PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh the Rifle Spy!

Clownst0pper
30-07-04, 11:14
Well, I capped my rifle spy yesterday, and I cant help but feel a little disapointed at the state of rifles.

At Present (and what has been discussed many times recently) the healing light is the weapon of choice, it does identicle dmg to the disruptor, and also has the same 3 burst fireing yet is TL's lower.

The First Love drives me insane because it sprays so badly, especially when moving around its not worth the hassle.

And the disruptors ROF is so slow compared to the slasher that I get depressed thinking about it.

Pistols ARE the weapon of choice, no doubt about it, Executioner and Slasher are truely fantastic weapons to use, unlike Rifles which seem to have been picked and poked at until there almost redundant.

I enjoy playing a rifle spy if not for the look alone, I just feel weve got the short end of the stick, evidently so by the lack of combat rifle spys-

At the minute, the only rifle spy your likely to see is someone with a spirit mod, and man, dont get me started on that...(encountered "the" problem last night)

So there it is, Im pissed off with rifles already (1 day in) and I can see very little chance of the Disruptor and First love being corrected.

*restrains from buying loms*

ichinin
30-07-04, 11:38
Hmm.. Pistol spy you say?

*checks out price for LoMming to pistols*

evs
30-07-04, 11:50
Pistol spies although druggy as hell - can get almost the defence of a PE, and a much higher offence output (i.e they can cap Executioner which is an awesome damage pistol) a higher runspeed and stealth.

It's a sad fact, but due to recent PE changes (like stealth removal) - Pistol PE's are now massively redundant in comparison to the Pistol Spy.

Plus the pistol spy can tradeskill as well o_O

MjukisDjur
30-07-04, 11:52
unfortunatly KK will fix this by lowering the damage for the healing light if I know them correctly :/

1000 spam post. do I get a cookie?

Original monk
30-07-04, 11:58
never in my life i will lom my fullcombatstealtherriflerspy to pistols :)

fix FL aiming is asked for a million times, 2 million times even

SH -> make that fake ass zoom system a bit better by putting it to youre mousewheel ! (hell make a SH do way more damage and make it single shot)

disruptor ? tl 115 but still sucky, certainly after the nerf no-one asked for :/

im not continuing my whines ... its all been said more then enough i think :/

Richard Slade
30-07-04, 12:02
I still run around with blind hopes for that to be fixed in BDoY

*throws Mjukis a cookie*

evs
30-07-04, 12:06
I think part of KK's thinking is that rifles can do damage are range - and range is an advantage.

It's just a pity that most pvp occurs up close in this game (pp for example)

For pvm, all rifles are better than pistols - hell its xp for no risk, whereas most pistols, unless you are using cover, you are point blank.

All rifles should pack more punch than a TL pistol equivalent, but also have a reduction in ROF.

I think the SH was a good way forward, but some rifles are firing at a silly rof, getting 3 damage hits per shot but the damage is lower than it should be.

In reality rifles (apart from perhaps assault rifles/shotguns) shouldnt be able to be used closequarters and ran around and fired at a silly ROF.

ezza
30-07-04, 12:10
Well, I capped my rifle spy yesterday, and I cant help but feel a little disapointed at the state of rifles.

At Present (and what has been discussed many times recently) the healing light is the weapon of choice, it does identicle dmg to the disruptor, and also has the same 3 burst fireing yet is TL's lower.

The First Love drives me insane because it sprays so badly, especially when moving around its not worth the hassle.

And the disruptors ROF is so slow compared to the slasher that I get depressed thinking about it.

Pistols ARE the weapon of choice, no doubt about it, Executioner and Slasher are truely fantastic weapons to use, unlike Rifles which seem to have been picked and poked at until there almost redundant.

I enjoy playing a rifle spy if not for the look alone, I just feel weve got the short end of the stick, evidently so by the lack of combat rifle spys-

At the minute, the only rifle spy your likely to see is someone with a spirit mod, and man, dont get me started on that...(encountered "the" problem last night)

So there it is, Im pissed off with rifles already (1 day in) and I can see very little chance of the Disruptor and First love being corrected.

dont be touching them loms, there evil and i know i use em often enough.

didnt the disrupter use to be a lot better than it is now, im sure i remember it being the weapon of choice for spies a while ago.

i think the FL should get a good boost, as although its distance enable it to be a mid range weapon, the aiming doesnt, so that does need sorting, as the FL(with a laserpointer) looks as cool as anyweapon in game.

rifle spies are cool, ive been playing mine a lot, and its so much fun sniping people from 1/2 a sector away.

and now i used to love tank v tank fights, but the spy v spy fights ive had are way better.

my RoG against a healing light FA spy at gaba was one of the best 1v1s ive ever been in, if the spy remains as fun as it is now, i may retire my tank since i suck with him :lol:

but ya a TL 115 weapon should be a lot better than it is right now.

the RoF on the slasher is amazing.

i was out hunting with my bro last night, i was using my redeemer cos huntings the only use i get from it and he had his slasher.

now asfaik he aint capping it, but the RoF was phonominal round after round after round seemingly without break.

now if the dissy was 1/2 way there would be cool

Ryuben
30-07-04, 12:11
does more or less identicle damage but disruptor reload time and RoF is lower iirc

You know the thing i love and hate about this gun is it does Good damage, but unless you gimp your self it has shit RoF and even worse aiming,
IF you gimp your self you get good RoF and still crappy - average aimin

for some reasonthey made the slasher a fast run into some ones face pistol and shoot as many shots as you can.
Whilst the Dizzy = a copy of a HL but with slower RoF and slower Reload

Only use for a rifle PE now is if he drugs to use SH + HL

We do. compaired to pistol spys we got
Less RoF
Less damage
Less Int points (more int needed to cap RoF)
Less resists (less points needed to cap guns)
Less speed (same as above)

Mainly because KK said pistols for PE's Rifles for spys.

But all thats lead to is Pistol spys being "teh winnars" of PvP atm

To be fair the only time i dust my rifle spy off (-32 SL atm) is when i get my SH out with a HL only way to play atm

Disruptor needs its RoF upping by about 10 or so, and the damage toneing down by about 5 shots per blob.

The first love well it needs to hit more times simple as.

At range u get 2 some times 3/ 4 shots hitting kneeling
walking shooting at range 1/2
running u get 1 normally 2 if ur lucky

Not the way a gun should work huh

r0ti0n
30-07-04, 12:18
*sits there on saturn loming droner to pistol*

pistols are teh win :)

i somehow manage to aim better with pistols than i do rifles.. O_o

only time i use riflers are lowtech PEs... oh well

my thought on rifles

Disruptor = needs more RoF
Healing Light = i never know when its hitting me
First Love = uh...it needs to hit more

Freaky Fryd
30-07-04, 12:30
didnt the disrupter use to be a lot better than it is now, im sure i remember it being the weapon of choice for spies a while ago.

Disruptor was first nerfed in damage, then nerfed in RoF...
(used to cap at 222/min but now caps the same as a Healing Light at 170/min)

Siygess
30-07-04, 13:34
I wonder.. should any of the rifles really be less effective than pistols? Ignoring their respective uses in real life, to have pistols and rifles do comparable damage / rate of fire..well thats fair enough from a balancing point of view.. but to have rifles weaker than pistols? Thats crazy talk.

We are already "paying" extra for the right to use a rifle through a requirement for higher weaponlore, so I say at the very least, make every rifle as good as it's pistol equivalent in terms of damage / rate of fire (probably need to redo the weapon TL's too) and leave us with the so-called "range advantage". I dont think this is too much to ask when you consider this is no different to high-tech weapons dealing more damage to compensate for the need to put points into another skill (T-C).

Noodle
30-07-04, 13:43
But all thats lead to is Pistol spys being "teh winnars" of PvP atm

that sentence is pretty funny actually, not too long ago when ppl saw a pistol spy they went like: roflol noob, pistol spy is so crap, lom to rifles! i remember k4f running around and he was like one of the only pistol spies.

well, actually combat spies in general got spit on :p
now they have stealth, PA, new guns, boosted guns, better drugs.....
yes, things change ;)

Ryuben
30-07-04, 13:46
that sentence is pretty funny actually, not too long ago when ppl saw a pistol spy they went like: roflol noob, pistol spy is so crap, lom to rifles! i remember k4f running around and he was like one of the only pistol spies.

well, actually combat spies in general got spit on :p
now they have stealth, PA, new guns, boosted guns, better drugs.....
yes, things change ;)

The thing is people actually bothered about them, it was a class that instead of being PvP ready they actually took some effort to work out how to play and the people with the cookies all ready cut didn't want to play e.g. a spy friend i know has

Hitpoints: 281
Stamina: 55
PSI-Power: 31

Resists:
Armor PvM PvP
Piercing 199 95% - 95% 7% - 6%
Force 247 95% - 95% 6% - 5%
Fire 161 95% - 95% 5% - 4%
Energy 157 95% - 95% 5% - 4%
Xray 160 95% - 95% 5% - 4%
Poison 20 13% 29%

for his set-up

Noodle
30-07-04, 13:53
it wasnt possible to have a good spy before u got the items i mentioned (atleast the epic chips, stealth and PA), except for max twilight, but i have my doubts ;)

Ryuben
30-07-04, 13:54
it wasnt possible to have a good spy before u got the items i mentioned (atleast the epic chips, stealth and PA), except for max twilight, but i have my doubts ;)
true PA + epic chips have helped the spy out the most, stealth is a nice tool but a true PvP spy kinda has to gimp his T-C pool ;)

Birkoff
30-07-04, 13:57
Its a shame the best looking gun in the game is also the worst... First Love i mean... it also sounds FUCKING kewl as well.... "first love... first love" mmm sexyy name

now fix it! :P

SorkZmok
30-07-04, 15:07
Healing Light is one great rifle. Too great actually i think.

I also have to say the Disruptor isn't as bad as most people think, i've seen some spies use it and it does some serious damage. Although the HL is better for the lower TL and higher clipsize.
Fix FL aiming, increase Dissie rof a tad, lower HL dmg or aiming or clipsize, lower pistol range. Thats my suggestions.

Clownst0pper
30-07-04, 17:42
I dont think its a case of the Healing Light needing nerfing, the First Love needs an aim correction, and the disruptor needs a higher ROF.

The Healing light dmg is fine, its everything else which is off!

SorkZmok
30-07-04, 17:47
I dont think its a case of the Healing Light needing nerfing, the First Love needs an aim correction, and the disruptor needs a higher ROF.

The Healing light dmg is fine, its everything else which is off!For its great range, aiming, recoil, clipsizeand the fact it does non-locational damage, the amount of damage it deals is just too much.