PDA

View Full Version : Construction help

minsc
30-07-04, 04:07
Anyone know any good guides that will tell me what the tech level is and that kind of stuff, thanks

Gohei
30-07-04, 04:11
neocron.ems.ru is still somewhat up to date....

seraphian
30-07-04, 05:18
What exactly do you need to know? I've been constructing for about 10 months now on 3 different chars, chances are I know the answer...

To answer the question you posted: Tech Level is a measure of the complexity of the item in question, it is important for several reasons:

For weapons and PA, the TL is the same as the base stat requirement to use the gear, IE a TL 30 assault rifle requires 30 dexterity to use, a TL3 heal requires 3 PSI, and so on.

It also determines the level of skill you need to research/construct/repair the item. Without a minimum skill equal to the tech level, you cannot work on the item, and without a skill equal to twice the TL you may fail (for research, implantand construct, repair works a bit differently) so in the above example, you need 30 research to make a blueprint of an Assault Rifle, but in order to ensure that you don't fail and break the datacube, you need at least 60 research skill.

For constructors, your skill compared to the TL (along with your dexterity, strength and intelligence compared to the TL, to a lesser degree, and not much at all for strength) determine the quality of the item you make, up to the capped statistics (not 100%, either 120% for rares, or around 94 for non-rares for some odd reason)

TL of an item you work on also determines the XP you get for the tradeskill, except for repair, again, because it's all messed up due to an exploit fix.

eric-the-ded
30-07-04, 05:41
again i have to say..
they really need to fix blueprints so that they show the actual tech level of the item.
instead of just saying TL 30 on everything from beggar nailguns to punisher drones.
that's kind of misleading to noobs and people with bad memory.

minsc
30-07-04, 07:06
Well seraphian i guess that says it all thanks, im not sure if theres anything else i need to know,
you said, "you need 30 research to make a blueprint of an Assault Rifle, but in order to ensure that you don't fail and break the datacube, you need at least 60 research skill."
does that apply to construction as well?

seraphian
30-07-04, 07:39
Technically, yes, but much more important than the chance of failure for construction is Item Quality...

For guns, drones and PSI modules, how much more skill you have than the item's TL determines the qualities of the weapon, and thus how easy it is to get good damage, aiming, range, ect. out of the gun.

For example, if you have 30 construct, 5 dexterity, 5 intelligence and like 2 strength, you can make an assault rifle, but you will get a very bad one (most likely all qualities around 20-30%, a maximum condition of 60-70%, no slots for mods, ect.) Whereas if you had 70 construct, 30 dexterity, 30 intelligence and 5 strength (my current saturn newbs setup) you would make a gun with all %s around 60, a condition of 120% and have a better chance at slots (I just did this on saturn, made 3 guns, a 0-slot, a 1-slot and a 3-slot, although I was very lucky there)

If Seraphian on PLuto made a TL-30 AR, she's have a much better (though still less than 50%) chance at slots, all qualities aroun 90% and a condition of 120% (doesn't go higher than that)

does that clear it up for you a bit? or are you more confused now?

minsc
30-07-04, 08:31
That clears it up good thanks, you play on pluto i was just trying to find someone to make a a good rilfe seems no one is on, oh well thanks for the help
dont think i can think of anything else.