PDA

View Full Version : Give duals to PE (read)

Ozzon
28-07-04, 15:19
The idea is, it should be hard to use any high TL pistol so using a Judge should be very hard.
In dual you should have worse aiming, RoF and damage shouldn't be 2x higher but instead duals should make like 1/3 more damage (or something around that) than a single pistol.

Using a dual should give higher bonus to the lower TL guns, so PE's don't have to use at least Wyatt Earp or Lib in PvP, but they should be able to use the lower TL guns too.

The most important thing, is that you should be able to use two different pistols in dual, so you could mix UZI with Plasma making 4 types of damage (for example piercing, force, energy, x-ray).

This is how is see it, duals shouldn't give you much more damage, but instead you could use two different kind of guns like plasma and piercing and that would be the main advantage.

The other thing is that PE's would be able to use non rare guns in PvP thanks to that.

Ryuben
28-07-04, 15:28
imagines his spy walking down the streets of plaza 1 (in NC2) and pulling out 2 wyatt earps :D :D :D cape flaping back behind him as he dives into a roll to nail the dam scum :D :D

garyu69
28-07-04, 15:32
One of the images of Neocron 2 actually has a female runner holding two guns.

It was on one of those magazines on the German forum.

Dribble Joy
28-07-04, 16:01
People have asked for this for as long as NC has existed.
Personnaly I would like dual wielding for Pistols as a high lvl WoC skill.

Ozambabbaz
28-07-04, 16:15
i concur, dual terminators for Oz plz

ezza
28-07-04, 17:29
i concur, dual terminators for Oz plz
dont think you will get duel rifles sir.

*imagines if his spy was able to use duel healing lights* :D

Possessed
28-07-04, 17:31
Rifle PEs are the ones who need some loving... I can probably count all of the rifle PEs playing NC atm on my fingers....

Jesterthegreat
28-07-04, 17:33
rifle PE's dont need love... DB + Spirit SH + HL = death for your enemy

if its a PPU just throw in a TL 3 heal and maybe a TL 25 shelt too

or DB + Termi (i forget the ammo mod... extra force damage) = dead tank

Tostino
28-07-04, 17:45
WTF not everyone has a spirit mod and termi is not that good. and the lower tl rifles just suck... pistols have alot better choice of guns to use and still be good.

enigma_b17
28-07-04, 17:47
er as cool as that would be, it would also be extremely overpowered. I mean a judge pe atm is hard enuf to survive, never mind a pe weilding 2 judges

Possessed
28-07-04, 17:47

or DB + Termi (i forget the ammo mod... extra force damage) = dead tank
DB is too easily countered... it only takes what? 2-3 seconds to get rid of it? Anyhow, anyone who can aim even a little bit will be able to take a good chunk of HP off the dbing PE while they are casting it.

You will never be able to get off a tl3 heal and a shelter on a half decent PPU at once, except maybe if you have two people casting the nub spells... and then no PPU worth his salt will stand still.

Oh, lastly, not every rifle PE drugs up to use a SH and HL....

Celt
28-07-04, 17:50

or DB + Termi (i forget the ammo mod... extra force damage) = dead tankSeriously, what the hell kind of noob PE uses DB in pvp?

Also, wtf kind of PE uses a SH?

Also, I used an explosive termi on venus for 3 months on my PE before it came out, it's good against monks, ok against PPU's, and not as good as a paine against pe's/tanks

garyu69
28-07-04, 17:53
ha, found it.

look two pistols!!!

http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2351

Jesterthegreat
28-07-04, 17:57
Seriously, what the hell kind of noob PE uses DB in pvp?

Also, wtf kind of PE uses a SH?

Also, I used an explosive termi on venus for 3 months on my PE before it came out, it's good against monks, ok against PPU's, and not as good as a paine against pe's/tanks

*sigh* try it...

HL does 100 damage to every DB'd tank i have seen it used on per hit

now... a PE, who has lost his shelter sue to an SH, and is DB'd will take more damage

you may think these things arent done. you may think it doesnt happen...

just cos you dont do it doesnt mean it's not done.

oh and btw not every tank has a Moon Striker... but i dont start a thread saying Tanks need a force / pierce rare now do i...

TheGreatMilenko
28-07-04, 17:57
ha, found it.

look two pistols!!!

bleh she is using duel wyatt earp :p

Celt
28-07-04, 17:58
*sigh* try it...

now... a PE, who has lost his shelter sue to an SH, and is DB'd will take more damage

oh and btw not every tank has a Moon Striker... but i dont start a thread saying Tanks need a force / pierce rare now do i...Healing Light, I never mentioned it.

Now, what PE/tank goes around without antishock/anti DB drugs?

TheGreatMilenko
28-07-04, 17:59
*sigh* try it...

oh and btw not every tank has a Moon Striker... but i dont start a thread saying Tanks need a force / pierce rare now do i...

stupid.
SH is a spy weapon drugging up to SH is fucking retarded if you want SH use a damn spy and that Moon Striker comment was stupid as hell

Jesterthegreat
28-07-04, 18:07
stupid.
SH is a spy weapon drugging up to SH is fucking retarded if you want SH use a damn spy and that Moon Striker comment was stupid as hell

whatever your opinion on it... its effective and it works. and yes the mooni comment was, i misread the "not all PE's drug up for SH and HL" and thought it said "not everyone has a SH and HL" which i thought was just as stupid as you saw my comment.

and Celt - my tank always has anti-shock drugs, although not anti-DB drugs.

Tank's QB:

CS
Heal
Thunderbolt
Sta booster
Sta Booster
Anti-shock
Def
Melee 1
Spy 1
Basic Resist 1

and i have more anti-shocks in my inv.

thats as a hybrid tank... a pure tank has 1 more slot free for medikit / sta booster / anti-drug's.

:edit: logging now, feel free to reply if ya like, but i wont reply for a while.

TheGreatMilenko
28-07-04, 18:10
TIP: after using a buff like resist 1 just put it in your inventory and put a DB there duh :rolleyes:

Dribble Joy
28-07-04, 18:11
stupid.
Funny, since all the 'best' rifle users on Uranus use SH/HL.
Spies can't DB either.

Crono
28-07-04, 19:21
Find me a noob that will run into the path of the moonstriker as if he is trying to catch a baseball, and then that comment will be valid, cause max H-C, every H-C imp u can get, and PA3 and it still acts like u sneezed just as u pulled the trigger :D

-Crono

-FN-
28-07-04, 19:33
*For all Dual Weilding Weapons:

- Obviously they'll be overall weaker in damage in exchange for the higher % chance to hit, with overall higher freq
- Not as good in handling/aiming so that the single handed guns are slightly stronger and easier to aim with, still giving them appeal.
- All dual weild weapons should have significantly higher stamina drain.

Tangent `Twinfire` Elites
Req: DEX 75 STR 50 P-C 99
Damage Type: Piercing/Force/Stackable
- Similar to dual Wyatt Earps

SILVER REAPERS
Req: DEX 90 STR 61 P-C 103
Damage Type: Piercing/Force
- Similar to dual Liberators

HEAD HUNTERS
Req: DEX 93 STR 63 P-C 108 T-C 82
Damage Type: Energy/Force
- Similar to dual Judges

HEAD HUNTERS
Req: DEX 85 STR 70 R-C 105
Damage Type: Force/Stackable
- Similar to dual Terminators, except two single barrel shotguns.

WOLVE'S BANE
Req: STR 91 DEX 66 M-C 111
Damage Type: Force/Pierce
- Similar to dual Face Scratcher Claws

MERCENARY ARMS
Req: STR 100 DEX 69 M-C 115 T-C 82
Damage Type: Energy/Force/Pierce
- Similar to dual Energy Soulblades

Shadow Dancer
28-07-04, 19:38
No, because it's just an excuse to do more damage or have higher rof.

I think pes should get something unique, but not just the plain vanilla method of increasing damage or defense.

Crono
28-07-04, 19:40
I like that idea FN. As long as their new wepons used for it it could seriously work. That way they can be balanced based on being dualed only (should only be dual weildable, likle u build them and their a pair)

-Crono

LTA
28-07-04, 19:45

I think pes should get something unique, but not just the plain vanilla method of increasing damage or defense.i suggested this ages ago and that response came as the general.

Treat the guns as one gun.... for rof etc, just make animations for the other to match so it appears to be duel wielded.

Don't have to make it any faster, or any more damaging just the effect of duel wielding would be cool enough for meh :p

And because rifle pes can drug and us sh/hl makes them fine?
So i have to spec from low tech to high tech to be fine?
Dmg boost dsoen't really work for me outside of one on one situations and i ain't speccing tech just to compete. Painy needs more hit chances per burst thats all imo

Doc Holliday
28-07-04, 20:30
imagines his spy walking down the streets of plaza 1 (in NC2) and pulling out 2 wyatt earps :D :D :D cape flaping back behind him as he dives into a roll to nail the dam scum :D :D

imagines slapping Ryuben to wake him up so he reads the title of the thread and then changes his post to imagines his pe walking down the streets of plaza 1.......... :angel:

Lev
28-07-04, 20:49
Yeah I also like the idea of seperate dual weildable guns rather than just have two currently uber guns like the judge etc.

Dribble Joy
28-07-04, 21:31

I think pes should get something unique, but not just the plain vanilla method of increasing damage or defense.
As it stands, yes, a simple dmg increase is not needed.

If DW was a WoC skill, then it might be different.
As stated in the WoC skills would allow chars to use more pwerful weapons and skills.
There could be an option to dual wield with existing guns, or use one of the new weapons.

Crono
28-07-04, 22:05
dual weils old guns with WOC skills would be cool, like it wou.;dnt raise the dm,g, but double the potential clip size, shooting alternating guns.

Nasher
28-07-04, 22:06
Dual pistols should = no accuracy at anything over about 20m + 2x slower reload time (you are reloading 2 pistols with both hands full...) :P

Rai Wong
28-07-04, 22:15
*sigh* try it...

An rifle PE using an SH is already using 2 drugs and more..., by the time you manage to take shelter off, and DB you're already dead, sure HL is good, but its like the only balanced weapons riflers get...Rifle PEs needs some serious loving, also everything you described could be done better by a rifle spy or a pistol PE. I've been there done that, I use SH on my rifle PE, the fact is n00b shelter, and n00b heal only works on sucky ppus, most ppus can recast shelter faster then you can cast or remove it, and would heal themselves once their heal is running low.

As I said every thing screams rifle PEs needs the most loving, and rifle spies the next on the list, don't count on the spirit mods because only the select few get the mod.

Freaky Fryd
29-07-04, 13:08

I've watched a rifle PE take on 2 capped (or near) HC tanks and not only stay alive, but keep them on the the run too...damage boost, self-heal, fire, repeat as necessary...

Dribble Joy
29-07-04, 13:19
Virtually all of the good ones now, and most of the others, people are speccing a lot of psu, I have 77 and that's with 80 base imp and 100+ WEP buffed.

dual weils old guns with WOC skills would be cool, like it wou.;dnt raise the dm,g, but double the potential clip size, shooting alternating guns.

WoC skills are intending to let you do more dmg, so say... a 20% overall rof (and therefore 20% dmg) increase, or whatever is comparable to the new weapons with the dual wielding 'old' guns.

r0ti0n
29-07-04, 13:20
you just wanna get duals so you can kill people faster huh? :D

phunqe
29-07-04, 13:30

I actually got a chill down my spine reading and picturing that :eek:

:D

Dribble Joy
29-07-04, 13:34
I had a similar image of my PE with her twin judges, PA on (without helmet) and a big red cape billowing.

Jesterthegreat
29-07-04, 17:00
anyone who thinks PE's cant survive long enough to DB and SH someone, then fight... i really urge you to log onto Uranus and test it.

as Dribble says (and he plays Uranus) alot of rifle PE's do it (certainly on our server...) and it is effective, it is possible and it does give an edge.

now i am not a high level on saturn, and im a PPU who barely plays on pluto, however i know how people fight on Uranus, and they tend to try things rather than using cookie cutter setups.

hell my Rifle PE is slowly leveling on Saturn (between my other projects) so maybe i will get to show some Saturn people this, although i have never PvP'd well as a PE.

NC Junkie

Gohei
29-07-04, 17:19

Does she have a huge head or is it jusst the body thats small `?