PDA

View Full Version : "Rare" Drugs

Clownst0pper
29-07-04, 14:00
As it stands, rare drugs are un-used by the Neocron community.

They cant be researched/constructed, nor can they be recycled/cloned.

Because of this, and the time it takes to run to the shaman caves, kill the shaman, hope for a drug, run back out, reset, rinse repeat makes it far too tiresom to be practicle.

Why not raise the TL of rare drugs to TL 100 and have them recycleable.

If you believe they shouldnt be cloneable, at least make them last 25 minutes, they are "Rare" as the term has been coined, yet they last the same time as street bought ones.

Just my thoughts

winnoc
29-07-04, 14:03
Yes, excellent idea.
I have so much more possibilities with my spy if i can get those rare str drugs.

Original monk
29-07-04, 14:04
good idea, atleast make em last longer then normal drugs, there must be sumthing special about em to make em rare besides them dropping from a shaman :)

clone-able with a big amount of clonejunk and a very hi TL would be intresting also, would bring new options to recyclers :)

Tycho C
29-07-04, 14:07
I agree. I was thinking the same thing a couple days ago. The high TL ro cloning seems the most reasonable

NaKoth
29-07-04, 14:43
Agreed ! That would make mines worth of something and also the recycling skill. More variety in tradeskilling is a good thing.

garyu69
29-07-04, 14:46
Good idea although i think it needs something else too.

Do we really want or need a mass flood of these drugs onto the market?

Mantiz
29-07-04, 14:46
Love it! Make recycle as worth putting points into as... well contruct :o

Dribble Joy
29-07-04, 14:49
We need a dex one though :p.

Tratos
29-07-04, 14:49
Very good idea but

Alternativly this could be used...

The Venus System.

Trust me, its good.

NaKoth
29-07-04, 14:51
Im not sure how recycling works at the moment. eg. can u recycle high TL items from "small pieces" of junk if you fill the processor with them or do you need "quality junk".

Anyhow in this case it could be that you need "high quality" junk. Those large melted entrails or whatnot or hihg level implant/armor etc parts. That would prevent the cloning some, since all junk would not be suitable. Also the cost of recycling could be quite high (if u consider buying or making the high level implant/armor etc parts to recycle from).

garyu69
29-07-04, 14:53
Im not sure how recycling works at the moment. eg. can u recycle high TL items from "small pieces" of junk if you fill the processor with them or do you need "quality junk".at the moment, from a 'K' Implant part which i think are great for recycling i get 6 of the Blue drugs per K part. Thats with 100 Rec.

I always use K parts for Ammo as i usually get a full 250 clips.

Clownst0pper
29-07-04, 14:55
We need a dex one though :p.

I have to agree yes-

Another + side is, not many people actually enjoy using drugs, due to the flash and such, you could make them last say 25 minutes, be cloneable, but have a worse flash?

A good trade off for a definative setup imho.

Dribble Joy
29-07-04, 14:57
Very good idea but

Alternativly this could be used...

The Venus System.

Trust me, its good.
Is that where they are just sold in shops?

I would rather recycling (high tl that is) has a use.

Clownst0pper
29-07-04, 14:58
Is that where they are just sold in shops?

I would rather recycling (high tl that is) has a use.

With the inclusion of the recycleable armour, and the high drug prices (imho you shouldnt be able to construct and research any drugs) were almost at the point where recycling is neccasery.

This is just another bonus to have it.

Mantiz
29-07-04, 15:00
you could make them last say 25 minutes, be cloneable, but have a worse flash?

So.... take drug, 25 mins later you get the flash then you take another drug to remove the flash for antother 25 mins... a little too long maybe? :rolleyes:

And while we're on the subject... also I hope they re-do the drugflash... someone suggested motionblur a while back.

WebShock
29-07-04, 15:01
great idea koro!

too bad it will fall on deaf ears since all focus is on NC 2

5 stars!

Clownst0pper
29-07-04, 15:03
So.... take drug, 25 mins later you get the flash then you take another drug to remove the flash for antother 25 mins... a little too long maybe? :rolleyes:

And while we're on the subject... also I hope they re-do the drugflash... someone suggested motionblur a while back.

Perfect darks drug flash/haze was excellent, sent streams out behind everything in a blured motion, was really effective.

Id rather have something more simple as if you dont keep taking the drugs you have a "wretching" animation where your body convulses and it drains your stamina. When you take another you come out of it quickly, unlike if you just stop.

Mr_Snow
29-07-04, 15:27
On venus if you get 1 night shade and some other crap and know somebody in bd he can swap it for 20 tigers blood and the same goes for mushroom in cresent tabs, this way is better because it promotes roleplay, smuggling and player trading.

Clownst0pper
29-07-04, 15:48
On venus if you get 1 night shade and some other crap and know somebody in bd he can swap it for 20 tigers blood and the same goes for mushroom in cresent tabs, this way is better because it promotes roleplay, smuggling and player trading.

Was that organised by the black dragon faction councillor? If so, ill need to speak to one to try and get something along those lines implemented.

Mr_Snow
29-07-04, 15:50
Think it was organised by AD, each faction has npcs where they can buy faction specific items crahn have PA, BD have their drugs next have their car keys, TG can swap doy rayguns rifles for pistols or cannons, etc so dunno if KK will do anything along those lines or not.

wayoc
29-07-04, 16:04
Little precision for venus mechanisms

Drugs are cloneable and BPable on venus, but:
* in the first case the quantity of energy to be provided by junk is nearly obscene,
* in the second case, u have to use the different tradeskiller services.

On another hand, u have the RP solution buying it directly (or exchanging) to Black Dragons dealers.