PDA

View Full Version : [Threads Merged]DoY Item wipe player vote

Skinfitz
26-07-04, 18:02
I keep seeing references to an "item wipe" with regard to BDoY.

Can someone from KK please comment on this - is it legit? Will we lose all our items when BDoY comes?

I need clarification of PRECISELY what is involved.

Siygess
26-07-04, 18:03
No one really knows whats going to happen - the big debate has so far just been hypothetical.

hivemind
26-07-04, 18:07
Yep, it's all speculation and rumor right now, based on the fact that MJS came out and said there would be no wipe of characters for BDoY, but when people asked specifically about an item wipe the KK staff went mysteriously (or ominously, depending on your point of view) silent, despite several multipage threads about the subject...

Dribble Joy
26-07-04, 18:13
I wouldn't mind a stocks, clan money and appartment (other than clan and starter) wipe.
Keep your inv and personal cash, the important things, but remove the excessive amounts of stuff that though you may have spent time building up, actually do little other than sit there and do buggar all.

-Demon-
26-07-04, 18:50
No one really knows whats going to happen - the big debate has so far just been hypothetical.

But as already said..usually KK come along and blow these things out of the water and say it's untrue.

If they made something like that in one of these multi threads then yeah great..but they have gone dead quiet I for one don't like the message that is sending to the community...also seems like they are stringing us along by staying quiet.

Tomalak
26-07-04, 19:21
Now, since when have we ever been strung along? :rolleyes:

Rith
26-07-04, 19:36
TBH I'd imagine a clan and apartment wipe would be essential

Unless they are doing a 1 for 1 swap between current NC servers and new DOY ones, its likely (and from my perspective a damn good idea) that they'll merge the upgrading player base onto 1 server and only open a 2nd when the subs allow for it (hopefully week 2 of retail).

That way we'll have 1 full server of vets and a whole clean new server full of newbies. Only way I can think of for ensuring the newbs aren't gunned down in droves.

Lexxuk
26-07-04, 19:42
maybe they are just moving the char and only the char over, removing items, money, stats etc.. so the char is a 0/2 newb with only the basic stuff and 1200 credits ;)

No one has confirmed or denied that, so naturally its true :p

seraphian
26-07-04, 19:49
it all started with someone asking for KK to do a wipe...

even though KK never said a damn thing either way about it... people all of a sudden assume it's going to happen, are threatening to cancel accounts ect.

THERE IS NO WIPE

not planned yet, not ever stated by KK, stop spreading rumors.

Lexxuk
26-07-04, 19:50
KK havent denied there will be a wipe, the community is worrying and KK are thinkin "HAHA" :angel:

Disturbed021
26-07-04, 20:57
THERE IS NO WIPE

That's correct...there is no wipe....that we have been made aware of yet.
I don't think anyone will really believe that there will not be one until someone from kk says exactly what will be transferred.

What scares me (like most ppl) is the fact that they haven't responded saying that there will be no wipe for sure. If it is truly such a false rumor then why haven't they responded to any of the threads clarifying the issue?

Clyde
26-07-04, 21:12
they said no wipe in the past, no official response now, i think theyre will be a item/money wipe. Which I really dont care cause i dont got any of those fancy mc5s everyone is crying about loosing or a 5 slot wtfever hl with a flashlight on it. So really the only people thats worried are the people who gots shit, while others could careless and would actually liek to see a wipe. holla

Magic Sausage
26-07-04, 21:15
Just keep telling yourself that...

There is no wipe... There is no wipe... There is no wipe...

But until KK says that... I would be planning on it.

ichinin
26-07-04, 21:25
I heard something about the transfer of 1 (ONE) character with 1 (ONE) appartment and some stuff. This does not mean an item wipe but it doesnt mean that you will be able to go in and destroy the economy the first minute either with 999 milions on your clans account.

notneo
27-07-04, 10:06
well if they transfer one character just give all the uber stuff to that alt,even if its one gogo you can stuff it full of all them 5 slotters

Skinfitz
27-07-04, 19:40
I heard something about the transfer of 1 (ONE) character with 1 (ONE) appartment and some stuff. This does not mean an item wipe but it doesnt mean that you will be able to go in and destroy the economy the first minute either with 999 milions on your clans account.
Fuck that idea right off - I've worked hard over the last two years to get all my apartments and stuff - if going to DoY means leaving everything behind then I will be considering this very carefully. So our options would be go to DoY and have fuck all or continue as usual. Continue as usual please.

I'd still like an official comment from KK about this.

NeoChick
28-07-04, 08:50
My understanding of MJS's remark regarding there will be no char wipe means that no chars of Neocron will be wiped. That does not mean that anything will be transferred to the standalone game Neocron DOY. It only means you can still carry on playing the old Neocron and have your char, or start a new char on DOY.

hivemind
28-07-04, 08:58
Mmmpfh, that's not what he said. What we KNOW is that there won't be a character wipe. We also know that when DoY is released, ALL current characters will be moved to the new servers, whether or not you actually buy DoY. We're also know that there will be a "Neocron Classic" server, and we're pretty sure that if you choose to not upgrade, you'll be starting on an empty, fresh server with nothing.

At least that's how I'm understanding it so far.

What we don't know is if there will be a money and/or item wipe for DoY, whether complete or partial wipe.

Original monk
28-07-04, 09:19
Mmmpfh, that's not what he said. What we KNOW is that there won't be a character wipe. We also know that when DoY is released, ALL current characters will be moved to the new servers, whether or not you actually buy DoY. We're also know that there will be a "Neocron Classic" server, and we're pretty sure that if you choose to not upgrade, you'll be starting on an empty, fresh server with nothing.

At least that's how I'm understanding it so far.

What we don't know is if there will be a money and/or item wipe for DoY, whether complete or partial wipe.

then why dont they assure our restless minds that we dont have anything to fear for ?

is it because there not 100% sure themselves ?

or is it because they dont wonna start a multiple panic reaction amongst the playerbase ?

or is it because they yust like to see us panicing about our "stuff" :)

i dunno

i do know that if my stuff is gone, i cant stay here :/

notneo
28-07-04, 12:53
all just pissing in the wind till we know for sure

wait

find out

leave/stay

Ryuben
28-07-04, 14:45
Ok so just for example they do a full item + cash wipe.

Any one actually thought threw what it would take to get ur self back to PvP worth standards??

Ok u got a /63 apu..oh no spells no money to buy spells so hes got to go up the noob cash makeing system.
, i.e. punch rats then get spell, shoot aggys with crap spell, save for new spell get new spell.

Shoot laucnhers with spell, get new spell, shoot warbots get techs yada yada yada (get armour when u can afford it)

Well thats ok for him, but i got a pure cster....how the fuck do i get him a tool ?? 150 tool is how much! and hes got no imps......but there are no pokers any ways cos no one can afford the toools

just think threw how boreing it would be to get all ur imps + rares + mc5's + armour back if they wiped every thing ffs

Just think it threw i can't see them doing a full item + cash wipe.

They said they arn't going to wipe chars, but u got items + cash.

If i was them i would wipe cash + wipe stacks of items over 100..... ;) think it threw.

enigma_b17
28-07-04, 15:14
there are 2 views to this really

(1) I can c the upside to the fun of going through the lvling and weapon gathering as i had to do when i first started.

(2) Most people ave spent over a year gathering weapons items cash etc and forcing them to give up all this would be unjust.

Personally i dont ave the time to get all my items and cash I ave atm, so i wont be goin to doy should there be an item wipe :)

SorkZmok
28-07-04, 15:19
Any one actually thought threw what it would take to get ur self back to PvP worth standards??Who cares? Everyones down to nothing.

And just imagine the fun when you and your gang of friends meet some enemy clan deep down in the level 2 sewers! Stiletto fight! Yeeehaaaw!

Tomalak
28-07-04, 15:21
I'm sure that if there is a wipe, they will find a way to keep it quiet as long as they can. ex: No official word, new forums accessible to Doy customers only, etc..
For sure the word will still get out, but not before a lot of people buy the game.
If I buy Doy, and there is a wipe, I will cheerfully use the disc for a frisbee.
This is crap.
This is not how you treat loyal customers.
Actually, I'm not even buying Doy until we get official word, and I encourage others to do the same.

Jaenus
28-07-04, 15:24
No a wipe wouldn't be good because it's so time consuming for us lot.

Yes a wipe would be good because it gets rid of all that excess cash that really shouldn't exist on Saturn. And lets face it, money is no object on Pluto either really. Even if the money doesn't get wiped a lot of it will be used in re-getting all those items and kind of sort out the economy (hopefully).

But then all thats been said a few times before :)

funkeymonkey
28-07-04, 15:27
i dont think they will either. Some people have put a lot of time into acuring items (some sad bastards even bought items on ebay). Having to start from the begining with rat punching would be no fun, they would loose more customers. Yeah it might make the people who dont have much anyway happy but those of us that spent time getting mc5 imps and all the rares that they need would just get really pissed off. Anybody that wants a cash/item wipe proberly hasnt got much to loose anyway.

Original monk
28-07-04, 15:27
there is no way ever on earth i could get the same gear i have now when they do a wipe ...

some items are yust inreplacable ...

not even talking about the techs and mc5 techs collected over 2 years time ... i work now and cant afford the time anymore ... when i went to school i had plenty of time to fool around on neocron ... but i cant spend hours and hours nomore to get all the ultrarares and multislotters again ...

item wipe = bye bye orig

Richard Blade
28-07-04, 15:33
Ok u got a /63 apu..oh no spells no money to buy spells so hes got to go up the noob cash makeing system.
, i.e. punch rats then get spell, shoot aggys with crap spell, save for new spell get new spell.[/qoute]
If the mission bug is gone, some simple currier missions will ease the rate punching problems. At worst, do some missions to allow you to buy a newbie knife that will ease in the rat missions. Or, a Crahn Energy bolt only costs 1244. If you don't have a higher spell, your rank will only be as high as the current spell. So, you will get rewards appropriate to that spell TL. You will quickly work your way up to a Holy Energy Bolt after that. I might add, you will probably come pretty close to capping those store bought spells at that level too.
[QUOTE=Ryuben]
Shoot laucnhers with spell, get new spell, shoot warbots get techs yada yada yada (get armour when u can afford it)

Well thats ok for him, but i got a pure cster....how the fuck do i get him a tool ?? 150 tool is how much! and hes got no imps......but there are no pokers any ways cos no one can afford the toools
Unless they changed the way the remote tool works, the TL 30 for 3100 will work on all levels of imps. I've got a couple of the original ones and they poke all levels of imps.
I agree that a constructor will have a little more of a hard time. Do currier missions until you can afford a lower tech tool. At that time, you can build the lowbie weapons that people will be asking for. If they are able to hunt, they will be able to tip. It won't be long until you get that TL 150 weapon, which is 670,000 in the construction club on Saturn, and 675,000 at the Yo's in Plaza 2. It may be even cheaper in the mall that is accessible from OZ station. Remember, you won't be jumping directly into a TL 150 tool. Baby steps. It's how everyone would have to do it.

just think threw how boreing it would be to get all ur imps + rares + mc5's + armour back if they wiped every thing ffs
I've thought it through, within one week, you will have people building with TL 150 tools, and a day after that, fighting with rares. Two days after that, they will be trading off their unwanted MC5 parts for better ones.
Don't underestimate the playerbase.

I'm not looking forward to it if they do wipe everything, but it's not an unsurmountable challenge.

Regards,
RB

Jake Cutter
28-07-04, 15:34
So what's the ultimate purpose of an item wipe? Levelling the playing field? Getting rid of exploited items?

Saturn's economy is kinda screwed, yes. But I don't think a full-on item and cash wipe is the answer.

What about epic items?

I have been playing NC since U.S. release, and my characters have worked hard for and earned everything they have. I'm not thrilled at the prospect of hunting for all those techparts again. None of my characters have MC5 parts either.

If an item wipe is in the works, KK wouldn't announce their intent until the release of NC2:BDoY anyway. How many of you would spend the time playing NC now, hunting for techs and doing MC5...if you knew it was all going to be wiped out in six weeks or so?

If they do do an item wipe, I hope they have the decency to to a skillpoint release as well.

As it stands, there are merits to an item wipe. But the downsides for people who have worked their asses off in this game for what they have far outweigh those merits. I'd have to say that I am 70% against/30% for it.

As for recovery from such an event, like Richard says, don't underestimate the playerbase. I agree with his assessment of how recovery would probably go.

Regards,
Jake Cutter
Somewhere on Saturn :)

Lexxuk
28-07-04, 15:36
for some it would be impossible to level up, give a capped apu a low level spell, soon as he uses it his rank would probably hit the 80/ so he'd have to take down a warbot titan with a tl3 spell just to make money O_o

melee tanks with a knife = high rank

so it really isnt feasible to wipe items, money and clans yes, items from people, no, though maybe deleting every apartment except primary would be ok (not too hard to fill 8 cabs, though would screw over people who dont have a primary with 8 cabs)

Jesterthegreat
28-07-04, 15:43
i would love a DoY server where you can import chars, and a DoY server where you start anew.

i would love everyone startting with 0/2 chars again on a server, but not to be forced to, as they could import a char onto the other server if they wanted

Vampire222
28-07-04, 15:48
only good way to wipe, would be to do a complete wipe... and thatd make everyone equal again... but really pissed

Jesterthegreat
28-07-04, 15:51
only good way to wipe, would be to do a complete wipe... and thatd make everyone equal again... but really pissed

hense me saying a server where you start again and a server where you import chars / items / money.

one where people are equal, and one where you keep your years of hard work :p

V. Brett Walker
28-07-04, 15:55
First off, I'd like to say why are we talking about an item wipe to begin with?
Since when do MMORPG do a wipe of any sort, because of an expansion?
If KK Can't do a transfer of chars, money and item then they are more fucked then I thought. To even consider, losing items or money or anything because of some bullshit expansion, is a shame. I just can't get around the thought that there are people even considering that this might happen. Maybe it's me,
but what the fuck is it worth playing a MMORPG if every so often, the threat of money and item wipe comes into play. What the hell does it take to back up the information of each char, and simply copy+paste the shit.
I know this isn't how it's done, but come on, an item and money wipe? That shit makes no fucking since to me. And I've been playing this game since beta 2. Pity this shit for real.

Jake Cutter
28-07-04, 16:05
I think the only reason there's talk of an item wipe, is because of the exploitation that took place.

If KK is satisfied that their recent actions have solved that issue, then they probably won't do it. Too many pissed people.

Regards,
Jake Cutter

ezza
28-07-04, 16:21
since ive started this game ive leveled proberbly about 15-16 chars, thats including long deleted chars like my original Ezza monk who was capped(notintel)and my original tank Ceres BladeMaster(capped str 90s cons)and another high level tank and others.

i still have 12 chars atm, no way to i want to arse around getting items for them,and it wouldnt be cancel 1 or 2 accounts it would be all.

atm im having fun on my rifle spy, ive got many weapons, including 4 or 5 slots rares, took me a while to get them.

now my hybrid(persuming they dont get killed off anytime soon)has high slotted none rare items that took lot of time and money to get.

sry but i dont want to go though all that again

even if they wipe items, the people who had masses andmasses of items will have them again in short order

evs
28-07-04, 16:47
I started on saturn at start of retail.

Got four build chars, rerolled 2 and near capped.

Moved to pluto with nothing and knowing noone.

Built myself up - had a few capped chars and rerolled - before long all sorted and pvp.

Pluto's gone downhill for me personally - so again, ive started on Venus recently.

Knowing no-one and having nothing.

Already got a decent CST spy who can drone and a PE who im levelling.

All its takes is a bit of elbow grease and determination.

Christ if i can complete 3 server moves and (hopefully) be successful on each one - (inlcuding getting by on venus where i dont speak any of the language) - im sure anyone with the determination can.

Like anything, some people will cry and give up - others knuckle down and persevere.

I know who' I'd rather have in my clan :rolleyes:

ezza
28-07-04, 16:51
the point is after leveling so many chars i dont want to do it again.

OMG I MOVED 3 SERVERS!!!!1111 good for you.

ive leveled bucket loads of chars on one server plus 1 on pluto.

evs
28-07-04, 17:11
Ezza i suggest you read threads more carefully instead of concocting poorly executed sarcasm.

This thread is about

Ok so just for example they do a full item + cash wipe.

Any one actually thought threw what it would take to get ur self back to PvP worth standards??

My thoughts are that it doesnt take that long and you dont have to put in that much effort to do it.

I illustrated this with my experience of moving 3 servers.

This thread is not asking whether you want it to happen or not, but stating if it did happen - how long do you think it would take to get yourself back on your feet.

Jesterthegreat
28-07-04, 17:14
after almost 2 years of retail i imagine a lot of people would be very pissed that all they get to keep is their stats / setups (which wouldnt work anyway as they dont have the imps / PA to support it).

that aside my main PvP char is a droner. once a drone rare is made he will sell it off to a couple of people for a high price, then they will sell it to a couple for a little less and so on. not long after that i would buy it and I'd be sorted :p

ezza
28-07-04, 17:14
well GG no RE

maybe you can get things quickly and powerlevel etc but not everyone does/ or can you down?

Jesterthegreat
28-07-04, 17:18
well GG no RE

maybe you can get things quickly and powerlevel etc but not everyone does/ or can you down?

powerlevel? this is about an item wipe...

and yes i realise it would take long time:

my chars:

Droner:

RD
SRI
Raptor
Punisher
Revenge
Mosquito
Particle Nemesis

Tank:

Herc
Marine
MOVEON
PPR
FH2
CS
Speed Gat
Male
Doomie
Moonie

thats just 2 of my chars.

so yes. it would take a long time and i do hope it doesnt happen

ezza
28-07-04, 17:21
edited to save forum space
sry junkie didnt mean you ment the nib above ya

sanityislost
28-07-04, 17:21
if there was an item wipe i would be really pissed off cause all the rp items
from the cult would be lost. which are one offs and cant be replaced...

SiL ..:..

Jesterthegreat
28-07-04, 17:29
well I'd be pissed off for losin all my items o_O

replacable or not i have payed to play Neocron since the beginning of retail and if they wipe all the stuff i got since then i will be severely pissed.

heres hopin they dont :)

evs
28-07-04, 17:33
well GG no RE

I think this was aimed at me.

I had no help when joining any server i moved to, and started from scratch on each - It doesnt take a massive amount of time in my opinion.

You can trade and hunt for rare parts easy, It's just a matter of time and bargaining skills - and Mc5 parts are easily gained as well at close to cap with a decent team.

Only *real* rares are the items in this game I think are hardwork to get hold of - and would be a nightmare to lose.

Items such as Spirit Mods, Kami Chips and Filter Heart 2's.

Then again I've gotten them on Saturn and Pluto - and i imagine in a few weeks i'll have them on Venus.

Don't get me wrong - I would'nt like to lose all my hard earned gear - BUT if it came down to the fact that I had, I would quite easily survive- and I think many others would too.

It's all about determination.

Strych9
28-07-04, 17:36
Everyone is missing the fact that a wipe of any kind would serve no purpose.

The only reason to have a wipe is to make everyone start off even.

However...

As RB and others have pointed out, the playerbase would be back in rares in no time. But thats the experienced players only. The new players wont be any better off. Give the server 1 month, and all vets will have their shit again, and all newbs wont. Just like it is now.

Its not a Cursed Soul that makes the playing field uneven. Its the knowledge on how to quickly level enough to use one, and the knowledge to quickly obtain the parts to build one.

And you can never take away that knowledge.

All any sort of wipe will do is eliminate the extra stuff that vets have that they could give out to newbs. And cause the vets to spend time accumulating resources instead of interacting with the newbs.

Richard Slade
28-07-04, 17:42
@Strych
That is if KK doesn't fiddle with drop rates and such ;)
And also I'd like to say that NC2:BDoY is seen as Neocron2
Why would you be able to take all your stuff from one game to another?
I don't think EQ2 will
Asheron's Call 2 didn't
and so on, why would this be different
However I can very well see that you will be able to have all your crap
on an old server.

ezza
28-07-04, 17:43
@Strych
That is if KK doesn't fiddle with drop rates and such ;)
And also I'd like to say that NC2:BDoY is seen as Neocron2
Why would you be able to take all your stuff from one game to another?
I don't think EQ2 will
Asheron's Call 2 didn't
and so on, why would this be different
However I can very well see that you will be able to have all your crap
on an old server.
but in this case KK have stated that the chars will be moved over, they havnt made statement to say that it is now otherwise.

and last i checked, the other games you could still play EQ1 and AC1 with the chars you had on there

Richard Slade
28-07-04, 17:47
but in this case KK have stated that the chars will be moved over, they havnt made statement to say that it is now otherwise.

and last i checked, the other games you could still play EQ1 and AC1 with the chars you had on there

Eq2 isn't out so no words on that
however afaik I can't pull my AC1 to AC2 anywhere
And what sys that they didn't just mean names?

Anyways,
if they add up some hard ass lvling on the ceres thingy, I don't care what how they do it
I just don't want to see something as sad as capped chars within a week
on a fresh server
that would just suck... not to mention I can't imagine a single new person that wants to know that he's been waiting a little while for NC2 but everyone else gets to come in capped and he has to do it from the start....
In an old game, sure, but on a game that was just released?

ezza
28-07-04, 17:48
fair point.

though i wont be here to see it though

Jest
28-07-04, 17:52
Everyone is missing the fact that a wipe of any kind would serve no purpose. I know that item tracking is being implemented with NC2, and while Im unclear about the logistics of it, I think there is a decent chance that an item wipe might be necessary for tracking to completely work. Dunno though, maybe Im wrong.

Also, the fact that they changed it from NC:BDOY to NC2 extremely frightens me. Whats the purpose of the change? As Richard mentioned, in sequels you cant take your stuff with you, and hes right. So they label it a sequel instead of an expansion pack. Sorry folks, I know every one is in denial, but an item wipe is coming.

Seven
28-07-04, 18:04
Not to mention I can't imagine a single new person that wants to know that he's been waiting a little while for NC2 but everyone else gets to come in capped and he has to do it from the start....
In an old game, sure, but on a game that was just released?

IMHO, I don't see your point...
Every MMORPG is going to have old players with high level or capped characters with new people joining all the time.
Also,
It will not be a game that was just released, but an expansion to a game that already exists. Meaning that anyone who is waiting for NC2 surely knows about Neocron and can start playing now.

Richard Slade
28-07-04, 18:05
IMHO, I don't see your point...
Every MMORPG is going to have old players with high level or capped characters with new people joining all the time.
Also,
It will not be a game that was just released, but an expansion to a game that already exists. Meaning that anyone who is waiting for NC2 surely knows about Neocron and can start playing now.

Once again: NC2 is NOT counted for as an expansion.
If it was an expansion, it would be named NC:BDoY
And not NC2:BDoY
Yes it's a kinda weak argument as it could very much be an expansion
due to the small new content there is,
but still, KK counts it as a new game,
and we can't do shit about that
so try to have the stated fact as a point of view

I may not like it either,
since I know how much effort you've put into this,
but I have to accept it.
And I do
For the very same reason you will;
we love this game.

And I quote:

We decided together with 10tacel to call Dome of York "Neocron 2 - Beyond Dome of York".
While being initially planned as an add-on, Beyond Dome of York evolved into a standalone product. People are confused whether you need to own the original Neocron to use Beyond Dome of York or not, releasing it as sequel eliminates this confusion.

Sure they do say that you will be able to transfer your char,
but if they just would pop up an answer this would be much easier
So I'm not saying "This is how it's gonna be"
I'm saying "This is a possible way of how it's gonna be"
No offense and please don't hate me, I just want attention.

Benjie
28-07-04, 18:12
I'm pro-wipe, and here is why.

The economy is based not only on cash syncs, but on the wealth currently in play and of the trade economics. Imagine actually being able to pay money for an MC5 chip. Imagine cash being worth that much! Wouldn't that be fantastic?
Plus it's damn near impossible to be a newbie in Neocron without cash donations from other players. Taking the playerbase flux into consideration, I think there should be a wipe.

I know there are over arguments why a wipe would be a good thing, but to be honest the prospect of starting over doesn't appeal to me either. For me, a wipe is the only certain sollution for one of Neocrons worst "bugs".

SorkZmok
28-07-04, 18:14
Everyone is missing the fact that a wipe of any kind would serve no purpose.

The only reason to have a wipe is to make everyone start off even.

However...

As RB and others have pointed out, the playerbase would be back in rares in no time. But thats the experienced players only. The new players wont be any better off. Give the server 1 month, and all vets will have their shit again, and all newbs wont. Just like it is now.

Its not a Cursed Soul that makes the playing field uneven. Its the knowledge on how to quickly level enough to use one, and the knowledge to quickly obtain the parts to build one.

And you can never take away that knowledge.

All any sort of wipe will do is eliminate the extra stuff that vets have that they could give out to newbs. And cause the vets to spend time accumulating resources instead of interacting with the newbs.It IS to let everyone start even. Theres ppl with thousands of rares because the droprate used to be way higher. PPL with loads of MC5 imps from way back when you could exploit that place. 1000s of rare drugs from when you could accidently clone them. Spirit mods from when you could research and build them. Millions and millions of money ppl duped. And thats only some things i can think of now.

A wipe alone still wouldnt help, true. There need to be changes to fix the economy. And saying vets still got the upper hand, who cares. Same with powerleveling ppl over others who play only 1 hour a day.

And about the vets helping noobs..oh yeah. 99% dont give a fuck about noobs. Well they gank em occasionally but thats it. You ever tried getting lvl 1 and 2 implants or noob guns? No fucking chance. Takes forever if you wont pay 50k a chip. Cause most ppl wouldnt even bother to answer for such little money.

Seven
28-07-04, 18:24
What would be completely fucked up is if they wipe everything, piss a lot of people off, and within a couple of months the servers are back with tons of duped items and cash.

You think people complain now? :lol:

kanabistro
28-07-04, 18:27
I DONT WANT PEX AGAIN...
I DONT WANT GO FOR RARE/MC5/AND WHAT THE FUCK ELSE AGAIN...
I DONT WANT ALL THE TIME I SPEND IN neocron0.9beta WILL BE LOST ON neocron1.0finalbeta...

I JUST WANT BUY BDOY (or NC2 or neocron1.0finalbeta) and continue play my characters, with my items, my beautifull mc5, all my cash, all my appartement etc etc...

The reason given is : noob will be far away from old runneur...
Yeah ! of course, we are old, we got experience, we Fuck NOOB :D

The real reason if one day KK decide something like that, its because of they don't have maybe the programming skills to make an old runneur database work on NC2...
Or the time...

Bah...don't care ! they have to think about it before !

hivemind
28-07-04, 18:27
What would be completely fucked up is if they wipe everything, piss a lot of people off, and within a couple of months the servers are back with tons of duped items and cash.

You think people complain now? :lol:
THEN I might be gone...

Dirk_Gently
28-07-04, 18:33
I think this was aimed at me.

I had no help when joining any server i moved to, and started from scratch on each - It doesnt take a massive amount of time in my opinion.

You can trade and hunt for rare parts easy, It's just a matter of time and bargaining skills - and Mc5 parts are easily gained as well at close to cap with a decent team.

Then again I've gotten them on Saturn and Pluto - and i imagine in a few weeks i'll have them on Venus.

It's all about determination.

That's because there was an established community with people who had stuff to trade. We are talking about a situation where nobody has rareparts or the means to get rareparts. There would be no stocks of implants for people to sell you. No constructors to build things, as we wouldn't have tools or the means to get tools and also NO BPS.

If that happens then they may as well reset the characters too.

Seven
28-07-04, 18:36
That's because there was an established community with people who had stuff to trade. We are talking about a situation where nobody has rareparts or the means to get rareparts. There would be no stocks of implants for people to sell you. No constructors to build things, as we wouldn't have tools or the means to get tools and also NO BPS.

If that happens then they may as well reset the characters too.

Makes one wonder why we pay for persistant characters. :(

greendonkeyuk
28-07-04, 18:42
i paid to play this game for a year and half+, i paid to have all my items stored on a secure (mostly) database with the understanding i could access it and them 24 hours a day 7 days a week pretty much. Ive not had as bad a service from this company as some of you may have but i too will have to pay to upgrade my 2 accounts to doy. if i cant take my stuff with me then what was the point in me paying for it all and spending that time accumulating it in the first place. Ive had a lot of fun with nc, i think there is much more fun to be had. However unless they implement something like what Jester suggested (now thats a mouthful) then i dont want to stay.

Bottom line i would like a CHOICE to be itemwiped or not. Ive paid my money, ive put up with the bugs, i think this is the least that they can do for me. its jus good customer service.

Comie
28-07-04, 18:42
then why not have (considering that yu can transfer yur toons)
1 4 char sever all stays the same
1 single slot server all stays the same
1 single slot server - complete restart

if that were to happen i think i would go for the noob server

Dirk_Gently
28-07-04, 18:45
Imagine actually being able to pay money for an MC5 chip. Imagine cash being worth that much! Wouldn't that be fantastic?

Most MMORPGs end up with a barter economy, it is never a problem.

Also your economics is deeply flawed. The only way to make cash worth more is to make it harder to come by, by doing this all you would do is shift the core of the economic process away from one hard to find resource to another one. It would make no difference whatsoever to the real "cost" of buying an MC5 chip.

It's quite simple:

Effort to get the stuff I want in trade for my MC5 (i.e. the real value of goods) will remain the same (so long as MC5s remain at an equal level of supply.

In fact a server wipe would make things far WORSE:

MC5 items will be exceptionally rare if there is a server wipe for quite a while, demand will increase as new players join the game. Now work out what will happen to price if demand increases and supply contracts dramatically??

Benjie
28-07-04, 18:48
It would make no difference whatsoever to the real "cost" of buying an MC5 chip.
I can see somebody didn't play Civilization when they where younger. :p

Currency is better than Barter. Even if it's harder to come by, currency is generic. if someone specifically asks for "hull of CS", it's less likely that you will have that than say, 1 million in hard-earned cash.

Currency > Barter.

Seven
28-07-04, 18:56
I know that item tracking is being implemented with NC2, and while Im unclear about the logistics of it, I think there is a decent chance that an item wipe might be necessary for tracking to completely work. Dunno though, maybe Im wrong.

Also, the fact that they changed it from NC:BDOY to NC2 extremely frightens me. Whats the purpose of the change? As Richard mentioned, in sequels you cant take your stuff with you, and hes right. So they label it a sequel instead of an expansion pack. Sorry folks, I know every one is in denial, but an item wipe is coming.

Convince DB of that! :D

well im not fucking concered because IM NOT A FUCKING IDIOT
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=104592&page=6&pp=30

Dirk_Gently
28-07-04, 18:58
I can see somebody didn't play Civilization when they where younger. :p

Currency is better than Barter. Even if it's harder to come by, currency is generic. if someone specifically asks for "hull of CS", it's less likely that you will have that than say, 1 million in hard-earned cash.

Currency > Barter.

I did play civilisation, however civilisation missed something important out.

Currency only works when there is a finite amount of currency in circulation, in Neocron more and more is added to the supply as time goes by. This results in (very rapid) inflation in terms of the currency price of goods. When this happens currency is replaced by a barter system because money becomes a poor store of value.

Basically you want to knock back hyper-inflation by a couple of months. And piss everyone off for the pleasure of watching the economy collapse once more!!!

As things stand new players can come into a stable economy that has reached a working equilibrium. OK, it doesn't look much like a functioning western economy, but given that there is no governmental control in NC this is the best you're gonna get.

Type X
28-07-04, 19:08
maybe they are just moving the char and only the char over, removing items, money, stats etc.. so the char is a 0/2 newb with only the basic stuff and 1200 credits ;)

No one has confirmed or denied that, so naturally its true :p

OMFG!! THAT WOULD F@$%ING BLOW!

Strych9
28-07-04, 19:11
The point about the even playing field is being missed.

ITS STILL NOT POSSIBLE, NO MATTER WHAT.

I dont care if you wipe everything... within a week, there will be a HUGE disparity in between the vets and newbs.

The only difference between a wipe and non-wipe, is that with a wipe, there will be fewer people around to help newbs, and fewer things to give them.

Economy? You think the economy is messed up now? My char has 11 moto 3s on him, and would easily let them go for 20-40K each, no problem. Post wipe... you know how long it will take before things like that have reasonable prices???

Right now you have high demand and huge supply. And you have a lot of cash in game to accomodate everyone. Newbs are often broken off chunks of money to help them out, or given supplies.

Post wipe you have bigger demand and no supply, and no resources that are surplus for helping newbs.

So wipe it. And instead of having a large amount of players and resources available for the influx of new players, you will have everyone that knows what they are doing out power levelling and collecting parts, while the newbs will be wandering around. I dont consider that a level playing field.

The second response to the level playing field idea, and this is perhaps the bigger one, is that IT WONT STAY LEVEL FOR LONG.

For fucks sake, what about in six months from now? Will it matter than 6 months prior the playing field used to be level? You will have a constant stream of new players into the game, and you cant keep it level for all of them.

Now dont get me wrong. If you want a wipe to get rid of duped items and exploited items, thats fine. I think there are other ways of doing that, but thats fine.

But if you think that a wipe, in ANY way, will level the playing field, you are sadly mistaken.

Valmur
28-07-04, 19:12
Mm.. the game has been started all over once before at the first launch, why not again? How people managed to get up at this point ? My constructor uses pistols and can go up ... sure takes some time but I LOVE IT! ^^

Type X
28-07-04, 19:12
OMFG!! THAT WOULD F@$%ING BLOW!

Ok, on second thought, Id be down with that if everyone agreed to stay on MC5 for the first few days making MC5 a total bloodbath, lmao, all glorified chars would be knocked back down to earth, not to point the finger specifially *cough*saza*cough* lmao! You know I luv ya bro, but youre too powerful, I want a chance to kill ya once :) :lol:

Type X
28-07-04, 19:14
then why dont they assure our restless minds that we dont have anything to fear for ?

is it because there not 100% sure themselves ?

or is it because they dont wonna start a multiple panic reaction amongst the playerbase ?

or is it because they yust like to see us panicing about our "stuff" :)

i dunno

i do know that if my stuff is gone, i cant stay here :/

They have to read the forums in order to address our concerns bro. :P

Carinth
28-07-04, 19:20
I'm very strongly pro wipe, characters too. We should have to start from scratch for NC2.

I've been playing NC since towards the end of Beta4. Once retail arrived here in the us (couple weeks after Pluto opened), I made Carinth and began to amass my collection. Since then my collection became the clan's collection and grew even larger with more people donating. My collection now spans around 20 level 3 plaza apartments, most of which are full. I have access to a researcher, constructer, implanter, repairer, and barter. I have not had to interact with someone outside of my clan for equipment in many months. In fact the last time I did, it was to sell someone a rare part.

If I keep my items/char, then I will continue on the same way I am now. I'll have no reason to interact with other players, I'll have no reason to interact with new players. When someone asks on trade if anyone has a reflexbooster1, what could they possibly offer me? I don't need money, I don't need any equipment. If I'm feeling generous, I'll see if I can find one in my apt and give it for free. Or maybe I'll pretend like 10k would be a good price and sell it. An economy based purely on generosity doesn't work.

When new players appear now, they get spoon fed everything they need. All they hafta say is, I only have 10k on me, and someone will give them a mil cash. Join a clan and you've got it set for life. Clans most likely will have collections like mine and quickly set you up with all the equipment you need. The only thing people still work for are MC5's and 4/5 slotted rares/spells. That is, if they join a clan. If they don't then it's an entirely different story. Then you get the aformentioned scenario were noone is willing to trade/sell/buy with you, unless they're feeling generous.

Now we go into what will happen if we wipe. Nolonger are we self sufficient, we hafta depend on others. Yes, those that were in a clan before will probably group together and start a new clan together. But they'll be leveling in the same areas as everyone else. Maybe they won't have a constructer at first, they'll hafta depend on someone outside of clan. They'll hafta deal with others to trade/buy equipment. They'll hafta deal with others while hunting, maybe to find a ppu. When people work together, they form relationships which is why mmorpg's are so much better then single player rpgs. In short, instead of being isolated, new players will be involved with the existing players.

Strych9: New players should be involved in the same process we are, not spoon fed what they need. You assume rare part gathering is always done alone. Not only do you need to trade with others to get a set of what you want, but you often need to find a ppu, maybe a hacker too. If theres a new player I'd made friends with while killing rats together, maybe I'll be inclined to take them along with me. Honestly I feel new players have it worse now, it's either too easy or too hard for them.

hivemind
28-07-04, 19:23
In short, instead of being isolated, new players will be involved with the existing players.
At least for a while, and that's better than no time at all...

Dirk_Gently
28-07-04, 19:37
In short, instead of being isolated, new players will be involved with the existing players.

Strych9: New players should be involved in the same process we are, not spoon fed what they need. You assume rare part gathering is always done alone. Not only do you need to trade with others to get a set of what you want, but you often need to find a ppu, maybe a hacker too. If theres a new player I'd made friends with while killing rats together, maybe I'll be inclined to take them along with me. Honestly I feel new players have it worse now, it's either too easy or too hard for them.

I betcha that if char's were wiped and people did stay, that all active clans would be back up with the same members as they have now asap, everyone would be so busy levelling/hunting they wouldn't even speak to the newbs.
If I need people to work with I choose people I know and trust, as a high level char with loads of stuff, I can afford to work with low level chars because if they screw me I am big enough for it not to matter.

It is much more enjoyable to join a functioning community with an existing structure. When I first started Neocron NOBODY would help you and it was absolutely shit, the community was fractured to hell and you basically wandered around on your own until you were high enough level to join a clan, so at least then people were ganking you for a reason. Now because we have an established community that doesn't happen, if a newbie asks a question someone will help them, people have time to help, if we are all tear-arsing around the Wastelands trying to power-level or restock our inventories then we won't have time to show new players the ropes.

From my experience games are much better after they've been running a while and the community is established.

james_finn
28-07-04, 20:00
I personally am for a full wipe. I know that this wont happen, and before you all flame me, yes I do have 4 capped (or close to cap) players on pluto. And yes one is a PPU that has 90 base intel, and 5 slot all spells, and I have MC5s for all my characters, and everything else that is needed. But I agree with carinth its either too easy or too hard to start afresh. I just literally logged onto venus to start a fresh character where I have no money and no friends (well maybe evs.... if i can find him). But I decided not to in the end, because it would make my gaming time so much harder! This is what noobies should see when playing the game. Not the oh here you go have a mil, that should sort you out for leveling purposes.

I used to play a game everytime I reroll a character. Ill run him into plaza 1 and ask for cash (begging if you like) well the best that I ever got was 3 million from people. This was extortionate and if cash actually meant something then it probably wouldnt have happened. But that alone devalues the whole economy.

Ok getting OT here.

Delphi

*** FOR A FULL WIPE ***

-FN-
28-07-04, 20:07
(2) Most people ave spent over a year gathering weapons items cash etc and forcing them to give up all this would be unjust.

... gather weapons items cash in Neocron 1. If people want to keep their precious crap, stay in NC1, nobody's forcing anybody to go to NC2. NC2 is being marketed as a new game, with new servers. That you even get to carry your NC1 character over to NC2 is a big damn gift. Look at EQ2 :rolleyes:

Dirk_Gently
28-07-04, 20:10
I used to play a game everytime I reroll a character. Ill run him into plaza 1 and ask for cash (begging if you like) well the best that I ever got was 3 million from people. This was extortionate and if cash actually meant something then it probably wouldnt have happened. But that alone devalues the whole economy.

Ok getting OT here.

Delphi

*** FOR A FULL WIPE ***

Cash will never mean anything I have explained why, unless kk magically manage to write an insanely complex economics engine, cash is always going to be irrelevent after a server has run for more than a month. Lets face it if you wish to play your game by being an annoying arse who begs then why shouldn't you be able to??? That is RP.

A wipe will fix nothing, it will lose kk alot of their loyal customers and wreck the whole purpose of an MMORPG - that is the building of the community.

Dubhead
28-07-04, 20:21
Full wipe please. You know it makes sense.

-FN-
28-07-04, 20:27
Cash will never mean anything I have explained why, unless kk magically manage to write an insanely complex economics engine, cash is always going to be irrelevent after a server has run for more than a month.

*coughs* A Real NC Economy in my sig *coughs* :angel:

Dirk_Gently
28-07-04, 20:31
*coughs* A Real NC Economy in my sig *coughs* :angel:

Yep, what you say is very good.

The total amount of cash on the NC server must be at a set level. Mission rewards whatever cannot be allowed to take it above that level. Maybe a small increase each year but nothing more.

Endar
28-07-04, 20:53
I hope they will give us a completely new server, you guys who are worried about stuff that "you have worked so hard to get" can play original NC all for I care...

Just think about the new players, a server full of fucking high lvl PKers with rares running around... If KK really wants new players to join (and stay) they will have to create a completely new server...

And if they dont and I will see even one high lvl moron PKing people at sewers or streets Im personally going to give him/her a visit (in RL) and shove a banana in his ass... Oh and hide a bloody drom head in his bed...

Dirk_Gently
28-07-04, 20:59
I hope they will give us a completely new server, you guys who are worried about stuff that "you have worked so hard to get" can play original NC all for I care...

Just think about the new players, a server full of fucking high lvl PKers with rares running around... If KK really wants new players to join (and stay) they will have to create a completely new server...

And if they dont and I will see even one high lvl moron PKing people at sewers or streets Im personally going to give him/her a visit (in RL) and shove a banana in his ass... Oh and hide a bloody drom head in his bed...

Come on the vast majority of people don't gank noobs. And this way the high level chars will keep busy with each other rather than rationalising "I have no equipment it is fair if I gank noobs"

Can those pro-wipe people think about the game structure in BDoY for a minute. There will be no communication whatsoever between the two cities other than high level players. That will be crap.

Jest
28-07-04, 21:05
... gather weapons items cash in Neocron 1. If people want to keep their precious crap, stay in NC1, nobody's forcing anybody to go to NC2. NC2 is being marketed as a new game, with new servers. That you even get to carry your NC1 character over to NC2 is a big damn gift. Look at EQ2 :rolleyes: EQ2 was a planned sequel the entire time, NC2 was not. If I had known all my crap was going to get wiped away in a matter of months, I wouldnt have spent those hours and hours in Mc5, or in the tunnels, or spending hours building stuff to get good slots. You cant just have a planned expansion pack (thats been constantly pushed back and myself personally have been waiting for it for a year a 5 months) and then be like, oh we changed our mind, we took so long in making it that its now a sequel, and your items are getting wiped. Thats no where near similiar to any other sequel you mentioned. Thats bad business. There is zero credibility in the sequel argument.

Dirk_Gently
28-07-04, 21:10
If you read Thanatos' post (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=103848) about NC2, he implies that for existing players things will carry on as if in an add-on and the NC2 bit is purely for marketing purposes.

So we could be worrying for no reason.

Clownst0pper
28-07-04, 21:26
Why are we repeating this shit?

Rjn
28-07-04, 21:41
Ryuben made some good points in his thread http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=104837
about the the rumours of a possible item and cash wipe when DoY finaly goes live.

I know for a fact even though ive played since first few weeks of retail i will not be playing nc if cash and items are wiped.

I would leave for this reason I've been trying for a long time know to collect every item in game and i have more or less at least one of every item that is or has been lootable or buildable past and present including unique junk and apart from the belt of zargarus , tigers blood , mysteriosly broken mc5 imps and a few other very very hard to get (if not impossiable short of it being spawned for u by winning a nc comp) items ive done it. So a item wipe would be the last straw for me.

so im asking for your vote so kk can get a guide to the player loss that will hapen if this goes ahead.

Dirk_Gently
28-07-04, 21:44
Oh God not again. :eek:

I probably would leave but I clicked no on the poll because my hands don't work.

If I do leave and come back in a few months can we reset the servers so it is "fair" on me. :D

Ascension
28-07-04, 21:47
conflicting title and Poll O_o

Rjn
28-07-04, 21:47
dirk uve played only a few month it wouldnt effect u much but alot of us have spent alot of time and effet collecting stuff to get best of everything it hits us hard

Dirk_Gently
28-07-04, 21:49
Dirk, it seems that you have only played for a few months therefore it wouldn't affect you very much. Alot of us however have spent alot of time and effort collecting stuff so that we could have the best of everything. It hits people who have done that very hard.

I've played for around 2 years actually. Just didn't join the forum.

Rjn
28-07-04, 21:49
lol ascention shut up btw i need my banner changed on rank hehe

Rjn
28-07-04, 21:50
sorry then dirk didnt mean to offend dude

Seven
28-07-04, 21:50
I sense a thread merge coming...

Mindgibber
28-07-04, 21:51
seriously not again please :(

we have 5 more weeks until doy, i hope not every two days will come another thread with wipe items, wipe chars, wipe money, wipe girls, wipe wipe wipe

Ascension
28-07-04, 21:51
sure, ill do that some time ;)

on topic.. i wouldnt mind either way, part from losing my DS cos MC5 is fucked :rolleyes:

Ascension
28-07-04, 21:54
thoughts anyone?

Joke.. :lol:

actually why the hell cant we have an official response

Rjn
28-07-04, 21:54
seriously not again please :(

we have 5 more weeks until doy, i hope not every two days will come another thread with wipe items, wipe chars, wipe money, wipe girls, wipe wipe wipe

well if its been brought up so much doesnt that show how unhappy peeps are

ezza
28-07-04, 21:56
lol there like 10 of these threads going and still no responce.

Dirk_Gently
28-07-04, 21:56
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

It's the Item Wipe threads man!! They're everywhere.

Ascension
28-07-04, 21:58
Well, this is Reakktor, even if it was said 'NO ITEM WHIPE' whats the chance they fuck up the data :rolleyes: base and everything is lost?

ezza
28-07-04, 21:59
would be nice for a responce i mean sooner they say the sooner i can say if im staying or leaving

hivemind
well if its been brought up so much doesnt that show how unhappy peeps are
Actually, it's been about half and half each time. Which is a lot less than the parashock bitch threads get, they're typically about 70-30 against para, yet somehow para is still in.

Bitch all you want, threaten all you want. I think Reakktor is going to wipe items and cash regardless of the whiners, if for no other reason than the database won't migrate as-is.

Besides, most of you people saying you'll quit won't really, or you'll be back. That's been proven time and again...

Dirk_Gently
Well, this is Reakktor, even if it was said 'NO ITEM WHIPE' whats the chance they fuck up the data :rolleyes: base and everything is lost?

Reakktor are great!!! Reakktor are wonderful!!! You evil person.

Please can I keep my inventory ;)

Nasher
28-07-04, 22:00
Why does everyone think there is going to be an item wipe? They havn't even hinted at one O_o

Ascension
28-07-04, 22:02
Reakktor are great!!! Reakktor are wonderful!!! You evil person.

Please can I keep my inventory ;)

*removes Dirks database entry*

*drags to recycle bin*

Mwhahahah!!! :lol:

anyways.. we gotta be realistic about this.. its whats be said before basically about server merges etc.. there the chance everthing could go *KABOOM*
Lets just hope they have a backup ;)

Dirk_Gently
28-07-04, 22:02
Actually, it's been about half and half each time. Which is a lot less than the parashock bitch threads get, they're typically about 70-30 against para, yet somehow para is still in.

Bitch all you want, threaten all you want. I think Reakktor is going to wipe items and cash regardless of the whiners, if for no other reason than the database won't migrate as-is.

Besides, most of you people saying you'll quit won't really, or you'll be back. That's been proven time and again...

I don't think they are. The database should migrate unless they have done soemthing really weird. Reading what has been said on the issue by kk it sounds like for existing players NC2 will be just like an ordinary expansion.

I will leave to try a couple of other games if there is an item wipe, but if they suck I may return.

enigma_b17
28-07-04, 22:05
if they wipe im gone anyway as i said in the other thread, ive spent too long collecting items/cash etc and lvling my chars. If the wipe happens I simply wont have the time to do all that again

Glok
28-07-04, 22:31
I voted yes, and I would cancel my account and leave, but, I would likely be back in a month or 2. Can't live without my fix. :lol:

-=BlackBeard=-
28-07-04, 22:38
i have spent years gettin all my stuff if u delete it i will leave nc deff... maybe if u let us keep like 10 items or a gogo full

-Demon-
28-07-04, 22:40

Hivemind,

I really find it funny in each of these threads somehow people are buffing/whiners or something else insulting.
It's been proven that people come back knowing that the shit they left behind will still be there, this is a completly different case entirely.

Bah I give up...no good talking to people who think you are buffing or shit just to get 'your own way' thats just BS and quite honestly I've had enough trying to explain why in reasons you understand.

Onoz I must be nearly leaving according to hive...this just an excuse :rolleyes:

TheGreatMilenko
28-07-04, 22:43
im to lazy for a item wipe just make a new server if you want a item wipe godamn NOT EVERYONE wants to lose everything they worked for

Richard Angelus
28-07-04, 22:47
:lol:
we had that topic some weeks ago in the German Community Forum.....
at the end there was like 5 Threads with a poll (would you go after a Itemwipe, which itemwipe is ok for you, is a wipe ok.....)
then a Mod came along and made a single Thread for the hole topic with a poll (and closed all other threads) :D

take a look here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=104055), here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=104001), here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=103944), here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=103936), here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=103953) and here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=104041) :D

r0ti0n
28-07-04, 22:50
if they do item wipe..

im gonna spaz... i have so much stuff on pluto... 8|

Vampire222
28-07-04, 22:55
First of all: NO OFFICIAL EVER SAID THERE WAS GOING TO BE AN ITEM WIPE... i could understand all the hype about it if one did, but as far as it is now, its only a rumour, a mere possibility, i suggest some official makes a official thread about this denying or acknowledging this, because im getting quite fed up with people basing their opinion on mere rumours about something that MIGHT happen....

Shadow Dancer
28-07-04, 22:56
We should get an official response. I mean I think it would be pretty low and despicable to wait till DOY comes then say their will be an item wipe.

G.0.D.
28-07-04, 22:58
If there wasnt going to be an item whipe, they would have said somthing by now :( I made a thread like this 4 mounths ago - 15 pages and no responce.

LTA
28-07-04, 23:05
We should get an official response. I mean I think it would be pretty low and despicable to wait till DOY comes then say their will be an item wipe.They enjoy taking your money and THEN kicking you in the teeth....

Valmur
28-07-04, 23:14
These posts are frustrating.

Marx
28-07-04, 23:14
They should make one big official thread about this.

-FN-
28-07-04, 23:15
Honestly, I believe there hasn't been an 'Official' answer because I doubt KK even has a definite plan on item/char/cash wipe, just like they don't have a real definite release date ;)

sanityislost
28-07-04, 23:31
No i wouldnt leave but i would be really pissed off about it and if NC2 isnt as
good as KK are making it out to be i will leave.

Lexxuk
28-07-04, 23:36
dont know why people say "will you leave!" its more "will you buy the game if you have to start with nothing but your chars" coz remember you aint being given NC2, you have to buy the full game.

Gohei
28-07-04, 23:39
Yes, i would leave. No doubt about it.

I love NC, but i jusst can't handle having to gear up all my characters with weapons, tools, veichles and spells etc. I jusst dont have the time.

Crono
28-07-04, 23:40
Oh God not again. :eek:

I probably would leave but I clicked no on the poll because my hands don't work.

If I do leave and come back in a few months can we reset the servers so it is "fair" on me. :D

thats why many want a Wipe. They come back from extended aways, dont like that their "now behind" and try to foole all the fools into buying the crap idea that the servers should be wiped to fix the economy, and even try to say it would be better for noobs (which is a lie)
When their secret agendas are really to be able to become on top again in a race from the start, kinda selfish if you ask me.

ahh well, whatever happens i dont care. Im not playin much now because wtf is the point. its not like the fighting is that fun, over a REAL FPS, and no point collecting anything.

-Crono

Seven
28-07-04, 23:41
dont know why people say "will you leave!" its more "will you buy the game if you have to start with nothing but your chars" coz remember you aint being given NC2, you have to buy the full game.

Pay to get wiped? That's really harsh!! :lol:

Gohei
28-07-04, 23:44
. its not like the fighting is that fun, over a REAL FPS, and no point collecting anything.

-Crono

Thats the only reason i do play NC. For the PvP. I've tried UT2004, PS and all but it's not close to as fun as a cool OP war in NC. I've done all my hunting to get the gear and i am keeping it. FU KK!!! LO;OLOLOLO! Suck0rz!!

btw... Drop B: DoY, it prolly sucks anyway....

Gohei
28-07-04, 23:49
Honestly, KK havent managed to get rid of bugs thats been around since beta. How do you expect them to transfer your game data to another server ? Remember who we are dealing with here.

Crono
28-07-04, 23:50
If they do do a wipe, like a full wipe not a partial Then it is truley as if we had payed roughly 12 bucks a month to beta test, and now that the beta is over their mistakes are being burned off. you dont pay to beta test, and it mostly seems were paying to work on NC2 since not much is EVER fixed in NC1, just disabled or zones removed. A full wipe is a great way to say thanks for sticking it out guys, then they punch you in the face and laugh cause the thing they learned the most from this "beta" is how much they can screw with you while they collect payment each month and still get away with it.

I still like this company, but their PR department has always been nonexistant.

There has usually always been some comment from a GM or something is big threads like this, even if its somethign stupid ot to disway bad rumors even if they dont tell you anything. Anything in this line of threads they were probably informed to not even go near as its all to be hush hush.

You dont tell an employee he is being fired till the dey you fire him because he will no longer work hard/come in at all as there is no point. Anyone getting that vibe?

-Crono

COLD
29-07-04, 00:23
Is there still going to be an NC CLASSIC server? If there is and let's imagine that there IS going to be an item wipe, would it apply to that server as well? Or would that be the only way to keep our items? God Damnit I hate not having an official word on the subject!! I mean, is KK sitting back reading all the daily posts and questions and laughing at us or what?

Gohei
29-07-04, 00:26
God Damnit I hate not having an official word on the subject!! I mean, is KK sitting back reading all the daily posts and questions and laughing at us or what?

Prolly poking eachothers genitals wiv sticks an stuff too.....

Vampire222
29-07-04, 00:39
Prolly poking eachothers genitals wiv sticks an stuff too.....

working on patching the doy beta...

Seven
29-07-04, 00:48
How do you expect them to transfer your game data to another server?

Very carefully! :D

Lexxuk
29-07-04, 00:49
There is no NC2, its all an illusion :p

G.0.D.
29-07-04, 00:51
www.thedomeofyork.com (http://www.thedomeofyork.com)

*coff*

Jest
29-07-04, 01:14
Honestly, I believe there hasn't been an 'Official' answer because I doubt KK even has a definite plan on item/char/cash wipe, just like they don't have a real definite release date ;)Yah, planning ahead isn't exactly their strong point. :lol:

-Demon-
29-07-04, 01:16
If there wasnt going to be an item whipe, they would have said somthing by now :( I made a thread like this 4 mounths ago - 15 pages and no responce.

G.O.D I also made one just this weekend...300 odd people voted...god knows how many pages but no response from kk just like every other persons post about this subject.

-Demon-
29-07-04, 01:27
Is there still going to be an NC CLASSIC server? If there is and let's imagine that there IS going to be an item wipe, would it apply to that server as well? Or would that be the only way to keep our items? God Damnit I hate not having an official word on the subject!! I mean, is KK sitting back reading all the daily posts and questions and laughing at us or what?

The classic server from what has been said is as NC is now. You will have to start new chars on the classic server as your 'char' (only that has been mentioned not items) will be transfered to DoY.

-=BlackBeard=-
29-07-04, 10:06
51 people is still alot kk

Rjn
29-07-04, 12:04
well so far 51 i know alot iof u are pluto lads too thats like half the server pop at mo lol kk u rearrly gunna kill one of your own servers???? i know i wouldnt put it past u lol

tiikeri
29-07-04, 12:06
How many these WE REALLY NEED?!?! its like the 100th or something...

eldiabloz
29-07-04, 12:07
if they wipe im gone anyway as i said in the other thread, ive spent too long collecting items/cash etc and lvling my chars. If the wipe happens I simply wont have the time to do all that again

Me too ;)

Now 54...

Clownst0pper
29-07-04, 12:11
51 people is still alot kk

W00ps, clicked no, Meant yes id leave!

Type X
29-07-04, 12:12
I voted yes, and I would cancel my account and leave, but, I would likely be back in a month or 2. Can't live without my fix. :lol:

LMAO, Everyone that votes yes will be back in a month or two and KK knows it, thats why the item wipe will come to pass, but i doubt the cash will get wiped, so I suggest if you dont have a charachter cash cap worth of money, it would do you well to get one, cuz this is gunns f'in hurt! lmao

Birkoff
29-07-04, 12:16
Shit i voted no when i meant yes... the post title sucks to the poll options :)

AsTrIX
29-07-04, 15:18
Rumors..rumors...rumors one thread But no actuall official response?

Can we please have an answer o_O

Tratos
29-07-04, 15:21
Yet another thread asking for official response and another thread which wont get any.

Best thing to do is wait it out untill we get all the info just before release i guess.

AsTrIX
29-07-04, 15:22
The last one was if people would stay..ive yet to see one asking for answers

Mr_Snow
29-07-04, 15:24
There have been ones asking for answers and ones speculating that the lack of answers means that KK is going to wipe items and money but dont want to scare people into leaving but whichever way it goes I doubt KK will answer anything til they are ready to.

AsTrIX
29-07-04, 15:25
that smells

ezza
29-07-04, 15:26
lol not another thread :D

still no offical word, somethings a foot o_O

Strych9
29-07-04, 15:27
Consider this-

If there was going to be a wipe, would people even bother playing right now? So if there was going to be a wipe, why would they tell you?

If there was NOT going to be a wipe, it wouldnt change anything.

Food for thought.

AsTrIX
29-07-04, 15:28
somone told me about a char wpe to... or is that just ... eh? o_O

ezza
29-07-04, 15:29
good point, one ive concidered.

meh ill just cap my tank anyway, and hope that all will be well when DoY comes.

gonna be cancelling one account tonight anyway proberbly, and justkeep my 2 main accounts

Mr_Snow
29-07-04, 15:29
MJS said that there definitely wont be a char wipe.

seraphian
29-07-04, 15:30
I'm going to be the odd one out here, and say people should keep making threads until KK gets the hint and realizes we're not going to stand for being kept in the dark until september to find out if all the work we're doing now is useless...

Jock Rockwell
29-07-04, 15:30
No news is good news? o_O

ezza
29-07-04, 15:32
No news is good news? o_O
not with this game it aint

it just spreads seeds of doubt within the player base

Maarten
29-07-04, 15:32
Another job for Mr. RaTMaN McCruel...

Clownst0pper
29-07-04, 15:35
just shut up! :mad:

Tratos
29-07-04, 15:36
Another job for Mr. RaTMaN McCruel...Hmm.. Good idea, but by the time he would actualy respond to the english community KK would probably of released the info themselves.

svenw
29-07-04, 15:37
I hope KK will post it before you have to order NC2.
But if there is a wipe ind any form I hope they post it a lata as possible, because it will totally srew up the business in NC. Think about what will happen when a moneywhipe is announced. Everybody buying everything they can. 1 MC5 for 20 Million credits, RAre parts for a million a part etc.

AsTrIX
29-07-04, 15:38
shutup? :wtf:

-=z=-
29-07-04, 15:51
I hope KK will post it before you have to order NC2.
But if there is a wipe ind any form I hope they post it a lata as possible, because it will totally srew up the business in NC. Think about what will happen when a moneywhipe is announced. Everybody buying everything they can. 1 MC5 for 20 Million credits, RAre parts for a million a part etc.

I would expect an item wipe to accompany any money wipe. But if it is only a money wipe, I agree with you the economy will go to hell. But you won't be able to buy ANYTHING as everyone will know that the money will be worthless. Tradeskillers wouldn't have any use for NC tips (TL 115 poke? 1 unressed part please...), traders won't accept money in any trade, etc.

Finally, no news is not good news, its poor communication and a lack of respect.

Clownst0pper
29-07-04, 15:59
shutup? :wtf:

Its been asked

Its been asked

Its been asked

And no answer.

Ive seen thread after thread after thread of this shit,

"Is there a wipe?" "Will you quit if theres a wipe" "Can we have an official response on the item wipe?"
Its the same shit with a different title. Instead of making thread after thread, read current ones. If KK were going to repply, they would have. So please, shut up. Jesus.

Original monk
29-07-04, 16:09
until KK gets the hint and realizes we're not going to stand for being kept in the dark until september to find out if all the work we're doing now is useless...

deja vu, this isnt the first thing we are kept in the dark with :/

some info would be intresting yeah ...

ya must be a fool to stay here when all youre gear ya worked hard for gets wiped ... and if ya do stay this means you where a brokeass motha ... well ya get the point

and clownstopper: be kind to the lady :) the itemwipe matter is a simple question where we atleast have the right to know an answer on not ?

im sure 90% cancels when they wipe our gear anyway ... or force us to play the "classic" servers with our current gear we got ...

lots of people said they would stop in the past ... and didnt ... but an itemwipe isnt the same as a bug or sumthing ... and solutions like: ya can keep one gogo or ya can keep 10 items are rediculous ... as in: take a few items with ya is still a wipe ...

i follow seraphians opinion on this one: if we keep asking for what the future will bring there gonna be forced to do so one time or another, i say speak out for yourself, demand the truth, viva la revolution !

FREEtheDOMe !!!

hehe, nm me, its 40 degree's here at work, im getting spontanious hallucinations :)

cRazy2003
29-07-04, 16:16
Its been asked

Its been asked

Its been asked

And no answer.

Ive seen thread after thread after thread of this shit,

"Is there a wipe?" "Will you quit if theres a wipe" "Can we have an official response on the item wipe?"
Its the same shit with a different title. Instead of making thread after thread, read current ones. If KK were going to repply, they would have. So please, shut up. Jesus.

why dont YOU shut up and if you dont like the thread dont read it and ignore it.

Ascension
29-07-04, 16:17
CLOSE IF YOU AINT GONNA ANSWER?

evs
29-07-04, 16:20
I like the grey on grey ascention.

Very...

... grey

:D

AsTrIX
29-07-04, 16:39
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i dunno wether to go teh hunting

svenw
29-07-04, 16:42
I would expect an item wipe to accompany any money wipe. But if it is only a money wipe, I agree with you the economy will go to hell. But you won't be able to buy ANYTHING as everyone will know that the money will be worthless. Tradeskillers wouldn't have any use for NC tips (TL 115 poke? 1 unressed part please...), traders won't accept money in any trade, etc.

Finally, no news is not good news, its poor communication and a lack of respect.It will happen with any other wipe too. Wipe everythign except Imps: MC5 and kami soaring up without messure. Wipe everything except Imps and QB: same as above +multi slot rare weapons.

|R@zor|
29-07-04, 16:45
If there's going to be one i hope they tell us before i spend money on DOY

Jest
29-07-04, 16:58
If there was going to be a wipe, would people even bother playing right now? So if there was going to be a wipe, why would they tell you?Guess why I started playing Uranus and stopped playing Pluto. ;)

phunqe
29-07-04, 17:01
Right about now I care as much as this roach basically...

http://195.198.174.163/roach.bmp

Clownst0pper
29-07-04, 17:12
why dont YOU shut up and if you dont like the thread dont read it and ignore it.

Its rather shallow to enjoy the same threads over and over.

Marx
29-07-04, 18:01
Its rather shallow to enjoy the same threads over and over.He makes the point - responding to threads you don't like is the same as knowingly paying for bad food and complaining that it's bad food.

You know whats in store by the thread title... Don't like it, don't click it.

Shadow Dancer
29-07-04, 18:02
It would be pretty low for them to intend to wipe but wait till september to tell us.

Clownst0pper
29-07-04, 18:04
He makes the point - responding to threads you don't like is the same as knowingly paying for bad food and complaining that it's bad food.

You know whats in store by the thread title... Don't like it, don't click it.

I click it in the hopes it may have some more information, or in the hope it may get an official response.

The same can be said for all those replying positivly. You enjoy eating bad food? or in this case, you enjoy reading bad threads?

Personally, Its amusing more than anything.

Marx
29-07-04, 18:08
I click it in the hopes it may have some more information, or in the hope it may get an official response.

The same can be said for all those replying positivly. You enjoy eating bad food? or in this case, you enjoy reading bad threads?

Personally, Its amusing more than anything.Just because you view it as a bad thread doesn't mean others do, some obviously feel the more threads, the more attention, the higher chance of getting an actual response as opposed to the current stony silence.

It was already stated there wouldn't be a char wipe, now the active worry is about an inventory wipe. I can understand the worry - I can understand why people are doing this.

Hence, I'm not complaining about the shear amount of wipe threads. Like I said, don't like it... Don't click it.

To be honest, the fact that all of these threads haven't been merged worries me a tad.

El_MUERkO
29-07-04, 18:13
Another job for Mr. RaTMaN McCruel...
Ask him when he gets back from holiday cause I'm sure he'll be on the English boards all the time them.

:lol: damn I'm funneh :lol:

Mattimeo
29-07-04, 18:22
It would be pretty low for them to intend to wipe but wait till september to tell us.

You ever known KK to do it any other way?

Rai Wong
29-07-04, 18:29
oh remember? preorder now! BDOY coming in july...

comlink
05-08-04, 02:19
Actually, if these threads don't do anything else, they tell KK that there's a pretty good percentage of the playerbase who will disapear if they wipe, and another percentage that are steadfastly against a wipe. Oh, this is an interesting idea by the way: I wonder if KK is out of free capital? Perhaps that's why they haven't added anything, fixed the servers, anything like that. Maybe they can't. Why do I bring this idea up? I would think losing a great deal of accounts would worry them. Guess we wait.

joran420
05-08-04, 02:22
my cousins freinds girlfrinds brother says he knows someone in KK and they said there will be an item wipe :P

Omnituens
05-08-04, 02:36
This is an important question that needs to be answered NOW, because it will decide if i continue playing or go to my good friend Mr. Ebay.

Bred
05-08-04, 02:59
MJS said there wouldn't be a wipe. If I remember right, can't find the thread, it was just that there would be no wipe. I love and hate the idea of a wipe. But I can tell you now that even with out official comment i KNOW there will not be a full char wipe. Why the fuck else would they tell us we can transfer out chars from nc1 to nc2? I doubt theres any item wipe, however it would be comical to have maxed ppu using store bought holy spells and using store bought imps. I could see them going with an item wipe to get rid of things, but I don't see why the new game wouldn't be able to have stuff built in to prevent them. Like the Cop Bot rifles still left over. Stuff like that. But I seriously doubt it. A money wipe wouldn't be all bad. However you'd have some clan that uses they 200 mil to buy a shit load of tank/apc keys with barter then sell them back after patch with barter. Saw this happen in a game call Nexus TK. Was a list of items that wouldn't be wiped, so everybody just bought the shit out of those items.

I think that everybody should just calm down. It's only something like 27 days away. If there is a full wipe, i'll play still.

Bred
Hooked for life.

cRazy2003
05-08-04, 03:17
Right about now I care as much as this roach basically...

http://195.198.174.163/roach.bmp

he seems quite bothered indeed.

G.0.D.
05-08-04, 03:28
They cant tell us they are wiping the items -
because who would play for the next month?

[TgR]KILLER
05-08-04, 03:30
They cant tell us they are wiping the items -
because who would play for the next month?

already payed for 3 months today.. but if they are gonna wipe my shit i aint gonna be ingame and just spam the forums.. like now pretty much do the same.. on pluto i just stand on a table a bit talk and logout again nobody on anyway..

but if they gonn wipe shit i aint ognna play no more so there would be fewer people on meaning all new people think the game is dead..

Pre-Moistened
05-08-04, 04:03
I was just informed that there will be an item wipe.

This statement is a lie.

Drexel
05-08-04, 04:26
Exactly what the hell is wrong with a clan with 200 mil in its account ?

My clan has 91 mil, & we have spent 12 months building that up, & earned every damn cent of it, :mad: STFU about the cash, theres not that much out there, we have earnt all out cash legit & we are in the top 20 cash holders, (on Saturn) so its not like theres 900 clan accounts out there with billions in em. And the only 4 guys in my clan all work 50-60 hours a week, so its not like were hard core, anyone can do it if you organise your self.

On Topic - we must have an answer, ive got 8 capped charaters, but it dont meen shit if theres a cash/item wipe, im not buying DoY, therefoe im not pre-ordering until i get an answer.

Funny thing is KK have never said anything about an item wipe, but we have all beat the lack of info up into a storm of misinformation, but what is causing concer is the conplete and utter lack of information about everything in game at the moment.

I wouldnet be surprised if the new owners 10sticle have fired everyone including MJS & have been in a committie for 6 weeks working out how to tell us. O_o

Benjie
05-08-04, 04:48
Exactly what the hell is wrong with a clan with 200 mil in its account ?

My clan has 91 mil, & we have spent 12 months building that up, & earned every damn cent of it, :mad: STFU
It's a shame then.

Blame the exploiters. They are the ones that made this situation arrise.

Tomalak
05-08-04, 05:00
Consider this-

If there was going to be a wipe, would people even bother playing right now?

Food for thought.

I guess that's true..a lot of people wouldn't renew their accounts..as it is, there is not much to do while waiting for NC2..if it comes on time..control of the map, clans, etc..will almost certainly be reset/wiped..nothing to do but kill each other and wait..I've been preparing items for the move, power-leveling some new characters so they'll be ready, experimenting with setups, etc..
I wouldn't be surprised if NC2 comes with a new forum where you have to own the game to have access to it, to keep the angry vets who quit away from the fresh youngsters KK will hopefully acquire.
If NC2 comes out, I'm probably gonna sneak out and buy it once I see postive feedback, my angry opinions be damned, like most everybody else. Everytime I pay for my account, never know if the servers are gonna be there tomorrow, buying NC2 blind won't be anything new, I guess..
I'm just playing my NC like nothing new is coming, and forgetting about
York..it's less stressful, I'll enjoy it if and when it comes..I'm tired of being disappointed by this company, so i'm not getting my hopes up.

Kinda sucks that the mod's pass by to edit posts, but zero replies to the issues. I'm crossing my fingers that they're just paranoid about information leaks, they want to crush their competion..Neocron has always kinda been an underdog, so who knows?
Just a message from Niddy and Co. ``Sorry, community..whaddya mean? Information blackout? *wink wink* or ``Shh..Be patient.Good things are coming.``
It's not much to ask.

Dirk_Gently
05-08-04, 05:03
Just a message from Niddy and Co. ``Sorry, community..whaddya mean? Information blackout? *wink wink* or ``Shh..Be patient.Good things are coming.``

or "We don't know anything either........."

DonnyJepp
05-08-04, 05:16
I heard there might be a wipe.

DonnyJepp
05-08-04, 05:17

Anything to that?

DonnyJepp
05-08-04, 05:18

Anything to that?

DonnyJepp
05-08-04, 05:19

Anything to that?

Dirk_Gently
05-08-04, 05:21

Yes you've said on every thread about a wipe.

Guess what???????

We don't know

DonnyJepp
05-08-04, 05:23
Yeah but I heard there might be a wipe

Dirk_Gently
05-08-04, 05:24
Yeah but I heard there might be a wipe

From a reliable source??

DonnyJepp
05-08-04, 05:27
Yeah there was this other thread where everyone was saying there might be a wipe

Dirk_Gently
05-08-04, 05:29
Yeah there was this other thread where everyone was saying there might be a wipe

So not a reliable source then.

Freya
05-08-04, 07:12
Ok people, do we really need 7 threads on the first page about this, Lets Keep all polls and discussion here

DonnyJepp
05-08-04, 07:21
my bad :p

Rjn
05-08-04, 10:32
why does my poll say posted by skinflint even if stuffs been merged silly moderater

Ultazha
05-08-04, 11:37
Ok people, do we really need 7 threads on the first page about this, Lets Keep all polls and discussion here

May be ik Reakktor answered to the simple question "Will there be a item wipe with NC2", well may be people would not do 7 threads.

I can imagine that the technical problem is not easy to deal with, but just answer to our question.

Answering to the poll question "Will u stop playing neocron for good if DoY item wipe happens ?", i answered no.
I do not play Neocron for my char setup or my items.

[TgR]KILLER
05-08-04, 11:42

uhm.. yes we do.. cause now KK maybe sees the threads and finaly informs THEIR community about what the fuck they gonna do when DOY comes.. nobody knows shit and KK aint giving us shit for info.

evs
05-08-04, 12:06

Dear Freya,

As the others have said - yes there is a need for thread of this ilk.

Whether 7 or 7 thousand threads, we want to know are we wasting our fucking time and money at present.

Please could you poke your bosses and tell them kindly to pull their fucking finger out.

Yours angrily

The Neocron English Community

Ultazha
05-08-04, 12:09

And the French one too ;)

Noodle
05-08-04, 12:19
And the French one too ;)

and the norwegian one

all 3 of us :(

Original monk
05-08-04, 12:25
we want to know are we wasting our fucking time and money at present.

and i think, also most of those weird dutchspeaking peeps (like me) here in the community wonna know :/

:(

with other words, PLEASE: in GOD'S name, what will happen to our precious stuff ?

:( :confused: :(

Ultazha
05-08-04, 14:46
Can you just say: "The problem is not solved yet, so we cannot say now if there will be an item/char wipe or not. As soon as we'll be sure, you'll be informed" ?

... Please, just communicate a bit.

ezza
05-08-04, 15:15
Can you just say: "The problem is not solved yet, so we cannot say now if there will be an item/char wipe or not. As soon as we'll be sure, you'll be informed" ?

... Please, just communicate a bit.
thanatos has already responded today in another thread about this

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=105584

Pre-Moistened
05-08-04, 15:24
[ edited ]

Original monk
05-08-04, 15:40
thanatos has already responded today in another thread about this

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=105584

thats no answer to our question, its only 1 simple yes or no question :/

ezza
05-08-04, 15:48
i didnt say it was an answer

Original monk
05-08-04, 15:51
i didnt say it was an answer

hehe, ffcourse not, it was more aimed towards the gamemoderators :) yust to put a littlebit more pressure :/

im going nuts from this itemwipethingie :/

ezza
05-08-04, 15:54
sry think i misunderstood, though you were saying that to me not the link :lol:

but ya, i mean what the hold up.

our accounts are all proberbly paid up to the end of Neo 1, so its not like there gonna lose money if they say now "yup its a item wipe" as we have already paid the money till NC2 comes out.

however doesnt matter if they tell us today or one day before NC2, if they say item wipe a number of people wont be paying any further anyway

phunqe
05-08-04, 16:48
If there is a wipe, I doubt that it's a wipe just for the sake of it "ok, we have new servers etc, let's give all a fresh new start".
That would be just pointless.

My guess is that if there is an item wipe, there is certainly going to be a good reason for it.

Jest
05-08-04, 16:59
My guess is that if there is an item wipe, there is certainly going to be a good reason for it.Yah I believe its gonna be for item tracking, which they are for sure implementing. Itd be a bitch to implement if there wasnt some sort of item wipe. Im just praying they will let us keep a handful of items.

Mattimeo
05-08-04, 19:09
Yah I believe its gonna be for item tracking, which they are for sure implementing. Itd be a bitch to implement if there wasnt some sort of item wipe. Im just praying they will let us keep a handful of items.

Actually unless they're using a database setup I've never heard of it should be rather easy to assign a tracking method to existing items.

That is of course assuming they do it the logical way, and not some ass backwards way.

Clownst0pper
05-08-04, 19:10
Your right jest, I hope I keep everything such as..

4 slot Artefact spirit modded Silent Hunter

DS
SA
RD
Herc
SA

rest I can easily get back :)

ezza
05-08-04, 19:11
didnt blizzard introduce a item tracking thingy without having to wipe all the stuff, they just removed the duped stuff

Jest
05-08-04, 19:25

DS
SA
RD
Herc
SA

rest I can easily get back :)Exactly, realistically I only really want to bring a few things. I think an item wipe is a great idea, but I'd like to keep my best, ya know. My Titan armor that took me 3 weeks of camping El Farid. My Judge that took me over 25 builds to get. (Yes I have made 25 Judges). I dont want to lose those things that took me hours and hours and hours to get. Itd be a big moral blow despite how great NC2 looks.

The players who have threatened to quit are not doing so simply because they are babies who want to keep their toys. Itd almost be like, whats the point if they can just come out with a "sequel" every couple of years and wipe the items Ive worked so hard to get. For all of you in favor of a full item wipe, hell why dont we just have random item wipes throughout the year? Its not just a matter of the past, its a matter of the future.

Do I need those 24 other Judges? Do I need my 2 apartments filled with rares or my apartments filled with massive amounts of implants and slotted psi spells? No. I will gladly give those up, I think itd be great for the economy and tbh would actually give me something to do with NC2. (Having everything you need kinda sucks some times). I seriously think we should all be in favor of a partial item/money wipe. If you are either for a full item wipe, or for no wipe at all, please reconsider the above. :p

ezza
05-08-04, 19:33
i only want to bring my 5 CS 3 ravagers 1 Dev 2 doombeamers 2 mals 2 moonys

and my small amount of cash(5mil to be exact)

oh and my epics items

if they let me have that ill play

i guess they can lose the techs, i can always hunt for more(if i have the tools)

Inchenzo
05-08-04, 19:54
i can live without my 0 slot rares, i can live without the cash i got ingame, but that's it.

Don't you dare touch my other stuff !! O_o

Praetorian
05-08-04, 21:25
No wipe.

Candaman
05-08-04, 21:32
Epic's reset so that people can get the epic items over again

Gr's reset so people have to retag gr's

Item's wiped get to grips with it now so ur heart ain't ripped off when they go

KK: "would u like nc2?"
us: "yes"
KK: "well done u've earned a free item wipe"
us: "well i don't want nc2 then"
KK: "too late muahahahaha naw naw na naw naw"
us: *extend middle finger piss and moan and then carry on playing*

Endar
05-08-04, 21:49
Whee! Id love to see that 95 players leave, I hope it will be those noob PKers that run around who are going to leave :D

Anyway -> less people -> better fps -> less whiners -> less PKers -> better NC = awesome :D

joran420
05-08-04, 21:51
nyway -> less people -> better fps -> less whiners -> less PKers -> better NC = awesome

WTF is wrong with you? are you retarded? How many less ppl can Neocron have and still be fun AT aLL? i mean if those 95 were all active playters on Saturn that would bring saturn down to what 45 ppl on at peak time?

Idiot

Candaman
05-08-04, 23:44
WTF is wrong with you? are you retarded? How many less ppl can Neocron have and still be fun AT aLL? i mean if those 95 were all active playters on Saturn that would bring saturn down to what 45 ppl on at peak time?

Idiot

Joran = WINNAR

phunqe
06-08-04, 10:00
You can't really make a poll out of this until you know IF there will be an item wipe and WHY in that case.

What you can say is I MIGHT leave if there is an item wipe.

It's like if a new pizzeria would open in my building right. I would be tempted to state "I will buy all my pizzas there when they open".
But what if the pizzas sucked so bad?
I can't make that statement before I've seen the menu and tasted the pizzas now can I?

All you that voted yes. Will you really stand by your word no matter what the reason for the item wipe is?
What if there will be item tracking... what if there will be a whole new item distribution system for example, maybe through hacknet or maybe factions or some other system we cannot think of... what if etc etc et al...

I'm just guessing but there are lot of reasons that would, for me, more than enough justify an item wipe.

Until I know exactly what the terms are and if there will be a wipe, I cannot vote anything else than no.

Noodle
06-08-04, 10:13
Joran = WINNAR

i concur

sanityislost
06-08-04, 12:17
ok i just had a lil thought in my head

Say lil Joe has done the epics in NC1

NC2 comes out

lil Joe's stuff gets deleted, so he goes and trys to get his epic stuff back
just to find out he cant cause he already did the epics but the epic rewards
got deleted o_O...so he is screwed

ezza
06-08-04, 12:22
All you that voted yes. Will you really stand by your word no matter what the reason for the item wipe is? yes i will and you will see my leaving thread as soon as thanny says they are wiping items

Wank3r
06-08-04, 12:36
No wipe...

Just put your damn minds to what your saying here people!...Bleah bleah, I want a wipe, I want my slotted rares, my hard earned millions to be taken away in an instant...Say your a tank...Want your MOVEON, Herc and what ever other shitty chips you have to be gone? Oh balls, you're screwed! What you going to do? Go down to the damn sewers and hunt with your fists for scraps of cash?

Jesus christ, sometimes I wonder what the fuck is going through peoples minds! ARE YOU CRAZY! NO WIPE!!!

In a final note...If anything is to be wiped it's money...or at least some of it.

phunqe
06-08-04, 12:48
yes i will and you will see my leaving thread as soon as thanny says they are wiping items

I didn't think it was possible that a bunch of posessions (albeit hardly earned) could drive you to quitting a game entirely no matter if a wipe would bring you an enhanced gaming experience.

Rjn
06-08-04, 12:52
i think i know why kk arn't saying yes or no they want us to all pay for doy first so they have there money so people who leave cause of it its to late well no kk thats nio right we want an officail staitment b4 1 pay anymore3 for nc2

ezza
06-08-04, 13:11
I didn't think it was possible that a bunch of posessions (albeit hardly earned) could drive you to quitting a game entirely no matter if a wipe would bring you an enhanced gaming experience.
the point is ive wasted 2 years on 3 accounts with over 15/16 chars(some now deleted).

and what i get is a kthxbye kinda response.

phunqe
06-08-04, 14:15
the point is ive wasted 2 years on 3 accounts with over 15/16 chars(some now deleted).

Do you really see it as wasted? Do you really?
I respect your point of view, don't get me wrong. Just that I do not share it :)

I've met tons of people in game.
I've hade incredible laughable moments.
I've seen the game through all changes since beta4, seen it evolve.

I don't regard this as a waste.
If you really feel this way you do, maybe you should see it as your queue to a sortie instead.

and what i get is a kthxbye kinda response.

Did you mean my response, the lack of an official response or the unconfirmed rumoured response of a wipe?

PS. I won't answer to this again, don't see that as disrespect. I just feel we've exhausted this.

Rjn
06-08-04, 14:19
the point is doy was ment to be released april 2003 but wasnt back then an item wipe wouldnt have been a problem as peeps had'nt collected that much but because kk 's coders arnt very fast they need to interprit all items over to doy as its there fault its delayed

ezza
06-08-04, 15:02
I've met tons of people in game.
I've hade incredible laughable moments.
I've seen the game through all changes since beta4, seen it evolve.

sure ive meet tons of people, ive still got about 15 people in my clan, however from when i started ive see a high turn over of people, from the first clan i started with only a few people remain.

however i can go to any game and meet tons of people.

ya ive had good times, i still do, its a laugh a minute in crahn right now on saturn(and thats not a piss take either)

yup ive seen lots of changes, however i see no viable reason for them to take all my items off me just cos they had the lack of forsight to code the items for tracking or whatever.

many multi player games ive played, they reward there players, i remember the christmas hats in AO, or the black paint plus other stuff in UO after so long of playing.

yet in neo us vets have never got any reward, just a lot of lies delays, and several kicks in the teeth.

ive always been a supporter of this game, even up to when they were delaying shit recently.

however striping me of my items will be the final insult and i will no longer support a company who(if)continue to treat me like a steaming pile of dog turd

and i didnt mean you i ment offical responce

Endar
08-08-04, 12:23

Idiot

Well thank you, if those 95 players like to PK noobs then I gladly see them leaving. I dont care about your Saturn population since I play on Uranus. And since there are usually about 200ppl on Uranus when I play there, I dont give a shit if 95 PKers would leave, since I dont team up or play with PKers.

I dont think that people who PK noobs make the game fun so I think it can be much more fun without noob PKers.

Maybe you didnt read my post well but I said NOOB PKERS, there is nothing wrong with PvP if there is a reason for it, and it wont be rank 15 vs rank 45.

Oh and thanks for -rep, I just love it :angel:

Jesterthegreat
08-08-04, 12:37

DS
SA
RD
Herc
SA

rest I can easily get back :)

really? i would love to see how "easy" it is to get your DS'd monk his rares by punching rats...

think no items, not no good items