PDA

View Full Version : I hate this game sometimes - or 'A day off wasted'

metalangel
28-07-04, 16:21
Yes. I figured, given I had the day off, I'd go and level my spy's PSI with some missions.

So, I struggled to get all the bugged missions out of my mission box, and finally got a mission to go and kill some reaperspiders near TG. Should be simple, right? Except, it snowballed into possibly the worst experience I've had playing any game, ever.

I headed out on my hovertec, and naturally could find everything EXCEPT Reaperspiders. Now, surely if I kill a BIG Reaperspider, that should count too, given it's harder? No? Well, it FUCKING SHOULD. Anyway.

Scouring all the desert sectors, I skirt near MC5's sector, and there's a lone MC5 bot, OUTSIDE the MC5 boundary, I avoid its hail of shots, fly over a wall, and land in MC5, and get instantly killed by the bots.

I'm a bit displeased, and figure I remember where I died (my hovertec'll be right next to it) so I jump in my car and head back. Unfortunately, the cars can't quite make it up or over the hills, so I ask Matty for help, maybe a hovertec or something I can borrow to get in, grab my belt, and get back out.

As I'm sitting waiting, I am shot from BEYOND VISUAL RANGE by an MC5 bot's plasma pistol. Dead, again. Fed up now, as I've just lost my Stealth 2.

So, spend another 20 minutes getting poked (yes, 20 minutes each time to find someone on Saturn to poke me) and note my hovertec has returned to the garage. So, I GR to the racetrack, hop on my hovertec, and head out... on the way, I see a burning body by some Doomies, and slow down to see if I can spot their name so I can shout for a PPU on Trade, or maybe log Sophie to rezz him. The Doomies kill me. Fuck.

Poked again, forced to WALK this time, from Tezla. I cross into H-13, and am INSTANTLY KILLED by Doomies standing BEHIND where I zoned in. Two deaths without any warning. I've just lost my Spy PA.

Implants back in, I look on the map. Tristar is just a sector north of H12 where I saw that burning guy! I'll go get my stuff. I GR to Tristar, and step out of the GR to see a tank running down the hill towards the OP. He's in SoldierZ. SHIT! Turn and frantically try to select a destination with the GR, when two SoldierZ guys come in with CS's and easily ******** my uncapped 40% impaired ass. Lovely.

Poked yet again, I finally manage to reach the tower, and see my belt next to it. Unfortunately, there are about 4 Grims, and sundry other Doomies, Raptors and Leapers around it. Somehow I manage to run in, but they are spawning faster than I can hope to kill them. I call for help, and Ommm, bless his/her heart, says they're on the way. Meanwhile, stuck, I alt-tab out to change my playlist and return to find a raptor spawned INSIDE the tower and killed me. Luckily, Ommm arrives and rezzes me.

After a quick battle I make a run for it, grab my belt, and... it's not my PA. It's a spell. GAH!

Oh well, I walk back to the racetrack, get my hovertec out and head to where I got killed on the MC5 border. I find my belt - Stealth isn't in there either - it's another spell. I fly over the walls, and find another belt - with another spell. And then I got shot from beyond visual range (I have fog distance at maximum) and die.

FUCK THIS BULLSHIT. I have wasted five hours, 50,000 credits and all I have to show for it is one less PA and one less stealth activator? IS THIS FUN?

I'm off to play BF1942.

ezza
28-07-04, 16:25
enjoy BF1942 :p

tbh, you just had a bad day, happens to everyone.

my clan had a bad day last week, shit really hit the fan and everyone was pissed.

just gotta forget it and carry on

Vampire222
28-07-04, 16:26
nope it's definately not fun. but we'll all haveto live with it till doy, and pray it wont happen in neocron 2 :P cause i doubt kk is gonna put any more effort into neocron patches or something

Shinbo
28-07-04, 16:29
You're stupid.

*joking*

greendonkeyuk
28-07-04, 16:57
i suggest a trip to the anger management thread for you m8. :cool:

Archeus
28-07-04, 17:24
Buy some spare hovertecs.

Jesterthegreat
28-07-04, 17:31
could be worse... check my recent thread... the floor isnt even on the right level for me!

at least you can do something, i am stuck under the floor, and cant even ignore it and level as i am cos my spells wont cast!

thats another char i cant do anything at all with unless its fixed! and it's been about 2 hours since i mailed helpdesk so far...

Thundra
28-07-04, 17:41
could be worse... check my recent thread... the floor isnt even on the right level for me!

at least you can do something, i am stuck under the floor, and cant even ignore it and level as i am cos my spells wont cast!

thats another char i cant do anything at all with unless its fixed! and it's been about 2 hours since i mailed helpdesk so far...

if u really need to use ya caracter then just use the /set reset_position 1 command or the /set kill_self command. if u loose summin u really need in y abelt complain after takin shots and they might recover it for you

LiL T
28-07-04, 17:44
ahahaha :lol: :D

nah thats shit but it allways helps if you have spare stuff placed in an appy or on an alt like I do for those types of days :)

Jesterthegreat
28-07-04, 17:53
if u really need to use ya caracter then just use the /set reset_position 1 command or the /set kill_self command. if u loose summin u really need in y abelt complain after takin shots and they might recover it for you

the whole zone is messed up... i dunno about all the other zones (well i know P2 is ok due to my other char :p)

Thundra
28-07-04, 17:56
the whole zone is messed up... i dunno about all the other zones (well i know P2 is ok due to my other char :p)

think ive had same problem ages ago. if u try a file check ya milibase zone file might be corrupt either that or it just one of those days. on sujjest kill self command as u get to rep into anougher zone and rezone back into milibase zone to see if its still messed up but i guess reloging would have the same effect.

Jesterthegreat
28-07-04, 17:58
think ive had same problem ages ago. if u try a file check ya milibase zone file might be corrupt either that or it just one of those days. on sujjest kill self command as u get to rep into anougher zone and rezone back into milibase zone to see if its still messed up but i guess reloging would have the same effect.

filecheck shows no probs

Jest
28-07-04, 17:59
Yah we've all been there mate. Thing to remember is that just like real life, some times things don't go the way we want them to. Though sometimes it just sucks more since video games are our break from reality or hard days work, and often enough they end up being more real than our normal day is.

Matthew.v.smith
28-07-04, 18:50
Sorry I couldent be much help man :(

My PE has a max of 18k on him lol but i would have logged my other char's and got u a hover if i had time but i had to run :)

If you need anything tho i'll get it for ya.

Matty.

metalangel
28-07-04, 19:12
Thanks for the sympathy all, luckily GemBunnyWelshCakes has plenty of cash to replace the two valuable items lost, it's still a pain though.

I just counted that I was killed several times without any real hope (either by mobs on zone lines, from beyond the range I could see, or while impaired) and that sucks.

In fact, I'd be tempted to say dying needs a rethink in this game - you die, you're out of action for a LONG time if you don't get rezzed. You have to get poked, re-equip, get your belt back, etc. You might just say 'don't die' but it's all very well to say that from outside the picture, innit?

Oh well, I found a nice Coral Sea/Battle of Britain server for BF1942 so I could play something at good at (flying) and I feel happy again :D

MrChumble
28-07-04, 23:35
tbh, you just had a bad day, happens to everyone.

It happens to everyone...isn't that the point :wtf:

OTIS
29-07-04, 00:22
the poking thing really is a joke now...no one wants to do it now that you get no xp from it

ezza
29-07-04, 12:20
It happens to everyone...isn't that the point :wtf:
all i see is someone getting killed by mobs, getting ganked at GR and getting hit from beyond clipping plain.

withthe exception of the clipping plain bit i dont see any major problem, and even that one can be remedied by not standing out in the open

Clownst0pper
29-07-04, 12:22
all i see is someone getting killed by mobs, getting ganked at GR and getting hit from beyond clipping plain.

withthe exception of the clipping plain bit i dont see any major problem, and even that one can be remedied by not standing out in the open

Agree

ichinin
29-07-04, 13:11
Ah.. sorry dude, i have belt retrieval services.. You could have used it.

As for BF, played on some german server last night; "Wilkommen. Spawnkill = Kick/Ban" Did sound allright to me.. shot some people, they developed some sort of attitude problem, started Spawnkilling... did they get kicked? no.. *sigh* bloody loosers... Bah.. back to NC :D

MrChumble
29-07-04, 19:02

Well I suppose. But the regularity with which my spy gets boned by warbots when she zones is quite depressing. They should spawn far enough away from the zoneline that you can avoid them, just like you would if there weren't any zonelines.

Getting ganked at GR is just plain annoying, but there's not much to be done about it :(

ezza
29-07-04, 19:05
onmy spy to save getting ganked as soon as i zone i use stealth to enter zone.

if no mobs there great, if ther are great again cos im in stealth lol

StryfeX
29-07-04, 22:56
onmy spy to save getting ganked as soon as i zone i use stealth to enter zone.

if no mobs there great, if ther are great again cos im in stealth lolErm... And what about those classes that can't use stealth? APUs are fucked beyond all belief when that happens, as are tanks and PEs if it's a Grim.

--Stryfe