PDA

View Full Version : doy date

notneo
29-07-04, 16:08
has anyone else noticed the date given for realease of nc2,september 2004 not sept 1,could be another month guys before we get a sniff

Dirk_Gently
29-07-04, 16:11
has anyone else noticed the date given for realease of nc2,september 2004 not sept 1,could be another month guys before we get a sniff

You're such a cynic.

ezza
29-07-04, 16:15
but going from KKs track record he may not be far off the mark

Ryuben
29-07-04, 16:17
but going from KKs track record he may not be far off the mark
soo harsh KK don't always keep there dead lines

But this is a publishers dead line sooo im thinking it will be kept :p in one shape or form

Ascension
29-07-04, 16:19
I hope its the end of september to they can actually beta test :)

Dirk_Gently
29-07-04, 16:21
Well a certain other post-apocalyptic MMORPG has an end of September 2004 release date, so kk had better get NC2 out before that, otherwise they may be in a little trouble.

Dee Zaster
29-07-04, 18:10
Well a certain other post-apocalyptic MMORPG has an end of September 2004 release date, so kk had better get NC2 out before that, otherwise they may be in a little trouble.

I was thinking the same... :lol:

ezza
29-07-04, 18:22
is that the game we aint allowed to mention?

if so, meh dont think i would go play that game.

if DoY goes arse up, or they wipe my items ill proberbly go play WoW as its only other game i would even think about playing, though not big on the goblins type games but its the only other game id proberbly concider.

shame they didnt do Diablo online, would of gone for that right away, though proberbly be filled with all the hackers who infest Diablo 2 :lol:

Dirk_Gently
29-07-04, 18:29
is that the game we aint allowed to mention?

No idea which one we can't mention. Just figure it would have been a tad rude to post details on kk's forum

ezza
29-07-04, 18:32
o i c

does your game start with Face?

Shujin
29-07-04, 18:39
well, if the beta is just going on now. then it wouldnt be much of an efficient beta if they ended it at 1st of sept.

notneo
29-07-04, 18:45
well the other certain mmorpg forum is not very active,mind you it cant be if the game is not retail.

and we are to polite to kk to spam about it here

Dirk_Gently
29-07-04, 18:55
o i c

does your game start with Face?

That's the badger.

There is another in the same genre due November too.

well the other certain mmorpg forum is not very active,mind you it cant be if the game is not retail.

and we are to polite to kk to spam about it here.

I like kk, I think they have a good ethos however I just wish they gave more information about what the hell is going on.

ezza
29-07-04, 18:56
hmm must of missed the other one, ill go have a gander around see what i can see

Dirk_Gently
29-07-04, 19:01
Having said all this I do want to stay for NC2 and play as big a part as I can in making the community a success. Just am a little worried about the competition that is coming.

Dee Zaster
29-07-04, 21:08
There is another in the same genre due November too.

If that's the one based on a certain well known movie, I'm not too enthusiastic about it...

I'm still having my hopes high for DOY. Hopefully that will a good few of the painful bugs and faults which is making NC less fun to play :)

My only problem is that the more I'm waiting for DOY, the current NC is just getting less and less interesting and I find myself not logging in to NC as it's not so fun doing things when there's so little info about DOY. It's like, even if we do get our chars moved to the new version, how do I know I'm not working for something I no longer want to do in DOY...

Also, the statement about DOY being a completely new game makes it even worse. At first I thought it would basically be NC with a graphical facelift, more up-to-date engine (which eliminates most of the hardware/driver issues and crashes), some new areas and changes to the faction system. But now I really don't know what to expect anymore. Except for a short movie made on the old engine containing about 99% stuff we already seen and 1% stuff that MIGHT be part of the new version, there's not a clue what the new game will be like or how moving chars/items will be handled.

I can't stop wondering why it's all so secret. I'm beginning to smell some SOE tactics here :wtf: But the future will show, and as said above - I still have my hopes high...

joran420
29-07-04, 22:03
matrix is gonna suck....and ive heard FoM is not that great either

Dirk_Gently
29-07-04, 22:22
If that's the one based on a certain well known movie, I'm not too enthusiastic about it...

Nah it isn't that one. Matrix is gonna be buggy as hell, The one I was thinking of appears to be based on a certain rpg incorporationg a chosen one.

NC2 is gonna be ok, nobody has whinged from beta yet so it must look ok.

I repeat this 50 times before I go to bed. 8|

jernau
29-07-04, 23:02
Nah it isn't that one. Matrix is gonna be buggy as hell, The one I was thinking of appears to be based on a certain rpg incorporationg a chosen one.
You are allowed to talk about any other MMO except the one hinted at above which IMO looks like a dog-shit copy of NC1. Name this other game please, I'm sure others are as curious as I am.

MxO also looks terrible as a game and after the awful sequels I wonder not only about how bad it will play but what kind of ass-hats will populate it.

Dirk_Gently
29-07-04, 23:18
It's Fallen Earth, and it does keep getting knocked back, however it looks like it has potential. Not sure about how much PvP it has though.

I was originally told it was scheduled for end of this year release but I don't know if that still holds.

Mr Kot
29-07-04, 23:27
You're such a cynic.

Hey, a pessimist is never disappointed ;)

RayBob
29-07-04, 23:55
...if DoY goes arse up, or they wipe my items ill proberbly go play WoW as its only other game i would even think about playing...The graphics in that game make me nauseous—too cartoonish for my taste.

Tomalak
30-07-04, 05:03
..and ive heard *** is not that great either
How'd you hear that? The open beta hasn't evn started yet, from what I've heard..

Dirk_Gently
30-07-04, 05:05
How'd you hear that? The open beta hasn't evn started yet, from what I've heard..

It's in Beta 2 apparently.

Shujin
30-07-04, 05:23
*edit*

notneo
30-07-04, 15:07
seen a trailer for the fallen earthand it involves a lot of shooting how much was pvp was hard to tell

ezza
30-07-04, 15:34
seen a trailer for the fallen earthand it involves a lot of shooting how much was pvp was hard to tell
outside of missions there wont be any going from the website

Dirk_Gently
30-07-04, 15:40
outside of missions there wont be any going from the website

It says that you can "tag yourself" for PvP. So if it is just like removing an LE it could be cool.

ezza
30-07-04, 15:51
It says that you can "tag yourself" for PvP. So if it is just like removing an LE it could be cool.
hmm must of gone past that bit, ya but if its like say diablo where you can toggle as much as you like, so go kill some people toggle off go back and laugh at them then it wont be good

notneo
30-07-04, 16:14
the toggle would have to last for a set period of game play time to stop you relogging as non pvp

jernau
30-07-04, 16:18
the toggle would have to last for a set period of game play time to stop you relogging as non pvp
Or make it look like you can't PvP on your screen while you actually can and have "Thiis fucktard needs a gankin'" written over your head in 72 point pink neon.

Clyde
30-07-04, 16:52
haha theres no game out there thats wants to compete with nc, whats the point? its sad that this community has to try to keep the community.

Birkoff
30-07-04, 17:09
Matrix will suck cuz ull get millions of kidy Neos.... Face of mankind is shit... I've heard every1 got the same respoce i got from it as well.

NC is the only good pvp MMO out there.. i hope it stays that was and has popualtion soon.

The release date will be 30th September 2004 in Germany.... god knows when n e 1 else will get it :)

Necrosadistic
30-07-04, 17:18
Fallen Earth PvP will be the usual special area bollocks...

Will I get killed right away while I’m learning the game?

No. FALLEN EARTH doesn’t allow Player vs Player combat outside of certain missions or areas. Accessing those special missions or areas will be your decision -- getting killed is your option, killing players who haven’t agreed to the special conditions isn’t.

From the Fallen Earth FaQ

So no competition with NC, where you can get scragged anywhere apart from city center...

Dirk_Gently
30-07-04, 17:21
Fallen Earth PvP will be the usual special area bollocks...

From the Fallen Earth FaQ

So no competition with NC, where you can get scragged anywhere apart from city center...

I suppose that means people may actually play it though.

Birkoff
30-07-04, 17:24

Fingers crossed that will be n e where but ur apt in the not to distant future,

OMG screw TG/TH/MB raids... NC RAID... .. dammit im DRE :/

DOY RAIDS!!!!!

jernau
30-07-04, 17:56
I suppose that means people may actually play it though.
:( so true.

Necrosadistic
30-07-04, 19:09
Why are people so attraccted to games that do not simulate what life would be in such an environment?

I'm shit at PvP, but I still like the fact you are free to do whatever you want... In a post apoc world, would someone say - I challenege you to a duel.... Then the other person has to accept it... Or peopel have to go and fight in some extra special area...

Hopefully there won't be safezones in the new NC, but lots of COPBOTs in the central area that attack anyone who starts a fight... That would be far more realistic protection from atatck then some toggle saying you cant take your gun out...

Dirk_Gently
30-07-04, 20:19
Why are people so attraccted to games that do not simulate what life would be in such an environment?

Because life would suck.

Also random pking would not happen realistically alot, as the factions (especially the Mafia ones) would rip the tits of anybody who dared mess with their people.

Tomalak
31-07-04, 00:57
It's in Beta 2 apparently.
Oh yeah? Ok, I didnt know..havent really been online much, I have to turn the connection off or Vice City lags when I'm driving :).Grand theft Auto has a new game coming , apparently, GTA: San Andreas, I think..something like that

I always thought September 1st was just the preorder for Bdoy? ..

notneo
31-07-04, 12:45
on another thread doy is said to be out in germany 30 sept,just to put us back on topic