PDA

View Full Version : fre in nc2?

manderf
29-07-04, 10:17
hey kk let the beta testers tell us if theres FREs or not, because if there is, kos. I dont get why they arent allowed to show ss's or movies of nc2, or even talk about it. Dont you owe it to the community kk? the one thats stood bye you and fed you moneh? So if your not going to let everyone into beta, at least let out some info!

Sorin
29-07-04, 10:19
DoY is super hyped enough as it is, making the DoY beta all [ edited ] with an NDA makes it A LOT worse.

athon
29-07-04, 10:25
I disagree.

The NDA is in place for good reasons. There may be bugs still in at the moment - but that's what the Beta testers are there for. They're there to keep an eye out for the things that the devleopersm issed and help them fix them.

Sure, there may even be FRE's left in the final version we get. Do I care? No. Not unless they make the game unplayable - which I highly doubt.

NDA's are good.

Oh - and KK owe nothing to us. You owe $5 to them - every month of the year. =P

Athon Solo

manderf
29-07-04, 10:28
5 dollars wtf are you talking about you may be getting a discount for "special services" to kk. I pay 10 for each account, but i just canceled so not anymore! Ok i think the NDA is a bit weird. I mean if a games coming out in a month(which i highly doubt) it should be ironed out enough so that it can be reported on. If its so damn buggy, then i doubt if it will be ready for release on setember 1st

Ascension
29-07-04, 10:29
I disagree.

The NDA is in place for good reasons. There may be bugs still in at the moment - but that's what the Beta testers are there for. They're there to keep an eye out for the things that the devleopersm issed and help them fix them.

Sure, there may even be FRE's left in the final version we get. Do I care? No. Not unless they make the game unplayable - which I highly doubt.

NDA's are good.

Oh - and KK owe nothing to us. You owe $5 to them - every month of the year. =P

Athon Solo

if its only peeps per week then i cant see 3/4 of the bugs being found?

what about stress testing the new/upgraded engine? if they were serious about this they would invite everyone Neocron player ever to come and test ib an Open beta.. only if it was 1-2 weeks its still better than 5-10 peeps per week..

how is so few gonna test everything? from everyladder to everydoor to every texture, constructed everything fought every mob, are they serious, or is this beta a piss take o_O

Richard Slade
29-07-04, 10:29
I quote Gotterdammerung

"Well we have a think called "FREak on". at random times a glittering disco ball appears on screen and you are encouraged to boogie down and get your Freak On"

SPIKE (pluto)
29-07-04, 10:31
Its too late to ask for updates on beta now, the non-closure agrrements are done and dusted :(

Freaky Fryd
29-07-04, 12:55
5 dollars wtf are you talking about you may be getting a discount for "special services" to kk. I pay 10 for each account, but i just canceled so not anymore!

Maybe you should be looking into the package deal where you subscribe for months at a time and get a price break...

r0ti0n
29-07-04, 12:58
well how many times has doy been delayed...

we kind of deserve it from all this waiting..

i mean cmon we should atleast get a little demo for us to play to settle our cravings :D

[edit]
WOOHOO I JUST NOTICED MY FORUM ACCOUNT HAS BEEN ACTIVE FOR 1 YEAR! *dance* 1yr anniversary

Richard Slade
29-07-04, 12:59
I'd love a little BDoY demo, just walking around inside DoY would keep me busy for a month...

garyu69
29-07-04, 13:00
I'd love a little BDoY demo, just walking around inside DoY would keep me busy for a month...
Or even just like a drone and you could fly around the place to see whats there.

r0ti0n
29-07-04, 13:01
or play a CA spy sneaking into DoY then you get pwned after you spend a time taking a tour around DoY :lol:

Richard Slade
29-07-04, 13:04
Or even just like a drone and you could fly around the place to see whats there.

Ohh..!!
*Inside CA HQ*(Little rolling movie)
"We have managed to install a drone camera inside the Dome, citizen,
we need you to explore the city before we can launch an attack against the Dome. However you must know that if you are caught or the drone linking to you, we will deny all knowledge of you, so please citizen, don't let them get you...
MOVE OUT!"
*Char goes to a gr and zones, pops up in a small cave and launches drone*
*game starts*

However if you drop the drone, you die :p

r0ti0n
29-07-04, 13:05
hahah we should bring back the guy who discovered the Executioner and was in the first dlable demo..

Charles Parker i think his name was?

iono but we deserve a demo :D

ou7blaze
29-07-04, 13:06
if there are FRE's in nc2 even a single one i won't even bother with returning to this game.

r0ti0n
29-07-04, 13:07
i wanna get my FREak on :D

ive gotten used to it, everytime i get a long lag i scream my head off "OMGKOSKOSKOS IM GONNA DIE BECAUSE OF A FATAL"

then i feel better then sit in p2 crouched :)

Archeus
29-07-04, 13:47
NC2 will be using the latest in DX9 technology to bring you one of the sweetest looking FREs ever to exist.

Ascension
29-07-04, 14:06
NC2 will be using the latest in DX9 technology to bring you one of the sweetest looking FREs ever to exist.

I wonder if we have the option to customise FRE's like enter our own message or have a personal background in the little error box!?

numb
29-07-04, 14:12
I personally think there might still be FREs in NC2, but they might happen far less frequently for people with the change to dx9 engine and hopefully server upgrades [like sql server].

You cant really ask for a realistic report for that now at this stage in testing.

Rai Wong
29-07-04, 18:24
well no one is going to leave, come on, we know the 1000 players who play on NC every night are part of a natural human evolution error, like homosexuals because we get turned on by FREs, in fact if they remove the grand feature of crashing in any place in possible, then I forsee the population be zero. Come on, no need to be shy admit it, its like people who love to be spanked, we love every bug and crash Neocron can throw at us.

Barak
29-07-04, 18:34
well no one is going to leave, come on, we know the 1000 players who play on NC every night are part of a natural human evolution error, like homosexuals because we get turned on by FREs, in fact if they remove the grand feature of crashing in any place in possible, then I forsee the population be zero. Come on, no need to be shy admit it, its like people who love to be spanked, we love every bug and crash Neocron can throw at us.
erm.. no not at all, but hey if your into spanking thats your bag mate.

;)

Ryuben
29-07-04, 18:36
erm.. no not at all, but hey if your into spanking thats your bag mate.

;)
some people prefer gimp masks huh

:lol:

but NC with out Fre's

come on every 30 mins you would just be expecting them :lol:

Barak
29-07-04, 18:37
some people prefer gimp masks huh

:lol:

but NC with out Fre's

come on every 30 mins you would just be expecting them :lol:

yeah I would expect them tbh i'd still fear zoning or moving or really doing anything :(

LTA
29-07-04, 18:52
yeah I would expect them tbh i'd still fear zoning or moving or really doing anything :(
yeah even standing still is potential fre'ness

Mr_Snow
29-07-04, 18:58
I love the ones where your alt-tabbed then all of a sudden a FRE window pops up, if there are major amounts of FREs in DoY Ill be leaving, if there are none at all I will be amazed as there are no game that doesnt crash on occasion, also if I keep lagging out on teh new servers as much as I do now Ill be gone too because it isnt worth the hassle.

Richard Slade
29-07-04, 18:59
You will all stay
just like you always have
This is Neocrack, and it loves you...

ezza
29-07-04, 19:17
well if it comes out and it dont have fres just alt f4 every now and again to simulate the experience of it happening

amfest
29-07-04, 19:26
well if it comes out and it dont have fres just alt f4 every now and again to simulate the experience of it happening
Well actually someone can write a program called FRE-ocron that will randomly shutdown your game and put up a fake FRE box :D

Richard Slade
29-07-04, 19:27
Well actually someone can write a program called FRE-ocron that will randomly shutdown your game and put up a fake FRE box :D

I'd probably use it at times too...
If nothing else sneak into friends puters

Mantiz
29-07-04, 20:00
Funny thing is they removed one bug causing you to FRE on shutdown some patches ago, which was about the only time I was glad I got a FRE cuz it got me out of the game faster :rolleyes:
Still waiting for the "Removed FRE due to blablabla when zoning"...

manderf
29-07-04, 21:23
best fre is when your logging out, and you get an fre. If people couldnt keep on playing nc then the server pops would be alot larger.

r0ti0n
29-07-04, 22:51
mwahahah i got the best FRE just now

i was clicking exit on Neocron

i clicked yes...
*DING*

i fell out of my chair laughing :lol:

yavimaya
29-07-04, 22:55
hey kk let the beta testers tell us if theres FREs or not, because if there is, kos. I dont get why they arent allowed to show ss's or movies of nc2, or even talk about it. Dont you owe it to the community kk? the one thats stood bye you and fed you moneh? So if your not going to let everyone into beta, at least let out some info!

KK dont give a fuck about its customers, never have. never will.
Funnyily enough like crytek, another german company, surprise, surprise.

yavimaya
29-07-04, 22:59
I personally think there might still be FREs in NC2, but they might happen far less frequently for people with the change to dx9 engine and hopefully server upgrades [like sql server].

You cant really ask for a realistic report for that now at this stage in testing.

I dont understand how KK has brainwashed everyone into thinking changing from one graphics engine, to a slightly upgraded one, will take out all the FRE's/ bugs.
And if they think they have squashed them all with code, HA! HAHAH, like they did for first retail?

Wallen
29-07-04, 23:31

Except Crytek made FarCry, a much less buggy and better game than NC.
I DO have confidence that NC2 will not have FRE's, I uhh, just don't know why... :wtf:

numb
29-07-04, 23:39
I dont understand how KK has brainwashed everyone into thinking changing from one graphics engine, to a slightly upgraded one, will take out all the FRE's/ bugs.
And if they think they have squashed them all with code, HA! HAHAH, like they did for first retail?

I think upgrading servers will have a larger impact on the frequency of FREs, I've always had far more on Saturn than on Pluto..

I'm not brainwashed btw, I did use 'might' 'less frequently', although I do get the impression you werent directing those comments at me even though you quoted my post?

Mighty Max
29-07-04, 23:59

Yes Sir, you have to know.

lol, ever thought that those thaughts are just dumb ?

Or shall we blame your whole country now for your blindness and social incompetence ?

Have a nice day.