PDA

View Full Version : sound goes nuts!

funkeymonkey
28-07-04, 23:45
Its been happening for a while now. Somtimes (seems to happen at every op fight now) when sombody casts a apu spell my headphones go nuts then all sounds seem to screw up my speakers/headphones, also blasts out really loud so ive got to take my headphones off to stop them from deafening me!

Any ideas of how i can fix this?

[edit]Its still screwing up my sound even after i have exited neocron, this really is the worst bug ive ever had to put up with.

Gohei
28-07-04, 23:47
I get that too. It's sort of a "Kzzaaaaaappp Kzzzaaaaap!!!" Sound... Tho i'm braindead and lightly retarded so im not bothered...

funkeymonkey
29-07-04, 02:46
lol. Well it pisses me right off, seems to happen at every op war.

Anybody else had it or know how to fix it?

cheers

Ryuben
29-07-04, 02:50
lol. Well it pisses me right off, seems to happen at every op war.

Anybody else had it or know how to fix it?

cheers

turn ur in game sound off....?

notneo
29-07-04, 15:59
turn off hardware acceleration

Dee Zaster
29-07-04, 17:09
I have that problem too...

turn off hardware acceleration

Tried that, but doesn't help.

The only solution I have been able to find to this problem is turning in-game sound off :(

notneo
29-07-04, 18:48
try reinstalling drivers??/

Rade
29-07-04, 18:49
There are alot of people that have this bug and no one seems to have found
a fix. Its extremely annoying and only way to fix it is to reboot your
computer. It almost only happens in rather big fights.

Glok
29-07-04, 18:53
I get it too. I thought it was just my PC. Not glad, but it's good to know it ain't just me. :confused:

rob444
29-07-04, 19:01
Got it on my older PC which have a Soundblaster Live! 5.1 card in it. I fixed it by downloading the latest drivers from creative's website.

Rade
29-07-04, 19:23
Hm, thats the same soundcard as I have.. *getting drivers*

Lexxuk
29-07-04, 19:26
I used to get that when I used on board sound, stuck in my soundblaster pci and that fixed it (usin windows own drivers, i have a really old sound card)

/me sex @ rade :p

Underground
29-07-04, 19:27
Are you using a soundblaster or a audigy/audigy2 ?

I have a audigy 2 and used to get a problem that sounds like what your getting, creative said its a cooling problem so i moved my soundcard to the end of my PCI slots and wacked in a extra fan and it fixed it...

funkeymonkey
30-07-04, 14:25
Cheers for the advise. Using sound blaster live 5.1. Ive turned off hardware acceleration and installed new drivers, if i still get the problem ill ave a look at cooling (though my case temp is only around 20-25c).

Mantiz
30-07-04, 14:30
Cheers for the advise. Using sound blaster live 5.1. Ive turned off hardware acceleration and installed new drivers, if i still get the problem ill ave a look at cooling (though my case temp is only around 20-25c).

Had the same prob (I have SB Live 5.1 digital btw). Installing kX drivers fixxed every prob I ever had. kX homepage (http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/index.php?skip=1)
Obviously worth a try atleast.

Noodle
30-07-04, 14:37
i get this problem with audigy 2, its almost exclusively in caves and/or mc5. im thinking its the repetitive aoe/constant fire.