View Full Version : Hello Hello

ichinin
30-07-04, 17:31
Hi, i have played on Saturn today.

it get really annoying with all the spammers

I really have to turn of Trade-NC, lucky me only is in MC5 right now and cannot buy anything anyway.
I really have to turn of Trade-NC, lucky me only is in MC5 right now and cannot buy anything anyway.

-"What is your major Malfunction?"

cRazy2003
30-07-04, 17:32
wow i completely agree, 5 stars.

Mr Kot
30-07-04, 17:35
and not forgetting....
and not forgetting....

Mission accomplished!
Mission accomplished!
Mission accomplished!
Mission failed!
Mission failed!
Mission failed!
You paid 75nc!
Mission failed!
You paid 25nc!
Mission failed!
Mission failed!
Mission failed!
Mission failed!
Mission accomplished!
Mission failed!

jeeeesus :rolleyes:

[TgR]KILLER
30-07-04, 17:36
stick to pluto then like under your name it sayd plutoian :P

anyway.. i ALWAYS got trade nc muted exept when i realy am looking for something. and thats almost never :p

ezza
30-07-04, 17:37

-"What is your major Malfunction?"
onoz who gives a fuck?

ive not had trade on for months, only turn it of for get this...........to trade.

dont need it other time so why have it on, and why bitch, back when pluto had a population to speak off they had trade spammers just as bad.

tbh why dont you stay on one of the other servers.

you stated in another thread you dont want to play with saturn players, well dont bugger off to another server

i still get a laugh from when you had a runner in your sig that was listed as saturn as a pker ROFL gave me a big laugh that did.

Birkoff
30-07-04, 17:37
twoloose.. 2loose....

You mean ppl still do MC5 with all the shit its got..

ezza
30-07-04, 17:39
twoloose.. 2loose....

You mean ppl still do MC5 with all the shit its got..
he proberbly means noob MC5

Birkoff
30-07-04, 17:40
he proberbly means noob MC5
yea... i knew that... honest... *lowers head in shame*

Lev
30-07-04, 17:41
uhhh

prob not MC5 is a cinch if you are uber enough. not really all that hard. you just need a solid team you can count on.

ezza
30-07-04, 17:45
ya cos those fire spiders can be a real pain if you aint got a ppu :lol:

Jest
30-07-04, 17:48
One time Vampire22 was bugged for like a week where it repeated everything he said twice. It was annoying but funny as hell. :p

ezza
30-07-04, 17:49
One time Vampire22 was bugged for like a week where it repeated everything he said twice. It was annoying but funny as hell. :p
i remember mikau on saturn had that prob once, he didnt like me making fun of it though :lol:

Birkoff
30-07-04, 17:51
That happens naturally till you relog sometimes anyway

cRazy2003
30-07-04, 17:51
this idea is the best, everyone 5 star this thread :p

ezza
30-07-04, 17:52
this idea is the best, everyone 5 star this thread :p
personally i though the name filter was the best

as repped by the thread starter "wanker" hahahaha thats good one that is, now pack your bags off to your nice safe server

Birkoff
30-07-04, 17:52
That happens naturally till you relog sometimes anyway
(ok bad jk)

Glok
30-07-04, 18:02
I'm growing to like the trade spam on Saturn. Never a dull moment. :D

Mr Kot
30-07-04, 18:02
Back on topic to the subject of spam, i wish ppl would use discretion in how they make their ad eye catching without totally filling the chat window and disrupting the general conversation. I don't consider a short line repeated ONCE to be spam, but ppl go overboard.

Look at this:

Mr X: Blah, blah, blah
Mr Y: Yada, yada, yada
TRADE-NC> Mr Kot: WTS Filter Heart 2 !! DM me

It catches peoples attention to a much sought after product, yet people can still follow the converstion of Mr X and Mr Y.

Now try following this conversation:

TRADE-NC> Mr Spam: WTS CORE AND COMP OF ROLH, TECH AND FRAME OF PoB, FILTER HEART 2 AND CORE OF DS, LOOKING FOR ANY PART OF PSI CORE (EXCEPT
TECH) AND CASH -- DM ME NOW! ALSO CSTING 210/150 AND REPPING 170 (340)/150 WORKING FOR TIPS- JUST TRADE ME -- DONT FORGET TO BRING PARTS AND
SUBSTANCE / LUBE
TRADE-NC> Mr Spam: WTS CORE AND COMP OF ROLH, TECH AND FRAME OF PoB, FILTER HEART 2 AND CORE OF DS, LOOKING FOR ANY PART OF PSI CORE (EXCEPT
TECH) AND CASH -- DM ME NOW! ALSO CSTING 210/150 AND REPPING 170 (340)/150 WORKING FOR TIPS- JUST TRADE ME -- DONT FORGET TO BRING PARTS AND
SUBSTANCE / LUBE
SUBSTANCE / LUBE
Mr X: what did you say?
Mr Y: can't remember. i got lost in all that spam :(

get my point? just keep it short and sweet.

ichinin
30-07-04, 19:54
personally i though the name filter was the best

Yeah, adding 50% of the server to the namefilter really works?

now pack your bags off to your nice safe server

Dont have to do anything with a "safe", it's common courtesy not to fucking fill up the chat window because you assume that people on it have problems reading basic english. When that happens on "my" server, they are added to ignore (not only by me), they can stand there look for their damn rares or whatever untill the sun goes nova - i dont fucking care. Problem with saturn is that there are so many of the spammers. I play in MC5 only on Saturn to see how far i can get with the pos imps and stuff there (aka wasting time)

One thing...

There WAS some sort of anti spam thing on a server a while ago, if u spammed it said "Dont spam, wait a few seconds" or something. WTF happened to that? It was the best addition to the game EVER made - KK Why did you remove it?

Melkior
30-07-04, 20:15
One thing...

There WAS some sort of anti spam thing on a server a while ago, if u spammed it said "Dont spam, wait a few seconds" or something. WTF happened to that? It was the best addition to the game EVER made - KK Why did you remove it?

its still there, but it only registers if its about 1/2 second between spammings

ezza
31-07-04, 00:58
Yeah, adding 50% of the server to the namefilter really works?

Dont have to do anything with a "safe", it's common courtesy not to fucking fill up the chat window because you assume that people on it have problems reading basic english. When that happens on "my" server, they are added to ignore (not only by me), they can stand there look for their damn rares or whatever untill the sun goes nova - i dont fucking care. Problem with saturn is that there are so many of the spammers. I play in MC5 only on Saturn to see how far i can get with the pos imps and stuff there (aka wasting time)

One thing...

ya if people pic dumb fucking names they deserve to get it changed

cRazy2003
31-07-04, 01:12
Back on topic to the subject of spam, i wish ppl would use discretion in how they make their ad eye catching without totally filling the chat window and disrupting the general conversation. I don't consider a short line repeated ONCE to be spam, but ppl go overboard.

Look at this:

It catches peoples attention to a much sought after product, yet people can still follow the converstion of Mr X and Mr Y.

Now try following this conversation:

SUBSTANCE / LUBE
SUBSTANCE / LUBE
SUBSTANCE / LUBE
Mr X: what did you say?
Mr Y: can't remember. i got lost in all that spam :(

get my point? just keep it short and sweet.

the point is people shouldnt be talking on trade, its left for trade only.

Freya
31-07-04, 02:25
for now there are 2 options, one Ignore the Player if they are a constant spammer, or better yet, Take a screenshot and send it to abuse@neocron.com

TheGreatMilenko
31-07-04, 02:27
[ edited ]

G.0.D.
31-07-04, 02:32
Damn you freya, I was going to quote him :p

ichinin
31-07-04, 03:06
ya if people pic dumb fucking names they deserve to get it changed

Oh.. thought u were talking about namefilter as in "Ignore list".. That's a different story that boil down in somewhere between "L33']['-Pl4ya" <-- Oh how cool i am.. and "Dont DM me for PKing you" (again, ignore feature exist, or turn off all comms except clan/team/local.)

TheGreatMilenko
31-07-04, 04:25
Damn you freya, I was going to quote him :p
its the magic of the edit button

ITS EVIL