Anyone else having this problem?
I'm on pluto and the textures keep joining up to all the NPC's or runners :(

Dirk_Gently
30-07-04, 00:16
Yeah I get it if I alt+tab too much.

Tratos
30-07-04, 00:17
ATI Card?

As NC does love a bit of ATI, i somtimes get this when my system has been on for a fair few days aswell as other graphic bugs in NC so try a reboot i guess

oh yeah, lol i also get this with alt tabbing to much, as i alt tab ALOT, lol

garyu69
30-07-04, 00:18
I play windowed mode and this is on all servers, just done a file check no problems there.

Will try a reboot of PC.

oh yeah, Nvidia card too.

Morpheous
30-07-04, 00:18
IF you're NVid, don't install the latest drivers. They screw it up like that...

Edit: Stable drivers, WHQL certified and don't screw up NC: http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/56.72/56.72_winxp2k_english_whql.exe

cRazy2003
30-07-04, 00:19
yea it was the new forceware driver posted which made it do this.

Kaden
30-07-04, 00:20
Did you mess with 'fog table emulation' recently?

garyu69
30-07-04, 00:24
Must be the new drivers. Only installed them today and this is the first time i have ran NC since.
Going back to old driver will let you know.

garyu69
30-07-04, 00:36
Roll back of the drivers has sorted it.

Mods can close.

Maybe mods could sticky or make and announcement just informing the community that the new drivers currently do not work.

Richard Slade
30-07-04, 00:45
alt+tab twice and it's fixed ^^

amfest
30-07-04, 00:49
hey! at least if you PvP in the wastes area you'll know where people are hiding as you'll see a texture zooming off to their hiding spot :D

alig
30-07-04, 00:50
Nah its KK + DX7 update they did = this.

I used to get that sort of problem in UT2004 on certain maps if i turned the ress up to much because my card was overheating. I got it in nc with an nvidia card, i get it in nc now with an ati card.

Saza
30-07-04, 01:25
That bug is really funny sometimes.... SpyCy was running around Plaza with this black/brown object sticking out of the back of him.... like a poke gone wrong or summat :lol:

Edit:

Yes, I'm have an ATI card, yes it happens if you alt+tab.

nightwind
30-07-04, 01:59
i have had a similar problem where while i am facing north something the textures will bunch togther and look like a solid wall of brown or what ever the dominate color is there.

ichinin
30-07-04, 04:25
hey! at least if you PvP in the wastes area you'll know where people are hiding as you'll see a texture zooming off to their hiding spot :D

Hmm.. a friend told me that some people did similar things with the meshes in original ol' Quake.

Shujin
30-07-04, 06:42
hahah notice its only the croutch area thats flying out ;D

amfest
30-07-04, 08:56
Hmm.. a friend told me that some people did similar things with the meshes in original ol' Quake.
lol .. I remember when medal of honor allied assult mp demo came out and I was going around a bend with my team and everyone was just dying from snipers . .

well my graphics card was having problems and I could see people through the walls if they stood to close .. which I realized as I peeked around the corner and saw the whole opposing team in one house all with sniper rifles at every window and door opening barley peeking over .. lol.

I was like . . those bastards! . .lol. And took out a bunch of them as they exclaimed wtf! .. evil . . oh well. Graphical problems suck though . .really takes away from the experince.

formori
30-07-04, 13:21
people used to use spikey modles in CS untill it was stopped