PDA

View Full Version : Why does drugs have to boost stats? Idea for change.

Psycho_Soldier
29-07-04, 07:34
I was thinking maybe drugs could have another use now. Make them drop only as well. I propose these new types of drugs.

15 Second Drugs.
Double Damage and Quad Damage.
Heat Vision to see and target stealth player.
Double and Quad Defense.
Telekinesis - Can allow you to move any player at any range sort of like griping in JK2
Unlimted range and aiming for any weapon.

30 Second Drugs

Super Speed and Jump, gives the ability to run super fast and leap over op walls, also works on vehicles except for the ability to jump, though vehicle jumping might actually be cool :p
No Rectile for any weapon.
Capped in all stats. Meaning you can use HC and PPU spells for 30 seconds O_O.
Instant Ressurection.
Immunity toward antishelter/deflector/heal
Rapid fire, insanely high RoF
Allows any shelter/deflector work as if it was a capped holy shelter/deflector

1 time use drugs.

Teleport to any zone on the map, will appear by GR if teleported to a map with a GR and stealths the user for 5 seconds after teleported.
No implants damaged after death and no armor or weapons damaged until next death.
Synaptic Impairment removal for next 5 deaths/LoMs.

I can come up with more but I have some stuff to do, add your own if you wish. The main reason why I came up with this is because the current situation with drugs is boring and uncreative.

NeoChick
29-07-04, 07:41
I like the idea of teleport drugs!

But plese don't do away with drugs for Constructors and Researchers

seraphian
29-07-04, 07:54
NO!

this is Neocron, not Quake or UT...

it is a ROLEPLAYING GAME not an FPS

powerups that make no realistic sense or are pure FPS-style powerups are a bad idea IMHO

Psycho_Soldier
29-07-04, 07:57
NO!

powerups that make no realistic sense or are pure FPS-style powerups are a bad idea IMHO

LOL! You do realise that this is a MMORPG/FPS. As in a MIX! This is a PvP game as well, seems like you forgot that. Oh and btw, THIS IS NOT A REALISTIC GAME SO DONT COMPARE IT TO REAL LIFE.

Shadow Dancer
29-07-04, 07:57
NO!

How do they make no sense? A futuristic world with drugs that can make you run super fast or jump super high. Doesn't seem far-fetched to me.

I like alot of your drug ideas psycho, but some of them would be too unbalanced. An apu taking a drug for 4x damage? How about no?

:p

Psycho_Soldier
29-07-04, 07:59
How do they make no sense? A futuristic world with drugs that can make you run super fast or jump super high. Doesn't seem far-fetched to me.

I like alot of your drug ideas psycho, but some of them would be too unbalanced. An apu taking a drug for 4x damage? How about no?

I don't see how it would be unbalanced since they don't last very long at all. I think it would be a great replacement for what we have currently.

DannyJ
29-07-04, 08:02
An apu taking a drug for 4x damage? How about no?

Would keep you happy, no?

Would make up for the lower accuracy you have Shad :lol: :p

Psycho_Soldier
29-07-04, 08:03
Would keep you happy, no?

Would make up for the lower accuracy you have Shad :lol: :p

Lower accuracy? Why don't you make fun of someone who does suck and if you do, keep it out of my thread.

seraphian
29-07-04, 08:04
I agree with the idea of combat drugs, and I realize that Neocron is a combo FPS/MMORPG, but I'd like to see a logic behind something like this, not just a 'quad damage powerup'

A booster would work, you could either make it a combat stimulant that lasts a while (normal drug duration, x1.5 speed or so) or make it like an overdrive impulse that works electrically on the body (giving GREAT speed for a short duration)

same with jumping really

but things like quad damage are a bit harder to work in. maybe for melee users (strength enhancement, you know) but for ranged combat? how can a drug give you better power in your mecahnical guns?

if you made it a gun booster (lasts one clip, or lasts for a given duration, costs some condition, but overpowers the gun) that I'd go for, but a 'quad drug' doesn't make much sense to me

Sorry I was so negative about it before, I saw essentially the same names for the powerups as Quake and I was immediately slated against the idea, if only for the fact that I don't want NC ending up as a pure PvP online combat game with a light RPG overlay...

msdong
29-07-04, 08:10
the first things that drugs need are real side effects.

@toppic. i dont think you drugs fit into the NC world.

Psycho_Soldier
29-07-04, 08:10
but things like quad damage are a bit harder to work in. maybe for melee users (strength enhancement, you know) but for ranged combat? how can a drug give you better power in your mecahnical guns?

if you made it a gun booster (lasts one clip, or lasts for a given duration, costs some condition, but overpowers the gun) that I'd go for, but a 'quad drug' doesn't make much sense to me

Tell me, how does adding R-C add to the damage a rifle makes? It could be the same sort of concept really. Instead of getting say.. 178% dmg you get 712% dmg on your rifle.

Psycho_Soldier
29-07-04, 08:11
Also, keep in mind, these don't necessarily have to be called drugs. They can obviously be given a different name.

DannyJ
29-07-04, 08:12
Lower accuracy? Why don't you make fun of someone who does suck and if you do, keep it out of my thread.

Hey Fucknut, it was a joke, don't throw your rattle out the pram now eh :rolleyes:

tiikeri
29-07-04, 08:13
An apu taking a drug for 4x damage? How about no?

That's about it.

And your still asking why is it unbalanced?
HL making 300 damage one hit(with shelter)? 2 shots and ppl drop on floor.
15 secs, then take another drug. 30 secs time to kill ppl. since it takes 2-4 shots to drop anything. RoF cap on HL is 105/min so you can drop 2 HLs in second..... wanna count how many bodies are in floor after 30 secs?

Shadow Dancer
29-07-04, 08:14
the first things that drugs need are real side effects.

How about forcing you to spare an implant slot for these drugs in addition to the severe flash? Like a special "pressure stabilizer"(sounds cool huh? :p) that allows you to stay concious while these drugs are in effect.

Dan, <3.

Psycho Dan was j/k. Can't we all just <3 along? :D

Psycho_Soldier
29-07-04, 08:15
That's about it.

And your still asking why is it unbalanced?
HL making 300 damage one hit? 2 shots and ppl drop on floor.
15 secs, then take another drug. 30 secs time to kill ppl. since it takes 2-4 shots to drop anything. RoF cap on HL is 105/min so you can drop 2 HLs in second..... wanna count how many bodies are in floor after 30 secs?

Well hey, I never said my idea's were perfect, infact I just came up with them without really thinking, but you have to admit alot of the ideas and the concept is pretty good. Just imagine what I could come up with when I actually think about shit... :O

DannyJ
29-07-04, 08:15
How about forcing you to spare an implant slot for these drugs in addition to the severe flash? Like a special "pressure stabilizer"(sounds cool huh? :p) that allows you to stay concious while these drugs are in effect.

Dan, <3.

Psycho Dan was j/k. Can't we all just <3 along? :D

BUT HE WAS MEAN TO ME!!!!!?!?! :(

WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH :(

Dribble Joy
29-07-04, 08:18
I'm kinda with shadow, regardless of how long they last (unless it was like.. 2 seconds) quad dmg, holy buffs or instant rez is too powerfull.

Other than that I like the concept.
I would say make drugs that (rather boringly) give massive stat bonuses for short periods.
Like +50 agl, +40 htl, +40hc or +60psu.

Psycho_Soldier
29-07-04, 08:26
I'm kinda with shadow, regardless of how long they last (unless it was like.. 2 seconds) quad dmg, holy buffs or instant rez is too powerfull.

Other than that I like the concept.
I would say make drugs that (rather boringly) give massive stat bonuses for short periods.
Like +50 agl, +40 htl, +40hc or +60psu.

The whole point of my idea was to get away from the boring stat bonuses.

Dribble Joy
29-07-04, 08:28
The whole point of my idea was to get away from the boring stat bonuses.
I know, like I said, I like the concept, if not the actual ideas.
I think Rust may be along these lines anyway.

tiikeri
29-07-04, 08:28
It might work on some game. But not on this one. Cause it should have even something based on reality. I can't see any way how some drug you take can make your gun hurt your opponent more.

*drinks a bottle of vodka and my PoB makes 4x damage, FEAR MEH.

Psycho_Soldier
29-07-04, 08:30
It might work on some game. But not on this one. Cause it should have even something based on reality. I can't see any way how some drug you take can make your gun hurt your opponent more.

Oh I'm sorry, I had mistaken there was drugs that already did that... OH WAIT... THERE IS!

Noodle
29-07-04, 08:30
well, my liberator PE could surely use a 4x dmg boost, but on my apu and droner, no :p

atm i kill tanks in 4 - 6 HLs, with that drug it would be 4 times less....

actually, thinking about it, it wouldnt work, because of the dmg vs hp stuff in nc. i take 3 HLs to kill anything, no matter what lvl.

Psycho_Soldier
29-07-04, 08:32
well, my liberator PE could surely use a 4x dmg boost, but on my apu and droner, no :p

atm i kill tanks in 4 - 6 HLs, with that drug it would be 4 times less....

actually, thinking about it, it wouldnt work, because of the dmg vs hp stuff in nc. i take 3 HLs to kill anything, no matter what lvl.

4-6 HLs?! Usually takes about 9 for me or so.. Also these drugs would be so rare that only a idiot would use it outside a op war or Neofrag.

tiikeri
29-07-04, 08:32
Oh I'm sorry, I had mistaken there was drugs that already did that... OH WAIT... THERE IS!

show me the drug that makes my gun to make some more damage. Perhaps the skill is added, why not? but damage output.. no

Edit: and there is already game for this kind of shit - it's called Quake u know.

Psycho_Soldier
29-07-04, 08:34
show me the drug that makes my gun to make some more damage. Perhaps the skill is added, why not? but damage output.. no

When not capped, say beast, gives quite a bit of H-C, can raise damage %, once damage is capped the added HC raises RoF which increases ammount of damage during time, and also increases aiming % which allows you to damage easier. I didn't explain that exactly to how it goes because I think you already understand what I mean.

tiikeri
29-07-04, 08:38
omg.. are you just ignorant or do you just want to argue?

IT ADDS SKILL. yes, with better skill you should be able to handle your weapon better, or not? read: damage output is not the samething as skill.

Psycho_Soldier
29-07-04, 08:40
omg.. are you just ignorant or do you just want to argue?

IT ADDS SKILL. yes, with better skill you should be able to handle your weapon better, or not? read: damage output is not the samething as skill.

I don't see how it is such a big difference. Just seems to me you just need a good story behind it so you can roleplay it or whatever. I don't see how my idea is so hard to comprehend compared to PSI in this game.

tiikeri
29-07-04, 08:43
The basic point is it would make things WAY too overpowered.

Who wants to see me running around with my PoB with 4x damage dealing?
Or apus shooting HLs with 4x damage... duh.. nobody. Why? Cause it would be WAY overpowered.

Shadow Dancer
29-07-04, 08:44

Why do you always bring real life into discussions? Please tell me how a glove can let you bring people back from the dead.......

You could find an RP reason for almost anything. The gun enhances your reflexes and coordination to the point where every bullet hits a vital part of the body causing severe damage.

I'm sure someone can come up with a better reason too.

Psycho_Soldier
29-07-04, 08:44
The basic point is it would make things WAY too overpowered.

Who wants to see me running around with my PoB with 4x damage dealing?
Or apus shooting HLs with 4x damage... duh.. nobody. Why? Cause it would be WAY overpowered.

I already admitted my idea wasn't perfect. I think 2x damage would be good enough.

tiikeri
29-07-04, 08:51
Why do you always bring real life into discussions? Please tell me how a glove can let you bring people back from the dead.......

Because i like games that have some sense of reality. Yes it's fantasy or scifi or what ever, but i try to keep it real, u know?
And it's not the glove, it's the spell ;) glove is just needed to use it.

even with x2 damage it would be total annihilation. Unless damageboost gets disabled. DB + drug would hurt :'(

Psycho_Soldier
29-07-04, 08:53
Because i like games that have some sense of reality. Yes it's fantasy or scifi or what ever, but i try to keep it real, u know?
And it's not the glove, it's the spell ;) glove is just needed to use it.

even with x2 damage it would be total annihilation. Unless damageboost gets disabled. DB + drug would hurt :'(

It's not like the drug works for a long time.. 15 seconds.. big deal.

manderf
29-07-04, 10:07
new drug side effect!

shit your pants, or have a heart attack, or if you dont keep taking the drug you start getting -'s in every stat!

Freaky Fryd
29-07-04, 13:44
Imagine a self-buffed (due to the capped stats drugs he mentions) APU that also used these:
- Quad Damage
- Quad Defense
- Immunity toward antishelter/deflector/heal
- Rapid fire, insanely high RoF
- Super Speed and Jump

An experienced APU with all that, could run in and kill a team of 5-10 people (especially if there's no PPUs) in the 15 seconds without a problem...

winnoc
29-07-04, 13:50
LOSE THE DRUGFLASH !!!!!

That's all drugs need.

Clownst0pper
29-07-04, 13:57
Stack your quickbelt on your APU with x4 dmg boosting drugs, strap a PPU to your ass and you might as well bring back the original hybrids..

WebShock
29-07-04, 14:08
didnt read anything other than the thread starters comments.

I dont like this idea.

It makes this game more into Quake than anything else.
Granted this isnt real life but we want to stay in the small confines of realisism.

If anything, make drugs stackable in the quickbelt. IE 5x PSI booster 3 in each slot or something.

Psycho_Soldier
29-07-04, 18:14
Imagine a self-buffed (due to the capped stats drugs he mentions) APU that also used these:
- Quad Damage
- Quad Defense
- Immunity toward antishelter/deflector/heal
- Rapid fire, insanely high RoF
- Super Speed and Jump

An experienced APU with all that, could run in and kill a team of 5-10 people (especially if there's no PPUs) in the 15 seconds without a problem...

Maybe I didn't make it clear enough. I wanted these drugs rare. So rare that you might get one drug every 2 days if you are farming all day on firemobs. Also keep in mind I said the idea wasn't perfect. It could be made so the drugs are not stackable. Instead of just bashing the idea, why not help come up with idea's to improve it?