PDA

View Full Version : Make all classes hybrids

RayBob
30-07-04, 18:06
This is my suggestion to solve the overdependence on PPUs for PvP problem: Make all classes hybrids.

All classes would be responsible for their own buffing, shielding, and healing. No one class would play the healer role as this role always ends up being the most important in all PvP-focused RPGs. Hybrids are arguably the most challenging class to play as they require the greatest situational awareness having to fill both defensive and offensive roles.

This change would eliminate the dependence on PPUs and require all classes to rely on their own skills for survival. Would it be balanced? Let’s look at an APU vs. a tank at a current day OP fight. Let’s assume that both were buffed and supported by a PPU. Even though a tank has more than double the CON, it is still a fair fight. Why? Because the tank’s higher CON is balanced by the fact that the APU does higher damage.

1. Delete the PPU stat and delete all current PPU spells.

2. Create the following new spells:

Leveling up Spells

Basic Heal — Restrictions: Rank 5
Basic Deflector — Restrictions: Rank 5
Basic Shelter — Restrictions: Rank 20

(The strength of these spells would be the same as the current TL3 heal, TL3 Deflector, and TL 25 Shelter)

End-game Spells

Heal — Restrictions: Rank 50
Deflector — Restrictions: Rank 50
Shelter — Restrictions: Rank 55

According to neocron.ems.ru, a self-cast capped Blessed Shelter provides 57% protection against elemental damage which I think is way too high. A capped Holy Shelter provides 75% protection but foreign cast that would be 37.5%. This 37.5% is what most of us experience at an OP fight when all parties have been PPU buffed and it is just about right.

I propose that this new end-game shelter have 30% protection (just a little weaker than the current foreign cast Holy Shelter). The new end-game deflector would have the same 30% protection and the Heal would be at the current Blessed Heal level

Trade Buff — Restrictions: Rank 40
+15 CST +15 RES +15 REC +15 IMP +15 BRT +15 TRAN

Field Buff — Restrictions: Rank 45
+15 AGL +15 HACK +15 VHC +15 END

Combat Buff: — Restrictions Rank 45
+15 HC, Melee, PC, RC, APU, RCL (as individual spells or all-in-one, not really important)
+15 TC +15 WEP +15 WLP +15 PSU

Health Buff: — Restrictions: Rank 50
+10 ATH +20 HLT +15 Fire +15 Energy +15 X-ray +15 Poison

TheGreatMilenko
30-07-04, 18:08
to powerful i say no

Opar
30-07-04, 18:13
No.... just, no.

People choose to specialize in whatever skill they choose, PPUs WILL be nerfed again, soon. Trust me. Everything does.

In the mean time, level and LoM.

RayBob
30-07-04, 18:48
to powerful i say noWithout explaining why you think that, your comment is not of much value. I am not flaming you, but why bother posting if you don't have the time or desire to formulate a reasonable rebuttal?

No.... just, no. People choose to specialize in whatever skill they choose, PPUs WILL be nerfed again, soon. Trust me.People would still specialize as they do now in the weapons and trade skills of their choice. The only affected specialty is—obviously—the PPUs. Nerfing PPUs is not the right choice (in my opinion). So long as the healer specialization exists, it will be required for PvP.

.hack//sign
30-07-04, 18:58
umm...+rep for trying but i dont like it at all :(

Shujin
30-07-04, 19:01
Just seems a bit odd to me O_o

RayBob
30-07-04, 19:02
umm...+rep for trying but i dont like it at all :( :D Thanks.

RayBob
30-07-04, 19:06
Just seems a bit odd to me O_oYea, I know. But right now it seems OP fights all come down to which side had more and the better PPUs. It's just one possible idea to solve the problem.

Dribble Joy
30-07-04, 20:00
Ugh, not really.

Is this for ALL classes?

I prefer the differences in play style;
PEs: Low offence, high defence,
Spies: Lowish offense, med defence, (remember stealth, as bugged as it is :p)
Tanks: Med offence, med defence
APU: High offence, low defence.

Even with minor sheilds these distinct playstyles become much less distinguishable.
The difference between tanks an PEs has little to do with thier CON values, it's all down to PEs haveing shileds and tanks not having them, tanks having great big fuck off cannons and PEs having small arms.
Same applies between the others.

If you give them all shields then the difference in defence comes down to hp/armour. Look at how much difference 50 points of armour does above 120, 1.5% decrease in PvP dmg taken, then look at shields, 4% on the basic shelter.

You would have to drastically change the dmg that the classes currently do in order to balance them.
APUs and spies would have to do the same, the spies more probably due to monks having their armour.
Tanks would do what they do now (as a reference point if anything) and PEs would have to do a load more than they do now.

The classes being unbalanced due to all having shields is the very reason why we currently have unbalance in PvP and why so many of us (that have brains) are calling for self cast s/d.

I keep saying this over and over today, and some people want the same, a return to beta and no PPU spells above tl 40 except rez. With the rest left as it is (bar the needed changes to mob hp/dmg).

seraphian
30-07-04, 20:33
NO!

yes PPUs are overpowered, but the last thing we need is one less option for character set up and taking away another stat to add to the cookie cutter effect.

RayBob
30-07-04, 20:44
Is this for ALL classes?Yes, all classes would be hybrids.

I prefer the differences in play style…Even with minor sheilds these distinct playstyles become much less distinguishable.When you go to an OP fight and both sides are PPU supported, do tanks and APUs play the same? Of course not. Just because they have buffs and shields does not change the play style.

When 2 PEs dual each other, is there a winner? Is skill involved? Of course there is. Despite the fact that both have the exact same stat caps, the exact same armor choices, the exact same implant choices, the exact same weapon choices, and the exact same ability to heal and buff themselves. There is plenty of variety between PEs.

In fact, PE vs. PE duels are some of the most fun because they last longer due to both player’s ability to self-shield and heal during the fight. PEs are already hybrids and it works.

You would have to drastically change the dmg that the classes currently do in order to balance them.I disagree. I have seen many tanks and APUs duel each other, unbuffed. Either can win. I have also seen many tanks and APUS battle each other at an OP fight when both had PPU support. Once again, either can win. The APU’s higher damage is balanced by the tank’s higher CON.

The classes being unbalanced due to all having shields is the very reason why we currently have unbalance in PvPThe reason we have unbalance in PvP is because one side has PPU support and the other side doesn’t.

The difference between tanks an PEs has little to do with thier CON values, it's all down to PEs haveing shileds and tanks not having them, tanks having great big fuck off cannons and PEs having small arms.Let’s not discuss PEs for now because I think they are the one class that would require some rethinking under this plan.