that isnt dark.

Vid Gamer
30-07-04, 21:53
Thanks, I'll try it when I get home tonight. :)

EDIT: I have it the way Juht says and asked people and said I'm not really that red, so I guess I have to change clothing.

Juht
30-07-04, 22:03
Yeah the darkness of the original clothing will have a very large factor in what you'll look like, since the coloring is just a color shade applied to the original texture. So dark clothing is hard to color, anything bright is pretty easy.

As far as what you look like to other, it depends heavily on how much they've tweaked they're contrast/brightness/gamma in the game settings. I know mine is very weird at times for when I'm in certain places.

Agent L
30-07-04, 22:54
as red as you can get afaik is apu PA falling out :D

SilentEye
31-07-04, 00:52
All bless SWG.

Tratos
31-07-04, 01:02
All bless SWG.
Silence.

MrChumble
31-07-04, 01:08
Silence.

No. Praise where it's due. The char creation on SWG is excellent. In fact it's the only part of the game I enjoyed. Having created a char that was exactly as I wanted I was disappointed to discover the rest of the game was about as exciting as watching your hdd defrag.

Tratos
31-07-04, 01:11
No. Praise where it's due. The char creation on SWG is excellent. In fact it's the only part of the game I enjoyed. Having created a char that was exactly as I wanted I was disappointed to discover the rest of the game was about as exciting as watching your hdd defrag.
Actualy yes that is a good point, the character creation is very impressive, i only hope this is the same case for NC2.

Vid Gamer
31-07-04, 03:34
Okay, I think I got a suitable red for now. Thanks. :)

seraphian
31-07-04, 08:37
brightness ahs a lot to do with it too, if you';re too lioght the color is pinkish, to dark and it's murky

G.0.D.
31-07-04, 09:21
Wish you coulde make your clothing pure white aswell... (White wizard any one?)

Omnituens
31-07-04, 09:23
Hopefully they remake it to a RGB system + brightness slider.

Agent L
31-07-04, 11:27
Hopefully they remake it to a RGB system + brightness slider.
rgb can't have brightness. HSB has.
I'd like to see *real* hsb instead this weird saturation-brightness hybrid we have now.

Omnituens
31-07-04, 13:18
rgb can't have brightness. HSB has.
I'd like to see *real* hsb instead this weird saturation-brightness hybrid we have now.
good point, i was thinking RGBA, and making your character transparent is kinda cheating.

Agent L
31-07-04, 21:00
I like hardcore, but hsb is so much user friendly : D
hehe, never thought about letting players modify alpha, THAT would turn NC into a ghosttown : D